Wedding forum ?!?

ajoyfuljoy

It seems like someone on this board is always getting married or knows someone that is getting married. Right now it's my turn. I am wrecking my brain trying to do specialized searches to see what my LHCF sistas have to say about all things wedding.

There are so many of us. Can't we have our own wedding forum? It makes so much sense to me :grin:

I am one of the first to say "bad idea" when someone suggest a new forum. We already have so many. But I have to say this one would be a good idea.

I love wedding magazines, websites and forums...even though mine would be a while away from now I would still love to see and share ideas with the ladies on here! great suggestion!

I'm less than 60 days away from my wedding. It would have been helpful to have had a wedding forum while I was planning.

There are loads of wedding websites out there to choose from. :grin:

I know that I really value the opinions and experiences of my LHCF sistas above all other forums that I ever have come across on the internet. I don't mind checking others out but I always come back here. Seriously. :yep: We discuss everything else, why not discuss this?

Also, the wedding threads are usually uber long. People like to discuss that even if they are not involved in planning a wedding. We have so many hidden resources concerning this idea on our site that it would be awesome to have all the threads in one place :-)

I was going to suggest Chocolatebrides.com, as many us seem to be on there already.

I do go to chocolatebrides.com although I haven't signed into their forums yet. I didn't feel like getting to learn another forum and people if I didn't have to. They seem like nice people but I like us here too :grin:

It's just that we have so many threads on this forum. We already have a wealth of knowledge concerning weddings. Why not create our own resource and just compile it all into one place?

Totally agree! I visit other wedding forums, which is nice but the LHCF ladies have a wealth of knowledge to offer on so many subjects - I have to believe it would be the same for weddings! I'm just over a year out from mine, so it would be right on time for me.

We did have a wedding forum at one point. It was attached to the relationship forum but IIRC someone complained and they took it off the heading.

Here's what the heading of the relationship forum says:

Relationships Talk about anything relating to your marriage, being single, interracial relationships, weddings/wedding planning, break ups, etc (male-female relationships only)

OMG I was coming here to suggest a wedding forum.

How awesome would that be.
I'd totally be all up in it posting dresses n millions of pretty things...

The relationship forum covers loads of topics and subjects including weddings. Most of the members here are on other sites that have singular characteristics and subject matter. We just have to get in were we fit in and accept this place for what it is at any given moment.

I think Chocolatebrides.com is the best and loaded with information. I found out about it from this place some years ago.

This place is already on forum overload right now.

The relationship forum covers loads of topics and subjects including weddings. Most of the members here are on other sites that have singular characteristics and subject matter. We just have to get in were we fit in and accept this place for what it is at any given moment.

I think Chocolatebrides.com is the best and loaded with information. I found out about it from this place some years ago.

This place is already on forum overload right now.

I agree with you that CB is a great resource. However, I do think that there are enough people on this board either getting married or involved in helping to plan someone else's wedding (on a constant basis) enough for us to have a wedding forum.

I also agree that we have too many forums. But to me, this would be a lot more beneficial than a book forum, and some of the other random forums that we have with topics that end up being discussed in other forums.

Also, I think that marriage should be kept seperate from relationships. That relationship forum is mostly depressing to me. I barely go in there. They are not the same to me.

It seems like someone on this board is always getting married or knows someone that is getting married. Right now it's my turn. I am wrecking my brain trying to do specialized searches to see what my LHCF sistas have to say about all things wedding.

There are so many of us. Can't we have our own wedding forum? It makes so much sense to me :grin:

CONGRATS HAIR TWIN! :yep:

Putting head in to say... I want in too! :D

(Yeah, I'm still excited about the fact I'm getting married!)

I'm on CB and the ladies seem really nice. I haven't jumped in fully yet since I haven't picked a ceremony/reception venue yet (soon though), and I don't have a whole lot to say right now except, "Hey, I'm engaged!"

(I DO have a dress though... :look:)

Also agree with Ajoyfuljoy about wedding planning not necessarily fitting that well into the Relationship Forum -- 1. The RF can be a depressing place, and 2. Sometimes, as a person who might have just broken up with a man, the last thing you want to see is someone talking about a wedding!

I think it's a great idea! I just got married last weekend and tried doing wedding searches but became overwelmed quickly by all the different sources. I love one-stop-shopping and didn't have time to dedicate to the learning curve of a whole new community, so I say run with it. I really like the idea of focusing on natural styles.

My two cents: I rented my dress, (a Vera Wang @ $400) They only put the dresses out for two-three wear rotations. I was lucky to get it on the first rotation and it was in excellent condition, I wouldn't have guessed it was a rental. I got it from "One Night Affair" in West LA. If you're on a budget but still want that designer feel, consider the local upscale dress shop and ask if they can hook you up)

Back