Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

I just used Wen for the first time and this was my experience;

I've got the Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner. I thought it smelled awesome but, the min. I put it on my hair, I wasn't sure if i particularily liked the way it felt. The '' minty '' aspect just seemed overwhelming. It kinda itched my scalp, face and anwhere else it happened to get. As far as my hair goes, it went on really nicely. My hair felt extra soft when I rinsed it out. Out of the shower my hair was still soft and felt very supple and moisturized. My curls feel a tad looser after using it which is a good thing. Overall, I'm satisfied and will surely use all of my Wen but, I am unsure if I will reorder.

Last edited:
This lived up to the hype:grin::grin::grin: for me. I have thick hair and this makes my hair softer and more manageable. I put jojoba and tea tree oil on my scalp. After about an hour I washed my hair with wen and a few drops of rosemary oil. I let it sit for about 20-30 minutes then rinsed it out. Next time I will try it with my hair steamer:)

I just used Wen for the first time and this was my experience;

I've got the Wen Sweet Almond Mind Cleansing Conditioner. I thought it smelled awesome but, the min. I put it on my hair, I wasn't sure if i particularily liked the way it felt. The '' minty '' aspect just seemed overwhelming. It kinda itched my scalp, face and anwhere else it happened to get. As far as my hair goes, it went on really nicely. My hair felt extra soft when I rinsed it out. Out of the shower my hair was still soft and felt very supple and moisturized. My curls feel a tad looser after using it which is a good thing. Overall, I'm satisfied and will surely use all of my Wen but, I am unsure if I will reorder.

You're probably allergic. Be careful. The cucumber aloe did that to me but the almond mint and fig didn't.

I finally used this 2 days ago all I can say is wow!

I have softness, body, shine...Big Hair! My curls are deep from my bantu knots.

I did experience some tingles and itching also, but not too bothersome.

I remember my hair feeling like this many moons ago when using conditioners such as Wella, Vidal Sassoon and Finesse. My hair feels new and I like it.

I will be trying the Sally version to compare, seems like that one is more my budget.

I am glad I tried this!

RZ~

Thanks JN. I'm off to make nice with my WEN.

Oh, I was going to a different site. Never seen this site. I'm too happy now, but I'm also temped to try the Sally's version to save some $.

I don't blame you (re: $)
I don't go to Sally's very often, so I will have to rely on the other ladies and their review for the Sally's version.

I have so much Wen in my house and my boyfriend's it ain't funny. :ohwell:
I could fill a bath tub.

BTW - I used Wen to condition my hair after an indigo gloss last night, air dried and covered my hair and went to bed. This morning my hair was moisturized and WAVY (I'm 6 weeks post). I didn't even comb my hair; just clipped it up and that's how I am wearing it at work right now. :yep:

I :love: Wen.

Did anyone's hair get BIG? :look: Mine is soft but wild. I made the mistake of not scarfing it after washing and allowing it to air dry. My scalp has the "growth itchies" and it's driving me nuts. I was going to relax this weekend but I think I'm going to wait because I've been doing some vigorous massaging.

Did anyone's hair get BIG? :look: Mine is soft but wild. I made the mistake of not scarfing it after washing and allowing it to air dry. My scalp has the "growth itchies" and it's driving me nuts. I was going to relax this weekend but I think I'm going to wait because I've been doing some vigorous massaging.

Yes, my hair gets MASSIVE when I use it. :yep:

yall broke me down.
i ordered the 16oz sweet almond from amazon but it ships from wen and chaz dean or something like that. anyway i was gonna get the 3 6oz kit but i came with the cucumber aloe and some of yall had bad reactions to it so i decided to just get the sweet almond since it seems like it is most moisturizing. i recently went back to co washing daily so i will use this maybe 2-3 times a week.

my hair has been extremely volumnous. It's kind of scary actually :lachen:

Did anyone get a chance to try this? It is supposed to be similar to WEN.

Hair One Hair Cleanser Conditioner is a salon quality sulfate free product that leaves hair cleansed, conditioned and in optimum shape.

