What advice on LHCF has really improved your hair

Re: relaxin 2-3mths

1-Believe it or not, that I could WASH AND GO my hair--I truly had no idea and avoided wearing my hair curly because I didn't want to spend an hour twisting it. THANKS LCHF natural ladies!
2-Jessicurl.com
3-Mositurizing ends (though I need to do this more often)
4-Snip away those split ends
5-Satin scrunchies exist!

Re: What advice on LHCF has really improved your h

There are just so many!!! /images/graemlins/lick.gif

Washing hair more than 1x/week
Vitamins
CO washes
Moisturizing EVERYday
Effective products recommended

Re: relaxin 2-3mths

I no particular order:

1. avoiding heat
2. healthy diet/suplements (haven't taken any for months, I should sort meself out!)
3. shampooing at least once a week (used to do once every 2 weeks - yuk!
4. Oilive oil as a hot oil treatment. Great! Cheap and effective.
5. Creme of Nature shampoo! Seen it around but never tried it. I LOVE this shampoo.
6. Using shampoos without sodium laureth sulfate/ammonium laureth sulfate.

[ QUOTE ]
atlantatiffany said:

support from all these great women

just leave your hair alone and it will grow(i think this is the most important)

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, I agree!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hair911 said:
Ladies I will like to know what hair advice in this forum has really improved your hair and made it grow?
I've retained my growth by keep low maintainace dos
staying away from heat
keeping my hair moisturized
protecting my ends

Surge
WGO
Baggies
Twist-outs, BK sets(easy low maintenance styles)
Bad Flat Irons
Hair treatments
Great Regimes + Friends to help you thru them
S-curl
FOTE Gel
Honey
CO Washes
Bad Ingredients
Hair Vits(what will help make your hair grow)
Essential Oils
Washing 2X/week

SO MUCH MORE!!!

Glycerin based moisterizers
Protein conditioners
Excellent product recs

What I learned:

* Missing LHCF posts gives me a headache - the past two days were BAAAAD.
* Balance moisture and protein. Before, I used to use a protein reconstructor everytime I washed, and couldn't understand why my hair was brittle and dry!
*No SLS/ALS - my hair has been transformed!
* Proper nutritional requirements for my hair - water, vitamins, food, exercise all contribute to hair health!
* Proper methods of combing and drying the hair - and slowly but surely, how to do a blowout at home! (Thanks Webby!)

Cleo said:
[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
Waiting 2-3 month to relax
Keeping hair moisturized especially ends
Protein treatments
Vitamin regimen

[/ QUOTE ]

Labett we are in total agreement. Those are the things that really improved my hair overall as well as less heat.
Ditto, Especially protein treatments :grin:

Wow, I have seen SOO much improvement in my hair since reading this forum! I now try to wash my hair every week, and I even take vitamin supplements whereas before I did neither of the aforementioned things.

But what has helped me even GREATLY has been the advice to STRETCH my relaxers and use a milder relaxer in my naturally fine textured hair. Before, I would get a relaxer every 6-8 weeks. If I went 8 or 9 weeks post a relaxer I felt like I was doing "good". But now, I've stretched to 13 weeks, and I think that for me personally and my rate of growth and texture hair, it has helped my hair TREMENDOUSLY!!

I cannot wait until my thicker hair grows in long enough so that I can cut this thin mess that I call "ends" from my hair! LOL* :D

everything. getting moisturising hair products, vitamin supplements, no heat, little manipulation.........

Since discovering the LHCF I realised that only by the grace of Grace I should have been bald! My hair was in terrible shape, l learnt about:

Product recommendation through members' experiences
Always using a leave-in
Changing product lines routinely in my regime
Checking product ingredients
Conditioner washes and less shampooing
Consistency by sticking to a regime & alternating between Cholestral and Protein
Drinking lots of water as well as using boiled water for rinsing hair
Dusting
My most treasured introduction Shea Butter, as well as Castor Oil & natural oils for moisture
MOP
Protective styles and less manipulation
Regimes
S-Curl
Shedding & breakage
Silk scarves
Using hot oil and deep conditioner treatments
Vitamins (*not sure about hair growth but the texture is soft and thicker & I am healthy with pain-free and regular periods)

And last but not least using tools for my hair type, ie. wide-tooth combs and paddle brushes for my fine 4a natural texture, I had to give up my Denman D3 which was ripping my hair from the roots.

My hair has become much thicker and healthier and I am very confident that one day with patience I can achieve brastrap length.

MeechUK

Conditioner wash which I tried for the first time 2 weeks ago. liked results.

Braidout- I tried this for first time last week. I washed hair then braided wet and air dried and took out. Got so many compliments.

-no heat
-protective styles
-3 months to relax hair
-no brushes.....(rarely)
-dietary supplements
-wash 2-3 times per week
-no grease, but use light oil every 3-4 days
-use lye relaxers not no-lye...(breaks and dries hair)

Lorraine said:
1. Protein
2. Baggy method

3. Vitamins
4. Avoiding heat
5. Little to no manipulation :up:

OMG how weird is that ? I used your direct words before I even read your reply :D

Back