Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

I'm loving my Wen Line. The styling creme is good for air dying and sets. I like the texture creme for smoother buns and keeping my ends soft. Wen is replacing everything I've benn using.

Man this thread blew up!I am almost finished up with my 16oz fig cc that i have had for about 3 weeks:ohwell:

I'm getting the 32 oz on friday,because i cannot be without this.

has anyone else made the "Refresher Spray" from the pamphlet?:lick::lick::lick:

Yup, this is what I use to keep my hair wet while rollersetting. :yep:

My review of the Tea Tree cleansing conditioner....When I applied it my head felt cool, sorta tingly (I like that feeling :yep:) my hair also had a LOT of slip :up: I left it in overnight with a baggy, when I rinsed it out this morning my hair looked and felt verrryy thick :eek: (that's a good thing). So far the tea tree gets 2 :up: The smell....:perplexed

Next up tonight.....Lavendar. :grin:

Man this thread blew up!I am almost finished up with my 16oz fig cc that i have had for about 3 weeks:ohwell:

I'm getting the 32 oz on friday,because i cannot be without this.

has anyone else made the "Refresher Spray" from the pamphlet?:lick::lick::lick:

I didn't get the pamphlet. How do you make the spray?

My review of the Tea Tree cleansing conditioner....When I applied it my head felt cool, sorta tingly (I like that feeling :yep:) my hair also had a LOT of slip :up: I left it in overnight with a baggy, when I rinsed it out this morning my hair looked and felt verrryy thick :eek: (that's a good thing). So far the tea tree gets 2 :up: The smell....:perplexed

Next up tonight.....Lavendar. :grin:

ITA with the tea tree review! I'm thinking of getting the Lavendar next...

Not sure off the top of my head,but it think its 4 pumps of wen cc,2 drops of oil(wen oil,but i used my own),it also calls for the wen texture/styling cream,which i don't have,and warm water.
Sorry its not more detailed.I'll update when i get to the pamphlet.Maybe someone has it on hand?

when did this thread blow up
I know now with all these rave reviews Im just going to have to try this.

I am completely smitten by the WEN care conditioner cleanser. I am ready to give away/seel all my other conditioners because I really don't want to use them any more since discovering WEN. This is honestly the most efective conditioner/cleanser that I have ever used. It is worth every penny. I will probably get the gallon sized jug next. That's my review.

From my earlier post in this thread...

Create a Refresher Spray (Good idea right here!) :yep:
In a 6oz spray bottle mix 4 pumps of WEN Cleansing Conditioner, 2-4 drops of WEN Oil and 2 pumps of Sweet Almond Mint (or your favorite scent)Styling Crème. Use warm water initially to help mix ingredients and shake well before each use.

From my earlier post in this thread...

Create a Refresher Spray (Good idea right here!) :yep:
In a 6oz spray bottle mix 4 pumps of WEN Cleansing Conditioner, 2-4 drops of WEN Oil and 2 pumps of Sweet Almond Mint (or your favorite scent)Styling Crème. Use warm water initially to help mix ingredients and shake well before each use.

I created this spray and it's good for a mist while roller setting too.

I created this spray and it's good for a mist while roller setting too.

Charmtreese swears by this too. I said I was going to make it, but I haven't yet. I haven't done a rollerset since the last time (too lazy), but dang it.. I will just so I can try this. When I did the last rollerset, it was after using the Wen conditioner and it made my hair oh so soft and bouncy, thick and lush!

Charmtreese swears by this too. I said I was going to make it, but I haven't yet. I haven't done a rollerset since the last time (too lazy), but dang it.. I will just so I can try this. When I did the last rollerset, it was after using the Wen conditioner and it made my hair oh so soft and bouncy, thick and lush!

Yeah, today I did a flex rod set using only Wen products. I use the conditioner to wash and as a leave-in. Then I use my mist and Wen styling creme to set my hair on the rods. My curls are so soft and fluffy that I cant stop touching my hair. I dont know how long my curls will last because my hair dried soft not firm like it does with regular styling foam. I also have the texture creme to use for frizz control.

Dang doesn't anybody have anything BAD to say about this stuff? that way I won't be tempted to buy it!!

There are a few people that don't like it or think it is just OK and don't think the price point is good.

But for the most part, most people who try it really, really like it.

Okay....I tried the Tea Tree last night and it felt soooo Good! I woke up and did it again :lol:

For starters, this stuff is THICK! Much thicker than you would expect.

The scents are strong but I actually didn't mind that much. The tea tree really stimulated my scalp, even long after I rinsed it out.

I used 12 pumps to start off with and then added 3 more pumps for extra coverage in some areas. I slapped on a plastic cap for the duration of my shower and then rinsed it out. My hair felt very soft when rinsing and my scalp felt very calm and refreshed.

I used a little for the leave in and while my hair has airdried smooth, it isn't as soft as I expected. I am not worring about that though considering I just started to use it and for most products, you need to use them consistently for maximum benefis.

