What are you doing to increase your growth rate this Autumn

Nanyanika

Just curious...because my growth rate slows to snails pace during autumn/winter months, i'm currently starting up my plastic cap method over night as i helps increase blood circulation=faster growth. Anyway I need some more ideas, share some secrets with me ladies please!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm taking Viviscal and biotin. I ordered Surge UltraMax, and I'll start using it tomorrow (1 week post touchup) assuming I connect with UPS.

Okay Megonw keep me updated with your progress...Where did you purchase the Surge Ultra max from? and what is it suppose to do for hair? Thanks in advance.

I am going to try to keep a little more moisture in my hair for the fall. It is getting harder to care for and maintain.

that's so funny,,,den1......my hair actually grows faster in the autumn to winter months.i would say maybe exercising and scalp massages....

Im considering trying capilong. Other than that I need to get more faithful with taking my vitamins. That and scalp massages at least a few times a week.

I havent been doing anything lately except a lot of moisture and protective styles. I got more growth than usual from wearing my instantweave for a couple of weeks. Im getting a touchup in a week or so so we will see how much progress Ive made!

I hope for 2-3 inches by December/January !

I'm going to stay on Viviscal to ensure that my hair growth rate doesn't slow. And for added benefit, I'm going to go back on the Phyto hair & nail supplement too, which keeps my hair in optimum condition. I'm also taking 400 IU's of Pure Vit. E to combat the harsh effects of the Michigan winters. The majority of my hair will remain up 99.9% of the time. I'll also continue running which should stop my hair from taking a total /images/graemlins/sleep8.gif.

I'm going to stick to the bun challenge this winter and protect my ends. I have been using the baggie method at night and wearing a bun or french roll during the day. I'm also going to up keep taking my vits and protein shakes.

Well Im excersizing like crazy because of dance practice so that may help. And I need to take my multi and my fish oil pills. Not necessarily for hair but it may help.

I am going to kick up my vitamin regime by increasing my biotin intake and staying consistent with cystiene and msm. I am going to try to use some sort of oil with essential oils in it like Sherrylove does on my scalp and I am going to increase my cardio exercise from 3 to 4 or 5 days a week to keep the blood flowing.

[ QUOTE ]
that's so funny,,,den1......my hair actually grows faster in the autumn to winter months.i would say maybe exercising and scalp massages....

[/ QUOTE ]

You lucky thing..mY hair the opposite it grows faster in warmer in weather. I'm defintely gonna start excerising i know it works i did this a lot when i was natural, it helped to increase growth. Mmm maybe i should start an excerising challenge/images/graemlins/think.gif, we'll reap excellent benefits in terms of hair and overall health /images/graemlins/clap.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
Im considering trying capilong. Other than that I need to get more faithful with taking my vitamins. That and scalp massages at least a few times a week.

I havent been doing anything lately except a lot of moisture and protective styles. I got more growth than usual from wearing my instantweave for a couple of weeks. Im getting a touchup in a week or so so we will see how much progress Ive made!

I hope for 2-3 inches by December/January !

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i've been seriously slacking on my vitamins, what's this capilong about then? Keep updated on your progress, i'm also hoping for 2-3 inches by Dec.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm exercising three times a week and Surging twice a day

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great what are results of the excerise and surging twice a day?, is it increasing your growth rate? i'm still surging but, it caused scabs and soreness on my scalp around edges, so i've decided to use it once a day instead.

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to kick up my vitamin regime by increasing my biotin intake and staying consistent with cystiene and msm. I am going to try to use some sort of oil with essential oils in it like Sherrylove does on my scalp and I am going to increase my cardio exercise from 3 to 4 or 5 days a week to keep the blood flowing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remeber i tried biotin a while ago and it did nothing in terms of growth,L'cystene and MSM did great for my hair.I have also devised my own oil concotion: Dabur Amla oil, Castor oil, coconut oil and olive oil, i was thinking of adding some Wildgrowth and Vit E too, i use these for hot oil treatments and on my scalp area twice a week,

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to stay on Viviscal to ensure that my hair growth rate doesn't slow. And for added benefit, I'm going to go back on the Phyto hair & nail supplement too, which keeps my hair in optimum condition. I'm also taking 400 IU's of Pure Vit. E to combat the harsh effects of the Michigan winters. The majority of my hair will remain up 99.9% of the time. I'll also continue running which should stop my hair from taking a total /images/graemlins/sleep8.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Getting back on my exercise regimen. My body needs it even more than my hair. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Sticking to my full vitamin regimen. I've been good at taking my biotin but I need to keep in my MSM, Ultra Nourish Hair, and aminos. I'm considering getting braids but since my one braiding experience was a disaster, I'm not sure if I'm willing to try again.

I'm adding rosemary & cedarwood eo to my leave ins and deep conditioners. I'm also making sure to do overnight conditioning treatments and scalp massages w/ an EO and jojoba oil mixture. The faster my hair can grow, the sooner my transition will be over. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm doing scalp scrubs once/month. I'm thinking of adding peppermint and rosemary to my shampoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scalp scrubs, is that a form massaging...Thanks for mentioing the peppermint and rosemary oil i still have them in stock, these two are supposed to help with blood circulation, i'll add them to my oil cocoction i'll report back if i see extra growth.

