Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

....boy does it work great the second time around. Detangled soft hair, no itchiness, no buildup and one wash does it all. The longer you leave it in the better it is too for softening and detangling the hair. My hair airdried soft again and had a lot of volume and fullness I have not had in a long time. Definitely HG next to my Aveda Damaged and Dry remedy treatments.

I'm a lavender Wen friend now and I'm glad to hear it gets better. After the first "wash" it was okay (loved the smell and the tingle) but the final results were not remarkable. HOWEVER... I'm also using OCT as a leave-in on my scalp and my new growth gets kinda dry, but I tried Wen on my off-OCT days and its WONDERFUL! :yep: This is a keeper for me! I love my OCT but I needed a good moisturizer. I also place a little bit on my ends as a leave-in and its great. Looking forward to my second Wen wash tonight. :grin:

I just saw the infomercial this morning....and I think I'm going to jump on the bandwagon as soon as I use all my DevaCurl, BUT.........I have to figure out how to incorporate this with my ayurvedic regimen.

:thumbsup: I tried my Sweet Almond Minttoday and it's FAB-U-LOUS!

NO! ILuvsmuhgrass, :catfight:Sweet Almond Mint is my Baby Daddy now! :mmmchocolate:

:lachen:

AWESOME! After using the Sweet Almond Mint CC, Oil and Styling Creme, I airdryed a little, wrapped my hair, let it dry and took it down. ::Copy of 2cool:

:yep: I think you will love it too! :cupidarrow:

Stop it! Stop it! Just Stop it!!!!!! :nono: Now you gonna make me go out and buy Sweet Almond Mint.:grin:

:blush:My WEN Experience:blush:

Well, I Wen'd for the first time tonight. I used FIG.

First I colored my hair black. Then I clarified with AO Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo. After that my hair felt hard and stuff. Then I started to put the FIG in my hair. Let me tell you, as soon as I started massaging it in the back of my hair I felt an instant softness I have not quite felt in a long time!:blush: Then I proceeded to put it all thru my hair and then started feeling the tingle! :grin: Boy I was in WEN HEAVEN!!! :spinning: After that, I went under my Pibbs for 20 min for a DC then went to wash out. Last rinse with cold water. My hair felt like BUTTER :blush: Right now I am air drying and I have no frizz in my hair at all. Even my overprocessed ends look and feel different and my hair is airdrying SOFT!!!:blush: NEVER HAS IT AIRDRIED SOFT LIKE THAT. BELIEVE ME!!! I would have to put 50/11 products in my hair to try and keep it somewhat soft during my airdrying time. I am so impressed!

I am soooooooo happy!!!:grin: Thanks to all the ladies on this thread for giving me the courage to try this. And most of all THANK GOD for guiding me to this thread!!!

I do have to say that I did notice a LOT of shedding. I do not know if it is from the color or the Fig being that a lot of you were complaining about shedding from the Fig. But right now by me running my fingers thru my hair (mind you I am 5 weeks post and able to run my fingers thru my hair without it getting stuck or hair coming out:grin::grin::grin:) I do not see any hair coming out. Oh, and my hair is taking a long time to airdry too. I say this because ever since my was got damaged, it did not take long at all for it to dry. So now I take this experience to believe that my hair is very moisturized!

I want to try other Wens now!!!

Glad you liked it. I think you will find the amount of shedding will diminish in time, it did for me.

I just received the styling cream in the mail today, I got the 4 pack for $81...I forgot how tiny those 6oz bottles are :ohwell: has anyone heard any information on whether they will make larger bottles of the styling cream. It is simply not enough for me AND my daughter...she has enough hair on her head for 3 people. Because of her I already have to purchase 32oz bottle her hair takes 4oz with each use and that's just a light coating :eek: instead of WENing her once a week I may have to drop down to every other week and just cowash her with suave in between. I can get away with 3oz per wash and I only do it once a week.

:scratchch

I broke down and brought the Sweet Almond Mint. My hair air dries kinda hard. I use Mega Tek and let's just say that protein is kicking in.

Using it tomorrow. Will post my results.

WEN Sweet Almond Review...

I think I'm in love yall. I've been reading this thread and honestly, I first thought, not another bandwagon product. I refused to spend the money....initially!

Transitioning to natural and I no longer use regular shampoos on my hair. They strip my alreaday way too dry hair.

Getting down to bizness... Used Wen this morning. Let it sit on my hair for awhile and then I rinsed. The hair in my nape area felt so soft and I hadn't done anything.

Rinsed it out and used a little as a leave in. I noticed immediately that my hair was softer, more supple, shinier, curls were more defined and it was definitely easier to comb.

