Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

I used the lavender last night and I am in love again. Since I relaxed, my hair has been acting kinda funny but I think its back to its old self.

I need to finish up this fig though. I am not too too crazy about it. When what I have runs out, I will be reordering the sweet almond and the lavender. Probably work on getting a gallon of the sweet almond.

Of course our hair don't like the FIG!!!:grin: BTW: Your earlier posts made me remember how much I like the sweet almond, now that's back in rotation with the lavender!!

The Lavendar made me shed like CRAZY!!! I wonder why that happens?

I did not get that much great results with Almond Mint and Lavendar. Maybe it is because I need a touch up??? I am going to try again after my touch up.

Still have not tried the Tea Tree or Cucumber.

So far my hair still LOVES:lick::lick: Fig. Eventhough it made me shed too I still love the way my hair felt!!!

I asked this before and no one answered. I brought me some Fig styling Creme. How are you ladies using this???

Thx.

Yall, I love WEN so much that I started co-washing three times a week. It makes my hair that more manageable.

Think I'm gonna jump in & invest in the gallon size of the sweet almond & the styling cream.

Has anyone tried the hair treatment? I don't know if I'm saying it right, but its the product that's used like a deep conditoner. If so, how di it work?

Can anyone tell me how WEN's styling cream compares to hair butters like Qhemet, Hairveda, Mango Butter?

I tried the hair treatment. It was ok by itself. Nothing great... I mixed it with some oils (castor & coconut) and a couple of squirts of WEN regular and my hair feels good. It's soft and clean.

I tried the hair treatment. It was ok by itself. Nothing great... I mixed it with some oils (castor & coconut) and a couple of squirts of WEN regular and my hair feels good. It's soft and clean.

Would you or anyone else buy WEN's styling cream vs. a good hair butter from Qhemet or Hairveda?

Last edited:
i have been using the sweet almond mint cc for 4 days in a row and i just cant stop myself. i want to finish my vo5's first but i just cant stop using it. i love it. im going to use it again tonight. and seal it with vatika frosting.

i have been using the sweet almond mint cc for 4 days in a row and i just cant stop myself. i want to finish my vo5's first but i just cant stop using it. i love it. im going to use it again tonight. and seal it with vatika frosting.

I had the same reaction! I've been co-washing my hair with sweet almond several times a week. I'm gonna order Vatika frosting next.

After experimenting with Hair One (still have the jojoba one to try) I cleansed with and slept with my Almond Mint....lawdy lawdy lawdy :drool: :pant:

I wen'd this morning with the almond mint. I also wen'd for the last few mornings as well. My 16 oz bottle that I just bought is only going to last for maybe another week. Wow :perplexed But I must say that the Almond has become my favorite. My texlaxed hair airdries really nice with it.

i washed my hair today with the wen sweet almond mint and then deep conditioned with dudleys mud mask and rinsed with dudleys cream protein, blowdried and flat ironed and my hair is just swanging like nobody's bidness. it is so soft.

I WEN'd the day before yesterday. I wanted to today but since I'm trying to relax Saturday I decided against it. My grass still feels goot!

I washed my hair today with WEN tea tree conditioner and a little of the fig. I left it on for 30 minutes then washed it out, then re-applied some lavender WEN conditioner as a leave in. My hair feels pretty thick and strong but not as soft as it did when I washed with the Lavendar WEN con. I think so far I do like the Lavender the most. I still use MT/OCT but I haven't been using them as often as when I first started a few months ago because I have been wearing my hair in cornrows 2 -3 weeks at a time for low manipulation purposes at least until December.

Okay,so i got caught up thinking about the price of that Hair one stuff.

I bought it yesterday and used it---and it sucked.

I put some in my dry hair(like i did with Wen when i first tried it)...

I rinsed it out and put some more in during my shower...

Let it sit while i finished up...

When i washed it out,my hair was hard and tangled:nono:
I knew this mess was gonna happen...
I put some watered down Fig Wen in my hair and it was back silky and soft.This is the only reason why i was not pissed as hell.If i had to dc after that,with half my hair in braids,and half down:nono:

I was gonna go ahead and keep it to co-wash w/my braids,because it felt decent going in my hair dry,but i was through after the rinse out.
My hair was coated.My hair will not be clean with that stuff,with cones so high up,and i will still be needing a shampoo...I'm good.
I compared the ingredients at home too.(Yes I know they are posted here,but it felt better to hold them up side-by-side:look:)
They can keep that mess...its going back today.

I'm re-ordering my Wen Fig now.

Okay,so i got caught up thinking about the price of that Hair one stuff.

I bought it yesterday and used it---and it sucked.

I put some in my dry hair(like i did with Wen when i first tried it)...

I rinsed it out and put some more in during my shower...

Let it sit while i finished up...

When i washed it out,my hair was hard and tangled:nono:
I knew this mess was gonna happen...
I put some watered down Fig Wen in my hair and it was back silky and soft.This is the only reason why i was not pissed as hell.If i had to dc after that,with half my hair in braids,and half down:nono:

I was gonna go ahead and keep it to co-wash w/my braids,because it felt decent going in my hair dry,but i was through after the rinse out.
My hair was coated.My hair will not be clean with that stuff,with cones so high up,and i will still be needing a shampoo...I'm good.
I compared the ingredients at home too.(Yes I know they are posted here,but it felt better to hold them up side-by-side:look:)
They can keep that mess...its going back today.