[ QUOTE ]
Getting back on my exercise regimen. My body needs it even more than my hair. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Sticking to my full vitamin regimen. I've been good at taking my biotin but I need to keep in my MSM, Ultra Nourish Hair, and aminos. I'm considering getting braids but since my one braiding experience was a disaster, I'm not sure if I'm willing to try again.

I'm adding rosemary & cedarwood eo to my leave ins and deep conditioners. I'm also making sure to do overnight conditioning treatments and scalp massages w/ an EO and jojoba oil mixture. The faster my hair can grow, the sooner my transition will be over. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My body needs it more than my hair too, i should be taking excerise more seriously i have a wedding to go to in December and its in jamaica.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm exercising three times a week and Surging twice a day

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great what are results of the excerise and surging twice a day?, is it increasing your growth rate? i'm still surging but, it caused scabs and soreness on my scalp around edges, so i've decided to use it once a day instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last winter i consistently got over an inch a month through Surge and exercise.I just relaxed 10 days ago and I already have new growth coming in.
Surge has never irritated me so I can use it twice a day *crossing fingers*
I know some people get the same great results using it once a day.

Can someone tell me how much Peppermint and Rosemary oil should be added to carrier oils, how much is enough?.

Great topic den! I'm going to start doing my scalp massages again.I stopped a few months ago because my new growth was becoming tangled. I noticed that when I stopped...my growth slowed a little. I have also been eating more fish...eggs..veggies and working out. I had cut back on the fish when this report came out about high mercury levels in my area. It was suggested that everyone here should just have it once a week. I was eating Cod 3-5 times a week. /images/graemlins/look.gif

I'm also adding Humecto back into my regimen since it has Rosemary in it. /images/graemlins/up.gif

Edited to add: I'm also going to start using the plastic cap method. I was going to do it this summer...but never got around to it.

[ QUOTE ]
Im considering trying capilong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out this response to an e-mail I sent to a Capilong user ... I sent her a few more emails and I am waiting for her to respond.

"Hey, thanks for writing! No, I don't use capilong on the regular anymore because I have exceeded my expectations with this product. My hair is a little pass the middle of my back. I still grows fast as heck but I keep it cut to that length. I was having problems with leaning on it when I would sit down and it was getting on my nerves. One thing I have noticed, is that my hair texture has changed a lot. I've always had a good grade of hair (for an african american) but now, people always asked me am I mixed with something because my hair is so silky. I still get about 4 to 5 inches a month, it's weird, because I now only use capilong maybe 2 or 3 times a week, once a day before I go to bed. hope I've answered your questions, write back again. I love telling my success story!

Audra wrote:
Do you still use it? How much growth did you get in a months time?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out this response to an e-mail I sent to a Capilong user ...

"Hey, thanks for writing! No, I don't use capilong on the regular anymore because I have exceeded my expectations with this product. My hair is a little pass the middle of my back. I still grows fast as heck but I keep it cut to that length. I was having problems with leaning on it when I would sit down and it was getting on my nerves. One thing I have noticed, is that my hair texture has changed a lot. I've always had a good grade of hair (for an african american) but now, people always asked me am I mixed with something because my hair is so silky. I still get about 4 to 5 inches a month, it's weird, because I now only use capilong maybe 2 or 3 times a week, once a day before I go to bed. hope I've answered your questions, write back again. I love telling my success story!

Audra wrote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for posting this...4-5 inches per month using capilong, i'm gobsmacked i'm gonna research a little more about this first.

[ QUOTE ]
Great topic den! I'm going to start doing my scalp massages again.I stopped a few months ago because my new growth was becoming tangled. I noticed that when I stopped...my growth slowed a little. I have also been eating more fish...eggs..veggies and working out. I had cut back on the fish when this report came out about high mercury levels in my area. It was suggested that everyone here should just have it once a week. I was eating Cod 3-5 times a week. /images/graemlins/look.gif

I'm also adding Humecto back into my regimen since it has Rosemary in it. /images/graemlins/up.gif

Edited to add: I'm also going to start using the plastic cap method. I was going to do it this summer...but never got around to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eating enough protein is excellent for increasing growth, i did this before. i'm so ashamed of myself i lost my willpower, it needs revving up /images/graemlins/rofl.gif LOL. Good luck with the plastic cap method, i'm wearing mine under a scarf as i write.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out this response to an e-mail I sent to a Capilong user ... I sent her a few more emails and I am waiting for her to respond.

Audra wrote:

[/ QUOTE ]
So this person get 48 inches a year /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Scalp scrubs, is that a form massaging...

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it is exfoliating the scalp. There was a thread on this a little over a month ago. It was called "I got scoped" and a couple of people mentioned that exfoliating the build up on the scalp increased their growth rate. I have done three since then. ORS sells a scalp scrub which is what I used the last time I did it.

Back