What are your summer hair goals?

• Try a straw set (and not end up looking like Sexual Chocolate)

Ha!!! I hit the floor when I read that!

Here are my goals:

- Do an ayurveda regimen the entire summer
- Avoid weave (I get a 2 week pass for Texas Greek Picnic)
- Do a successful braid-out
- Do a flexi-rod set, I've been soo nervous about it
- Be dilligent with my vitamins
- Im going back on BC pills so I really hope my hair continues to grow
- Get back to my diet and exercise regimen that contributed to my growth last year

- Full Shoulder Length
- Keep split ends at bay
- moisturize and oil scalp more often
- wash hair once a week

Try not to cut it all off.

We are already near 100 degrees and it isn't even June yet. My normal protective style will still be too hot. A bun will be too heavy. So by mid June, I'lll be staring at those clippers.

Lets see....:scratchchin:......

My Summer goals are to:

-Hopefully gain another inch and a half after my stretch...which would make me 2 inches past WL.
-Replace my harsh products with gentler products(i.e.,sulfates, no petrolatum or mineral oil type products.)...and use Dominican condiitoners and sulfate-free shampoos:yep:
-buy more fexi-rods so i can rock a full flexi-rod set...i'm loving the orange ones:love:
-Be able to do at least 5 cute updos by the end of the summer.

Smiling- I don't use products with mineral oil or petrolatum in them either, and for that reason I've avoided Dominican conditioners. Do you know of some that don't have those ingredients??

Right now i'm just using the Crece Pelo leave in conditioner.....but i'm REALLY avoiding "moisturizers" that have these ingredients in them...not really Deep Conditioners bc they are rinsed out...just things that are left in...so thats why im liking the Crece Pelo bc it doesnt.

I really wanna try that Bee Mine Luscious Balancing Moisturizer tho...im on the hunt for a good moisturizer for the Summer...and then when it gets cold i'll be back to using the Seyani Hair Butter.

Last edited:
Hope to retain as much new growth as possible.. Right now I am wearing braids and plan on keeping them throughout the summer.

going to try some professional flat twist once
take my vitamins everyday (I bought them and I want to atleast finish what I have)
full BSB (or longer by end of august)
limiting heat usage to blow drying
wash less
as always water and workout

My one and only goal is to gain and retain length. I just put some twist extensions in my hair. Hopefully by August I will be full sl.

To gain about 1.5-2 inches in growth
PS the whole summer with 1-2 week breaks just to do a protein dc
I am in braids right now and I am missing my hair already and this one doesnt come out until 4 July weekend
I will use heat once and that will be to self trim
I want to be full APL by end of summer
I want to be full BSB by end of Dec (oh wait thread is only until end of summer):spinning:

This summer I plan to ps the whole summer and winter months. I want to be full apl by Dec. I will be wearing my phony ponytail.

KEEPING THINGS VERY SIMPLE

No heat
No trimming
Regular conditioner washes
Easy wash and go styles
Avoiding products with mineral oil and petrolatum
Stockpiling banana clips

Last edited:
I want to stop using heat for the rest of the summer,
Keep my hair moisturized, protected, and healthy,
and make BSL by around September/October (I have a few inches to go).

By the End of August 2010 I hope to:

1. Get past BSL.....I am grazing BSB right now...2 year BC anniversary tomorrow:drunk:

2. Retain an at least 1/2 inch/month...I am in braids (Since 4/30/2010) now so my hair is chilling. I average that anyway as a fast grower...but I want it to be consistent b/c its not always 1/2"....sometimes its 1/4" depending on my haircare or if I'm being lazy.....:ohwell:

3. Wash my hair/braids 2 times a month....Shampoo and Condish with Joico K Pax Reconstructor.....DC sometimes with VO5 Strawberries & Creme..... I've done a black tea rinse twice already...I am experimenting with this for when I take my braids out.

4. Fill in my thin temples....Last year I had some breakage that has been filling in slowly...I bought some ORS Fertilizing Serum to increase pace of growth yesterday...2x/day

Unfortunately I won't be doing a 2 year reveal pic since the stuff is in braids (like last year) but I will post pics as soon as my hair gets out of braids...!

My growth buddy & I are doing a little competitive HYH challenge amongst ourselves from June 24 until Sept 24. A part of that challenge is topical growth aid usage daily. I will be alternating with BT & MN.

My goal is to gain at least 2 inches during those 3 months & claim MBL on Sept 24 (my b-day).

My Birthday is Sept 23!

I want to be MBL by the end of the summer. I will be braiding it up and leaving it alone! Under my lacefronts and wigs!

I'm just gonna follow my regular regimen, whilst hoping and praying that I'll get this special summer growth spurt that I hear so much about here :grin:. Also, I've still got to try to get my hands on some jheri juice, since I hear it's a humectant it should be very good in the humid summer days :yep: Fingers crossed I'll be hopefully APL at the end of summer :D

-Retain length

-Gain 1.5" - 2"

-Get a corrective relaxer

-Thicken ends, edges and nape

-Maintain moisture/protein balance

-Protective style & low manipulation

Last edited:
get my hair twisted... do twist outs/braid outs
keep my hair well conditioned!

leave my hair ALONE
i'll be over 12months post.. so i gotta KISS

Back