Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

Hrrrm.

Does anyone have a link to the full ingredient list for all of his products? :look: I've worked my google magic, but all I'm seeming to find is the Sweet Almond stuff....

FIG
Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Fig Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alochol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyze Wheat Protein, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Menthol, Sweet Almond Oil, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Methlisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Essential Oils.

LAVENDER
Water, Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Lavender Oil, Lavender Extract, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Witch Hazel, Ceteareth-20, Sweet Almond Oil, Menthol, Avocado Oil,
PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid.

FIG
Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Fig Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alochol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyze Wheat Protein, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Menthol, Sweet Almond Oil, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Methlisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Essential Oils.

LAVENDER
Water, Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Lavender Oil, Lavender Extract, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Witch Hazel, Ceteareth-20, Sweet Almond Oil, Menthol, Avocado Oil,
PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid.

:bighug:

Thank you JN!!!

Okay, it looks like they all haves cones in it - low on the list, but still..... :scratchch Hrmmmm. I might have to try one of those combo packs.... :lol:

:bighug:

Thank you JN!!!

Okay, it looks like they all haves cones in it - low on the list, but still..... :scratchch Hrmmmm. I might have to try one of those combo packs.... :lol:

Just for you JustKiya! :kiss:
I love the stuff, but my hair isn't as thick and lush as yours :ohwell:

Here are the emails I wrote to chaz dean studios last October regarding Cones in their products:

-----Original Message-----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:15 pm
Subject: Product Build-up

I have type 4a/b hair and I've been using the WEN fig cleansing conditioner and Sweet almond mint styling creme for the past month or so. I adore both products very much, but I do have some concern with build-up because of the silicones in the products. Do you suggest I clarify when using these products if so how often? I normally use Shikakai bar soap to remove any build up since my hair can not tolerate shampoo even "natural" shampoos tend to strip my hair of moisture.

My routine is as follows:

Shampoo once a week with Wen fig, roller set and use a bit of Wen fig in a water bottle to keep hair wet while setting. Once dry I apply a dab of Wen fig and Wen Sweet Almond Mint Styling Creme throughout the length of my hair and along the edges of my hair for added moisture. I have not noticed any adverse effects or product build-up as of yet, but I would greatly appreciate your opinion in regards to clarifying.

BTW: I will be going home for lunch on the 10th to watch QVC and place my order.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Angela Pernell
WEN FAN

[email protected] wrote:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello Angela!

Luckily, our products do not have any silicones in them. Nor are they simply like any regular "natural shampoo". Our products, in fact, are not like shampoo at all! If you are using enough of the cleansing conditioner when you cleanse, it should remove any and all build-up because of its cleansing components. Regardless, if you are not using any other products, and are exclusively Chaz Dean, you should not get build-up either! If I may ask, what is type 4a/b hair? Hope to hear from you soon so that I may further assist you!
[/FONT]

Thank you so much for your interest in the WEN by Chaz Dean product line! Feel free to email back with any additional questions or call 323.467.6444 to speak to one of our representatives. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Many Blessings,
CHAZ DEAN STUDIO.
Sent: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 2:57 pm
Subject: Re: Product Build-up

Thanks for the swift reply.

According to the label on my bottle and the chaz dean website the cleansing conditioner contains Amodimethicone a non water soluble silicone and the styling creme contains a bit more silicone's: Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone.

Silicone's really don't bother me, however I wanted to use this line exclusively and even though I have not experienced build-up as of yet, I wanted to be proactive in addressing this before a problem occurred.

Type 4A/b hair is tightly coiled hair that when stretched, has a mixture of "S" and "Z" patterns. (ie ethnic hair).

BTW: Today I purchased more of the fig conditioner, styling creme and fig oil. I cant wait for all my goodies to arrive.

Thanks again for all of your help

Add sender to Contacts

To:
[email protected]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello again!

Many of our ingredients, including the ones ending in "cone", as listed on the website and on the back of the bottle are actually derived from plants. Everything else that is included is at such a low volume (think one hundredths of a percent!) just to give you an idea. There should not be any build-up at all, but be sure to use a MINIMUM of 45 pumps when you cleanse your hair. Curly hair, especially the type you described, needs as much moisture as it can get! The more product you use when cleansing, the better!
[/FONT]

Thank you so much for your interest in the WEN by Chaz Dean product line! Feel free to email back with any additional questions or call 323.467.6444 to speak to one of our representatives. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Many Blessings,
CHAZ DEAN STUDIO.

Here are the emails I wrote to chaz dean studios last October regarding Cones in their products:

Sent: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:15 pm
Subject: Product Build-up

I have type 4a/b hair and I've been using the WEN fig cleansing conditioner and Sweet almond mint styling creme for the past month or so. I adore both products very much, but I do have some concern with build-up because of the silicones in the products. Do you suggest I clarify when using these products if so how often? I normally use Shikakai bar soap to remove any build up since my hair can not tolerate shampoo even "natural" shampoos tend to strip my hair of moisture.

