What Kind Of Voodoo Is In Wetline Gel?

Thanks to everyone and this thread. #priceless
It's mind numbing trying to figure out what will be worth the purchase, what products work well together, for what hair type... And don't go to the Shea Moisture aisle :thud: I didn't know that many words can go into a product title. Not today.

- don't sleep on the Cantu coconut curling cream, I used it on 3 heads yesterday of various textures, paired with wetline and all came out fab..the white residue cleared when dried.

Sold! I just picked up both. :lol:

I finally bought and used:

Wetline Xtreme Professional Styling Gel
(Clear) This really does have all the shine raved about by everyone who talks about it. I used it over Camille Rose Natural Curl Maker and a tiny bit of oil over the top for softness.

Wetline Xtreme Reaction Gels in (clear and in black). I found that the clear Reaction had more shine than the black but the black had a much more amazing hold (I'll use the black one as an edge control gel). Also they didn't dry quite as shiny or as soft as the original clear gel with the green top but after adding some light butter and oil combo on top, they were perfectly soft and shiny.

I have not yet tried the one in blue jar so stay tuned. I didn't purchase the green gel but I just might still get it just for comparison. The WX (clear) Reaction Gel made my curls pop like crazy, I'm keeping that one too.

I have to admit though that this is by far the best styling gel on this side of heaven for my hair.

The definition of my curls was poppin' better than popcorn in a microwave oven:bouncy:.

Oh and can I say - NO FLAKES WHATSOEVER! I slept on it and woke up quite surprised at this. I am pleased, I am pleased indeed!

I:love4: it a lot :yep:.

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, what products other than wetline did you use? My hair texture and length is identical to yours when wet and I want to try wash and go's this summer but I can never get it to last more than a day..
@nirel333 I used a mixture of water and glycerin as my leave in followed by sweet almond oil to seal it in. I've also used suave coconut conditioner as a leave in with no problems. Hth

Last edited:
**ran into Dollar Tree for for foil and hair ties, there I found....drum roll pleeeease!!

This one has no pathenol nor aloe vera= soft hold without a leave-in nor moisturizer? It must, we shall see. I bought 2 but 1 is for my sister who I've brought over from the Eco krystal clear wagon:angeldevil:

Attachments

• 20160703_190212.jpg
    20160703_190212.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 218
  • 20160703_190203.jpg
    20160703_190203.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 208
**ran into Dollar Tree for for foil and hair ties, there I found....drum roll pleeeease!!

This one has no pathenol nor aloe vera= soft hold without a leave-in nor moisturizer? It must, we shall see. I bought 2 but 1 is for my sister who I've brought over from the Eco krystal clear wagon:angeldevil:
Good luck. Let us know if it works well for you.

:look: has anyone tried this with the Dickey method (re-wetting hair after applying gel)? This is the only way I'm able to do a successful wash and go.

And another thing. That's why I don't come on this side of the board any more... yall have me running to the store buying up the place. But I promise if I don't have to spend 30 dollars for KCCC any more and can use this gel I'll be happy as a clam!

Oh, and whoever posted the link to the 14 dollar tub on Amazon.... thanks because I just purchased the last one they had in stock :lol:

I hated this. I threw it away

:look: has anyone tried this with the Dickey method (re-wetting hair after applying gel)? This is the only way I'm able to do a successful wash and go.

And another thing. That's why I don't come on this side of the board any more... yall have me running to the store buying up the place. But I promise if I don't have to spend 30 dollars for KCCC any more and can use this gel I'll be happy as a clam!

Oh, and whoever posted the link to the 14 dollar tub on Amazon.... thanks because I just purchased the last one they had in stock :lol:
Not on the first set but I've rewetted on yesterday and today. I'll be on my 7th day wash-n-go tomorrow, but I'll I'll be doing my deep conditioning tomorrow.

Last edited:
Do you like the original?

Never tried the original but I can tell the texture is different. FYI this gel actually has no connection to wetline, so the gel that's the topic of this thread is not the original to the dollar tree one. It's a gel dollar tree came out with. Not the same brand or anything. This is discussed on the first page of the thread.

They don't sell this product in dollar tree

This one is the dud, honey. It's not the real wetline. I was tricked and it worked horribly for me.

Never tried the original but I can tell the texture is different. FYI this gel actually has no connection to wetline, so the gel that's the topic of this thread is not the original to the dollar tree one. It's a gel dollar tree came out with. Not the same brand or anything. This is discussed on the first page of the thread.

They don't sell this product in dollar tree
Hmm...it say a by wetline on the packaging, smells the same and is made in Mexico just like the Xtreme I've been using. Welp, if it sucks I only spent $1.

@Aggie how did you get that look? It's beautiful.
@Bunnyhaslonghair

I used it over Camille Rose Natural Curl Maker on wet hair (section by section) and a tiny bit of oil over the top for softness, all the while keeping it all pulled back with my fingers into a bun. Once it was in the bun, I smooth a little more gel on top, then a little oil for shine. Eco never accomplish this look for me:nono2:.

I can see that using this method would be perfect for a twist out. Shine city

This product didn't work for my wash and go.

I had used the last of my staple leave-in on Saturday morning so I stopped in a beauty supply store to buy the Wetline to try out. I used it like I use my other products: I spread a dollop of the stuff between my palms, scrunched it into and smoothed it over detangled and dripping wet hair, shook my head to separate the clumps, and let it air dry. Although my hair was shiny and defined when it dried, it was also dry, crunchy, stiff, and full of tangles. I tried scrunching it to remove the cast, running my hands back and forth over my hair and sleeping on it to make it softer but nothing doing.

In the store I had been tempted to buy the biggest size for $6 but, wisely, bought the smallest size for $1.49 instead. I had also purchased another one of of my go-to products in case it didn't work out. My hands are always in my hair so definition with touchability are very important to me and this was just no fun to touch. I'm happy with my staple products, especially with how they work on their own, don't require layering other products, and minimize tangling in between detangling sessions. I just wanted something that would be easier on the pocket.

I'll try it one more time next weekend and use less of it, but it's not looking like a winner.

Back