Went on my first date with a YT boy

atlien11

This is for all you bored ladies at work who have nothing else to do like me... i promise to use paragraphs/color variations so its easy on the eyes.

I have to admitt, i was very nervous but this is how it went:

He picked me up from my loft in downtown atlanta @ 8:00. He mentioned earlier on the phone that we would be going to this place called MF Sushi ( i am from San Fran originally so i love sushi). I am glad he told mentioned the place so that i would know what to wear. Well he was ON TIME and he made reservations which was a refreshing change!! I didnt have to do any work because all the plans had been made :D !! When we got to the place we got a lot of stares but it wasnt excessive. He was very open and was like, "Please get whatever you want, anything". I just wanted a rainbow roll and the crunchee roll so when the waitress came he ordered for himself and for me. He also ordered a bottle of cold saki (I LOVE SAKI). Anyway we talked and chatted and laughed, and before i knew it, we were about to go. It was raining so he pulled the car up and everything :grin:

We ended up at this bar/lounge type place called BED (there is one in miami too but its not the same). Well ladies, here is where the stares began. We get his nice car parked in valet (really nice car). Well as we were walking over a group of black men in there car where just staring with there mouths open like "HOW THE HELL...". I just ignored them and kept walking. When we got into the place we sat down in the lounge part and a waitress came to take our drinks. While he was ordering, i glanced around and noticed it was mostly black people. I normally dont think anything of that (its atlanta for gods sake and im black) but i noticed that people were just staring, or at least they were trying not to stare and be obvious (it was so obvious). At one point i looked up and I got a thumbs up from a group of black girls in the corner...i didnt know whether to smile or what.

Anyway, long story short, we just enjoyed ourselves and finally got up to leave. Well he dropped me off and walked me to my place. He was the perfect gentleman and i felt like a spoiled rotten princess the whole night. On a scale of 1 to 10, i gave it a 9.5.

atlien11 said:
This is for all you bored ladies at work who have nothing else to do like me... i promise to use paragraphs/color variations so its easy on the eyes.

I have to admitt, i was very nervous but this is how it went:

He picked me up from my loft in downtown atlanta @ 8:00. He mentioned earlier on the phone that we would be going to this place called MF Sushi ( i am from San Fran originally so i love sushi). I am glad he told mentioned the place so that i would know what to wear. Well he was ON TIME and he made reservations which was a refreshing change!! I didnt have to do any work because all the plans had been made :D !! When we got to the place we got a lot of stares but it wasnt excessive. He was very open and was like, "Please get whatever you want, anything". I just wanted a rainbow roll and the crunchee roll so when the waitress came he ordered for himself and for me. He also ordered a bottle of cold saki (I LOVE SAKI). Anyway we talked and chatted and laughed, and before i knew it, we were about to go. It was raining so he pulled the car up and everything :grin:

We ended up at this bar/lounge type place called BED (there is one in miami too but its not the same). Well ladies, here is where the stares began. We get his nice car parked in valet (really nice car). Well as we were walking over a group of black men in there car where just staring with there mouths open like "HOW THE HELL...". I just ignored them and kept walking. When we got into the place we sat down in the lounge part and a waitress came to take our drinks. While he was ordering, i glanced around and noticed it was mostly black people. I normally dont think anything of that (its atlanta for gods sake and im black) but i noticed that people were just staring, or at least they were trying not to stare and be obvious (it was so obvious). At one point i looked up and I got a thumbs up from a group of black girls in the corner...i didnt know whether to smile or what.

Anyway, long story short, we just enjoyed ourselves and finally got up to leave. Well he dropped me off and walked me to my place. He was the perfect gentleman and i felt like a spoiled rotten princess the whole night. On a scale of 1 to 10, i gave it a 9.5.

That's interesting, I've never experienced a thumbs before. But it was a good thing, they were rooting for you! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Are you going to go out with him again?

I'm glad you had a good time.

The staring reminds me of a story a while back...my fiancee was visiting and he decided to go somewhere...at any rate it wasn't with me.

So I wanted to get something to eat, and our mutual friend, who is Vietnamese, offered to take me to IHOP. Now we do not have any interest in each other, and this was just an outing, not a date.

But tell that to the nosey arse black folks in IHOP. :lachen: They stared, snickered, made comments under thier breath...I've never had a more ghetto eating experience in my life.

I suppose people aren't used to seeing interracial couples, and in my case, ESPECIALLY not a black woman and Asian man in Baton Rouge,:lol: .

