Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

Look at you January holding down the WEN thread!!!!:grin:
I tried :grin: I'm turning it over to you and the rest of the ladies!

Girl when I saw you and Charmtreese using this, I just had to come be a part of it. I will order it when I return from my trip to Canada though.
All right now! Enjoy your trip - be safe.

I've used the Wen twice now and ladies..i don't think i'm in love:nono: :sad: It just....makes my hair feel like a normal cowash... I guess :look: Should I keep using it??
Awww...uh oh. Use it consistently (use the recommended number of pumps and a tad more)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I have some ends that are horrible, even after a major cut I had a few weeks ago. In fact I'm already thinking of dusting my ends, so its not in all that great of condition. My hair isnt all that thick, more like medium. Its right above/at my shoulders. I used 20-25 pumps I think. It was well saturated tho. I like it well enough so I'm not going to :clubu: :lol:

I will experiment with it some more. I havent had a chance to scour qvc and nc yet to see how they are using it. Some posts on qvc led me to believe they are mixing certain conditioners together to get specific results. If I find anything interesting, I'll post it. :yep:

I use 40 pumps and my hair is super fine & thin! So I KNOW you need more than 20-25! I use 10 on the front & crown, 10 on each side and 10 in the back. I use a couple more pumps for good measure.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

sometimes I leave WEN in overnight...Also the more you use WEN the better the results. When I first tried WEN I was not impressed, and then all of a sudden BAMMMMMMM! :look:

I did that night before last and :up: Even better!

Then again fab, it may not give your hair that wow factor (I hope this is not the case). I used it on my sisters hair and it did NOTHING. Her hair is really thick texlaxed 4a some 4b and about BSL and WEN was NO match!!:nono: Her hair sucked WEN up and was looking at me for something else, I refused to use my whole bottle on her head so I whipped out the CON. :look:

I have relaxed fine medium density 4b with some 4a hair thats DRY, DRY, DRY and it works like a charm for me. It also works well on my moms hair which is about neck length 4a fine medium/thin density.

This would be sad, but it could be true. We know the old adage here on the board, "what works for some may not work for others."
BUT I DON'T THINK SO. I think Fab needs more pumps. Here hair looks thick and she's natural. How many did you use Fab?

I think that your hair getting better over time means using WEN more than a week or two. It takes consistent use before your hair feels differently or you can see a difference in your hair. Everyone has different hair, so while one person will be able to see a difference in 3-4 uses, it may take someone else 6-7 uses. It really is an awesome product and used according to directions, it does work for the majority of users :yep:.

I will agree with Coffee. At least finish the bottle y'all! :yep:

:bump::bump::bump:

Keeping this one bumped for more results before I take the plunge. I want something where I can switch back and forth from Ovation...

That's what I did chica! :yep:

i am thinking of getting this product, was going to definitely buy the other night. do you all prefer to get the product from the site as a lot for 35$ a month or buying it seperate?

i am thinking of getting this product, was going to definitely buy the other night. do you all prefer to get the product from the site as a lot for 35$ a month or buying it seperate?

I buy mine from the Chaz Dean site, not on auto ship. I think you should try a single purchase first to see if you like it. If you do, then auto ship may be an option for you.

I buy mine from the Chaz Dean site, not on auto ship. I think you should try a single purchase first to see if you like it. If you do, then auto ship may be an option for you.

thanks, which one is a good buy? i never heard of them and i may just decide to do some research before i buy them but it seems this thread has provided me with a good deal so thanks!

I think that your hair getting better over time means using WEN more than a week or two. It takes consistent use before your hair feels differently or you can see a difference in your hair. Everyone has different hair, so while one person will be able to see a difference in 3-4 uses, it may take someone else 6-7 uses. It really is an awesome product and used according to directions, it does work for the majority of users :yep:.

I was surprisesd but I actually saw a difference the first time I used it. Enough of a difference that I have started to give up a lot of other products because I use WEN to cowash, as a leave-in, to slick my hair back into a ponytail and to moisturize the ends. I don't use anywhere near the number of pumps listed on the bottle.

