What do you do to "apoligize" to your hair after using heat?

Precious_1

So i was tired of my usual rollerset,and had a wedding shower to go to, and I used my FHI flatiron. I was glad for the change:) BUT, after about two days I washed and conditioned twice, used some fermodyl leave-in and ntm leave-in. Did i do enough? what do you all do after using heat?

I thought I was the only one who felt guilty after heat usage...:lol:

Well, I usually do a pre poo with Evoo and a cheapie con...let that sit on my head for about 30 minutes then shampoo with CON.

klb120475 said:
I thought I was the only one who felt guilty after heat usage...:lol:

Well, I usually do a pre poo with Evoo and a cheapie con...let that sit on my head for about 30 minutes then shampoo with CON.

Girl no, me too:p I forgot to mention i did a pre poo also, i used EVOO and Vatika Oil.

:lol: @ this thread! I do have guilt after using heat too. I prepoo and deep condition like crazy trying prevent any damage that may happen.

I need to go apoligize right now. I flat ironed today for an interview but I just clarified last night so I really don't need to wash again. I guess I am about to go baggy and seal.

amr501 said:
:lol: @ this thread! I do have guilt after using heat too. I prepoo and deep condition like crazy trying prevent any damage that may happen.

:lol: i know, i felt so bad, i think i am going to try the overnight thing like some of the other ladies mentioned:)

I simply wash, condition and detangle gently and place in a protective style but. . .

Man, glad to know I am not alone about the guilt. Hair is such an emotional thing. . . I had vowed not to use heat for one year. But my honey springs a formal event on me at the last minute (tux and gowns). My first thought was "can **I** swing a wash and go style in a gown?" [read: no :ohwell: ].

I even asked my stylist can we figure out a way to do the hair without heat?!?!? [she looked at me sideways]. I said, ooooo-kayyyyyyyyy if you must! . . . but flat iron only. She said, what about those edges:eek: . Mind you she already thinks I've lost my marbles going 'no heat' for a year as it is. I let her lightly press the edges and she shook her head as I left the shop. . . when I got home I created a protective style.

I felt so bad for some reason. . . like I had let my new growth down. (hee-hee)

It felt so good to return home and wash and condition and delicately place my hair back in its protective style. . .;)

Im am guilty of the heat use. I used the curling iron. Who uses the curling iron now a days...neways my hair was not doing what i wanted. Its Derby weekend and I need to look fly so I pulled out the death tool....IM soooooo MAD :mad: at myself right now but it came out kind of cute...haha!!! Cant wait until Sunday so I can do a serious protein prepoo and deep condition afterwards....:eek: :eek:

I either give it a week off, with conditioner washes and braidouts, or I pretreat with evoo and keraphix, poo with nexxus therapee, deep condition with silk elements mayo

I added mid-week DC w/co-washes to apologize for rollersetting and flat-ironing the roots (only) for the weekends after my wash & DC.

I thought i was the only one with the heat guilt I recently flat ironed my hair for my 30th BD and I felt so guilty I bought an avacodo and and mushed it all in my hair left overnight, with a baggy pre pooed with some vatiki and now I am on the 5 days a week whole head baggy challenge until August . I am almost at the point of my longest hair ever and I did not want to take any chances. :)

Back