Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

I never posted my review of the sweet almond, but I did have very soft hair!

I used the hair mask along with the wen condish, left it in while I went to my class to work out (had a plastic shower cap under the scarf!!) and when I went to rinse my hair was soft!! Left the condish it, with some joico joiwhip mousse...or the got2b kinky mousse. My hair was soft! I think I'll use a gel next go around because it's really not enough to hold my hair place, but the softness was nice.

Yea I figure out WEN will help me stretch as long as i want. I am currently 12 wks post.. and on Monday, I wash or Co-wash with the SAM Conditioner... and i waited until i was done CO-wash to detangle. I detangled with the styling creme, OMG... the comb just slide through my hair, no struggle, no breakage. I heard the choir saing Hallelujah

I started using this WEN Fig conditioner a few wweeks ago. He was on QVC and I realized that I still had half a bottle left and broke ito out again. Let me tell you I really like it! It tingles the scalp and leaves the hair feeling clean. It is that weirdest thing the way that it works. It also detangles my hair and softens my NG which is key since I am stretching and I am 14wk post. QVC has really good sales and flex pay arangements, but to be honest it's still a bit pricey. I was reading Traycee's blog and she gets HairOne from Sally's and I want to try that b/c it is alot cheaper and I have read good reviews. Basically betweent this, Loreal's Everpure and Dr Bronners soap I think that I am finally on my way to freedom from sulfates that will result in soft hair that is not dry and stripped.

Okay I'm thinking about the Wen thing. It's so freaking expensive but it seems really good. I need to try it at least. They have a good deal on the TV the wen, styling cream, a couple other things and a shower comb. That's not a bad deal for all that. I really just wan to try the Wen

How does everyone like the Almond cleanser?

So1913, I'm Happy that you love Wen its a staple of mine its a great find to me it really changes your hair in a good way detangling process is much easier and the new growth is so soft i can go on and on Enjoy.
I need something that will help with this NG when it shows up...like now!! LOL

I finger comb it through my hair and massage it into my NG. I'm wearing nothing but buns so I just use my fingers and only use my Jilbere shower comb once every ten days or so to get rid of the shed hair. About once a month I use what I call the "comb down" technique. I comb through with the Jilbere then with a smaller comb, then with one that is even smaller. I only do this when my hair is wet, conditioned, and I have just done a protein treatment.
This is a really smart technique for people with fine hair.. especially doing it after a protein treatment helps to avoid the shedding !!

AtlantaJJ,I tried the Wen sweet almond a Week or so ago I love it,it softens the newgrowth and it detangles makes my hair soft I love it.

I have tried 3 of the WEN condish cleansers. I like the tea tree best personally. I purchased the 3 kinds recommended for AA hair. It is pricey but to me it doesn't leave any build up like some regular condish does when used as a co-wash. I have not tried the balm or any other products but would definitely say give it a shot. Here is the link from Amazon.com You get 3 6oz bottles for $35 (subtotal).I think they honor the money back guarantee WEN has too. :yep: I like it.
http://www.amazon.com/WEN-Medium-Coarse-Ethnic-African-American/dp/B00183JW5M/ref=pd_sim_hpc_4

I have tried 3 of the WEN condish cleansers. I like the tea tree best personally. I purchased the 3 kinds recommended for AA hair. It is pricey but to me it doesn't leave any build up like some regular condish does when used as a co-wash. I have not tried the balm or any other products but would definitely say give it a shot. Here is the link from Amazon.com You get 3 6oz bottles for $35 (subtotal).I think they honor the money back guarantee WEN has too. :yep: I like it.
http://www.amazon.com/WEN-Medium-Coarse-Ethnic-African-American/dp/B00183JW5M/ref=pd_sim_hpc_4

Good for you! I have been using WEN consistently for over a year.
It made such a huge difference in my hair and also for friends that I have recommended it to. My friend has problems with her thyroid and WEN was the only thing that bought her hair back to beautiful.

