Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

All the while I was using it, I kept thinking... is this stuff really cleaning my hair? I felt as if I were putting lotion on my hair. I know regular conditioner doesn't lather either, but my hair never feels this great and supple with regular condish.

I didn't add any leave ins (only a little WEN) during this wash. I wanna see how my hair acts after it's been air dried with only this product.

Have you ladies stopped buying a bunch of deep conditoners, etc?
I'm thinking I might be GREAT with WEN and my steamer.

Is lavendar just as good as almond mint?

With a steamer? I bet it will be tremendous! :up:

Not too wild about the cucumber aloe. Then again I'm not too crazy about the fig either. I'm going to hold onto it for the winter (I think) and see if it's better for my hair then. Almond mint hands down.

The fig is the only one I do not use, and I only use the cucumber aloe when I need to remove build-up, however if I use the cucumber on my scalp I always have to follow-up with the lavender or almond mint.

I wish they sold a trio with the lavender, Almond mint and tea tree!!!!

All the while I was using it, I kept thinking... is this stuff really cleaning my hair? I felt as if I were putting lotion on my hair. I know regular conditioner doesn't lather either, but my hair never feels this great and supple with regular condish.

I didn't add any leave ins (only a little WEN) during this wash. I wanna see how my hair acts after it's been air dried with only this product.

Have you ladies stopped buying a bunch of deep conditoners, etc?
I'm thinking I might be GREAT with WEN and my steamer.

Is lavendar just as good as almond mint?

The only other conditioners I buy are Jessicurl too shea & weekly moisturizing treatment.

I condiioned with Sweet Almond Mint yesterday morning and airdried. I used nothing else but Wen as a leave-in and I used the Styling Creme.

It's Monday morning and I've done my hair and it is still soft and moisturized.

I have not used anything on my hair yet!

It's shiny and though I wear a protective style everyday, my hair looks so healthy. Even the grays peeking out at my hairline look shiny.

I'll check back in later with an update.

First off, THANKS to January Noir for hooking a sistah up! :yep:

Used and am officially in love with WEN Lavendar! It was orgasmic for me. :lachen:

The only thing is....my hair shed like CRAZY afterward! Hope that straightens itself out. If the shedding stops, I'm gonna buy the 32 oz.

Chaz needs to stop playing and sell this stuff everywhere.

Last edited:
Thanks for anseering my questions. Can't even express how good it feels to have found my staple cleanser.

What's the main difference between the styling crème and the gel?

I'd like to buy one of these to help keep my twists moisturized.

I'm sitting here at work daydreaming of going home to use my WEN. I may start co-washing twice a week now.

I love MegaTek for growth & WEN for texture, moisture & the overall effect on my hair.

Thank you ladies.

Last edited:
I have used my Sweet Almond Mint about 3 times now and i'm in love all over again. I have my hair in a bun after sealing with olive oil. I'm going to be bunning until Friday so that when I straighten my hair it will be like "kapow!!" from all the moisture and such...well.. at least that is how I see it when I daydream about it :rofl:

It's obvious that I'm new to WEN because I'm asking so many questions.

Which website do you order your WEN products from?
Are the styling gel and the creme the same product? I tried Chaz Dean's website and I didn't see styling gel listed.

I have. :yep: It's good. I like the Fig and Sweet Almond Mint Styling Cremes.
I have the Lavender too and it's just as nice. They all accomplish the same.

Am I confusing the styling creme for a "gel"?
I don't see the styling creme listed separately on any of the sites.
Where did you buy yours?

Does anyone think the oil is a necessity or will any oil serve the same purpose?

Subscribing! I'm new to the boards, but I just ordered the 16oz WEN Fig last week from QVC, I can't wait to try it! :bouncegre My hair is in dire need of some serious moisture.

Am I confusing the styling creme for a "gel"?
I don't see the styling creme listed separately on any of the sites.
Where did you buy yours?

Does anyone think the oil is a necessity or will any oil serve the same purpose?

The Styling Creme has the consistency of a gel.

The oils are not necessary; you can use any oil you have.

I personally love the Wen Oils. The Sweet Almond Mint oil applied on wet body after a shower is to die for.

Now that I think about it, :scratchch I really do love the Wen Bath, Body & Hair Oil.
I just showered and used my Lavender Wen Oil.

I am soft and scented. :yep:

It's obvious that I'm new to WEN because I'm asking so many questions.

Which website do you order your WEN products from?
Are the styling gel and the creme the same product? I tried Chaz Dean's website and I didn't see styling gel listed.

You want the Styling Creme. It has the consistency of a gel.

I condiioned with Sweet Almond Mint yesterday morning and airdried. I used nothing else but Wen as a leave-in and I used the Styling Creme.

It's Monday morning and I've done my hair and it is still soft and moisturized.

I have not used anything on my hair yet!

It's shiny and though I wear a protective style everyday, my hair looks so healthy. Even the grays peeking out at my hairline look shiny.

I'll check back in later with an update.

Still shiny. Still soft. No other product and my hair is still in a protective style. Will Wen again in the morning.

Hmm, this didn't take off for me as I'd liked. I kind of liked my regular stuff better... But I'm still using the fig... (TG I didn't like it that much as that is an expensive habit)... I'm already down to less than 1/2 of the container.

Still got the tea tree to trade/sell if anyone wants it...

