Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

Hi Ladies! :wave:

It's been a while!

Popped in to say that I used the HairOne (Olive Oil) and to me, it doesn't compare to Wen, but it's a good product for those who don't want to spend $28 on the 16oz Wen. Personally, I think dollar for dollar, Wen is more economical as some of the ladies have said.

I also wanted to say that I finally tried the Wen Cucumber Aloe and it was great! What was I waiting for all this time?

It's geared hair thats fine to medium textured. It increased the volume of my fine/thin hair substantially. :yep: It's in the same class as Lavender in terms of increasing volume, but the scent isn't as strong.

I was indeed pleasantly surprised.[/quote]

Okay, I will be getting that one next time JN. We both have fine hair so it should be good for my hair too. Anyhoo I just wanted to say too that the WEN conditioners make the best moisturizers when I mix a few pumps with Eqyss Natural Botanical Rehydrant Spray, castor oil and a little glycerine. It is am amazing mixture for me. I get to stretch my expensive products to last me a lot longer and still get fantastic results all at the same time:yep::drunk:.

Hey Aggie! :wave: :hug2:
Great tip to help stretch your Wen. I take mine straight, no chaser! :grin:
Looking good Chica!

The Cucumber Aloe is pretty darn good. I have the 6oz travel size and am considering upgrading to the 16oz. I think it will be good after a touch up to add volume. You know how limp fine hair is after a touch up?

I'm a recent convert too. I ordered the Fig a couple of weeks ago, and used it earlier this week. So far I really like what I saw. My hair responded quickly, and it looked better the 2nd day post wash than it did the first. It's been a few days and it still feels moisturized, and has shine (this is unheard for me 9 weeks post relaxer with no other product. I'm going to re-wash today, to see if I get the same or better effect. If so I may have to say good-bye forever to my staples of Giovanni, Aveda, and Elucence.

How does the Fig compare to the Sweet Almond Mint, and the Aloe Cucumber? I wasn't crazy about the smell and may want to try something different if I re-order.

Wen is nothing but a hyped up conditiner, and not a good conditioner. I have all 4 kinds of Wen and 3 differnt Hair One cleansing conditioners. They are the same to me. They both left my hair feeling like I still needed to wash it. It's nothing but a cheap conditioner, disguised as something good.

Boy! Those companies and celebrities sure knows how to get us to buy stuff. And they know how to make us think that this stuff is good.

A high quality conditioner would work better than that over-priced cheapie conditioner.

Wen is nothing but a hyped up conditiner, and not a good conditioner. I have all 4 kinds of Wen and 3 differnt Hair One cleansing conditioners. They are the same to me. They both left my hair feeling like I still needed to wash it. It's nothing but a cheap conditioner, disguised as something good.

Boy! Those companies and celebrities sure knows how to get us to buy stuff. And they know how to make us think that this stuff is good.

A high quality conditioner would work better than that over-priced cheapie conditioner.

It's wonderful for me and quite a few other ladies. I've tried tons of products and this is my staple. I've been using it for almost a year now and I :love: it!
I am not a fan of the HairOne.

I'm a recent convert too. I ordered the Fig a couple of weeks ago, and used it earlier this week. So far I really like what I saw. My hair responded quickly, and it looked better the 2nd day post wash than it did the first. It's been a few days and it still feels moisturized, and has shine (this is unheard for me 9 weeks post relaxer with no other product. I'm going to re-wash today, to see if I get the same or better effect. If so I may have to say good-bye forever to my staples of Giovanni, Aveda, and Elucence.

How does the Fig compare to the Sweet Almond Mint, and the Aloe Cucumber? I wasn't crazy about the smell and may want to try something different if I re-order.

The Wen conditioners aren't known for their scents, but they make your hair look awesome. So if you want product that smells really good, Wen ain't it! :lachen: The Fig smells like cherry cough drops.
Many here like the Sweet Almond Mint including myself, but since I love how the Fig adds weight to my fine relaxed tresses, my staple is the Fig.

It's wonderful for me and quite a few other ladies. I've tried tons of products and this is my staple. I've been using it for almost a year now and I :love: it!
I am not a fan of the HairOne.

Of course you do. I did too, until I realized that the ingredients are just conditioner ingredients, and that it wasn't even as good as the conditioners that I use. Their marketing had me fooled too. They had me thinking that I needed that expensive, cheap conditioner.

Of course you do. I did too, until I realized that the ingredients are just conditioner ingredients, and that it wasn't even as good as the conditioners that I use. Their marketing had me fooled too. They had me thinking that I needed that expensive, cheap conditioner.

Well, I like it so not a problem for me. :grin: What conditioners do you like?

Well, I like it so not a problem for me. :grin: What conditioners do you like?

I use mizani, Keracare, joico, motions CPR, and kenra mc. I don't like kenra straight from the bottle, but it's great watered down. Kenra with water added makes a great cowash, it actually suds a little like weak shampoo.

I wasn't trying to knock out your opinion of Wen because we all are entitled to our opinions. I was just stating how I felt about it. I feel like I spent a lot of money for nothing when I used it.

Last edited:
I use mizani, Keracare, joico, motions CPR, and kenra mc. I don't like kenra straight from the bottle, but it's great watered down. Kenra with water added makes a great cowash, it actually suds a little like weak shampoo.

I wasn't trying to knock out your opinion of Wen because we all are entitled to joe opinions. I was just stating how I felt about it. I feel like I spent a lot of joey for nothing when I used it.

I didn't think that at all. I understand that not everything is for everybody. No worries.

