Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

Hey everyone,

Well I tried the sweet almond mint WEN last night and... the jury's still out I'm afraid :perplexed. The problem I have is in the combing aspect of it. I followed the instructions, wet my hair throughly and applied it, getting into all the sections of my hair and wetting my hands every now and then to help distribute it throughout my hair.

Then it came time to comb it and I shed like crazy :nono:. I had a similar thing happen a while ago when I co-washed and I figured maybe I'm just not meant to comb my hair while it's wet, I lose far too much that way. This is the reason I stopped co-washing.So I guess now I'm wondering, if I just slather it on and massage it in but not comb through would this still give the same effects.

When I rinsed my hair did feel clean (I'd done one wash beforehand with the keracare 1st lather clarifying shampoo). I was too scared after I rinsed to add any as a leave in so I left my hair alone (no other products) and blowdried with fingers and my hair was manageable which makes me think under different circumstances the WEN could be good (I'm also 15 weeks post).

So I guess my question is - does anyone use the WEN using only fingers to comb through hair instead of a comb? My hair only seems to behave this way when wet, I can comb without much hair coming out when it's dry, but with the WEN and the last few weeks of co-washing I have lost loads of hair and what's now left on my head is much thinner and shorter (due to breakage, again probably from the wet combing). :sad:

I think I need to get a decent detangler and leave in conditioner and comb through on damp/semi dry hair instead. These last two months have set my hair back almost a year!

TIA
Cairo
x

Hey everyone,

Well I tried the sweet almond mint WEN last night and... the jury's still out I'm afraid :perplexed. The problem I have is in the combing aspect of it. I followed the instructions, wet my hair throughly and applied it, getting into all the sections of my hair and wetting my hands every now and then to help distribute it throughout my hair.

Then it came time to comb it and I shed like crazy :nono:. I had a similar thing happen a while ago when I co-washed and I figured maybe I'm just not meant to comb my hair while it's wet, I lose far too much that way. This is the reason I stopped co-washing.So I guess now I'm wondering, if I just slather it on and massage it in but not comb through would this still give the same effects.

When I rinsed my hair did feel clean (I'd done one wash beforehand with the keracare 1st lather clarifying shampoo). I was too scared after I rinsed to add any as a leave in so I left my hair alone (no other products) and blowdried with fingers and my hair was manageable which makes me think under different circumstances the WEN could be good (I'm also 15 weeks post).

So I guess my question is - does anyone use the WEN using only fingers to comb through hair instead of a comb? My hair only seems to behave this way when wet, I can comb without much hair coming out when it's dry, but with the WEN and the last few weeks of co-washing I have lost loads of hair and what's now left on my head is much thinner and shorter (due to breakage, again probably from the wet combing). :sad:

I think I need to get a decent detangler and leave in conditioner and comb through on damp/semi dry hair instead. These last two months have set my hair back almost a year!

TIA
Cairo
x

I finger comb it through my hair and massage it into my NG. I'm wearing nothing but buns so I just use my fingers and only use my Jilbere shower comb once every ten days or so to get rid of the shed hair. About once a month I use what I call the "comb down" technique. I comb through with the Jilbere then with a smaller comb, then with one that is even smaller. I only do this when my hair is wet, conditioned, and I have just done a protein treatment.

im still loving wen, but i love love love the sweet almond mint and the fig. i am using the lavender right now and its just ok. i dont have any complaints about it but its just not as moisturizing as the fig and sweet almond mint.

im still loving wen, but i love love love the sweet almond mint and the fig. i am using the lavender right now and its just ok. i dont have any complaints about it but its just not as moisturizing as the fig and sweet almond mint.

Same here. So far, the sweet almont mint and fig are my faves. Last week, I dc'd my hair with the fig and mixed it with Aphogee 2 min Keratin. My goodness, my hair LOVED this combo!:lick: I am counting down until my next DC to mix the same combo but this time, leaving it in longer than 15 mins

I completely agree! The lavender wasn't bad but it doesn't cause the backflips that fig and sweet almond fig do!

I used the Fig last night and am in love.:love: Plain and simple. I followed the instructions to a tee. Even rinsing my hair with cool to cold water. I kept it in my hair for 1.5 hours as a dc, no heat. Then I rinsed and placed two pumps in my hair as a leave in. Massaged that around and rollerset my hair with my Lacio Lacio/evoo/water/glycerin mix. Air dried. My hair is so soft. I've been rollersetting and air drying my hair for a year and it has never come out soft like this.

