Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

My hair is soooo soft now after using this AtlJJ, I promise :grin: I would say use it for about 2 weeks or so, and if you don't like it return it. And like you, almost EVERYTHING dries my hair out.

My 3 staples are now:

Pantened Relaxed and Natchal Mask
Wen Fig
Burts Bees baby shampoo
Herbal Essence LTR Conditioner
Sunsilk Frizz leave in stuff (I forgot the name :blush:)

my hair is like this too. After I have tried my giovanni and shescentit products, I will order the ethnic 3 pack and see how it works for my hair.

Yeah, I did! I mentioned it in another post not sure if it was this thread or not. I no longer use the fig (unless it's a couple of pumps in my water bottle), the tea tree and lavender work best for me. The tea tree really gets your scalp in great conditioner and the lavender is ubber moisturizing. These two together are an awesome combo.
Good tip, because my scalp is picky...it likes to be clean and I know that tea tree will do the trick for me every time! My hair on the other hand does not want to be stripped. It makes sense to use a combo,

My hair is soooo soft now after using this AtlJJ, I promise :grin: I would say use it for about 2 weeks or so, and if you don't like it return it. And like you, almost EVERYTHING dries my hair out.

My 3 staples are now:

Pantened Relaxed and Natchal Mask
Wen Fig
Burts Bees baby shampoo
Herbal Essence LTR Conditioner
Sunsilk Frizz leave in stuff (I forgot the name :blush:)
Well alright then because you were not too impressed at first :laugh: Now I'm impressed :grin:

JN I had a WEN relaspe last week. I wasn't able to do my 2x weekly routine, cause hubby and I were out cruising to the Bahamas! I'm going to make up for it this week though! I did use Ojon condish, since I had a small container of it. I don't know if it was the Bahama/Florida humidity, but my hair felt pretty good after using it. Not to fear, I'm not letting my WEN get away from me....ever!!

Hmmm, I think the fig fragrance may take some getting used to :perplexed, but I will give it a try in the morning!

Whoo hoo!!! My package arrived today :) Will try it out in the morning...

I got mine yesterday too! I'm excited to try it out. The tea tree was so strong that I could smell it through the box! I thought some had spilled but the bottles were intact. Now I'm scurred. :look:

I got mine yesterday too! I'm excited to try it out. The tea tree was so strong that I could smell it through the box! I thought some had spilled but the bottles were intact. Now I'm scurred. :look:

I was too lazy to drag myself out the bed early enough to cw this morning, lol, so I just used the oil. I notice just by sniffing the bottle the that scent is lighter in the conditioner than the oil. I did try the oil, while it was very strong at first, I find that it lightens up a little and not as "loud" as I initially thought. It doesn't smell bad...just appeared to be strong. I haven't seen the scent as a big complaint yet among the users, so maybe it's not as strong on the hair as it seems bottled up. I'm still anxious to use it, I never used pure jojoba oil before, it's actually very light and nice!

I had my friend (relaxed who I'm trying to help get her hair back in shape) order some late friday night and her package arrived yesterday as well! Now THAT'S quick!

I was too lazy to drag myself out the bed early enough to cw this morning, lol, so I just used the oil. I notice just by sniffing the bottle the that scent is lighter in the conditioner than the oil. I did try the oil, while it was very strong at first, I find that it lightens up a little and not as "loud" as I initially thought. It doesn't smell bad...just appeared to be strong. I haven't seen the scent as a big complaint yet among the users, so maybe it's not as strong on the hair as it seems bottled up. I'm still anxious to use it, I never used pure jojoba oil before, it's actually very light and nice!

Oh ok...yeah, from the reviews I've read the smell does go away after your hair dries.

I suggest clarifying before you use your WEN so you can get all the goodness it has. I made a mistake and didn't and then last week, i clarified and WEN'd and my hair starting singing and it felt sooooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooood.

I suggest clarifying before you use your WEN so you can get all the goodness it has. I made a mistake and didn't and then last week, i clarified and WEN'd and my hair starting singing and it felt sooooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooood.