I tried Joico and it's just OK. I like Kenra (I have a 1/2 bottle left). I have used Mizani and it's OK too. My hairstylist used Motions CPR on me and it worked well. I like to use the Trader Joe's Nourish Spa (which is $2.99) to rinse out my henna and indigo treatments. For the price point, it's pretty good. :yep:

I guess this is how YOU feel about WEN, but this "cheap, hyped up conditioner" worked better for my hair than any other shampoo and conditioner on the market. I love this "over-priced cheapie conditioner" and I'm so glad they knew how to make me buy this stuff.

I understand you don't like it. It's okay. We'll enjoy it for you. :yep:

I guess this is how YOU feel about WEN, but this "cheap, hyped up conditioner" worked better for my hair than any other shampoo and conditioner on the market. I love this "over-priced cheapie conditioner" and I'm so glad they knew how to make me buy this stuff.

I understand you don't like it. It's okay. We'll enjoy it for you. :yep:

BTW Denise11, if you have Wen left over and haven't thrown it out , I'll take it off your hands. :yep:

The Wen conditioners aren't known for their scents, but they make your hair look awesome. So if you want product that smells really good, Wen ain't it! :lachen: The Fig smells like cherry cough drops.
Many here like the Sweet Almond Mint including myself, but since I love how the Fig adds weight to my fine relaxed tresses, my staple is the Fig.

You get the weight effect too! I thought it was just my imagination. My hair is also fine and relaxed, but it looked very bountiful after using Wen.:grin: The smell is just :nono: for me, but I love how it makes my hair look and feel, so I am trying to get used to it. One of my hair goals is to do a year long stretch, to see if I ready to go natural. (My hair gets incredibly dry 8 weeks into a stretch.) I have been looking for a product for a long time to help make that happen. This might be the one. Keeping fingers crossed.

You get the weight effect too! I thought it was just my imagination. My hair is also fine and relaxed, but it looked very bountiful after using Wen.:grin: The smell is just :nono: for me, but I love how it makes my hair look and feel, so I am trying to get used to it. One of my hair goals is to do a year long stretch, to see if I ready to go natural. (My hair gets incredibly dry 8 weeks into a stretch.) I have been looking for a product for a long time to help make that happen. This might be the one. Keeping fingers crossed.

Yup. The Fig has the most Panthenol Pro-Vitamin B-5

Taken from the Chaz Dean site:
Panthenol Pro-Vitamin B-5: acts as a penetrating moisturizer. Plumps & moisturizes hair shaft to make it appear thicker, reduces split ends, smoothes skin and strengthens hair as it seals in moisture.

Another thing I've noticed is that my use of the Ovation line and the Wen has given my strands incredible tensile strength.

My breakage issues (battled for years even when getting my hair professionally done) have all but disappeared.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Scoobygirl! :yep:

BTW Denise11, if you have Wen left over and haven't thrown it out , I'll take it off your hands. :yep:

I gave them all away, and the Hair One too. I try not to keep products around when I don't like them. I need the space for new stuff. LOL

I bought them from QVC. Their prices are not cheap, so it was hard giving them away.

I have some Panthenol powder. I didn't know it did all of that! I gotta start using it now.

Yup. The Fig has the most Panthenol Pro-Vitamin B-5

Taken from the Chaz Dean site:
Panthenol Pro-Vitamin B-5: acts as a penetrating moisturizer. Plumps & moisturizes hair shaft to make it appear thicker, reduces split ends, smoothes skin and strengthens hair as it seals in moisture.

Another thing I've noticed is that my use of the Ovation line and the Wen has given my strands incredible tensile strength.

My breakage issues (battled for years even when getting my hair professionally done) have all but disappeared.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Scoobygirl! :yep:

I gave them all away, and the Hair One too. I try not to keep products around when I don't like them. I need the space for new stuff. LOL

I bought them from QVC. Their prices are not cheap, so it was hard giving them away.

I hear you! You know the large black plastic heavy duty garbage bags?
Well, I filled one up with hair products (to the top) and gave it to my sisters and nieces - they were ecstatic. And I still had enough products to never purchase again for years. I have to say it was highly extravagant.

That's why I am amazed that I have found the product lines that work wonderfully for me - Ovation/Eqyss, Wen, Jane Carter Solution and Qhemet Biologics.

QVC's prices are much lower for Wen than the Chaz Dean store, but they don't have the entire selection, obviously.

*runs through thread.....Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it......love, love, love....luv it.*

Signed,
from hair that likes overpriced products (user of Phytorelaxer, Aveda, Wen and Hairveda)

*trips and falls*

*runs through thread.....Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it......love, love, love....luv it.*

Signed,
from hair that likes overpriced products (user of Phytorelaxer, Aveda, Wen and Hairveda)

*trips and falls*

:rofl: :rofl: :giggle:
Right? That's why we're related!
You're a nut! But a loveable nut!
:hug2:

Signed,

*trips and falls*

:lachen::lachen::lachen:, okay, I totally missed that one Mona:lachen::lachen::lachen:.

Are you transitioning? If I decide to transition, I know that Wen will be the only thing that would help me accomplish it.

I was tinkering around with the idea to buy the gallon size too, but decided not to. Right now I purchase the 32 oz. and that works for me.

Welcome to the "Friends of Wen" Club! :yep:

No, I am not transitioning, I just wanted to give my hair a vacation from all the chemicals and to really see how long I can go. Just experimenting. With twins, a husband, school, and working a full time job I dont have the time nor patientce to work with my natural hair. I am in box briads right now and I am in the Crown and Glory challenge for the year so I think I will relax around the first week of Dec. WEN cut through that new growth like butter. I was actually ready to relax (bought the relaxer and all) until I tried WEN and DCed using it with heat. Now I got my hair steamer I am going to try steaming with the WEN every week while in braids and see the outcome in May when I take them out.

FYI - QVC now has Fig Styling Creme - they bundled it with 16 oz Fig Cleanser. And, at long last, they have the Fig re-moist back in stock!

Back