Okay I'm thinking about the Wen thing. It's so freaking expensive but it seems really good. I need to try it at least. They have a good deal on the TV the wen, styling cream, a couple other things and a shower comb. That's not a bad deal for all that. I really just wan to try the Wen

How does everyone like the Almond cleanser?

Try the Fig first especially if you are natural or texlaxed. :yep:

Hey January is WEN the only product you use? I have 2 gallons of the Fig and I love it but I also have a ton of Vo5 and aussie moist that I use when I have my braids in sould I keep it that way or just stick to the WEN for everything? Oh and how often do you clarify and do you use poo at all?

I called the 800 # and they just have the Sweet Almond Mint and the Cucumber Aloe only. It sounds like I really want the Fig :scratchch

me too.. so i dont know if i should cancel my account with them... Gunther something... but i get the set for about 40% or so at a discounted price

Ok...so I've tried the SAM and it was ok....not as detangling as the Fig while in the hair, but I like the end result of the clean/light feeling after rinsing. Maybe I'll try lavender next

Hey January is WEN the only product you use? I have 2 gallons of the Fig and I love it but I also have a ton of Vo5 and aussie moist that I use when I have my braids in sould I keep it that way or just stick to the WEN for everything? Oh and how often do you clarify and do you use poo at all?

Hey SS! :wave:

On ocassion I use other products that are still in my stash (using it up all:yep:), but mainly I stick to WEN and Ovation products. I need the WEN in my life, especially 4 or more weeks post relaxer. I use my Ovation Cell Therapy as a treatment once a week and WEN on other days. This way I keep a good protein and moisture balance. That's critical for relaxed heads. :yep:

So you ladies using the WEN consistently, do you still have to follow up with another conditioner rinse or styling products to get your look? (I don't mean hairspray or spray sheen finishers) TIA

So you ladies using the WEN consistently, do you still have to follow up with another conditioner rinse or styling products to get your look? (I don't mean hairspray or spray sheen finishers) TIA

My look is usually a bun so just using the WEN followed by WEN styling creme works for me.

So that's 2 Wen products, could you get another look besides a bun from jsut the WEN CC and the styling creme?TIA

Yes, I have done roller sets, flexirod sets and curlformer sets the same way; I just do buns more frequently.

I don't. At least for the next 2 days or until the next WEN use.

I use WEN as my leave-in mixed along with WEN Oil and when I rollerset or wear my hair out for a special occasion, the Styling Creme or Balm.

oh GOSH! How did I miss this thread? Why had I not heard of WEN? --> perhaps I did read about it and just overlooked it becaue of the price??

Well I started reading and was hooked so I ordered from QVC last week. I still cant believe I shelled out that much but such is the life of a PJ. First off I was a little ticked because there was no shipping discount. I ordered three items and they all came in separate packages. Seems like a waste.

It arrived 3 or 4 days ago and I just did my second wash. I am LOVING it! My normally dry unrully roots are very soft. My hair feels soft AND clean with not build up. I decided not to clarify and I dont think I needed too.

I'm protecting my hair for the winter with wigs so I cant say much more yet but I cant wait to order the styling cream to try a twist out. Why did I melt/drool over the models hair in the flier! Her curls were HOT!

Two days ago I decided to try the cleansing cream on 2 DDs. They usually fuss when getting their hair done. Not after the Wen! They usually have quite a bit of build up in their hair because I'm always trying to keep it from feeling/looking dry. NOOOOOOOO their hair looks and feels soft. When i took their braids down tonight to re braid the hair was sooooooo easy and soft enough that i could have left them in a braid out. Now what am I gonna do with the Bucket of hair leave-ins I have for this kids, not to mention the Quhmet that came in the mail the day before. I can see this is something that DH doesn't need to know about right now. I'll wait till he compliments the girls hair and then tell him i found a new product (not the price of it though)

So I really like the product but but I'm scared that this 32 ounce jar will not last long. I need to know when this stuff goes on sale! So not only do i see an expensive habit but I already want to get some for my mom (and DD #3 when her braids come out).