Hmmm...gotta find a natural clarifier...really trying to limit my shampoo usage. Maybe a vinegar rinse with herbal infusion (since I have all these loose herbs to use up, lol). Maybe a baking soda one? I'll figure it out, lol.

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
Hmmm...gotta find a natural clarifier...really trying to limit my shampoo usage. Maybe a vinegar rinse with herbal infusion (since I have all these loose herbs to use up, lol). Maybe a baking soda one? I'll figure it out, lol.

Thanks for the tip!

:look:

Vinegar does not clarify. Baking soda will clarify most products, assuming there isn't a lot of silicone buildup - that'll require a proper shampoo.

:look:

Vinegar does not clarify. Baking soda will clarify most products, assuming there isn't a lot of silicone buildup - that'll require a proper shampoo.

Really? I thought I've read/heard that it gently helps remove oil and build up as well as quite a few other benefits. Either way, I'll probably incorporate the rinse since I need to use up the herbs in some way, lol. I will give baking soda a shot, I don't think I have a build up problem.

Thanks!

Really? I thought I've read/heard that it gently helps remove oil and build up as well as quite a few other benefits. Either way, I'll probably incorporate the rinse since I need to use up the herbs in some way, lol. I will give baking soda a shot, I don't think I have a build up problem.

Thanks!

Oils, yes. Dirt, yes. But I consider that cleaning, not clarifying, ya know? It'll remove butters, etc, but any stubborn products - not so much.

Ladies, I got my Wen Fig cleansing conditioner in the mail today. And yes I tried it right away. The smell is overwhelming, but I love it, it tingles in my scalp and really just makes me feel like I've been to a spa to have a hair treatment on my scalp. And yes my hair is so soft. I love it. Thanks for all the wonderful reviews because I would have never tried it if it weren't for LHCf ladies. :grin:
Nat

Ladies, I got my Wen Fig cleansing conditioner in the mail today. And yes I tried it right away. The smell is overwhelming, but I love it, it tingles in my scalp and really just makes me feel like I've been to a spa to have a hair treatment on my scalp. And yes my hair is so soft. I love it. Thanks for all the wonderful reviews because I would have never tried it if it weren't for LHCf ladies. :grin:
Nat

this is great to hear. I have it on my to buy list for next month.

i just got my lavender today!! yall know i was pressed for this bad boy cause i had it delivered to my job. my postal people suck major monkey balls and i wasn't waiting till sat to go pick it up. ok so im sitting here at work staring at the box. so i open it up and smell it. OMG that smell is skrong!! and nothing like what i was anticipating. smells kinda menthol-y. not really feeling that. i done gotten spoiled by the aromatic goodness of my other conditioners. all that can be forgiven if it makes my hair feel like goodness incarnate. now im debating if i should go home and test it out tonight or wait until tomorrow's cowash.

I just got my Fig in the mail yesterday from QVC. I used it in my hair last night, finished with a small amount as a leave-in, with a little of the styling creme and my hair feels really good and soft today. I also have the Sweet Almond Mint too. The Sweet Almond Mint is more bodifing and the Fig is more moisturizing but I like both. Lavender is next on my list. I'm an official Wen girl now :D

Ok, so I FINALLY used my products this morning and I was definitely pleased. I loved how thick the conditioner was and the cooling/refreshing feeling it gave my hair. My hair felt clean after rinsing and soft. Also the scent is not bad at all, for both conditioner and the oil. It faded considerably.

I only used one pump of the conditioner and one squirt of the oil for leave in to start with, but I think my hair could stand to handle a little more. Can't wait to see the effects after repeated usage.

ok so i was finna be P-Oed. I was so pressed to use it the next morning for my co wash. I used it (i was amped at how thick the conditioner is) but i put it on my hair and it felt real gunky. like gross. my hair did not feel clean and there wasn't much slippage. half way through the day i realized (yes I had been thinking about it all day cause i was pissed off). I had ojon on my hair from the night before as a pre-poo and realized i hadn't washed it off. so this morning i actually washed my hair before i used it and it felt completely different!! that menthol-y smell was burning the hairs out my nose but i absolutely ADORED the tingly feeling on my scalp. and washing that bad boy out my hair had it feeling like straight butta. i haven't tried using it as a leave in cause of the methol smell but im enjoying it.