My routine is as follows:

Shampoo once a week with Wen fig, roller set and use a bit of Wen fig in a water bottle to keep hair wet while setting. Once dry I apply a dab of Wen fig and Wen Sweet Almond Mint Styling Creme throughout the length of my hair and along the edges of my hair for added moisture. I have not noticed any adverse effects or product build-up as of yet, but I would greatly appreciate your opinion in regards to clarifying.

BTW: I will be going home for lunch on the 10th to watch QVC and place my order.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Angela Pernell
WEN FAN

[email protected] wrote:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello Angela![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Luckily, our products do not have any silicones in them. Nor are they simply like any regular "natural shampoo". Our products, in fact, are not like shampoo at all! If you are using enough of the cleansing conditioner when you cleanse, it should remove any and all build-up because of its cleansing components. Regardless, if you are not using any other products, and are exclusively Chaz Dean, you should not get build-up either! If I may ask, what is type 4a/b hair? Hope to hear from you soon so that I may further assist you![/FONT]

Many Blessings,
CHAZ DEAN STUDIO.
Sent: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 2:57 pm
Subject: Re: Product Build-up

Thanks for the swift reply.

According to the label on my bottle and the chaz dean website the cleansing conditioner contains Amodimethicone a non water soluble silicone and the styling creme contains a bit more silicone's: Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone.

Silicone's really don't bother me, however I wanted to use this line exclusively and even though I have not experienced build-up as of yet, I wanted to be proactive in addressing this before a problem occurred.

Type 4A/b hair is tightly coiled hair that when stretched, has a mixture of "S" and "Z" patterns. (ie ethnic hair).

BTW: Today I purchased more of the fig conditioner, styling creme and fig oil. I cant wait for all my goodies to arrive.

Thanks again for all of your help

Add sender to Contacts

To:
[email protected]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello again![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many of our ingredients, including the ones ending in "cone", as listed on the website and on the back of the bottle are actually derived from plants. Everything else that is included is at such a low volume (think one hundredths of a percent!) just to give you an idea. There should not be any build-up at all, but be sure to use a MINIMUM of 45 pumps when you cleanse your hair. Curly hair, especially the type you described, needs as much moisture as it can get! The more product you use when cleansing, the better![/FONT]

Many Blessings,
CHAZ DEAN STUDIO.

Thanks for sharing Charmtreese! :yep: I use 40-50 pumps usually.
She didn't know what 4A/4B hair was :rofl:

Does anyone else laugh when they read "pumps" :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Also, I was going to wait to say this but I think i'll jump the gun a bit.

The Wen system seemed to fall right into place after about a week of use. My hair is EXTREMELY soft and moisturized feeling. I just don't know how else to describe it. I did do a dc with my pantene relaxed and natchal mask so maybe that had something to do with it, but i'm not trying to take away from the Wen. In conjunction with the dc treatment my hair is feeling like butter and it hasn't felt like this in a long time (if ever).

I used the WEN FIG cleanser for the first time yesterday and it is really interesting. I used about 50 pumps, massaged and combed thru my hair. It is very gentle on the hair and tingling to the scalp. It actually cleaned my hair, I am so surprised. I know, I know I read of alot of rave reviews here and on QVC.com where I made my purchase. I have to say that this is a keeper and will remain in the rotation.

The Wen system seemed to fall right into place after about a week of use. My hair is EXTREMELY soft and moisturized feeling. I just don't know how else to describe it. I did do a dc with my pantene relaxed and natchal mask so maybe that had something to do with it, but i'm not trying to take away from the Wen. In conjunction with the dc treatment my hair is feeling like butter and it hasn't felt like this in a long time (if ever).

:pepper: Just wait...your hair will blossom even more with repeated use.

I used the WEN FIG cleanser for the first time yesterday and it is really interesting. I used about 50 pumps, massaged and combed thru my hair. It is very gentle on the hair and tingling to the scalp. It actually cleaned my hair, I am so surprised. I know, I know I read of alot of rave reviews here and on QVC.com where I made my purchase. I have to say that this is a keeper and will remain in the rotation.

I'm happy for you! Trust us WEN lovers, your hair will improve even more with repeated use.

I so want to try this line and plan on doing so in September(I MUST use what I have first before purchasing anything else haircare related or I won't hear the last of it from my dh:rolleyes::look:).

I've been watching this thread with one eye....to see if your natural hair would like this stuff. The only part of my reggie that I'm not happy with is the Poo part of my hair care routine....AO shampoos are not working for me, they dry me out... I have a house full of SLS shampoos that I am going to have to give away just to make room in my closet. (I have hair products like Kimora has shoes, it's crazy - I'm ready to clean out) I would love to find one something that works for me and stick with that thing.

Co-washes are okay but they don't seem to get my scalp clean that well. I want be able to get my scalp nice and clean without drying out my natural hair. I tried Baking soda a couple of times, but perhaps I don't know how I should be using them because it was good for my scalp but it still seemed to leave my hair feeling stripped.

This Wen stuff is really intriguing. Now that you say your hair is happy I am on the ledge thinking of ordering....:scratchch

I'd like to try WEN, but I'm not sure which one to try.

Any suggestions?

