What In Da Hayle?! - Typef Youtube Channel....AA Hair 'Care" vid

At least she has edges.......

ETA: on the question of uneven heat distribution, i am by no means an expert but i was thinking that a flat iron would be more even since the plates should be the same temperature all the way across and maintain their temperature. the comb starts getting cooler the minute you pick it up so you might have some sections that get higher temperatures than others right? Just my thoughts, correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited:

ETA: on the question of uneven heat distribution, i am by no means an expert but i was thinking that a flat iron would be more even since the plates should be the same temperature all the way across and maintain their temperature. the comb starts getting cooler the minute you pick it up so you might have some sections that get higher temperatures than others right? Just my thoughts, correct me if i'm wrong.

Khaiya

How about an electric hot comb, similiar to the one used in the video? I say this because my hot comb performs better then my flat iron. I have to make about 2-3 passes with the flat iron versus 1-2 with the hot comb (it's electric and temp regulated...)

Oh yeah, i forgot they have electric ones now, lol. I've never used any hot comb so i dont know much about them. I guess if there's a way to keep a steady temperature on it from start to finish it would be the same or better than a flat iron? Seems logical.

ETA: And i still have the vids for those who are interested, i'm more than happy to share, we all need comic relief from time to time. :grin:

Last edited:

Khaiya

Not all flat irons have even heat distribution across the plates. That's why some people prefer 100% ceramic plates or other costlier materials. Also, some flat irons cool down as you go down the strand of hair. The old school hot combs (heavy ones) hold heat really well and are less likely to cool down quickly.

I have bad memories of hot combs, but my mom admittedly didn't know what she was doing. She's relaxed now, but still insists on using an electric hot comb on her "edges." :rolleyes:

Solitude, you're absolutely right but like you i have bad memories of the hot comb, my mother used to use it a lot and i can still remember the smell of burnt hair and all the smoke. I've stayed far away from it as a result.

I guess they instructed her to run this hotcomb through her hair 50/11 times too.

http://www.typef.com/video/press-hair-using-electric-comb/

I understand wanting to promote your business especially with a big name like Tyra Banks. However when they saw the lack in quality of the information did they think their audience wouldn't notice or care?

That was an extremely awkward silence as she pressed and just when you thought she was done she had a few more left in her :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I know people who get great results using hot combs (correctly). And the white flakes.....I can't. If I were a stylist there is no way in hayle I would allow anyone to post a video of my working on dirty hair trying to give someone a tutorial. No ma'am!!

eeew that was straight nasty...all those flakes...and she didn't even press it right....dummy

Tyra finally speaks. This message was posted on the TypeF from "Tyra" today on their YT channel.

Message From Tyra:

Just like many of you, when I saw the videos that contained some inaccurate material about how to treat natural hair, as an African-American woman, I was immediately concerned. The typeF team has removed the videos in question and is reviewing all related videos to ensure accuracy. Bankable and typeF are looking into how to avoid this situation from happening again. Thanks to everyone who spoke up. I encourage you to always share your views with me. In this case, your feedback allowed typeF to connect with new experts who are now part of the team and who are helping create more appropriate content.

-Tyra

Tyra finally speaks. This message was posted on the TypeF from "Tyra" today on their YT channel.

Message From Tyra:

Just like many of you, when I saw the videos that contained some inaccurate material about how to treat natural hair, as an African-American woman, I was immediately concerned. The typeF team has removed the videos in question and is reviewing all related videos to ensure accuracy. Bankable and typeF are looking into how to avoid this situation from happening again. Thanks to everyone who spoke up. I encourage you to always share your views with me. In this case, your feedback allowed typeF to connect with new experts who are now part of the team and who are helping create more appropriate content.

-Tyra

I actually am glad she (or her PR team) addressed the issue directly. Yes, they took down the tom-foolery but her responding to feedback is admirable instead of simply ignoring it and going on with her life. Either way, to be honest, she and the type-F team were making money from it. The videos got thousands and thousands of views, even if it was to do nothing but laugh and ridicule so she didn't have to respond or remove them at all. Good for her!

Message From Tyra:

-Tyra

Type F's credibility is shot with me. Couldn't anyone look at the heads of Shaboomboom and friends and tell they didn't know what they were doing? They could have given me a slot.

Last edited:
Anyone could have seen that Shaboomboom with the mangy horsetail blond wig talmbout how to care for curly hair was straight madness.....

BUT, and this is a big BUT with a heavy sigh, maybe just maybe JoAnne with her talk of moisturizers and coconut oil and such may have pulled the wool over someones eyes who wasnt up to scratch with knowlegde about how to REALY care for natural hair .... just .... maybe

edit Heck I just scrolled up and saw bajandoc86 Siggy and remembered JoAnne's snatched out edges and nape .... um NO... I take everything back

straight madness :lachen:

Last edited:
I'M CRYING thinking about that one curler and the water bottle :lachen::lachen:
oh god even when I showed SO those videos he was like :huh: and first thing he said NO DON'T DRINK THAT! POUR IT ON YOUR HEAD!!

LMAO!!! :lachen: she mugs at the begining of every vid but this one was a classic.

exhibit a:
typeF.png

You know what.. she needs to be cussed out for this :lol: At the end talmbout "Rock on" smh

This a no-hawk

24doc5f.jpg

Why you sad? Let her drink in peace.

2ebdc8n.jpg

Again.... GAWJUS!

2d81cuq.jpg

OK, I'M DONE
2609a3n.jpg

I had to, I'm sorry. I'll burn for it later but i had to!! If I didn't see this pics again I was gonna die :lachen::lachen:

:dead:

I thought y'all were just being mean until I sat and watched some of them. omg..... :nono: :lol: dang. Did she really two strand twist a blond wig/weave/whateverdaheck that was?? Woooooooow.

This was wrong on so many levels.

Last edited:
:lachen: I love that no-hawk. I didn't see that the first time around.

I didn't know I could get paid to have my head look like this. Shoot! I could have been a spokesperson and made some money. My head looks like this all the time when I get out of bed.

I'm so glad I finally get to see these,lol.

That ladies edges are reason alone why she shouldn't be telling someone else how to take care of their hair.

Back