How do ya'll get the "Swang-Swang" without using direct heat!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I tend to rollerset and don't use direct heat, but my rollersets don't give me the "Swang-Swang" that I really love.

Do you lovely ladies have any tips on how I can get my hair to have more "swang" without using direct heat?

What products do you use when you rollerset that provide more body, volume and "swang"?

Thanks so much! :blowkiss:

I tend to rollerset and don't use direct heat, but my rollersets don't give me the "Swang-Swang" that I really love.

Do you lovely ladies have any tips on how I can get my hair to have more "swang" without using direct heat?

What products do you use when you rollerset that provide more body, volume and "swang"?

Thanks so much! :blowkiss:

Hey Girl! If I'm past 4 weeks post, the only way I can get that SWANG-SWANG after a rollerset is if I flatiron the roots only or use a round brush/blowdryer on the roots only.

As far as products, I personally have to prepoo, shampoo, DC (with heat), and use a creamy leave in and serum.

I use:

Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Treat mixed with EVOO - Prepoo
Keracare Hydrating Detangling - Shampoo
Humecto OR Aubrey Organics HCR - DC
Keracare or Silk Elements - Leave in
Silken Seal or Proclaim (red bottle) - serum

Hey Girl! If I'm past 4 weeks post, the only way I can get that SWANG-SWANG after a rollerset is if I flatiron the roots only or use a round brush/blowdryer on the roots only.

As far as products, I personally have to prepoo, shampoo, DC (with heat), and use a creamy leave in and serum.

I use:

Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Treat mixed with EVOO - Prepoo
Keracare Hydrating Detangling - Shampoo
Humecto OR Aubrey Organics HCR - DC
Keracare or Silk Elements - Leave in
Silken Seal or Proclaim (red bottle) - serum

This is so helpful. Thanks so much for this!! :kiss:

What is this saran-wrap method? I've been to many Dominican salons (I'm in Harlem, after all :)), but I've never seen them use saran wrap. Hmmmm....

The only way I get swang without direct heat is if I rollerset then saran wrap afterwards. I rollerset with IC leave in, chi silk infusion, and water. I have serious swang afterwards.

Saran wrap method, courtesy of Sistaslick:

After rollerset hair is completely dry, remove rollers, wrap hair. Then, take a few sheet of saran wrap and completely wrap hair, making sure you use enough wrap to cover the entire hair.

Sit under dryer for another 15 minutes or so. Remove the saran wrap. Un-do the wrapped hair itself, and you will have swang.

Some people use light oil, wrap the hair, then apply the saran wrap.

Your hair is beautiful!! Do you use Lotta Body? Or something else? Do you dilute it with water or use it straight?

Ahhh thanks so much for the compliment! I use all things KeraCare but love the Nexxus Phyto Organics Conditioner. I use the KeraCare setting lotion straight and spritz with distilled water as needed when rollersetting.

Last edited:
@ serenitypeace, thanks for that explanation. It sounds like what I thought you meant, but I just wanted to make sure. LHCF has a was of introducing you to new things that you would neeeever have thought of (ie, MN on hair, lol),

@ sherylstresses, I was looking at your fotki, and I think you might be my hair twin. I'm about where you were when you started (but recovering from a little breakage on the left side). My hair is also fine, 4a... I think you'll be my hair role model!

Back