Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

I would like to thank those who recommended the Lavender. Not only did the shedding stop, but I think it left my hair more moisturized or something! Gosh this product rocks! Cant wait to wash my hair again!

That is what I'm thinking of doing... I was just thinking that about 30 mins ago when I was thinking dang this ish is just too expensive!:rolleyes:

I feel you no doubt. This is why I try not to cowash every day. My last cowash was on Thursday night. I have been wearing a twistout since Friday. I will probably cowash again on Sunday or Monday. I mean, sometimes I do co wash everyday, but i'm trying to stretch them out when I can. I think you should use that one bottle and use it for a full week just to make sure it will work for you and then after that alternate with your cheapie condish or stretch out the cowashes if you can so you can make that bottle last more than a month.

I would like to thank those who recommended the Lavender. Not only did the shedding stop, but I think it left my hair more moisturized or something! Gosh this product rocks! Cant wait to wash my hair again!

Yeah, the Lavender is the bomb. Im glad it worked for you!!!:yep:

Wellllllllllll, after using this a lil longer I think I like it. I havent been using it exclusively, and once I did an actual shampoo I had much better results. I've also done an overnight conditioning treatment or two. I put twists in my hair tuesday night, normally by now they would be unraveling and the ends would look slightly lighter and dryer, but they still look fab. I havent sprayed them or added any additional moisture or anything. I twisted on soaking wet hair that had a lil oil on the scalp, some wen left in, and some of the ojon. I've been mixing them but I think I like lavender best. I went on ahead and changed the autoship to the cucumber aloe to give me another one to try. They said they couldnt mix and match between the cucumber aloe and the sweet almond mint anymore.

Anyway January Noir, thanks for pushing me over the edge, otherwise I never would have tried this. The changes are subtle, but substantial. I had another leave in like this by summit, called penetrator 37. I cant get it anymore. (And I loved this so much that I ordered a case of it from a beauty supplier and this was years before hair boards :yep: ) As long as I used it my hair looked fab, but once I stopped you could tell. I think the wen will turn out to be like that as well.

OK. I was quite skeptical. But the hair pushas finally won me over.

AND I LOVE IT!
This stuff is amazing. My curls lasted all day and my hair is sooooo soft!
My hair was a dream to comb through - and I'm about 25 weeks post relaxer. I had no problem combing through my new growth and my relaxed hair - and I didn't even pre poo!

I got the 3 pack off the chaz dean site, and as of right NOW, I'm saving all of my change for the next month or three to buy the gallon size.

Wellllllllllll, after using this a lil longer I think I like it. I havent been using it exclusively, and once I did an actual shampoo I had much better results. I've also done an overnight conditioning treatment or two. I put twists in my hair tuesday night, normally by now they would be unraveling and the ends would look slightly lighter and dryer, but they still look fab. I havent sprayed them or added any additional moisture or anything. I twisted on soaking wet hair that had a lil oil on the scalp, some wen left in, and some of the ojon. I've been mixing them but I think I like lavender best. I went on ahead and changed the autoship to the cucumber aloe to give me another one to try. They said they couldnt mix and match between the cucumber aloe and the sweet almond mint anymore.

Anyway January Noir, thanks for pushing me over the edge, otherwise I never would have tried this. The changes are subtle, but substantial. I had another leave in like this by summit, called penetrator 37. I cant get it anymore. (And I loved this so much that I ordered a case of it from a beauty supplier and this was years before hair boards :yep: ) As long as I used it my hair looked fab, but once I stopped you could tell. I think the wen will turn out to be like that as well.

:clap: :up: Another believer, another WEN Friend!
I just placed the 32oz Fig in my QVC shopping cart. I won't click the "buy" button until I've really thought about it :scratchch

Your hair looks beatiful in your avatar :yep: Is it from before or after WEN?

OK. I was quite skeptical. But the hair pushas finally won me over.

AND I LOVE IT!
This stuff is amazing. My curls lasted all day and my hair is sooooo soft!
My hair was a dream to comb through - and I'm about 25 weeks post relaxer. I had no problem combing through my new growth and my relaxed hair - and I didn't even pre poo!

I got the 3 pack off the chaz dean site, and as of right NOW, I'm saving all of my change for the next month or three to buy the gallon size.

Good for you LadyChe! Welcome to the club! WEN is just amazing stuff.
It's so good, I am thinking of putting my OVATION avatar in the closet and pulling out my WEN avatar! :scratchch

Yall, i've had the 32oz bottle for 3wks and 2days, didn't do cowashes everyday and i'll be out of product in like 1 or 2 more washes max :perplexed What is I'm gon' do???