FRO-EVER 21 said:
Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Thank you, i did :)
blueabyss333 said:
That's interesting, I've never experienced a thumbs before. But it was a good thing, they were rooting for you! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Are you going to go out with him again?
Yes i think i would because i am just really curious about the whole thing. I always said i wanted to date a white boy before i die just to see. The wierd thing is my mom was REALLY excited about it :confused: She went on about this story on how she dated this white boy in Highschool and his dad owned a lumber company and remembers his first/last name :look:<--me. My dad didnt say much about it when i told him but he is glad that he treated me well.

Last edited:
Starian said:
I'm glad you had a good time.

The staring reminds me of a story a while back...my fiancee was visiting and he decided to go somewhere...at any rate it wasn't with me.

So I wanted to get something to eat, and our mutual friend, who is Vietnamese, offered to take me to IHOP. Now we do not have any interest in each other, and this was just an outing, not a date.

But tell that to the nosey arse black folks in IHOP. :lachen: They stared, snickered, made comments under thier breath...I've never had a more ghetto eating experience in my life.

I suppose people aren't used to seeing interracial couples, and in my case, ESPECIALLY not a black woman and Asian man in Baton Rouge,:lol: .
Its funny you say that because for some reason i expected more stares/snickers from white people, not black people. I mean some white girls glanced but they didnt stare us down...black people (men in particular) not the case :nono:

atlien11 said:
Its funny you say that because for some reason i expected more stares/snickers from white people, not black people. I mean some white girls glanced but they didnt stare us down...black people (men in particular) not the case :nono:

They were just wondering what they needed to do and how to step up their game.

Girl as long as he treated you like a lady that's all that matters. Glad you had a good time and you should do it again for real. As long as there is mutual respect you are good to go. Yes you will have to deal with stares but hey such is life!!!!!

Thanks for the supporting remarks. I didnt get this reaction from some of my friends, they were against it but i think its because i am in the south. In San Fran, there are a lot of interacial couples. I am pretty open though, i would date just about anybody on the map however black men will probably always be my weakness.

Oh wow! I am so excited about this thread!! And I will tell you why... It's not because you had an interacial date, although I'm happy that you had a nice time, but the reason I'm so excited is because you're in Atlanta, Ga and had an interacial date!
Let me explain:
I was recently talking to one of my friends in GA about moving there because of the property value and was just talking to her about the whole "vibe" of GA. She had some good things to say but also some very scary things to say about race. It just seemed like from her description that a lot of GA is "behind" the times in moving beyond racism. For example she said you hardly ever see white/black couples, and if you do it's a black man and a white woman.. never a black woman and a white man... she mentioned this one restuarant where they have pictures of lynchings and black babydolls hanging from nooses from the ceiling... ( said the authorities won't do anything because it's freedom of speech and "art") ... She said there are certain rural areas that she's been advised not to go at night because of the hate crimes. So the reason I'm so excited to respond to you is so you can shed some light on the race relations in GA.
Is it really as bad as she says? Are interacial relationships normal there?

Carmela,

I actually saw that article about the restaraunt you were referring to and the reason it caught my attention is because my ex bf (he is black) lived in that county, the county is rural and its about 35 minutes outside of atl (its cherokee county for all u atl ladies). Girl it was crazy. The front sign outside this restaurant said "Was OJ Freed because he was rich or because of because he was a n-GG-r??" Someone actually posted that on their Lettering Sign outside their establishment (someone correct me if i am wrong, i think it was OJ). Anyway that caught MANY peoples attention epecially the media. This place has old KKK costumes, pictures of people being lynched, etc. They cant do anything because it is violating the owners rights.

ANYWAY, i love atlanta and would encourage black people to move here because its a great city for black people who are tryin to do there thing. Yea, racism is still here but its in a different form, its not so obvious. I dont see ALOT of interacial dating but its not non-existent either. They are not as normal as San Fran would be but you also see alot more asian/hispanic race mixing with blacks when it comes to dating there too. I was prepared for the stares but like i said, i was caught off gaurd by my own staring a hole through me.

