Weight Loss/Hair Growth Pt. 2!

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 271.4 :nono: 5'9"
Current hair length: between sl and apl (picture attached)
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 250 by July 1, 2011
Short-term hair goal: full apl by July 1, 2011
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 175 pounds by May 1, 2012
Long-term hair goal: BSL by May 1, 2012
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: i have TONS of goals that i'd like to reach... but most of all, i just want to be the best me spiritually, physically, emotionally, and mentally and i know everything else will fall in it's rightful place!
What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? continuous prayer! drink only water; eat less; count calories (1500 daily); still eat my favorite foods but at a minimum; take vitamins/supplements daily; grilled/baked/steamed foods; eat leaner meat/protein; more fruits and vegetables; low fat foods; move my body more (workout dvds, gym, walking/running); get enough rest/sleep.
What will you change/continue to rea ch your hair goal? i'll start protective styling more; weaves/wigs; braids; start back deep conditioning/co washing on a regular basis; relaxer stretching/texlaxing.
How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? well, um... i can't make any promises... but i will TRY to check in on a weekly basis... God bless all you ladies! ♥

Attachments

• 100_5246.jpg
    100_5246.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 42
davisbr88
:grin: I will when you change your siggy! :lachen:
Lol! You got me, you got me. :grin:

We can reach this goal together! :yep:
I missed this somehow. I'd love to reach that goal as well.

Good luck you guys! Everyone's goals sound very doable,so don't give up,especially when you get closer to your goal weight and it starts to become harder to lose. Just keep pushing your will power,and you can get there. I'll be cheering you guys on from the sidelines! I am a weight loss story fanatic! Lol!
Thank you so much for your support!

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 212 pounds
Current hair length: SL
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 150
Short-term hair goal: APL
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 135
Long-term hair goal: MBL
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: Just staying the course and staying focused!

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? I will cut down on eating out. I don't do it often but i need to do even less of that. I will continue to do most of my own cooking for meals from scratch. Helps me stay focused one eating healthy! Also, I want to make and drink more green juices!

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? Keep daily oiling and moisturising and weekly DCing!

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? I'm thinking once a week?

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 160
Current hair length: apl
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 5 lbs
Short-term hair goal: bsl by september
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 20 lbs
Long-term hair goal: mbl or wl
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: I would also like to tone up. This weight loss should be achieved within the next 3 months and hopefully my hair goal is reached by december. I would like to clear up my skin all over and im working on that by drinking more water, taking vitamins, and using better products.
What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? I will start back exercising at least 3-4x a week, eat healthier, do yoga
What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? I will continue to wear my hair in braids with wigs on top, use my same products (nexxus, ntm, infusium 23) and same routine
How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? 1-2x per month

Last edited:
Vashti: I also need to do something about eating out. I love cooking, so I don't know why I eat out so much, but at one point, it was a daily thing. Smh. It's just so convenient but it's really unhealthy. I am going to try and limit eating out to once a month, and only if I am invited by someone else. I have to stop being lazy and ordering out just because I feel like it, and wait for an actual special occasion.

I love this thread already. It's really motivating me.

Awesome Challenge, thank you Soror for starting this!

Current weight (or BMI): 31 (174 llbs)
Current hair length: APL (just came out of a sew in & may have to trim above that but sure yet)
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 29 (165 lbs) by June 1
Short-term hair goal: BSL by September 2011
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 25 (140 lbs)
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: Remain consistent! I lost 20 lbs last year and gained 17 lbs back. I've gone from 172 to 130 after college. I'm just getting too old to continue to yo-yo up and down. I really want to lose this weight and keep it off for good.

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? Begin an exercise regimen, cook more at home. Part of my problem is I'm always grabbing food on the go...when I cook regularly I always lose weight. I have so many tools at home to assist me in losing weight its absurd that I don't use them PLUS I know how to lose! I've done it successfully several times in the past! I just need to get REstarted!

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? I will continue with my regimen as is, but may continue on my PS'ing kick. I just got my first LF, I may keep my hair hidden until I reach my goal. Also - avoid at all costs stretches beyond 12 weeks. 12+ weeks post = disaster for me.

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? About once a month? Unless I'm forreal forreal on a roll and want to show off! :lol:

Thanks again for starting this challenge, if nothing else THIS is one I need to be in!

@Vashti: I also need to do something about eating out. I love cooking, so I don't know why I eat out so much, but at one point, it was a daily thing. Smh. It's just so convenient but it's really unhealthy. I am going to try and limit eating out to once a month, and only if I am invited by someone else. I have to stop being lazy and ordering out just because I feel like it, and wait for an actual special occasion.

I love this thread already. It's really motivating me.

Me too girl! I've figured out its not the COOKING I mind....its the cleaning up I hate.

Also wanted to add, I'm in a wedding in September and in a destination wedding next year and another friend just went ring shopping! I'm the only single one of all my friends and quite frankly I wanna be SMOKIN' hot at all the nuptial ceremonies! PLUS - my high school reunion is this November. Lots of motivation over here! :lol:

Me too girl! I've figured out its not the COOKING I mind....its the cleaning up I hate.