I'm 4a/b natural and my hair craves moisture. I primarily cw and do ayurvedic rinses. Just started using Aubrey Organics for my shampoos.

Is there a rule as to which forumula works best for specific hair types?

I've been watching this thread with one eye....to see if your natural hair would like this stuff. The only part of my reggie that I'm not happy with is the Poo part of my hair care routine....AO shampoos are not working for me, they dry me out... I have a house full of SLS shampoos that I am going to have to give away just to make room in my closet. (I have hair products like Kimora has shoes, it's crazy - I'm ready to clean out) I would love to find one something that works for me and stick with that thing.

Co-washes are okay but they don't seem to get my scalp clean that well. I want be able to get my scalp nice and clean without drying out my natural hair. I tried Baking soda a couple of times, but perhaps I don't know how I should be using them because it was good for my scalp but it still seemed to leave my hair feeling stripped.

This Wen stuff is really intriguing. Now that you say your hair is happy I am on the ledge thinking of ordering....:scratchch

You've tried the rest, now try the best, in my opinion! I'm not natural AJJ, but I really think this product works for most people. If you don't like it, I'll take it off your hands (if it's Fig or Lavender!) :yep:

ok so i went back and forth for 16 DAYS about purchasing. today i bit the bullet and bought the lavender one. this better be good yall or im collecting $8 each from the initial pushers.
Please let us know how this turned out for you! LOL and I hope it works out well for the OP's sake!! :laugh:

Awe gee wiz. I'm using up my current conditioners as fast as I can so that I can start trying WEN. You ladies ain't right, and you know it!:lachen::lachen:
They are just totally wrong aren't they....knowing us PJs are out here lurking... :look:
:lala:

Ya'll aint' right, ya'll ain't right!

I need to go and check his ingredients to see if I should keep drooling, or if I just need to back away slowly.
:laugh: Kiya I was :lala: too but their noise about this stuff got through anyway!!!

Come on in ladies! the waters' fine! :up:

Just try it (I recommend the Fig or Lavender especially for the natural heads) and if you don't like it, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. :yep:

You only need to buy the Cleansing Conditioner to start. If you like it, then get the other products.
I'm glad you posted this because I was just about to ask which products seem best for natural hair!

I want to try it. I will order the Fig. I read one of the reviews on Amazon and it has amedithicone in it. But my hair is craving for something different. This product could be it!

I will let you all know how it works for me.

RZ~
Please be sure to come back and post, the more reviews the better! I have not read the entire thread but what I have seen so far: most people fall instantly in love with the product and then others fall in love after a week's use.

Last edited:

Any suggestions?

I'm 4a/b natural and my hair craves moisture. I primarily cw and do ayurvedic rinses. Just started using Aubrey Organics for my shampoos.

It's Fig or Lavender for us... I haven't tried the others, though some ladies report success with the Sweet Almond Mint. There is also Aloe and Cucumber.

I've been out of town so my hair has really taken a beating (sun, swimming, etc.). I had to resort to using other peoples' products that I wouldn't choose for my hair. I am just now getting home and I can't wait to use my fig tonight...it's just what the doctor ordered. My hair really needs some intensive care. I am so glad I bought this.:yep:

Any suggestions?

I've been out of town so my hair has really taken a beating (sun, swimming, etc.). I had to resort to using other peoples' products that I wouldn't choose for my hair. I am just now getting home and I can't wait to use my fig tonight...it's just what the doctor ordered. My hair really needs some intensive care. I am so glad I bought this.:yep:

:yep::yep::yep: Your WEN is going to feel extra special to you tonight! Glad you had fun in the sun though! Enjoy yourself Chica!

My hair is soooo soft now after using this AtlJJ, I promise :grin: I would say use it for about 2 weeks or so, and if you don't like it return it. And like you, almost EVERYTHING dries my hair out.

My 3 staples are now:

Pantened Relaxed and Natchal Mask
Wen Fig
Burts Bees baby shampoo
Herbal Essence LTR Conditioner
Sunsilk Frizz leave in stuff (I forgot the name :blush:)

Please help, anyone experience hair shedding from the Wen Fig? if so why would it cause hair shedding. The product does make my hair feel great but I think I may have to use it less and alternate between Wen and an Indian soap bar that I used to use.

Please help, anyone experience hair shedding from the Wen Fig? if so why would it cause hair shedding. The product does make my hair feel great but I think I may have to use it less and alternate between Wen and an Indian soap bar that I used to use.

Yeah, I did! I mentioned it in another post not sure if it was this thread or not. I no longer use the fig (unless it's a couple of pumps in my water bottle), the tea tree and lavender work best for me. The tea tree really gets your scalp in great conditioner and the lavender is ubber moisturizing. These two together are an awesome combo.

ty for the suggestion! I really don't want to give up the wen. I will give the lavender a try :)

No, please don't give up the WEN!!!:grin:

Use the fig in your water bottle with or without oil and it's a great spray moisturizer, I use this while rollersetting! It does not cause shedding for me when used this way.

I think you will really like the lavender, it's very moisturizing and it also has a pleasant sent!

Back