Nat
:wallbash: :wallbash: Arrrgghhh!!!!!! I JUST ordered it! I wanted to hold off but couldn't help myself! :grin:

ok so i was finna be P-Oed. I was so pressed to use it the next morning for my co wash. I used it (i was amped at how thick the conditioner is) but i put it on my hair and it felt real gunky. like gross. my hair did not feel clean and there wasn't much slippage. half way through the day i realized (yes I had been thinking about it all day cause i was pissed off). I had ojon on my hair from the night before as a pre-poo and realized i hadn't washed it off. so this morning i actually washed my hair before i used it and it felt completely different!! that menthol-y smell was burning the hairs out my nose but i absolutely ADORED the tingly feeling on my scalp. and washing that bad boy out my hair had it feeling like straight butta. i haven't tried using it as a leave in cause of the methol smell but im enjoying it.

The scent goes away as the hair dries and for most people using WEN, you come to love the scent. At least it happened to me. I love using it as a leave-in with the oil. It's top shelf! :up:

Ok, so I FINALLY used my products this morning and I was definitely pleased. I loved how thick the conditioner was and the cooling/refreshing feeling it gave my hair. My hair felt clean after rinsing and soft. Also the scent is not bad at all, for both conditioner and the oil. It faded considerably.

I only used one pump of the conditioner and one squirt of the oil for leave in to start with, but I think my hair could stand to handle a little more. Can't wait to see the effects after repeated usage.

Great! :up: I know you are going to need more than one pump of the CC and oil as a leave-in.

I use 3-4 pumps with a 1/2 a dropper-ful of the oil or more and I have .25 the amount of hair you have! :lachen:

I use Ojon Restorative treatment as a daily leave-in and only WEN 1-2 X's a week. What I do is Rinse for like a minute before I apply WEN. The directions also suggest that you rinse before applying the product to your hair. :yep:

I am just about finished with my Fig (16oz) and have 3/4 of the Lavender left so I just ordered another Fig. I also broke down and bought the Texture Balm. I thought it might be good for Wash 'n' Goes.

Just sharing a personal observation...
My hair stays wet.... :lachen:

Before LHCF I got my hair done maybe 1x week or 2x a month (by my hairstylist). But now, since I do my own hair (except for touchups) I live in the shower.

I am always doing something with my hair, even if it's just wetting it, 7 days a week and some days it's 2x a day (especially when I reach 6-7 weeks post relaxer).

Oh, I wear protective styles daily... except for special ocassions.

Yall know I was the BIGGEST critic because nothing ever works for my hair. But the Wen Fig is the truth. My hair STAYS soft. I am not kidding. And I got some rough stuff. Old Wen heads should I try the Lavendar next time? I am going to be done with my 320z bottle in about 2 weeks. I will only try the lavendar if it is as moisturizing as the fig.

My only 1 dislike about this product is the price and how long it lasts. I am trying to stick to cowashing every other day to save my bottle because it's pricey for me. But man, the softness and conditioning I get is incredible. They need to make bigger bottles....

Yall know I was the BIGGEST critic because nothing ever works for my hair. But the Wen Fig is the truth. My hair STAYS soft. I am not kidding. And I got some rough stuff. Old Wen heads should I try the Lavendar next time? I am going to be done with my 320z bottle in about 2 weeks. I will only try the lavendar if it is as moisturizing as the fig.

My only 1 dislike about this product is the price and how long it lasts. I am trying to stick to cowashing every other day to save my bottle because it's pricey for me. But man, the softness and conditioning I get is incredible. They need to make bigger bottles....

I was waiting on your review. I have some but I haven't used it yet:hide:

Back