:clap: :up: Another believer, another WEN Friend!
I just placed the 32oz Fig in my QVC shopping cart. I won't click the "buy" button until I've really thought about it :scratchch

Your hair looks beatiful in your avatar :yep: Is it from before or after WEN?

Awww thanx! It's pre-wen, from last year some time. I think I had flat ironed to check length (and because I had gotten some really cute hair clips off ebay. :yep: ) I don't remember if that was around the time I was experimenting with henna or not, but I havent henna'd in quite a while. It's been cut a few times since then and I've got it in two strand twists right now.

OK, this is what I have to say. I used Wen (tea tree) last night for the first time. It was the strangest thing I ever saw. My hair afterwards was the THICKEST it ever looked! OMG, my hair has always been full but has NEVER looked so full after a wash.:blush: I swear, I had so much hair that couldn't even roll it! :lachen:It was all over the place. I remember that he claims that the system adds volume but WOW...I wasn't expecting that. The only downside was the smell. :barf: It smelled like an old musty basement. The smell did wear off after my hair dried. I'm gonna get the lavendar to use after the teatree to calm the smell.

Thin haired women need to try this stuff out.

Last edited:
OK, this is what I have to say. I used Wen (tea tree) last night for the first time. It was the strangest thing I ever saw. My hair afterwards was the THICKEST it ever looked! OMG, my hair has always been full but has NEVER looked so full after a wash.:blush: I swear, I had so much hair that couldn't even roll it! :lachen:It was all over the place. I remember that he claims that the system adds volume but WOW...I wasn't expecting that. The only downside was the smell. :barf: It smelled like an old musty basement. The smell did wear off after my hair dried. I'm gonna get the lavendar to use after the teatree to calm the smell.

Okay......I don't like you. WHY DO YALL KEEP DOING THIS TO ME!!!!!:lachen:

This is exactly why I use it and why I promote WEN so much. I fall into this category and my hair looks, feels and behaves like I have much thicker hair. The combination therapy of henna/indigo, OVATION Maximizing System and WEN has my hair looking better than it has since I take care of my own hair. :drunk:

Okay......I don't like you. WHY DO YALL KEEP DOING THIS TO ME!!!!!:lachen:

Gym, I'm telling you...I was like :blush:...it was so thick and full that it was actually hard to manage. It's unbelieveable.

This is exactly why I use it and why I promote WEN so much. I fall into this category and my hair looks, feels and behaves like I have much thicker hair. The combination therapy of henna/indigo, OVATION Maximizing System and WEN has my hair looking better than it has since I take care of my own hair. :drunk:

Yes, it's definitely volumizing. Unlike anything I've ever used. :yep: I can imagine after months of use how my hair will look.

Me neither!!!! Dang it!!!! I WANT TO TRY THIS! :look:

ok... if I thin down my arsenal... maybe I can justify replacing a few things. :grin:

I felt the same way. I just went ahead and took the leap. :yep:

OK....you know you ladies are dead wrong, right!?! :nono: I have been fighting this WEN itch for the longest now. A sista needs to stick to a budget...but thats just about out the window.

Well...my birthday is next month...that's justification enough right???:blush:

OK....you know you ladies are dead wrong, right!?! :nono: I have been fighting this WEN itch for the longest now. A sista needs to stick to a budget...but thats just about out the window.

:yep:...definitely.

:wow: ladies I have always watched the infomercial on TV, wanting to order it and looking at the cost of it, wanting to order, and looking at the cost of it, wanting to order and looking attt the cossssttttt!
DON'T make me......dooo......this....(resisting) wrrrrr.......nooo......I want it....
wrrrrrr...
You ladies are so convincing, this is a description of y'all and me: :chocbunny:
Noooooooooo... stop.....:help2:
:seesaw:
:lol: I will survive yeah yeah :creatures

I want it:grin:!
Zanna

Last edited:
Ok Ladies.... which Wen con is best for what?

I'm no expert so here is the info from QVC's site:

PROBLEM / SOLUTION

Fine hair? Start with WEN by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

Dry, sensitive scalp? Start with WEN by Chaz Dean Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner

Fine hair, but dry and damaged? Start with Chaz Dean Lavender Cleansing Condtioner

Dry, dehydrated or damaged hair?
Start with WEN by Chaz Dean Fig Cleansing Conditioner

Oily scalp and dry hair? Start with WEN by Chaz Dean Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioner

Coarse, wavy or curly hair? Start with WEN by Chaz Dean Fig Cleansing Conditioner

Need moisture and volume? Start with WEN by Chaz Dean Lavender Cleansing Conditioner

Tip from Chaz: Use more conditioner, leave it on your hair longer, and rinse thoroughly. The more you do, the better your results will be!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Application Tips

Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

A universal cleanser created to cleanse, nourish, moisturize, and strengthen the hair. Ideal for fine to medium hair.

Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner
Due to its medicinal properties, it's formulated for those with sensitive, dry scalps. Tea tree works exceptionally well on those with medium to coarse, wavy to curly, and ethnic hair.

Fig Cleansing Conditioner
A universal cleanser. Due to its rich, dense consistency, it's formulated to strengthen and hydrate hair. Ideal for dry, color-treated, heat-damaged, medium to coarse, wavy to curly, and ethnic hair.

Sweet Almond Mint Styling Crème
Provides moisture, shine, and body all in one product. Eliminates the need for leave-in conditioners, polishing glosses, and gels.

Sweet Almond Mint Texture Balm
A finishing product designed to give hair definition, separation, and texture. This pomade stick can be used on the mid-shaft and ends, or just on specific pieces.

Sweet Almond Mint Oil – Bath, Body & Hair
Soothes, relaxes, and moisturizes the body. Adds sheen and moisture to hair. Massage gently to help stimulate the scalp.

Tea Tree Oil – Bath, Body & Hair
Contains medicinal properties to help rejuvenate, revive, and replenish your skin. Moisturizes and stimulates hair.

Fig Oil – Bath, Body & Hair
Contains blended oils to help soften, replenish, and revitalize your body. Adds shine and moisture to hair. The heavenly aroma is vibrant, rich, and extremely moisturizing, providing a blissful experience with every drop. After rinsing, apply one capful of WEN Bath, Body & Hair Oil to your body before drying off.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wen Suggestion List

FINE TO MEDIUM TEXTURE HAIR
Cleanse with 12 – 16 pumps of Sweet Almond Mint or Fig Cleansing Conditioner. Apply 1 – 2 pumps of Sweet Almond Mint or Fig Cleansing Conditioner as a leave-in conditioner. Apply 1 - 2 pumps of Sweet Almond Mint Styling Crème and style as desired.

MEDIUM TO THICK/COARSE HAIR
Cleanse with 16 – 20 pumps of Tea Tree or Fig Cleansing Conditioner. Apply 1 – 2 pumps of Tea Tree or Fig Cleansing Conditioner to wet hair after cleansing as a leave-in conditioner. Apply 1 – 2 pumps of Sweet Almond Mint Styling Crème and style as desired.

MEDIUM TO THICK/COARSE HAIR (to be worn curly)
Cleanse with 16 – 20 pumps of Tea Tree or Fig Cleansing Conditioner. Apply 2 – 4 pumps of Tea Tree or Fig Cleansing Conditioner (mixed with a few drops of WEN Bath, Body & Hair Oil) to wet hair after cleansing as a leave-in conditioner. Mix 4 – 8 strokes of Sweet Almond Mint Texture Balm with 2 – 3 pumps of Sweet Almond Mint Styling Crème in palm and distribute evenly through wet hair. Let hair air-dry or use a diffuser.

I have been fighting it for over a year!!!!

I got the gallon of the lavender WEN a while ago and it is worth every penny! I suggest that all of the WEN friends pick themselves up a gallon and just get it over with!!:grin: Yes, I need a new furnace...but it ain't cold outside yet!:look:
You know I have been wanting this every since we talked about it last year. It's a shame I have been fighting the PJ bug that long and enters this thread it's nagging at me again. :poke:
Maybe your sexy hair will stop some big strapping Strong man to help you with your bags:look::lachen:

Seriously though, I might not try mine, I am afraid.
And I am still waiting to hear you review missy.

Fab...Your other thread had me shaking in my boots and scratching like a crack-head!! You made it all sound like it was warmly calling my name. Teeeee.....Teeeee...Teee baby.......Teeee :poke:

Fab...Your other thread had me shaking in my boots and scratching like a crack-head!! You made it all sound like it was warmly calling my name. Teeeee.....Teeeee...Teee baby.......Teeee :poke:

:poke: Come oooonnn Teeee... you know you want it...:grin:
:lachen:

I have been fighting it for over a year!!!!

You know I have been wanting this every since we talked about it last year. It's a shame I have been fighting the PJ bug that long and enters this thread it's nagging at me again. :poke:

And I am still waiting to hear you review missy.

I'm feenin for my next bottle Tee cuz i'm fresh out :perplexed

Back