After reading up on cleansing conditioners I ran to Sally's to get some hair one. i will alternate between the two for now. I'm not in love with the fig scent but it's not enough of an issue for me not to use it. I do really like the scent of the hair one olive oil.

Last edited:
oh GOSH! How did I miss this thread? Why had I not heard of WEN? --> perhaps I did read about it and just overlooked it becaue of the price??

Well I started reading and was hooked so I ordered from QVC last week. I still cant believe I shelled out that much but such is the life of a PJ. First off I was a little ticked because there was no shipping discount. I ordered three items and they all came in separate packages. Seems like a waste.

It arrive 3 or 4 days ago and I just did my second wash. I am LOVING it! My normally dry unrully roots are very soft. My hair feels soft AND clean with not build up. I decided not to clarify and I dont think I needed too.

I'm protecting my hair for the winter with wigs so I cant say much more yet but I cant wait to order the styling cream to try a twist out. Why did I melt/drool over the models hair in the flier! Her curls were HOT!

Two days ago I decided to try the cleansing cream on 2 DDs. They usually fuss when getting their hair done. Not after the Wen! They usually have quite a bit of build up in their hair because I'm always trying to keep it from feeling/looking dry. NOOOOOOOO their hair looks and feels soft. When i took their braids down tonight to re braid the hair was sooooooo easy and soft enough that i could have left them in a braid out. Now what am I gonna do with the Bucket of hair leave-ins I have for this kids, not to mention the Quhmet that came in the mail the day before. I can see this is something that DH doesn't need to know about right now. I'll wait till he compliments the girls hair and then tell him i found a new product (not the price of it though)

So I really like the product but but I'm scared that this 32 ounce jar will not last long. I need to know when this stuff goes on sale! So not only do i see an expensive habit but I already want to get some for my mom (and DD #3 when her braids come out).

After reading up on cleansing conditioners I ran to Sally's to get some hair one. i will alternate between the two for now. I'm not in love with the fig scent but it's not enough of an issue for me not to use it. I do really like the scent of the hair one olive oil.

I'm using wen this weekend and am super excited. i bought a sample packet of the hairone olive oil. it was love. But I decided to get the big bottle of tea tree because I'm having scalp issues. I'm also probably just going to use the hair one after I use up my WEN. The life of a college student does not permit 28$ for a bottle of shampoo/conditioner/leave in.

I'm using wen this weekend and am super excited. i bought a sample packet of the hairone olive oil. it was love. But I decided to get the big bottle of tea tree because I'm having scalp issues. I'm also probably just going to use the hair one after I use up my WEN. The life of a college student does not permit 28$ for a bottle of shampoo/conditioner/leave in.

GIRL, Who you tellin?

I'm already trying to figure out what I'm gonna give up to support this WEN habit! Hey, I dont need to eat out - As long as I can get more Wen. Right?

I got the 32 ounce Fig I just used it and it is my new leave in now. I will use hairone olive oil to wash.

I got the 32 ounce Fig I just used it and it is my new leave in now. I will use hairone olive oil to wash.

So you just use the wen for your leave in? I know a couple ladies use 2 wen/hairones at once but how? Do you not rinse it out like a regular shampoo and just add the other conditioner as the directions say to do or do you rinse out and then add the other conditioner.

So you just use the wen for your leave in? I know a couple ladies use 2 wen/hairones at once but how? Do you not rinse it out like a regular shampoo and just add the other conditioner as the directions say to do or do you rinse out and then add the other conditioner.

I think both are great so far. I usually have build up with my little girls, products every day and a struggle to get to wash hair. Well I put the wen as a leave in, actually alternating days with the hair one. Their hair looks just like I washed it, has no build up it hasn't had that dry poofy look since I started using it. So I want to say it's almost like cleanising without water.

They also stopped running when it's time to do hair.

Back