Last edited:
Wildchild453 said:
I'm glad you had a good time. He does sound like a perfect gentleman
Thanks girl. No offense to anyone but i might give my "dark chocoloate preference" a break because this is how every date should have been.

atlien11 said:
At one point i looked up and I got a thumbs up from a group of black girls in the corner...i didnt know whether to smile or what

Okay, first, I LOVE this with the Black women giving you the :thumbsup: . Bout TIME we can all unite behind SOMETHING! ;)

Secondly, I LOVE that you posted this thread. I have always wondered what it would be like to date a wm. I have NEVER dated outside my race, ever. But, have been intrigued. Alas, I will have to live my white boy fantasies vicariously through you! Keep us posted on the 2nd and 3rd and 4th dates Atlien! :p

CantBeCopied said:
Okay, first, I LOVE this with the Black women giving you the :thumbsup: . Bout TIME we can all unite behind SOMETHING! ;)

Secondly, I LOVE that you posted this thread. I have always wondered what it would be like to date a wm. I have NEVER dated outside my race, ever. But, have been intrigued. Alas, I will have to live my white boy fantasies vicariously through you! Keep us posted on the 2nd and 3rd and 4th dates Atlien! :p

Hey girl, what do you mean live vicariously through the OP? Are you single and looking? If so, you can definitely hit that too :lol:

Parvathi said:
Hey girl, what do you mean live vicariously through the OP? Are you single and looking? If so, you can definitely hit that too :lol:

*lol!* Nah, girl, I have a serious boo. lol. We are planning for the future.....but.....I DID tell him once that if, for some unforeseen reason, he and I would part ways.....I was "CROSSING OVER" like John Edward! ;) And I mean that! :D He's a wonderful black man, wonderful, but, he is rare and I won't waste another day running on a treadmill toward my future! I'm getting on the trail next time IF NEED BE!:p

Tamala said:
Your date sounds fabulous:grin: OT, your hair looks great. Where can I get a LW like that?
Thanks Tamala, i will be posting a review soon with all the details!

Parvathi said:
You never know, this guy me end up to be your steady boyfriend and future hubby.

How'd ya'll meet? :)
We actually met at this place in atlanta called Atlantic Station. Its a spot downtown where there a lot of outside shops and places to eat. I was at this restaraunt/bar called Strip (its a steak place) and a few of his friends and mine just started chatting. Well we exhanged numbers and talked on the phone a few times and then he asked me out.

Ladies, i have to say, this a change for me. This guy is about 6 to 7 years older than me ( i am 25) and he is VERY established. Here is his resume:

1. No kids
2. Never been married
3. Owned a few well known clubs here in atlanta and has sold them to open a restaraunt in buckhead
4. condo is destin Fl. Closing on house this friday in destin too (investment property).
5. 2 cars - a SL500 which he picked me up in and an SUV
6. Get this BOTH CARS ARE PAID FOR!!! :eek:

By no means am i a materialisic person (my last BF was a teacher) but I must admitt, it was nice to be out with someone who had is :censored: together. He wasnt arrogant and didnt brag about any of it.

Last edited:
atlien11 said:
Thanks Tamala, i will be posting a review soon with all the details!

We actually met at this place in atlanta called Atlantic Station. Its a spot downtown where there a lot of outside shops and places to eat. I was at this restaraunt/bar called Strip (its a steak place) and a few of his friends and mine just started chatting. Well we exhanged numbers and talked on the phone a few times and then he asked me out.

Ladies, i have to say, this a change for me. This guy is about 6 to 7 years older than me ( i am 25) and he is VERY established. Here is his resume:

1. No kids
2. Never been married
3. Owned a few well known clubs here in atlanta and has sold them to open a restaraunt in buckhead
4. condo is destin Fl. Closing on house this friday in destin too (investment property).
5. 2 cars - a SL500 which he picked me up in and an SUV
6. Get this BOTH CARS ARE PAID FOR!!! :eek:

By no means am i a materialisic person (my last BF was a teacher) but I must admitt, it was nice to be out with someone who had is :censored: together. He wasnt arrogant and didnt brag about any of it.

umm.....does he have any..........like minded friends?:look:

You go girl!!

Yea!!! :D So glad to hear your date went well!

I understand about all the stares...I 've had a simiar experience in that city (I've told this story before).

I was LD dating a white guy who was working in ATL, and we went out one afternoon while I was visiting. OMG, you'd have thought our hair was on fire from the way people were staring. It was freaky.
We went to the underground, and this group of black guys starting YELLING at us: "why are you stealing our beautiful nubian queens? sister, you don't need him, white ain't right!"

I almost started a riot up in there, I was so pissed!

I'd never experienced something like that, and I sure didn't expect to find such incredible racism in ATL of all places.

You just enjoy yourself with this new guy, he sounds great. And screw the ones who don't like it, they don't have to kiss him!

BTW, have you kissed him yet? ;) Just kidding!!!

Back