JN, do you buy the entire FIG set, or just the cleansing conditioner and the mask? You use the CC as a leave-in, right? Thanks! :kiss::hiya2::luv2:

I would say its worth the price. I have used other conditioners and nothing compares to WEN. However, even within the WEN system you have to find the right cleansing conditioner for you. I started off with FIG and while I liked it I felt my hair shedded more, so I tried tea tree, this one got my hair clean and my scalp in order, now Im using the lavender to wash with and to me this is the best of both worlds! I have yet to use the almond mint or cucumber.

I am also experiencing shedding with the fig, I tried the tea tree wen but my hair didnt come out with the results like the fig soft and nice. Though despite the shedding the fig is so far best for me. I think I will too try the lavender to see if I get less shedding. Why would there be shedding from the fig? any other experience this?

JN, do you buy the entire FIG set, or just the cleansing conditioner and the mask? You use the CC as a leave-in, right? Thanks! :kiss::hiya2::luv2:

:hiya3: SP! :kiss:

I purchased the Cleansing Conditioner and the oil first. Then when I was able, I purchased the Re-moist Hydrator and the Styling Creme. I did not purchase the set, though, it is cheaper when you buy it as a set. I just couldn't afford it at the time.

I know I shouldn't even post this 'cause I don't have any pics (was running late and didn't have time to take a pic), but I did a quick rollerset Saturday morning and the result? FABULOUS! My hair was full and much thicker. The bounce and body of my curls were incredible.

I was amazed. I usually don't like my hair and haven't in a long time, but over the past several months since I've been using OVATION and WEN products, my hair is looking good ladies!

I went to a Luau Saturday afternoon with my SO and I got tons of compliments. It was hot as Hades, but my hair held up pretty well.
He told me later that night that my hair looked really good! :grin:

:hiya3: SP! :kiss:

I purchased the Cleansing Conditioner and the oil first. Then when I was able, I purchased the Re-moist Hydrator and the Styling Creme. I did not purchase the set, though, it is cheaper when you buy it as a set. I just couldn't afford it at the time.

Hi Lovely! :luv2:

O.K., I purchased the Fig Cleansing Conditioner, the Fig Oil, and decided to buy the Lavendar Creme. I wanted to get the Hydrator and maybe the mask but too expensive. I'll try this first. I am trying to get away from so much SLS and hard detergent shampoos. I really need to get a DC/VA/MD LHCF group together because I have so much stuff to get rid of. I want to scale down my products drastically once I find 2 or 3 lines to use. I'm also back into henna-ing and Ayurveda...

Thank you so much. I hope this works for me, finally. I'm loving the Ovation but I want something to alternate...:iloveyou:

I know I shouldn't even post this 'cause I don't have any pics (was running late and didn't have time to take a pic), but I did a quick rollerset Saturday morning and the result? FABULOUS! My hair was full and much thicker. The bounce and body of my curls were incredible.

I was amazed. I usually don't like my hair and haven't in a long time, but over the past several months since I've been using OVATION and WEN products, my hair is looking good ladies!

I went to a Luau Saturday afternoon with my SO and I got tons of compliments. It was hot as Hades, but my hair held up pretty well.
He told me later that night that my hair looked really good! :grin:

I wish that I could see you in pics, darling. I know you were a knockout!! :worship2::yay::poledancer::naughtycouch:

someone said the lavender smells like bengay? is that true, or is it a competitor lying?

It doesn't smell like Bengay to me, but, I will say that none of the WEN products smell pretty. The fig smells like cherry cough medicine because one of the top ingredients are Cherry Tree Bark or something like that. Be forwarned, that the product has tons of essential oils including Jojoba oil which makes it tingle on your scalp as well.

Most of us that love WEN get over the lack of pretty scents because the results are amazing.

It doesn't smell like Bengay to me, but, I will say that none of the WEN products smell pretty. The fig smells like cherry cough medicine because one of the top ingredients are Cherry Tree Bark or something like that. Be forwarned, that the product has tons of essential oils including Jojoba oil which makes it tingle on your scalp as well.

Most of us that love WEN get over the lack of pretty scents because the results are amazing.