I'm re-ordering my Wen Fig now.
THanks for your post, I was considering trying it, even though I am totally happy with WEN, but after this I am not even going to bother.

I washed my hair today with WEN tea tree conditioner and a little of the fig. I left it on for 30 minutes then washed it out, then re-applied some lavender WEN conditioner as a leave in. My hair feels pretty thick and strong but not as soft as it did when I washed with the Lavendar WEN con. I think so far I do like the Lavender the most. I still use MT/OCT but I haven't been using them as often as when I first started a few months ago because I have been wearing my hair in cornrows 2 -3 weeks at a time for low manipulation purposes at least until December.

Your hair is gorgeous!!!!It is growing like a weed!!

THanks for your post, I was considering trying it, even though I am totally happy with WEN, but after this I am not even going to bother.
I hear ya!
I keep wasting money trying stuff I KNOW I don't need,and this is what I get for it:lachen:

I will be taking that mess back promptly though:yep:

i havent wen'ed in 2 days and i feel like im betraying my love. i just flat ironed my hair on wednsday so im trying to hold off until next week but we will see.

Well the Wen is not working for me the way you guys are using it:nono:
but as a leave-in......:love:
This is great on my hair when its dried, especially the ends. My ends have never felt so moisturized. So all in all this was not a waste.

I'm using my Wen Fig to deep condition after my Ovation rinse right now (with a conditioning cap; but no heat). I love the menthol "warmth" on my scalp.

It got crazy though because I have the Fig, Sweet Almond Mint and the Lavender and I couldn't decide which one to use! :lol: :drunk:

I am about 7 or 8 weeks post relaxer.

Sometimes you have to use alot of the product. I don't like that about it, but I love what it does to my hair. I purchased the hair one and because I had a touch up, I haven't had a chance to use it yet. If I don't like it as much as WEN I'll try to use it as a leave in and see how that goes. The smell of the jojoba reminds me of honeysuckles/jasmine. Not a loud scent though.

Sometimes you have to use alot of the product. I don't like that about it, but I love what it does to my hair. I purchased the hair one and because I had a touch up, I haven't had a chance to use it yet. If I don't like it as much as WEN I'll try to use it as a leave in and see how that goes. The smell of the jojoba reminds me of honeysuckles/jasmine. Not a loud scent though.

Do you use warm water to help distribute better? That's what I do and that helps reduce the amount of Wen I use, but I still get fantastic results.

Oh and I am re-dedicating myself to the Fig. I brings out my natural curl pattern more! :yep: I notice the Sweet Almond Mint makes my hair straighter so I use that when I want a sleek hairstyle.

Well the Wen is not working for me the way you guys are using it:nono:
but as a leave-in......:love:
This is great on my hair when its dried, especially the ends. My ends have never felt so moisturized. So all in all this was not a waste.

I noticed that the WEN fig is working best for me used as a leave-in as well when I mix it with some of my Wave Nouveau moisturizing lotion and Premier rehydrant spray shaken up in a spray bottle. My hair is nice and soft this way.

I'm using my Wen Fig to deep condition after my Ovation rinse right now (with a conditioning cap; but no heat). I love the menthol "warmth" on my scalp.

It got crazy though because I have the Fig, Sweet Almond Mint and the Lavender and I couldn't decide which one to use! :lol: :drunk:

I am about 7 or 8 weeks post relaxer.[/quote]

I'll be exactly 8 weeks post tomorrow too and my new growth is coming in crazy thick. I think I am going to WEN wash my hair right now too and I think I'll use the Lavender and Tea Tree together or Lavender by itself. Don't know yet.

Do you use warm water to help distribute better? That's what I do and that helps reduce the amount of Wen I use, but I still get fantastic results.

Oh and I am re-dedicating myself to the Fig. I brings out my natural curl pattern more! :yep: I notice the Sweet Almond Mint makes my hair straighter so I use that when I want a sleek hairstyle.

Ooooh, this is good to know. I haven't ordered the almond mint as yet but I think I'll save that one for my Christmas gift:yep:, so that means that I'll be getting the large one (32oz size). I might even sneak in a large Lavender and 16oz tea tree then as well.

ETA: Oh my goodness januarynoir, I could kiss you for posting the diluting of the WEN with a little warm water before applying to my wet hair. The WEN (I mixed lavender with tea tree) conditioners distributed so much easier on my hair it was unbelievable and still soft and absolutely lovely. And what's more, I didn't have to use as much as I did the first time I used it. I lost only about 2 maybe 3 hairs I think.

Ladies, if you are not diluting the WEN like this, I recommend that you start now, it could save you some really tall dollars and your hair will still come out nice and soft.

You ladies were right, WEN does get better every single time you use it. I mean it's just downright yummy:lick:, and it literally soften my new growth incredibly. Okay, it's official, I love WEN. I can't wait to get my WEN almond mint conditioner now.

Last edited:
I am really trying to wait until I am close to finishing my fig and tea tree before I order the sweet almond mint. But you all are wearing me down.... Is everyone ordering the Sweet almond from QVC?

I am really trying to wait until I am close to finishing my fig and tea tree before I order the sweet almond mint. But you all are wearing me down.... Is everyone ordering the Sweet almond from QVC?

That's where I get all my WEN from because the shipping cost is wayyy cheaper for me.

If you buy the $30 Sweet Almond Mint set from the Guthy Renker site, how does it take to arrive? I'm thinking about ordering this stuff now that I'm almost out of my other shampoo.

Back