Introducing Hair One ... a salon quality product that provides a new all natural approach to hair care and hair detox that leaves hair cleansed, conditioned and in optimum shape. Hair one Cleanser Conditioner has no damaging detergents and harsh chemical; it's made with an elixir of natural herms and oils that clean with astringent and antibacterial properties through a luxurious, penetrating cream without the stripping of detergents, hair is left with remarkable shine, moisture, manageability and polish. With continued use Hair One Cleanser Conditioner will stimulate the scalp, promoting better blood circulation, allowing for healthier hair growth and prevention of hair loss. Available in four formulations. Normal Hair: Designed for normal problem free hair. Color Treated: Prevents premature fading of color. Dry, Damaged: Undos damage from chemical treatments. Dry Scalp: Helps heal scalp damage while restoring suppleness and manageability.
Type
Normal Hair -Cucumber Color Treated Hair - Jojoba Dry Damaged Hair - Olive Oil Dry Scalp - Tea Tree

Sally Item #: SBS-737102
In Stores Only

Professional Price: $9.99 Retail Price: $10.99

I'm a huge PJ....so I've been avoiding this thread like the plague....until I read about this knockoff. LOL

I bought it the other day at Sally's---and have used it twice. I LOVE It!!

At 13 weeks post relaxer, it made my hair soooooo soft and manageable.

I'm now going to order the Wen Sweet Almond Mint and give it a try just to see if the Hair One is close to it.
I would love to have the 'big hair experience'....:grin: on top of the softness.

Nevertheless..I'm still going to stick with the Hair One.

My hair LOVES it!!! :yep:

I'm a huge PJ....so I've been avoiding this thread like the plague....until I read about this knockoff. LOL

I'm now going to order the Wen Sweet Almond Mint and give it a try just to see if the Hair One is close to it.
I would love to have the 'big hair experience'....:grin: on top of the softness.

This is all I needed to hear. I'm off to Sally's this weekend. Which one did you try? Think I'm gonna try the Olive Oil.

Okay how on earth am I gonna get this one. Sally's only sell them in-store only and I live in the Bahamas. This sucks right now:nono:.

Will someone help me get these when I'm ready to order them pretty please?

Okay how on earth am I gonna get this one. Sally's only sell them in-store only and I live in the Bahamas.

Will someone help me get these when I'm ready to order them pretty please?

Okay nobody answered this question, so I'm asking it again. Helloooo???? Anyone???

Okay nobody answered this question, so I'm asking it again. Helloooo???? Anyone???

Now Aggie, you know you can count on me. I've said that to you before. Just PM me when you are ready. Like I said, I don't go to Sally's that often, but I will just to purchase this to try. :yep:

Now Aggie, you know you can count on me. I've said that to you before. Just PM me when you are ready. Like I said, I don't go to Sally's that often, but I will just to purchase this to try. :yep:

I'll help you, sis.

I'm going to pm you now!

Oh you guys make me want to cry:cry2:. Thank you both sooo sooo much. I love love love you all with all my heart:love:. God bless your hearts.

I got your pm N&W, thanks sweetie. There is a wonderful blessing in store for you:yep:.

Uhm:look: Can someone please help me out too??? I just want to try one for now to see if I like it.

I called ALL the Sally's in NY and NONE OF THEM CARRY THIS PRODUCT!!! I could not believe it! :blush: NOT ONE!!!. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Not even in Long Island!!!

Pretty please???:look:

Uhm:look: Can someone please help me out too??? I just want to try one for now to see if I like it.

I called ALL the Sally's in NY and NONE OF THEM CARRY THIS PRODUCT!!! I could not believe it! :blush: NOT ONE!!!. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Not even in Long Island!!!

Pretty please???:look:

Here we are getting all excited about a product and Sally's isn't even stocking it? :perplexed

I'll call before I go.

Hey yall... I finally had a for real true WEN moment... but I'm not sure if it was the WEN... but either way... I liked it. I did my usual first wash of WEN (as I've never been completely thrilled - til today)... Put some extra pumps in and really saturated it. I'm trying to clean out the products in my shower... TOO MANY BOTTLES! It's crowded in there! Anyway... I used up the last of my Aveda Damage Remedy Treatment and slapped it all over the Wen. Washed up, shaved, exfoliated. 10 minutes later washed it out...

My hair was SOOOO soft and like springy... and so SMOOOTH... I'm happy with Wen. I think I'll keep my tea tree... Now I'm kinda sad about selling my lavender.

Hey yall... I finally had a for real true WEN moment... but I'm not sure if it was the WEN... but either way... I liked it. I did my usual first wash of WEN (as I've never been completely thrilled - til today)... Put some extra pumps in and really saturated it. I'm trying to clean out the products in my shower... TOO MANY BOTTLES! It's crowded in there! Anyway... I used up the last of my Aveda Damage Remedy Treatment and slapped it all over the Wen. Washed up, shaved, exfoliated. 10 minutes later washed it out...