I agree. Most good things that are good for us don't smell good. Think about all the essential herbs that have been around for thousands of years that we use to infuse in our oils. None of that smells good but it's so good for us. I'm looking forward to receiving these products. I feel guilty about spending so much money. At the same time, I've paid all my bills and took care of my responsibilities so I'm happy to do this good thing for myself. :yep:

and serenity peace...i don't know how to double quote....but okay I don't really mind if it did I was just wondering the names sound like they smell good!!! I needs to know though did you guys that ordered from the chaz dean store get a 60 day money back guarantee?

and serenity peace...i don't know how to double quote....but okay I don't really mind if it did I was just wondering the names sound like they smell good!!! I needs to know though did you guys that ordered from the chaz dean store get a 60 day money back guarantee?

Yes, I got the money back guarantee. But I was a little upset because the $30 set was offered only for the Sweet Almond. I felt like calling the company and asking them why other formulas like Fig and Lavender weren't offered. So we end up spending more because the other formulas aren't the best for our hair type. That's really the only thing that made me a little annoyed. I heard that the products don't smell great but I guess I can deal with it. I like the taste of figs.:lick:

I just got my order today from Guthy-Renker. When the mail woman came my little boy was taking a nap, so I quickly opened my box of products, read the instructions, and tried it on my hair. I used the sweet almond mint cleaning conditioner to wash and leave-in and the styling cream only. Right now my hair is about 85% dry and it feels really soft. I called the company to see what other products are offered but its only the sweet almond mint or the cucumber aloe with guthy-renker. But the good new is that I can customize my auto-ship. So, if I use more of the conditioner I can substitute products and get two conditioners,styling cream, and re-moist treatment next time. That means I will leave out the texture balm. I really like the free comb too because it's seamless.

Yes, I got the money back guarantee. But I was a little upset because the $30 set was offered only for the Sweet Almond. I felt like calling the company and asking them why other formulas like Fig and Lavender weren't offered. So we end up spending more because the other formulas aren't the best for our hair type. That's really the only thing that made me a little annoyed. I heard that the products don't smell great but I guess I can deal with it. I like the taste of figs.:lick:

Which ones are not recommended for our hair types SP and why do we have to pay more?

I just got my order today from Guthy-Renker. When the mail woman came my little boy was taking a nap, so I quickly opened my box of products, read the instructions, and tried it on my hair. I used the sweet almond mint cleaning conditioner to wash and leave-in and the styling cream only. Right now my hair is about 85% dry and it feels really soft. I called the company to see what other products are offered but its only the sweet almond mint or the cucumber aloe with guthy-renker. But the good new is that I can customize my auto-ship. So, if I use more of the conditioner I can substitute products and get two conditioners,styling cream, and re-moist treatment next time. That means I will leave out the texture balm. I really like the free comb too because it's seamless.

Now this is awesome. What size is the trial size? Is it 6oz or 16oz and what size is the 90 day package? Anyone?

Which ones are not recommended for our hair types SP and why do we have to pay more?

The fig is recommended for our hair types because it's the most moisturizing. What she's talking about is one of the sites (i forget which one) has a sweet almond mint set for 30 dollars, which is a really good deal. But they only offer that particular one, not fig or anything else in that reduced price set. So, you have to pay more for the fig in comparison to that special priced set of sweet almond mint. I hope that makes sense. It really depends where you order from.

Now this is awesome. What size is the trial size? Is it 6oz or 16oz and what size is the 90 day package? Anyone?

I ordered the trial set for ethnic hair from www.chazdeanstore.com, instead of qvc or guthy renker or wherever. You get a 6oz lavendar, tea tree, and fig for 35 dollars. For me that was the best way to try things out first and see if I liked them.

The fig is recommended for our hair types because it's the most moisturizing. What she's talking about is one of the sites (i forget which one) has a sweet almond mint set for 30 dollars, which is a really good deal. But they only offer that particular one, not fig or anything else in that reduced price set. So, you have to pay more for the fig in comparison to that special priced set of sweet almond mint. I hope that makes sense. It really depends where you order from.

Thanks, yes this does make sense to me.

I ordered the trial set for ethnic hair from www.chazdeanstore.com, instead of qvc or guthy renker or wherever. You get a 6oz lavendar, tea tree, and fig for 35 dollars. For me that was the best way to try things out first and see if I liked them.

