what amount of biotin.....

loveafterwar

caused you to have breakouts? I've been taking the Beauty Vites from Liquid Gold for about 2 months now and in the past 2 days I've noticed 2 cystic acne pimples and about 10-15 other ones on my face:nono: Last week I was off and only took them for maybe 2 or 3 days. I was taking 2 capsules a day for a combined 6400 mcg. Maybe I'm just being paranoid since my cycle should be rolling around some time this week, but I usually only get a pimple or 2 :look: I'm thinking about stopping the pills and just taking my multivitamin until it clears up. I think I read somewhere that Super B Complex stops biotin breakouts. Has anyone had experience with that?

Geez anything more than 1000mcg makes me breakout, even 1000mcg is a bit of a trigger. :nono: I only take 1000mcg and I'm able to manage any extra breakouts I get.

I take 10,000 mcg but since I started adding Vitamin C and drinking it with orange juice, my breakouts have stopped. I also had to up my water intake as well.

Up until I got pregnant, i was taking biotion 10 mcgs for like 6 or 7 years. They have never broken me out. Shoot they helped save me. But I was always taking vit C and msm with it. So maybe thats why.

I accidentally upped my dose of biotin by mixing supplements and started shedding! I reduced my daily amount and now my shedding is very acceptable (well that and I started doing tea rinses)

Ive taken up to 5000mcg/5mg without any issue (1 per day)
I also drink a ton of water daily so maybe that helped

1000 mcg made me break out like crazy with cystic acne. I drink ~1 gal of water a day, take 3000 mg of vitamin C, etc. I think I'm just sensitive to biotin.

Rumor has it that if you balance it with other B vitamins, particularly B5, you won't break out.

I think the amount that causes people to break out will vary for everyone. Biotin is in so many foods that chances are you already have a lot in your system so unless you eat a lot of raw egg whites, are malnourished or don't eat enough protein, genetically deficient...etc you probably already get plenty from your diet so don't need to go crazy with supplementation. So I'd take breaking out as a sign that FOR YOU what you're taking is more than YOU need. Never mind what others are doing.

Back