I plan on using it again on Monday and I will rollerset it then so I can see how my hair looks with my usual styling.

I know people still hesitate on the price but you really only need this one product. Plus, if you do an ounce by ounce comparison of some of your other stuff, you might be suprised to find that the differences isn't as crazy as you thought it would be. Considering that I used to get my hair done twice a month at 25-30 bucks a pop, spending 50 bucks for enough product for a over a month isn't asking too much.

BTW....Anyone using the styling cream?

I'm trying to figure out if I like anything about the Lavendar other than the smell (which smells nice btw)...I guess it makes a pretty good leave in. :look:

Up next.....FIG.

Okay....I tried the Tea Tree last night and it felt soooo Good! I woke up and did it again :lol:

For starters, this stuff is THICK! Much thicker than you would expect.

The scents are strong but I actually didn't mind that much. The tea tree really stimulated my scalp, even long after I rinsed it out.

I used 12 pumps to start off with and then added 3 more pumps for extra coverage in some areas. I slapped on a plastic cap for the duration of my shower and then rinsed it out. My hair felt very soft when rinsing and my scalp felt very calm and refreshed.

I used a little for the leave in and while my hair has airdried smooth, it isn't as soft as I expected. I am not worring about that though considering I just started to use it and for most products, you need to use them consistently for maximum benefis.

I plan on using it again on Monday and I will rollerset it then so I can see how my hair looks with my usual styling.

I know people still hesitate on the price but you really only need this one product. Plus, if you do an ounce by ounce comparison of some of your other stuff, you might be suprised to find that the differences isn't as crazy as you thought it would be. Considering that I used to get my hair done twice a month at 25-30 bucks a pop, spending 50 bucks for enough product for a over a month isn't asking too much.

BTW....Anyone using the styling cream?

Thanks for the review GymFreak :grin:
The ounce by ounce comparison is good to know. People who are not game on the price point of this product need to know this so they can make an informed purchase.

I've tried the Styling Creme and it's OK. I also have the Texture Balm and it shines up the hair nicely but it creates spikes and volume on my SOs hair better and he has straight non-curly hair. So far out of all Chaz Dean's Wen liine the Cleansing Conditioner is the best performer.

Has anyone tried the hair mask? I went to the official
web site to order, but it's expensive enough to give me
pause without hearing reviews.

Okay, I used it again last night. School starts on Monday so I needed to get a rollerset in so I can be super cute for the first day back. I decided to use the Lavender and I left in overnight. I rinsed this morning, added a pump for leave in, and set it on purple and red rollers. I sprayed my whole head with Paul Mitchell Heat protection spray and sat under the dryer.

Now, My hair is soft and it smells really good. The softness isn't remarkable, I get hair just as soft with some of my other products but the thing is that I only used 1 thing. No mixing 2 conditioners, no added oil, no 50-11 leave-ins and foam wrap....Just the WEN. That is why I am excited. It really can eliminate 95% of your product stash.

I have 32oz bottles of the Lavender, Fig, Tea Tree, and the Sweet Almond so I will get through atleast half of all of it before I make my final decisions. I will say though that NO other conditioner cleans like this. I have used tons of stuff for cowashes and this is the only thing that leaves my hair just as clean as shampoo.

Has anyone tried the hair mask? I went to the official
web site to order, but it's expensive enough to give me
pause without hearing reviews.

Yes, Coffee has and I have. In my opinion, it's not worth the price unless you are a collector of Wen products like myself. I like the product, but one can do without and use that $72 to buy more Cleansing Conditioner.

The Cleansing Conditioner all by itself, can give you the best results. Use the Cleansing Conditoner as a deep conditioner leaving it on for more than an hour or even overnight while sleeping. :yep:

Okay, I used it again last night. School starts on Monday so I needed to get a rollerset in so I can be super cute for the first day back. I decided to use the Lavender and I left in overnight. I rinsed this morning, added a pump for leave in, and set it on purple and red rollers. I sprayed my whole head with Paul Mitchell Heat protection spray and sat under the dryer.

Now, My hair is soft and it smells really good. The softness isn't remarkable, I get hair just as soft with some of my other products but the thing is that I only used 1 thing. No mixing 2 conditioners, no added oil, no 50-11 leave-ins and foam wrap....Just the WEN. That is why I am excited. It really can eliminate 95% of your product stash.

I have 32oz bottles of the Lavender, Fig, Tea Tree, and the Sweet Almond so I will get through atleast half of all of it before I make my final decisions. I will say though that NO other conditioner cleans like this. I have used tons of stuff for cowashes and this is the only thing that leaves my hair just as clean as shampoo.

Great! Gym, try it without using any other brand of product. In other words eliminate the Paul Mitchell and use the Wen Styling Creme or just use more Wen as a leave in. The Wen Styling Creme is the Wen heat protectorent. (did I spell that right?)

Back