Ooooh I saw this set on amazon.com for the same price I think.

I have an important question to ask, maybe a couple...because I want to try try just the conditioners and not all that other stuff that comes with the set.

Is it necessary to use the entire set and why do you think so?

If I do choose to use just the conditioner which is all I really want to use for co-washing and moisturizing but mostly for moisturizing, will there be a difference in how my hair turns out compared to using the entire line?

The reason I'm asking is because I saw the conditioners and one or two oils being adverised by WEN on amazon.com but nothing else, not the re-moist mask or the balm, etc.

I have an important question to ask, maybe a couple...because I want to try try just the conditioners and not all that other stuff that comes with the set.

If I do choose to use just the conditioner which is all I really want to use for co-washing and moisturizing but mostly for moisturizing, will there be a difference in how my hair turns out compared to using the entire line?

The reason I'm asking is because I saw the conditioners and one or two oils being adverised by WEN on amazon.com but nothing else, not the re-moist mask or the balm, etc.

co-signing. I am still looking for a staple co for cw and this sounds promising.

Hey Aggie!

Now I'm not a WEN old head so this question may be better answered by Charmtresse, JN, or Coffee but I thought I'd give my opinion.

I really think that the way WEN was formulated you don't need anything else aside from the cleansing conditioners(CC). Even in the booklet and chaz's website, he makes it clear that you can use the CC as a leave-in and deep conditioner.

I think the other stuff (the oil, balm, mask, etc) is really just extra, and it's super expensive. The oils are something you could get yourself for way cheaper (and I'm sure you already have them cuz your stash is legendary). As far as the balm and the mask, they seem great but for the prices I don't feel that I will ever buy them, it's just too high for me.

So far, the CC is great for me by itself. My scalp feels clean and refreshed and my hair feels softer, moisturized, and stronger. I don't feel like I need the other products at all. Especially when I have a deep conditioner and leave-in that I already love. WEN is just the icing on the cake because it has my hair in a much better state than it was (and it's only been a week), which helps my other products work better.

Hope this helps!

Hey Aggie!

Now I'm not a WEN old head so this question may be better answered by Charmtresse, JN, or Coffee but I thought I'd give my opinion.

I really think that the way WEN was formulated you don't need anything else aside from the cleansing conditioners(CC). Even in the booklet and chaz's website, he makes it clear that you can use the CC as a leave-in and deep conditioner.

I think the other stuff (the oil, balm, mask, etc) is really just extra, and it's super expensive. The oils are something you could get yourself for way cheaper (and I'm sure you already have them cuz your stash is legendary). As far as the balm and the mask, they seem great but for the prices I don't feel that I will ever buy them, it's just too high for me.

So far, the CC is great for me by itself. My scalp feels clean and refreshed and my hair feels softer, moisturized, and stronger. I don't feel like I need the other products at all. Especially when I have a deep conditioner and leave-in that I already love. WEN is just the icing on the cake because it has my hair in a much better state than it was (and it's only been a week), which helps my other products work better.

Hope this helps!

thanks so much for your post! do you mind me asking which one you find to be the most moisturizing for your hair?

tia,
tishee

Hey Aggie!

Hope this helps!

Good answer!!!! I've used the oil and loved it, however it is not necessary. It's basically WEN oil is just jojoba and EO's.

thanks so much for your post! do you mind me asking which one you find to be the most moisturizing for your hair?

tia,
tishee

I know this was directed to MSA, However I find the lavender to be very moisturizing with a nice pleasant smell. The fig is just as moisturizing but the smell is much like cherry cough syrup.:look:

Hey Aggie!

Hope this helps!

Good answer!!!! I've used the oil and loved it, however it is not necessary. It's basically WEN oil is just jojoba and EO's.

I know this was directed to MSA, However I find the lavender to be very moisturizing with a nice pleasant smell. The fig is just as moisturizing but the smell is much like cherry cough syrup.:look:

Thanks a million msa and charmtreese. This is awesome news. Now I know that the conditioner alone is all I need and I :blush: at your comment about my stash being legendary, because I really do have a lotttt of oils I can use.

charmtreese, how do you use the oils, on your scalp or your hair or both?

Back