What leave-in conditioners do you currently use?

Re: What leave-in conditioners do you currently use?

thank you for responding, Allandra.

I am in the u.s. NYC in fact. I have tried Walgreens, Duane Reade, and CVS. We don't have Walmart here but i'll try k-mart tomorrow.

Re: What leave-in conditioners do you currently use?

My pathmark has it believe it or not. So check your food store as well.

Africa's Best Hair Mayo, Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment, and Next Image Coco Mango Oil Moisturizer(IMO, the best most underrated product line ever)and the NI can also be used as just a daily moisturizer.

Cara - try Rite Aid.

Ever since I began using Salerm 21 leave in my hair has never been softer. It hasd silk protein but no hardness at all.

I am a Salerm leave in junkie.
grin.gif

Re: What leave-in conditioners do you currently

[ QUOTE ]
keylargo said:
I have the DB Manage leave-in (yes I jumped on the deep brillance bandwagon yesterday) and it has tons of protein in it. I'm skeptical about using it daily. I have the Giovanni Direct Leave-In so I used it after the DB Reconstruct and so far so good. Soft and silky hair, at least while it's wet....Not sure how it will be once it dries.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I sound like a broken record, but GIRL did you read my thread about un-necessary protein phobia?
laugh.gif

And just so you know--all of the proteins in Deep Brilliance products are VERY moisturizing proteins.
up.gif

Razac Leave-In
Giovanni Direct
Nexxus Headdress (w/oil b/c it can make hair dull)
Distilled water w/ pure unrefined coconut oil

Razac Leave-In
Giovanni Direct
Nexxus Headdress (w/oil b/c it can make hair dull)
Distilled water w/ pure unrefined coconut oil
Kids Organics Detangling Shea Butter Lotion

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
keylargo said:
I have the DB Manage leave-in (yes I jumped on the deep brillance bandwagon yesterday) and it has tons of protein in it. I'm skeptical about using it daily. I have the Giovanni Direct Leave-In so I used it after the DB Reconstruct and so far so good. Soft and silky hair, at least while it's wet....Not sure how it will be once it dries.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I sound like a broken record, but GIRL did you read my thread about un-necessary protein phobia?
laugh.gif

And just so you know--all of the proteins in Deep Brilliance products are VERY moisturizing proteins.
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Supergirl, I was considering sending you a PM about this but I figured you'd come back here and school me
laugh.gif

My concern about the DB Manage is that the third ingredient is Hydrolized Collagen. I used it once and it did make my hair feel a little dry. Do you use it daily? What type of moisturizing products do you use after applying the DB Manage?

[ QUOTE ]
keylargo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
keylargo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Supergirl, I was considering sending you a PM about this but I figured you'd come back here and school me
laugh.gif

My concern about the DB Manage is that the third ingredient is Hydrolized Collagen. I used it once and it did make my hair feel a little dry. Do you use it daily? What type of moisturizing products do you use after applying the DB Manage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I don't use the Manage daily. I only use it when I use my DB products which is once a week. My hair dries so smooth and soft. I think it's a combo of the DB products working together. But once I did use the DB manage after using Motions Silk Protein Conditioner & I still go the smoothness & softness--which I don't get when I use the Motions conditioner alone. I wouldn't worry about the Collagen either--it strengthens, but it's more of an "elasticity protein." Keratin & "Hydrolyzed Animal Protein" are really the ones you don't want to go overboard with.

Collagen is the protein I've been looking for lately. I need to wok on my elasticity. Is this the only protein that does that SuperGirl?

[ QUOTE ]
daviine said:
Collagen is the protein I've been looking for lately. I need to wok on my elasticity. Is this the only protein that does that SuperGirl?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that Hydrolyzed Elastin will do this as well. You will find it in Keracare Super Reconstructor (maybe Affirm 5-in-1, can't remember for sure) * Clairol 5X Renewal Conditioner & the Clairol 5X Renewal Leave-In.

And of course, moist hair will have more elasticity than dry hair so I guess moisturizing proteins do this to a degree.

I don't currently use all of these but right now I'm tryin to use up my Aussie Hair Insurance leave-in which doesn't do much for my hair.

Elasta QP H-Two - detangling
Joico Integrity - detangling and softening and comes out in a fine mist
KMS Silker - detangling
L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Heat Protection Leave-in Creme - detangling, softening, and great for smooth hair when blowdrying
Redken So Long Heat Treat - good for heat protection and softening but not for detangling.

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
Giovanni Direct

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this, I have a sample that I just used today it's in now, I'm just wondering how it is? I guess I'll know in the morning when it's dry

Keylargo, I wondered that too. I did Aphogee and used the Giovanni but I'm somewhat worried cause it has the soy protein in it.

Protein in a leavin may be ok, but following a strong protein???

supergirl - protein guru..

What about Soy ? Safe or nonsafe

Neutrogena, Instant Shine Detangler! I will never go back to Infusium...Neutrogena is great!

~Jade~

I rotate the following:
Nexxus Y Serum
Joico K-Pak Leave-in foam
KMS Silker (great on my ends and as a remoisturizing mist)
Beauty Without Cruelty Leave-in
Graham Webb Silk Protein Leave-in (great as a moisturizer on dry hair)
L'Oreal Unfrizz Taming Cream

Profective Damage free
drunk.gif

Motions Nourish- Ingredients just sound healthy

I also have Razac Perfect for Perms and Giovanni Direct Leave In(never tried)

Back