My hair was SOOOO soft and like springy... and so SMOOOTH... I'm happy with Wen. I think I'll keep my tea tree... Now I'm kinda sad about selling my lavender.

It sounds like you weren't using enough Wen when you used it before.
In order to get the full effect you must be generous with it! :yep: How many pumps did you use before? I have fine thin hair and I use 50 pumps so if you have coarser, thicker, longer hair you definitely want to use about that or more.

JN.. I was using like a little over 40 pumps... depends... But this WEN is going to be expensive habit... I have a little less than 1/2 left and I haven't even used it nearly every day... I can't afford this habit.. :D

My hair is in my fotki.. I wouldn't call it thick or really coarse.. But I told you I was going to try to make this work.. lol.. I never give up on a good bandwagon... lol.. usually one you are in..lol..

JN.. I was using like a little over 40 pumps... depends... But this WEN is going to be expensive habit... I have a little less than 1/2 left and I haven't even used it nearly every day... I can't afford this habit.. :D

My hair is in my fotki.. I wouldn't call it thick or really coarse.. But I told you I was going to try to make this work.. lol.. I never give up on a good bandwagon... lol.. usually one you are in..lol..

:hug2:
Now you see that you need more if I am using 50 and I don't have nearly as much hair as you!

Just think of the Wen as an investment. I bet that some ladies that say they can't afford Wen can easily find something in their life that they can sacrifice to get some Wen, i.e. one less dinner out once a month and that would pay for a bottle of Wen. :yep: At least I would anyway :yep:

:hug2:
Now you see that you need more if I am using 50 and I don't have nearly as much hair as you!

Just think of the Wen as an investment. I bet that some ladies that say they can't afford Wen can easily find something in their life that they can sacrifice to get some Wen, i.e. one less dinner out once a month and that would pay for a bottle of Wen. :yep: At least I would anyway :yep:

Yes Sir! :lol: Making your own coffee or packing your lunch etc...

If anyone that uses WEN has not found that protein/moisture balance that they have been looking for I might have the solution for you.

For the longest I thought my hair was protein sensitive, and so I have always been light handed with the protein and would moisturize like there was no tomorrow. My hair never become over moisturized, instead it stayed pretty much the same. While I love my WEN, and the moisture it offers I could never get that strength I was looking for out of a any protein treatment/conditioner.

Well, for about a month or so I have been using Nexxus Emergency after I wash with WEN and before I DC with jessicurl and my hair is responding so well to this combination. I have used Nexxus Emergency before and while I really liked it, I'm loving it now! Both of these products together make my hair smooth, moisturized and tangle free. Also, Im losing a lot less hair during the detangling process!!!

So, if you are having any issues with finding that protein moisture balance with WEN, try using Emergencee with it.

BTW, I use Nexxus Emergencee according to the directions. I wash with WEN rinse, apply Nexxus Emergencee for about 3-5 minutes rinse apply a little more WEN rinse, and then Deep Condition.

I tried 'Hair One' Sally's version of WEN. Wasn't impressed at all. I'm WENning for life!!

If anyone that uses WEN has not found that protein/moisture balance that they have been looking for I might have the solution for you.

For the longest I thought my hair was protein sensitive, and so I have always been light handed with the protein and would moisturize like there was no tomorrow. My hair never become over moisturized, instead it stayed pretty much the same. While I love my WEN, and the moisture it offers I could never get that strength I was looking for out of a any protein treatment/conditioner.

Well, for about a month or so I have been using Nexxus Emergency after I wash with WEN and before I DC with jessicurl and my hair is responding so well to this combination. I have used Nexxus Emergency before and while I really liked it, I'm loving it now! Both of these products together make my hair smooth, moisturized and tangle free. Also, Im losing a lot less hair during the detangling process!!!

So, if you are having any issues with finding that protein moisture balance with WEN, try using Emergencee with it.

BTW, I use Nexxus Emergencee according to the directions. I wash with WEN rinse, apply Nexxus Emergencee for about 3-5 minutes rinse apply a little more WEN rinse, and then Deep Condition.

This is exactly why I went out and got two bottles of Emergencee! My hair actually likes that. I have to use it when I don't use my henna glosses.:yep:

Good to know that it works for someone else too!

Back