I purchased the package of 3 - Fig, Lavendar and Sweet Almond Mint. Haven't tried the rest, but am so ready to buy the large size of the Fig.

I have been ignoring Wen for a while now. I saw it advertised on QVC this weekend and I was sucked. I ordered it and I am waiting for it to arrive.

Meanwhile :look: I went to Sally's and got Hair One and I love that stuff. If Wen works half as well as Olive Oil Hair One, I will be in love :love:

bump

got the fig, used it once but i left some in and my hair felt a bit dry, maybe i didnt use enough. so i just got the sweet almond mint set so we'll see how that goes.

Has anyone compared it to the more cheaper Sally version, Hair One?

I have both and for some strange reason I reach for the Hair One more than my Wen. I think the Hair One is more moisturizing. I have the Wen Fig and Hair One Jojoba. I color my hair and I find by using either of these my color lasts until my next relaxer and color.

Has anyone compared it to the more cheaper Sally version, Hair One?

Many members have - I did too. There are few threads about it. You can find them if you do an advanced search.

There are a few ladies that love it for the results they get and the pricing which makes it more affordable or practical for some.

I prefer Wen all around.

I just used WEN for the first time today and I am in love.The intro kit cost $29.99 now at Wenhaircare.com. best $36 I've ever spent

Last edited:
I was going to try Hair One, but a bottle costs like $10 at Sally's. I get an auto-delivery of WEN (3 Bottles and the DC) and the prices is comprable. I'll stick with WEN.

Hey ladies,

Just want to say I bought a 32oz bottle of Fig a while back (sometime in 08 I think) along with the oil and tried it and thought it was "ok" and through it in the product graveyard under my sink. A friend a few weeks ago asked if I had tried it and I told them yes, it was just ok. After that convo I decided to pull it out and give it another shot. Well, I've been using it for about 2 or 3 weeks now and have to say my experience and opinion this time around has changed. I'm loving the condition of my hair using WEN. I may not have been using the right amount of product the first time, or just didn't give it a long enough chance, but I really do feel it is a good product. Almost done with that 32 oz bottle and put in orders for 16 oz. Fig and one for Sweet Almond.

I guess i gotta hit my friend back up and explain the change in opinion lol

So1913, I'm Happy that you love Wen its a staple of mine its a great find to me it really changes your hair in a good way detangling process is much easier and the new growth is so soft i can go on and on Enjoy.

i still love my wen but i havent used it in a few weeks. i love the fig but i ran out so i only have the sweet almond mint and the lavender and cucumber. i have never tried the cucumber so we will see about that one. i also have hair one and never used it lmao.

These product’s sound fantastic. I would love to know if any transitioners or naturals have used the Wen Cleansing Conditioner and if so, would you mind me asking for your experience please.
Thanks very much
Here are the ingredients;
Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner Ingredients Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Fig Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alochol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyze Wheat Protein, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Menthol, Sweet Almond Oil, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides,

It's true but I didn't like it because I had breakage while washing with the fig. :nono: I ended up using it solely as a leave in or mixing a little of it with the almond mint.

I wanna try some, where can I get the best price?

Depends. You could get it at QVC (sales and at times coupons) but the Guthy Renker site has the better prices (sometimes.. due to what you get with the sets).... BUT they put you on auto ship. :nono:

Girl ebay has gotten RIDICULOUS with the WEN products. :perplexed

I guess it's just a matter of shopping around.

I bought large bottle of the Fig and Sweet Almond Mint during the July sale, but for some reason they seem slightly different than before. I've been using both since March, but these latest bottles don't feel quite and moisturizing and detangling as some of my earlier bottles. Did anybody who bought during the July sale experience this?

I wanna try some, where can I get the best price?

QVC has specials. Other than that, you might try eBay to get a few dollars off.
I get mine from QVC or directly from Chaz Dean's website; not the Gunthy-Renker sponsored site that does the autoship of Sweet Almond Mint.

It's true but I didn't like it because I had breakage while washing with the fig. :nono: I ended up using it solely as a leave in or mixing a little of it with the almond mint.

I'm sorry to hear about the breakage! :hug2:
Are you sure it was from Wen and not mechanical breakage?

Most of my setbacks were due to mechanical techniques and lack of protein.

Back