Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

Hi Ladies, I've just received my WEN! I'm so looking forward to using this and hope that I get the same wonderful effects as you all have. I do have a couple of questions for you seasoned 'Wenettes',

1. I've been cowashing every day for the last two weeks. Should I clarify with my Keracare 1st lather before I use the WEN tomorrow?

2. Can I put the WEN on after my clarifying shampoo then just leave it on for half an hour so as a deep conditioner? Does it work well as a deep conditioner

3. I was thinking of using a little as a leave in after I rinse out. Does it work well as a leave in? Does it detangle well as a leave in?

4. Any hints or tips you could give me?

TIA
Cairo
x

PS. I've just received the sweet almond mint shipped by Guthy Renker

Hi Ladies, I've just received my WEN! I'm so looking forward to using this and hope that I get the same wonderful effects as you all have. I do have a couple of questions for you seasoned 'Wenettes',

1. I've been cowashing every day for the last two weeks. Should I clarify with my Keracare 1st lather before I use the WEN tomorrow?

You don't need to clarify - I never did and the WEN works just fine.

2. Can I put the WEN on after my clarifying shampoo then just leave it on for half an hour so as a deep conditioner? Does it work well as a deep conditioner

Yes, it works ver well as deep conditioner, detangler, etc. Remember it is an all in one product. You don't need to use any other shampoo, conditioner or leave in except if you want to, but you don't need to.

3. I was thinking of using a little as a leave in after I rinse out. Does it work well as a leave in? Does it detangle well as a leave in?

Follow the instructions on the bottle. You don't have to use it any other way except exactly as the label says. There are other tips on the Chaz Dean website. Check it out.

4. Any hints or tips you could give me?
Other tips can be found on the Chaz Dean website. Check it out.

TIA
Cairo
x

PS. I've just received the sweet almond mint shipped by Guthy Renker

My responses are posted above, below each question.

GO MONA, GO MONA, GO MONA, GO MONA!!!!!
:woot:

:giggle:

I'm gonna use Fig with my new STEAMER! :grin: GO JN, GO JN, GO JN, GO JN!!!

:lol:

I also see a steamer in my future...then it's a wrap on big a** freestanding items...I need to move back into a bigger place..

Lemme tell u...:look:...last saturday...I went to the spa....went into the sauna with my WEN on....then..went to the dominican spot...chica rinsed out my hair....I think she was trying to find tangles...but...there weren't really any...

chick rollerset my hair with this semi tiny comb (I forgot to bring)...I barely saw a hair in the comb...I have NEVER experienced that at a Dominican salon...JN...my hair hates heat...but it was for b'day...

got a blow out....I could not believe there weren't hairs flying...nada.

and my hair...once I put some moisturizer on it...it's holding onto it!

I had to work on my paper this weekend..and getting back to it shortly..so not dealing with my hair...but I almost don't want to mess with it anyway...I want the feeling to last..

so that experience...is what made me go...okay...I need to think about getting one....I had to go through it first to see if it would be worth it...and I think it would be. I would've been better off buying a steamer than this pibbs (danggone rollersetting...I will get it eventually :ohwell:).

Anyhoo, cuz, please give feedback about your steaming experience with the Wen..:yep:

Just got my 32 oz Fig on Friday; I keep eyeing the Re-Moist, but I'm trying not to do it....

ETA: Spent some "quality" time yesterday trying to get Wen out of the 32 oz bottle into a 6 oz bottle (for travel). Boy, that stuff is thick! :lachen:

I'm going to have to reorder some Almond mint. My scalp AND my hair loves it. I'm running out of the other 32 oz bottle. I need to find some coupons or something. :lol:

:lol:

I also see a steamer in my future...then it's a wrap on big a** freestanding items...I need to move back into a bigger place..

Lemme tell u...:look:...last saturday...I went to the spa....went into the sauna with my WEN on....then..went to the dominican spot...chica rinsed out my hair....I think she was trying to find tangles...but...there weren't really any...

chick rollerset my hair with this semi tiny comb (I forgot to bring)...I barely saw a hair in the comb...I have NEVER experienced that at a Dominican salon...JN...my hair hates heat...but it was for b'day...

got a blow out....I could not believe there weren't hairs flying...nada.

and my hair...once I put some moisturizer on it...it's holding onto it!

I had to work on my paper this weekend..and getting back to it shortly..so not dealing with my hair...but I almost don't want to mess with it anyway...I want the feeling to last..

so that experience...is what made me go...okay...I need to think about getting one....I had to go through it first to see if it would be worth it...and I think it would be. I would've been better off buying a steamer than this pibbs (danggone rollersetting...I will get it eventually :ohwell:).

Anyhoo, cuz, please give feedback about your steaming experience with the Wen..:yep:

Did I miss your Birthday??? (Or did I wish you a Happy and forgot I did? Damn I hate middle-age!)

Sounds about right! Thanks for this useful post! :grin:

The PJ in me wanted a Pibbs, but honestly, I don't use that much heat to warrant the price of a Pibbs, nor do I have the amount of hair to warrant a Pibbs dryer. Now, a conditioning steamer? Yeah. That's the ticket.

I am going to use the little bit of Fig Re-moist Hydrating Mask I have left with the Steamer. I may mix it with the little bit of Sweet Almond Mint or Lavender I have left too to use it all up and then do a rollerset.
I bought some new earrings yesterday and want to show them off framed by beautiful hair!

I'll post later today or tomorrow.

My responses are posted above, below each question.

