What is the most crazy thing u have done to your hair..regrets???

goldensugar23

Ok ladies i put this out here because i'm becoming a little bored with my look and want a change(hair wise)I'm thinking of putting a few blue streaks in it.I saw this done on megan good's hair in the movie"you got served".It was hot and i have been drooling ever since.

What is the craziest thing you have done to your hair...while you were bored..or maybe mimicking a style.Did u live to regret?Did it rock?whats up!! :)

currently "no heat challenge"-week 3
26 well trimmed inches
waist length........?

Last edited:
Years ago I wanted highlights and the girl bascially dyed my whole head a bright auburn color. My hair broke off so bad from that. No more perm color for me.....

letting my stylist hi-lift tint my hair to a REALLY BRIGHT RED then letting her go over it to make it dark auburn.. EEP

Glueing in weaves for like 3 years straight... I was practically bald before I realized what the glue was doing to my hair.

Where do I begin?

In college I loved having lighter hair so I used to color it every two weeks -- with a semi-permanent!

I wore glued in tracks for two years and had the nerve to think my hair was growing fast underneath all that muck

I accidentally highlighted my hair blonde

shall I go on... :lol:

Glueing hair in for almost a year and then taking it out one day and realizing I had to huge bald spots on both sides of my head! Will never touch glue again!

When I was in junior high, my friend came to school with blonde hair. I asked her how she got her hair that color and she said she bleached it. I immediately went home. . . ran to the laundry, and poured bleach on my hair. NOT THE BRIGHTEST 13 year old.

I would have to agree with yall on the glue it was much easier than the sew in but it did have a negative effect on my hair I can say i have been glue free for 16months and my hair is growing and growing even on chaotic brittney spears said she let someone glew in weave and now she has no hair glue is really bad

I use to relax every 4 weeks. I would relax, blow dry, use an electric straighting comb, flat iron and curling iron in one sitting. I did all of the above daily except relaxing and blow drying. I still managed to have hair. I also relaxed and colored in the same sitting.

Take some relaxed hair....
1. Bleach it to strawberry blonde with Garnier Natea Pre Lightener
2. Apply some permanent color: L'OREAL Feria Color Booster - Pure Purple Power
3. Hate your new bright red bangs that were supposed to be purple :confused:
4. Apply permanent dye to the rest of your relaxed hair: Schwarzkopf Live Mystic Violet
5. Throw in some temporary purple to cover up the red bangs: Jerome Russell Color Shots
6. Give up and just get purple braids... :lol:
http://public.fotki.com/asphyxxia2005/2004/april/april6_closeup.html

I got my hair cut in an "asymetrical" style..remember "salt n pepper" from back in the day?? I had one half of my hair short, like eye level and the other side long..maybe nape of neck. I basically took a full head of hair and chopped one half of it off...I dont know what got into me.!!

I also decided to get highlights..my hair had a race to hit the floor..hair broke & fell out everywhere. I will never bleach my hair again.

Gotta be dumb gotta be tough!

Wearing glued in tracks for 3 years, and ending up with only a itty little bit of hair.

I don't know if yall remember "freeze curls" or having your hair "stacked" but I would try to mimick this look at home, and spray spritz on my hair and then curl it immediately after, and you could just hear the sizzling and crackling.

Using an African Pride highlighting kit last Nov/Dec., and coming out with white, and I do mean white streaks.

Chivara said:
I don't know if yall remember "freeze curls" ... spray spritz on my hair and then curl it immediately after, and you could just hear the sizzling and crackling.

:yep: Guilty! I also used that orange wax to make make the curls last longer. :nuts:

:o Oh, I glued tracks too.

And when I was a teen, I used peroxide on my hair and ran out in the sun ('cause momma wouldn't let me color my hair). "No Ma, I didn't color my hair. The sun did it." :look:

Just five years ago, I dyed my hair a lighter brown, didn't like the way it looked, and dyed it jet black weeks later cause I was angry. Later on I really looked dumb with natural dark brown new growth and jet black hair, so I had to put black rinses often. Well, I didn't have to do that for a long period of time. The two dye jobs along with improper relaxed hair care broke off the black ends. :smirk:

Can anyone guess why I like LHCF? :fan:

Nothing thank goodness..at least for the past 4 years. I try to do as little as possible when it comes to my hair. I remember back in the day my mom was pressing my hair out like 3 times a week to keep it straight..and she was applying perms to my hair on top of pressing it like every 4 weeks. Wow, I'm shocked I was'nt bald back then. But other than that no regrets as of today...I love my hair in all its glory.

I cut all my hair off about 5 years ago ( mid back relaxed hair). Put a texturizer and bleached it blonde. Mind you this was an effort to get away from chemical from relaxers. Go figure. I wore my hair like that for 18 months and decided I wanted to go completely natural. Let my hair grow for about 6 months and put another texturizer. Why oh why? I let the texturizer grow out and have never put another texturizer or relaxer in my hair.

Freshman Year of College...

*Dyed all of my naturally jet black hair light brown using a booster to lift.

Then.... 1 week later....

*Wanted blonde hair so I used African Pride Highlighting kit and used the booster (my natural color is jet black) on only the FRONT of my hair. Got it blonde enough and then braided up the rest of my hair and sewed in blonde tracks. Thought I was the next Beyonce! :lachen:

Took me 2 good years to grow all that color out.

Two Years Ago...

*Had almost bra-strap length hair and started putting sewn-in weaves (constantly) to "grow my hair longer" and look cute. Fast-forward to today and my hair is necklength and I'm transitioning. At least it's healthy now! ;)

I Too Am Guilty Of The Asymetric Salt & Pepa Cut And The Right Side Of My Hair Has Never Been The Same Ever Since. As Well As Wanting A Burgandy Color Letting The Stylist Dye It Permanent And It Not Comming Out Right!!!

A little over a month ago I went to the shop to get micros and I allowed them to use glue to seal the ends. What I didn't know was that they didn't braid past my hair before using the glue. So I had to cut my hair to get the braids out. Some of them the glue was in the middle of the strands. I was very pissed. I learned from that mistake.

My mom relaxed my hair for a wedding. I had scratched my scalp earlier so the relaxer burned as soon as she put it in. I went and got some ice cubes and put them on my burning scalp.... :confused: Needless to say, my hair was a HOT MESS. But I didnt stop there.

I couldn't go to the wedding looking crazy, so I begged my mom to take me to the hairdresser thae next day. I got my hair RE-RELAXED by the hairdresser, who couldn't tell I had a relaxer done the night before b/c my roots were still kickin.

I must have super hair b/c my hair didn't fall out. It actually didnt look half bad. But at my next retouch (which at the time was 4 weeks later), my hair started to thin really bad, so I chopped it all off.

:lol: ..ladies some of these stories are mad funny.I'm the victim of the salt and pepper haircut,thought i was the **** to!! :lachen:

I have done the glue in and sewn in weave.thinned my hair out but i got it back.However then i decided to throw in some chunky streaks.My hair was dry as hell.Then i applied major protien(placenta)on top of the streaks.I must have lost my mind!!

I finally joined a hair care board,moisturized,cut 2 inches of dead bleached hair off,and started my journey to healthy hair.

26 inches very even
3c/4a
no heat challenge week 3
currently doing braid-outs

Back