Also wanted to add, I'm in a wedding in September and in a destination wedding next year and another friend just went ring shopping! I'm the only single one of all my friends and quite frankly I wanna be SMOKIN' hot at all the nuptial ceremonies! PLUS - my high school reunion is this November. Lots of motivation over here! :lol:

You know what - you are EXACTLY right. Because I am most at peace/happy when I'm cooking or baking (or near water... randomly... lol) but the clean-up is the WORST!!!! I hate cleaning up.
And I completely feel you on wanting to be looking great for the wedding because that's a great place to meet someone new.
And my 5-year reunion is June 10. Not enough time for me to completely reach my goal, but I at least want to be less than I was in high school. If I could just get under 140 for that, I would be ecstatic (but I don't know how realistic that is).

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 150
Current hair length: Shoulder length
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 140
Short-term hair goal: BSL
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 135
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach:

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? Eat fewer calories, exercise each day, and drink more water.

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal?
Staying away from hairstylists who want to flat iron my hair at 450 degrees.

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? As I remember

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers):
Current hair length: somewhere between EL and SL
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: I want to be 240 or close to it by the end of May
Short-term hair goal: APL by end of Aug...
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 136 by Jun 2012
Long-term hair goal: MBL by Jan 2012 or WL by Jul 2012

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? Watch what I eat. I tend to snack on not so HEALTHY foods at night.

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? Currently im natural and relaxed. I will try to keep my patience. Im getting blowouts frequently so my hair is growing better than before.

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? Hopefully once a month... if not.... every two monrgs

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DROID2 GLOBAL

Yay, the new thread is up!

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 179lb
Current hair length: SL
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 169 by the end of May
Short-term hair goal: Full SL by the end of May
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 135-140 lb
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: Stretch all summer and to thicken up!

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal?I Will continue to work out at least 350 minutes per week
What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? I will not use heat on my hair all summer and I will increase my moisture level!

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? Once per week

Last edited:
Hi ladies, I don't post in here too much (I'm a nail fanatic) but I am joining this challenge because I'm losing weight and growing my hair; it's a win/win situation!:grin:

I'm not ashamed to admit, it's denying that got me this far! 239 lbs
Current hair length: Neck length, natural
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: Over the next 4 months, 39 lbs, to get me down to onerland (that's 199 and under)
Short-term hair goal:SL in the same amount of time
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: Size 8 with a booty...numbers don't matter as much to me
Long-term hair goal: HL stretched (or straight, I might relax/texlax it)
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: Umm, get regimens down, in both my hair and weight...I am very sporadic, and I need consistency

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal?
I will continue to work out 5 days a week and track my calories, but I will add more veggies and try and stay away from sugar!

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? Protective styling, try to get my protein/moisture balance in check and keep my ends moist

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? Once a week, on Mondays, my weigh-in days and once a month for length checks.

I'm not into challenges too much, but I've been on this weight/hair journey by myself for a while, so it's nice to join in with some other like-minded ladies.

Hi,

I don't post here much, but I'm coming out of Lurksville because I need to be in this challenge.

187/bmi 31.2

Current hair length:
bsl

Short-term weight loss/BMI goal:
get below 170 lbs and STAY THERE

Short-term hair goal:
mbl

Long-term weight loss/BMI goal:
150 lbs or less

Long-term hair goal:
wl

lower cholesterol! and firm up/tone

eliminate all meat except for fish, cut way back on fried foods, exercise consistently, DRINK MORE WATER

continue protective styling, condition regularly, keep moisturized

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable?
weekly/bi-weekly

Thanks for creating this challenge!

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): I haven't stepped on a scale yet, but I have my overall dimensions.

Current hair length: Very close to BSL (top of bra)
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: May month lose 15 lbs get down 2 dresses
Short-term hair goal:Full blunt BSL length Dec 2011
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal:Get down to 130 - 150 lbs (ideal height and age weight I'm 5'2
Long-term hair goal: MBL 2012
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: n/a

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? Eating style, cut out the chips - junk food. However B-days etc I will be celebrating.
Excerise - Walking with the BF on evenings and my new work location will have a gym so bonus - I will go in early and workout 3 times a week, plus go walking with my co-workers during breaks.
Take vitamins and plan my meals.
Envision me - jogging with my long hair in a ponytail and slim body in athletic wear as a focus.

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? I like my regimen as it is working for me - I most likely will invest in a steamer.

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? I'm accountable to me, but this group will help so
May 08
May 15
May 29
Then every 2 weeks after that.
June 12
June 26 etc.