Loveeeeddd the minty smell and slight tingle on my scalp.

I KNOW for sure that I'm only going to use WEN until next year sometime. I'm thinking that it may help loosen the texture of my hair and Lord knows I need it.

Yep, I'll be pulling out the credit card AGAIN, as this is a keeper.

The true test will be how my hair air dries. If I take out my twists and it's still soft and fluffy... I'm heading straight for the biggest bottle they have.

Two questions...

Does this really cleanse the hair? If not, I don't even care.
What other WEN products work well with the cleanser?

I'm in WEN love. Think I'm gonna WEN-wash more often.

^^^ WEN really does clean the hair. You will notice that you won't see or feel any kind of buildup even if that is the only thing you use.

WEN, really cleanses hair! It's the only cleanser that I have used in my hair in over a year (other then when I go to the salon for touch-ups). I only use the cleanser, however I have used the oil & styling cream with great results.

Wen Is a cleanser it removes any build , I love it,its the only cleanser i will be using on my hair I also use it with a cheap conditioner to make it stretch and my hair still turns out soft detangled moisturized and i also airdry no heat at all LOVE IT.

:lurking:

Trying to resist....

I think I asked this b4 and don't remember getting a response. Does anyone use this and currently have a sew in?

If not, I guess I'll be the guinea pig. I may put this on my Oct wish list.

^^^^When my mom had her sew in I used it on her. I would put the WEN and water in a color applicator bottle and apply it to her dry hair, between the braids and massage it into her scalp, then I will let it sit for a minute or two rinse and repeat. It turned out great!

I think WEN is a keeper for me. Matter of fact, I know it's a keeper for me. My hair doesn't feel like it's my hair. It's softer, more moisturized, etc..

^^^^When my mom had her sew in I used it on her. I would put the WEN and water in a color applicator bottle and apply it to her dry hair, between the braids and massage it into her scalp, then I will let it sit for a minute or two rinse and repeat. It turned out great!

How was the condition of her hair underneath when she took the weave down?

Last edited:
All the while I was using it, I kept thinking... is this stuff really cleaning my hair? I felt as if I were putting lotion on my hair. I know regular conditioner doesn't lather either, but my hair never feels this great and supple with regular condish.

I didn't add any leave ins (only a little WEN) during this wash. I wanna see how my hair acts after it's been air dried with only this product.

Have you ladies stopped buying a bunch of deep conditoners, etc?
I'm thinking I might be GREAT with WEN and my steamer.

Is lavendar just as good as almond mint?

OMG the cucumber aloe styling cream stinks to high heaven....ICK
10.gif
will NOT repurchase :down::nono:

Yodie,I only buy conditioners that are cheap like Dove intense Conditioner or Pantene dc mask to stretch out my Wen It still works WONDERFUL.

All the while I was using it, I kept thinking... is this stuff really cleaning my hair? I felt as if I were putting lotion on my hair. I know regular conditioner doesn't lather either, but my hair never feels this great and supple with regular condish.

I didn't add any leave ins (only a little WEN) during this wash. I wanna see how my hair acts after it's been air dried with only this product.

Have you ladies stopped buying a bunch of deep conditoners, etc?
I'm thinking I might be GREAT with WEN and my steamer.

Is lavendar just as good as almond mint?

I have alot less product now. I have kept it in overnight too and I loved it. The lavender and the almond mint are my two favs and I have tried all but the cucumber aloe.

Even tho' I don't particularly care for the smell of the cucumber aloe styling gel I must admit that it's very moisturizing :up: and my twists are nice and plump and my hair is airdrying verrrrrry soft. :yep: And to my surprise I didn't use very much at all and I squeezed out a little bit per twist. The 6oz jar for the styling gel isn't bad at all I can see now that I will have them for a long time *if* I only use them on my hair and not my daughter's hair. :scratchch

Not too wild about the cucumber aloe. Then again I'm not too crazy about the fig either. I'm going to hold onto it for the winter (I think) and see if it's better for my hair then. Almond mint hands down.

It's official. I love WEN!!! My hair air dried soooo soft. It's even straighter than it usually is. Just yesterday my hair felt so nasty and dry. I can't imagine using another shampoo on my hair. This even feels better than ANY conditioner I've ever used.

I'm officially in love. I've never seen a shampoo or conditioner have this kind of effect on my hair. I can actually see the day where I'll have nice waves and be able to brush my tamed hair down. YAY!!

I can imagine the day where I'll be able to use this as a leave in and pull my hair back. I know this sounds silly to some of yall, but this has been a dream of mine.

WEN veterans....do the results get better with time? Will my hair continue to get straighter, softer and more manageable?

What results do you ladies get from the styling cream/gel?

Back