Hmm, this didn't take off for me as I'd liked. I kind of liked my regular stuff better... But I'm still using the fig... (TG I didn't like it that much as that is an expensive habit)... I'm already down to less than 1/2 of the container.

Still got the tea tree to trade/sell if anyone wants it...

don't give up on it yet, clarify and use again

Maybe that's it... when I liked it... I clarified before using... but I thought poo was damaging <<especially chelating/clarifying poo>>... am I supposed to be clarifying weekly?

Right now; I just use it as my first wash and then cowash with my other stuff...apply OCT and bun.

Maybe that's it... when I liked it... I clarified before using... but I thought poo was damaging <<especially chelating/clarifying poo>>... am I supposed to be clarifying weekly?

Right now; I just use it as my first wash and then cowash with my other stuff...apply OCT and bun.

You may have a lot of buildup and the Wen can't get in there and do it's thing. If you are cowashing regularly with conditioners i would definitely clarify before using the WEN.

The Styling Creme has the consistency of a gel.

The oils are not necessary; you can use any oil you have.

I personally love the Wen Oils. The Sweet Almond Mint oil applied on wet body after a shower is to die for.

Now that I think about it, :scratchch I really do love the Wen Bath, Body & Hair Oil.
I just showered and used my Lavender Wen Oil.

I am soft and scented. :yep:

You want the Styling Creme. It has the consistency of a gel.

Thanks JN.
I'm definitely going to pick up the styling creme.
Doesn't look like I can order this alone on Chaz Dean's website. Any other sites sell WEN?

Did anyone get a chance to try this? It is supposed to be similar to WEN.

Hair One Hair Cleanser Conditioner is a salon quality sulfate free product that leaves hair cleansed, conditioned and in optimum shape.

Introducing Hair One ... a salon quality product that provides a new all natural approach to hair care and hair detox that leaves hair cleansed, conditioned and in optimum shape. Hair one Cleanser Conditioner has no damaging detergents and harsh chemical; it's made with an elixir of natural herms and oils that clean with astringent and antibacterial properties through a luxurious, penetrating cream without the stripping of detergents, hair is left with remarkable shine, moisture, manageability and polish. With continued use Hair One Cleanser Conditioner will stimulate the scalp, promoting better blood circulation, allowing for healthier hair growth and prevention of hair loss. Available in four formulations. Normal Hair: Designed for normal problem free hair. Color Treated: Prevents premature fading of color. Dry, Damaged: Undos damage from chemical treatments. Dry Scalp: Helps heal scalp damage while restoring suppleness and manageability.
Type
Normal Hair -Cucumber Color Treated Hair - Jojoba Dry Damaged Hair - Olive Oil Dry Scalp - Tea Tree

Sally Item #: SBS-737102
In Stores Only

Professional Price: $9.99 Retail Price: $10.99

OK. I just received my Fig styling cream.

How should I use this with my WEN CCs? How have you ladies been useing this? I read different ways but I am a bit confused.

Hair One Hair Cleanser Conditioner is a salon quality sulfate free product that leaves hair cleansed, conditioned and in optimum shape.

Introducing Hair One ... a salon quality product that provides a new all natural approach to hair care and hair detox that leaves hair cleansed, conditioned and in optimum shape. Hair one Cleanser Conditioner has no damaging detergents and harsh chemical; it's made with an elixir of natural herms and oils that clean with astringent and antibacterial properties through a luxurious, penetrating cream without the stripping of detergents, hair is left with remarkable shine, moisture, manageability and polish. With continued use Hair One Cleanser Conditioner will stimulate the scalp, promoting better blood circulation, allowing for healthier hair growth and prevention of hair loss. Available in four formulations. Normal Hair: Designed for normal problem free hair. Color Treated: Prevents premature fading of color. Dry, Damaged: Undos damage from chemical treatments. Dry Scalp: Helps heal scalp damage while restoring suppleness and manageability.
Type
Normal Hair -Cucumber Color Treated Hair - Jojoba Dry Damaged Hair - Olive Oil Dry Scalp - Tea Tree

In Stores Only

I am defrinitely going to look into this. I'd like to save the $.
Anyone tried this?

Could be lilke a OCT/MT thing.

As Dave Chappelle's impression of Lil Jon, "WHAT?" :grin:

So you and Charmtreese....do you cleanse first and re-apply to DC or do you apply WEN, go under heat, then cleanse? Dooooo tell! :grin:
I do the latter. Saves me on using extra WEN. Actually, I wet my hair, put the WEN on, Sleep with it then wash it out in the morning and rollerset.

Can we say BUTTER BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

Thanks JN.
I'm definitely going to pick up the styling creme.
Doesn't look like I can order this alone on Chaz Dean's website. Any other sites sell WEN?

Yes, you can order it alone on Chaz Dean's site. Here is the link
Scroll down the page to see the Fig, Lavender and Cucumber Aloe scents.

Type

In Stores Only

Now you know you have to order it and come back with a review right? :yep:

Thanks JN. I'm off to make nice with my WEN.

Oh, I was going to a different site. Never seen this site. I'm too happy now, but I'm also temped to try the Sally's version to save some $.

Yes, you can order it alone on Chaz Dean's site. Here is the link
Scroll down the page to see the Fig, Lavender and Cucumber Aloe scents.

Back