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 165, BMI: 30.2 (obese for my height and weight :nono:
Current hair length: APL(ish)
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 145lbs/BMI: 26.5
Short-term hair goal: BSL by October
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 125lbs/22.3
Long-term hair goal: Full WL (2012)
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: Start my own graphic design business by the end of this year as a means of side-income, Adopt a lifestyle of healthy living overall, Be known as one of the baddest, independent, money-making bad bishes of SC :). Possibly land me an NBA, or NFL player? (Hey I can dream can't I? Why not dream big? :grin:)

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? I will most definitely change my current (bad) eating habits, up my water intake (64oz/day) as well as UP my exercise. I'm gonna go IN this time around
What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? I will stay consistent with using my sulfur mix, moisturize and seal twice a day, dust regularly, protective style like a mad-woman, and :pray: that my hair reaches it's full potential in record time :)

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? For my weight, I will check in with my day-to-day routines often, for "weigh-in" day I will be doing updates religiously every 2 weeks.
Hair updates will be reported with every relaxer (every 12-14weeks)

Ready to get this thing poppin! :yap:

ETA: Inspiration--->>Pilar Sanders ('nuff said) hair AND body inspiration right here vv:
2nrpvm8.jpg

b6ekpy.jpg

:notworthy:

Last edited:
Current weight:

Current hair length:
CBL stretched. I haven't straightened since going natural. Not really interested in straightening at the moment. Otherwise I would say it looks like I have a medium size curly fro.

Short-term weight loss:

Short-term hair goal:
Be able to pull my hair into one pony tail vs two puffs

Long-term weight loss:
130 for right now. I may be willing to go down to 120

Long-term hair goal:
SL curly

Currently exercising 6x/wk. Starting on Monday I will start doing 2 a days.

My current reggie works so I will stick with it. Basically daily cowashing, dcing 2x/wk, and a full out wash day 1x/wk

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable?

At least 1x/wk

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers):228lbs
Current hair length: bsl
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 199 :)
Short-term hair goal: full bsl after a trim
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 160 OR less
Long-term hair goal: full mbl
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: grow in my personal relationship with GOD

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? drink water throughout the day ( not a fan BUT lemon lime or orange slices help) eat clean! less processed foods fried food once a week, exercize 5 days a week min. do a mini marathon next summer
What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? more moisture more protective styles
How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? every two weeks

Last edited:
Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 225
Current hair length: Grazing APL
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 199 by September 2011
Short-term hair goal: BSB by Dec 2011
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 160 (glory days weight)
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: Pass the bar, grow with God
What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? Work out 5x/week (joining a gym this summer), adequate water and eat clean at least 90% of the time

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? I will continue with my regimen: shampoo 1x/week; co-wash as needed; DC 1x/week; little to no heat; protein 1x/2 weeks. I will be completely heat free this summer and continue with protective styling.

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? At least weekly on Sundays.

I was listening to a podcast this morning and the guy mentioned that drinking ice cold water first thing in the morning can help accelerate fat loss. I've been doing this on an off for a couple of weeks to help cleanse my system but didn't know it can help with fat loss.

I need to start doing this every morning now!

I was listening to a podcast this morning and the guy mentioned that drinking ice cold water first thing in the morning can help accelerate fat loss. I've been doing this on an off for a couple of weeks to help cleanse my system but didn't know it can help with fat loss.

I need to start doing this every morning now!

This is a great tip, a friend of mine suggested this to me back in college, i just can't stand drinking cold water though:sad:

Ladies I just wanted to show my support and offer some cheerleading!!!! :fairy: :fairy: :fairy: What a wonderful challenge :yep: :yep:

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 226.8 :spinning: ; I'm barely 5'8 YIKES !!
Current hair length: Shortest section is CBL; Longest section is grazing BSL
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 199
Short-term hair goal: Shortest section to hit APL
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 165; it'd be great to lose every lb I gained in/since college plus a few
Long-term hair goal: Full MBL w/ healthy edges
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: I need to work on stress management & taking time out of my schedule to relax regularly so I don't burn out all the time.

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? I will strive for 3-5 workouts per week, up my water intake (fluids in general), get more sleep, take on a less demanding workload, modify food choices & eat meals instead of snacking throughout the day

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? I will continue to DC @ least every 1-2 weeks, but will opt for protective styles 2 weeks out of every month. I will continue to use no heat unless DCing & moisturize daily.

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? At least once a week; more if I'm struggling.

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 246 (yeesh!)

Current hair length: Shoulder Length natural
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 30-40 pounds by December
Short-term hair goal:Past shoulder length
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal:Get down to 180-170
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: n/a

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? I hate exercising so I'm going to start off slow, twice a week then move to three times a week. Drink more water.

I've started using a multivitamin, detangle my hair more often but other than that I'm pretty happy with my regimen.

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? Once a month.

I stopped eating at around 9:15 PM yesterday, so I am going to do a 24-hour water fast until 9:15 PM today. I find that it really helps me for whatever reason. Gets rid of some bloating/water weight, and "resets" my hunger so that I can eat when I'm actually hungry. I don't really know how to describe it but some kind of way it works, and I did one before my last attempt at weight loss and really liked how it worked.
That is one of my goals I should have listed. I want to learn to eat only when I'm truly hungry, instead of just when I see food. I'm definitely an emotional eater, and I would love to overcome that.

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): :blush: (:lachen:)
Current hair length: APL
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 20 lbs
Short-term hair goal: BSL
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 120 lbs
Long-term hair goal: WL
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: Taking better care of all of me and not just my hair.

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? Exercise 4x a week. MWF Sa or Su and make healthy eating a part of my lifestyle. :grin:
What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? Protective style throughout the summer with pinned twists under wigs.

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? Once every two weeks.

Back