What are your summer hair goals?

My goals are to figure out what is best for my hair (regimen and product wise), not use any heat, and embrace my natural hair.

I want to retain all of the length I get this summer. From June 1 - August 31. I'm hoping I get about 2 inches.

I'm keeping my hair bunned up also, which should greatly help. Frequent wash 'n go's don't help my hair too much.

To just keep my line of demarcation moisture and strong while transitioning. All I will be doing is braid-outs, twist-outs, buns, flexi-rod, and wash and goes. No direct heat this summer at all.

My goals:

Deep condition regularly
Co-Wash & Wet bun (I gain a lot of length w/wet buns)
Snip the relaxed ends as often as possible (I'm so tempted to just cut the rest)
Drink more water than usual since it's so hot out

I planned on doing a 24 month transition, but my line of demarcation is not happy with me at all. My natural texture vs relaxed is insanely different, so it's getting difficult to manage.

Enjoy my new short cut...learn to style and take care of it. Figure out when and if I want to ever grow my hair out again. Enjoy cowashing it and airdrying b/c its super short it will be super easy to manage!!

1. To decide in my mind whether I'm transitioning or on a long stretch. The indecisiveness is giving me PJ fever. BAD. :lol:

2. To find a new protective style using my own hair, that I can do easily and stick with it.

My goals are to not annoy my hair anymore with new products/techniques and try to keep it as simple as I can. Also to keep my hair cornrowed for a month straight. (Gonna be hard for me with my hands-in-hair disease.) :grin:

I estimated that with the current amount of breakage I see (up to 60 a week), only about 3,060 hairs will suffer breakage in a year's time. Out of aproximately 100,000 hairs that's only about 3% damage from my current regimen. If I can manage not to have a set back, retaining my growth should be a breeze. I'm having a nerd-fest over here. :lachen:

Some of my natural curls suffered damage from overconditioning so gotta keep an eye on that and scale back the DCs from once a week to once a month. Unbelievable considering, my hair seems so dry and thirsty and yet it only took two months to overcondition. :nono:

From June 1-August 31:

1. I plan to retain at least 3 inches
2. I will get my color July 1 and NOT let my colorist/stylist trim
3. Continue with my low manipulation regimen (if it ain't broke...)
4. If I can reach BSL by August...I might tip toe on over to the MBL Challenge and join (A girl can always dream :yep:)

My goals are to retain at least 1 inch of growth, perfect cowashing 3 times a week, learn how to do flat twists, and eliminate the use of regular heat. I also plan on making myself drink the recommended 8 glasses of water a day, exercise at least 3 times a week, and start drinking my powdered protein drink I purchased several months ago.

I'm determined to have healthy, shiny hair this summer and find the right products for my hair.

1. Retain Length
2. Deep Condition often
3. Minimal Heat - Air drying, roller sets, braid outs and twist outs.
4. Either long stretch and/or transition...well see in August hopefully I can make it that long.

1. Gain/retain 1 inch by keeping my hair braided and moisturized under a half wig
2. Leave braids in for a full month at a time
3. Try to live with the grey (or dye only at hairline)
4. Drink more water and remember to massage scalp

I just want APL hair and I am VERY happy with that. If it takes until the end of the year, then so be it. I do plan to have some extension braids put in my hair for the summer.

1. Be no more than an inch away from APL in the back by sept.
2. Keep it twisted most of the time-- since i started *back* doing this, I love it. Twist outs don't even have too much appeal for me anymore, so I'll just retwist every two weeks or so without untwisting.
3. Rinse twists/cowash every couple of days (I'd like to get on that Skala tip and give my beloved Jessicurl WDT a rest)
4. Making sealing a regular thing--too often I forget
5. Let my hair just do its thing and not worry about it too much as I focus on my overall health-- not worrying about wrestling with detangling and stuff (..I am super hair lazy) will make exercising that much more appealing.

Back