What In Da Hayle?! - Typef Youtube Channel....AA Hair 'Care" vid

don't know why folks had to complain and get the videos removed. this is why black people can't have anything nice. :(

I just tweeted this to Tyra:

"Tyrabanks when are we going to get get a statement about Type Mess...I mean TypeF?"

Waiting for response...

wtf the title is not rihgt.... wth??? It's not called popping a hair bump, its called a damn pompadour, except that hers is mostly just pushed up in the back. ugh i cant stand her and that wig.

tamz412 You are right. The title sounds like she's talking about squeezing an ingrown hair follicle bump. Gross.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously, I agree. Who would've seriously taken their "advice" with hair/weave/dead animal looking like that?!

As I say again: damn complainin' folx ruining my fun!

don't know why folks had to complain and get the videos removed. this is why black people can't have anything nice. :(

What a TypeF stylist had to say about her experience:

scaled.php

personally i dont feel bad for her. who just does BS vids? just in the name of promo? not all pr is good pr hunny...

scaled.php

personally i dont feel bad for her. who just does BS vids? just in the name of promo? not all pr is good pr hunny...

I had a feeling it was something like that. Because in every video the person looks like there rushing to finish.

This ia a good example of reputation over money. She sacrificed her livelihood n reputation for a lil extra cash, that was wrong, you have to kno wen to say no. I would have never done those videos with such ludicrous info, that kinda info could seriously mess up an innocent natural trying to learn something.

So I waited too long and the vids are no longer on You Tube but the foolishness continues at tyra.com

I CRIED. Not tears of joy but tears of weariness. WHY would a woman whose influence and power has the potential to reach and teach so many put out this bull ****? I am so tired of Tyra not getting "it" right. She claims to be a black woman but her actions always leave me like "REALLY??"

Well that confirms that these videos werent a joke.

Im more amazed at how strong the online black hair care community is. We are serious! We can shut anything down cant we. Tyler Perry....u are next

scaled.php

I guess they instructed her to run this hotcomb through her hair 50/11 times too.

http://www.typef.com/video/press-hair-using-electric-comb/

I understand wanting to promote your business especially with a big name like Tyra Banks. However when they saw the lack in quality of the information did they think their audience wouldn't notice or care?

I wanna know who the person is who fed them those lines and organized the criteria for those videos. Thats really a shame. Im wondering what their initial reactions were when they read the lins before they filmed.

I guess they instructed her to run this hotcomb through her hair 50/11 times too.

http://www.typef.com/video/press-hair-using-electric-comb/

I understand wanting to promote your business especially with a big name like Tyra Banks. However when they saw the lack in quality of the information did they think their audience wouldn't notice or care?

Another chick with white flakes all up in her dirty hair.
She can't say nothin' Her excuses do not float.
When you are presenting yourself to the public, present yourself well.
They couldn't find someone with banging natural hair?
She would not be touching my hair. (pursed lips with teeth sucking/kissing)

lol look at how the stylist is defending herself. not a solid defense imo

HRa5N.png
Personally, I'm a fan of the hot comb but not a fan of this video. Even if they did give her the script, you can still tell she didn't know what the hell she was doing. Who presses like that? And her hair is dirty :perplexed

Personally, I'm a fan of the hot comb but not a fan of this video. Even if they did give her the script, you can still tell she didn't know what the hell she was doing. Who presses like that? And her hair is dirty :perplexed

I'm scared of hot combs (burned the front of my hair using one back in the day). But I do know that they can be successfully used. I agree with you that it is obvious she doesn't know what she's doing.

Yeah, I know people who get great results using hot combs (correctly). And the white flakes.....I can't. If I were a stylist there is no way in hayle I would allow anyone to post a video of my working on dirty hair trying to give someone a tutorial. No ma'am!!

That begs an interesting question: what's the difference between a flat iron and a straighten comb? I do not really see one, both use the same method: heat. Which one is more volatile?

Anywhoo, I DID NOT appreciate the comb being so hot that it was smoking... no, no...

lol look at how the stylist is defending herself. not a solid defense imo

HRa5N.png

I do not agree with Nina Simone and the Uneven heat distribution. I would think the heat would distribute evenly, versus flattening the curl between two plates. Isn't that why the Maxiglide was popular. To me it was just a steamed hot comb between two plates...

hmm. Discuss anyone?

I do not agree with Nina Simone and the Uneven heat distribution. I would think the heat would distribute evenly, versus flattening the curl between two plates. Isn't that why the Maxiglide was popular. To me it was just a steamed hot comb between two plates...

hmm. Discuss anyone?

Which one is the stylist??

Yuck! :nono: Her dandruff looked like snow flakes! I think she was better off just demonstrating with a hair model or something. If she hasn't flatironed her own hair in 5 years how can she possibly know what she's doing?

Which one is the stylist??

DrC
Devon Williams was the stylist and Nina was trying to "educate" those to' up women on TypeF... but I always figured "uneven distribution" would be more from the flat iron, especially if ones hair is extremely curly, because you have to run a brush through it to elongate the curls then chase the section with a flat iron, verson elongate and "comb" the hair with a hot comb...

Which one would be more damaging, if not equally? Ms. Simone made it sound like a hot comb was a throwback...

Back