Thanks January Noir, I'll check out Chaz Dean's site. I probably will clarify before the first time I use the WEN because I've been cowashing daily for the last two weeks, and then I'll probably deep condition with it.

I do really hope to love this product as much as you all do

Cairo
x

Just got my 32 oz Fig on Friday; I keep eyeing the Re-Moist, but I'm trying not to do it....

ETA: Spent some "quality" time yesterday trying to get Wen out of the 32 oz bottle into a 6 oz bottle (for travel). Boy, that stuff is thick! :lachen:

:grin:
I used the last of my Re-moist today. I like it very much, but the price is crazy! If you want to treat yourself, get it from QVC, it's cheaper. But remember, it's not that much better than the regular WEN as a deep conditioner.

Sometime I just like to pamper myself, so that 's why I bought it to try.

If you add some warm water to the leftover WEN and shake it around a bit, it will come out just fine.

Thanks January Noir, I'll check out Chaz Dean's site. I probably will clarify before the first time I use the WEN because I've been cowashing daily for the last two weeks, and then I'll probably deep condition with it.

I do really hope to love this product as much as you all do

Cairo
x

You're welcome. Give it a shot, use it more than once or twice, clarify if you need to and come back and let us know about your results. :yep:

I used the last of my Re-moist today. I like it very much, but the price is crazy! If you want to treat yourself, get it from QVC, it's cheaper. But remember, it's not that much better than the regular WEN as a deep conditioner.

If you add some warm water to the leftover WEN and shake it around a bit, it will come out just fine.

That is sure nuff what I'ma do with the end of this bottle I have now..:yep:

*don't make me have to cut the bottle open Chazzzzzzz...*

I'm under the dryer now (typing from my iPhone) after all my treatments today and throwing some rollers in my hair literally! I can't wait to see how WEN responds with the steam treatment.
I'm in a hurry 'cause I want to Macy's before the day is over.

Oh believe me, I've gotten the last of the WEN out of the bottle that way! (Even though I haven't gotten it to come out through the pump.) What I was trying to do was REFILL a 6 oz WEN bottle out of the 32 oz bottle I just received from QVC. QVC doesn't sell the 6 oz size separately - the 32 oz is the best per ounce price :grin: but when I travel for work for just a few days I don't want to take the 32 oz with me.

Oh believe me, I've gotten the last of the WEN out of the bottle that way! (Even though I haven't gotten it to come out through the pump.) What I was trying to do was REFILL a 6 oz WEN bottle out of the 32 oz bottle I just received from QVC. QVC doesn't sell the 6 oz size separately - the 32 oz is the best per ounce price :grin: but when I travel for work for just a few days I don't want to take the 32 oz with me.

oh I see now. Yeah that's tough putting it into a smaller pump bottle.
Good luck and let us know if you come up with asokution that doesn't require
watering it down and using a funnel.

oh I see now. Yeah that's tough putting it into a smaller pump bottle.
Good luck and let us know if you come up with asokution that doesn't require
watering it down and using a funnel.

I did come up with a solution! It just doesn't go very fast :sad:

I used a Ziploc sandwich baggie. I put some Wen from the big bottle into the baggie and zipped it shut (so it wouldn't squirt out the wrong end). Then I sort of squished the Wen so one bottom corner of the baggie didn't have any Wen in it and cut that corner. I stuck that open corner into the neck of the 6 oz bottle and squeezed! (Think of filling egg whites with deviled egg mix; that's where I got the idea.)

Regarding styling creme: has anyone tried any other than the sweet almond, and did you notice a difference? I know that QVC has the Fig now....

Maybe it's time I jump on the WEN bandwagon.

It's well worth it! I think this is the best condition my hair has ever been in, and it serves most of my needs so I don't have to buy a lot of products.

**** This is just a warmup statement until January Noir sees your post ****

It's well worth it! I think this is the best condition my hair has ever been in, and it serves most of my needs so I don't have to buy a lot of products.

Bwaaaaahhhh....a...a... :lol:

Regarding styling creme: has anyone tried any other than the sweet almond, and did you notice a difference? I know that QVC has the Fig now....

Somehow...I didn't see that....

I have another purchase I need to make elsewhere...but next qvc purchase session, I will keep this in mind. Would be nice to have on hand for the warm months..

Somehow...I didn't see that....

I have another purchase I need to make elsewhere...but next qvc purchase session, I will keep this in mind. Would be nice to have on hand for the warm months..

They aren't selling it separately; it's bundled with a Fig 16 oz CC - and they just added it yesterday. $39.50 for the set.

Last edited:

You are doing just fine Soulie! :grin:

If you like the Sweet Almond Mint, check ebay. The SAM is what Guthy-Renker sells on their intro offer, and a lot of people are selling entire packages. They also have some Cucumber Aloe packages too.

ETA: I love a good deal!!! I just got a Sweet Almond set for $88 with free shipping. This includes:

2 16 oz Cleansing Conditioner (32 oz bottle is about $45 at QVC)
1 4 oz Styling Creme ( 6 oz bottle is about $24 at QVC)
1 4 oz Re Moist Mask (4 oz jar is about $53 at QVC)

So I would have spent $120 plus shipping to get this same stuff from QVC and the prices are even higher on Chaz's site! :grin::grin:

Apparently people have ordered the 30-day intro set from Guthy-Renker and not realized that they were signed up for auto delivery, so they sell the 90-day kits on ebay if they aren't using WEN anymore.

Last edited:
Back