Weave It Up Challenge 2010

hey ladies, I kept forgetting to post pics of my sew in I got the first week of June. I was headed to dinner yesterday so I took some while I was deciding on what to do with my hair. I got 12 inches of my usual Goddess Remi. I got her to trim it and slightly add long layers to make it look natural. As my hair grows longer, it's harder to get deep layers unless I cut hair from my crown which I am not willing to do. I've since washed my weave twice.

I have the small horseshoe shape in the front left out so I can alternate parts.

My install straight. This is how I usually wear it daily, either side part or middle part

2010weave1.jpg

the back
2010weaveback.jpg

the sides & blending
2010weavesides.jpg

I added a few curls to it. This is how I decided to wear it out.
2010weave3.jpg

2010weave2.jpg

as usual, I am going to wash once a week, every Thursday. I scrub my tracks and scalp and moisturize with my shea butter mix.

I blow dry and flat iron if I'm going to wear a straight style and if not, I'll do a twist out and crimp the weave for a wavy look. I'll post pics of that.

I'll also get it cut into a bob in two months.

Last edited:
Nichi -- your install looks great! Quick question, are your sides out also or just the horseshoe?

hey ladies, I kept forgetting to post pics of my sew in I got the first week of June. I was headed to dinner yesterday so I took some while I was deciding on what to do with my hair. I got 12 inches of my usual Goddess Remi. I got her to trim it and slightly add long layers to make it look natural. As my hair grows longer, it's harder to get deep layers unless I cut hair from my crown which I am not willing to do. I've since washed my weave twice.

I have the small horseshoe shape in the front left out so I can alternate parts.

My install straight. This is how I usually wear it daily, either side part or middle part

Hey Nichi, how on earth do you get your natural hair to match the weave. I used the exact same weave type (Goddess remi) but it's a nightmare blending. I wash and flat iron every sat. It kinda looks like a good blend until Mon. By Tues, the leave out hair has a life of it's own. You can see what I mean in the pictures below. Sorry if they're too big :look:

^^^ Lafani I can see what you mean now.

I think you need to start with freshly washed/dc'D hair and then blow dry first with a comb attachment and then use the comb chase method to straighten the hair.

I think Nichi has the link to a good youtube video somewhere.

Also I think the flat Iron you use matters. I have tried FHI, Phillips Remington, etc etc and my favorite was a cheaper decent brand called hair tools. You need to find one that works for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY65vtO8IJY&feature=related

I think you need to start with freshly washed/dc'D hair and then blow dry first with a comb attachment and then use the comb chase method to straighten the hair.

Also I think the flat Iron you use matters. I have tried FHI, Phillips Remington, etc etc and my favorite was a cheaper decent brand called hair tools. You need to find one that works for you.

Hey Stella,

I do start with freshly washed/DC hair and I blow dry with a comb attachment (braun), I use babyliss ipro 230 to flat iron. I forgot to mention I also go to the gym 3 times a week so all the sweat also makes it revert very quickly. I probably should have started off with kinky curly hair or something. Lesson learnt for next time I guess. I'm thinking of doing a braid out on the weave this weekend to see if it takes.

By the way, the goddes remi is marvellous. No shedding at all.

took the words right out of my mouth! :yep:

Hello ladies,

It has definitely been a minute since I have posted anything. I would like to welcome all the new challege participants. I missed posting! I had to re-eval my regimen and all. I was having set back after set back. At least that is what I thought. Any how, I will be adding the aphogee to my regimen. I thing that may be what I am lacking is added strenght to my hair. My diet is good and I take supplements, I exercise and I do lack on the H2O (but am working that out). So hopefully I will see better results. I did try straight hair for a min. And that lead to breakage in areas I was beginning to see growth in my leave out hair. So, now I am back to velvet european deep. I will take pics and post this week.

Happy weaving and I miss the help and support. Especially from LouLou!

Are you weaving it up for 6 or 12 months:
6 for now.

Regimen:
probably shampooing once a week, moisture when necessary

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave:
For washing -Aloe Vera Shampoo from cornrows and co... diluted for braided hair and weave hair

Conditioner: Redken smooth down butter treat

For moisturizer leave in- Shea butter and avocado butter

Leave Out:Same as above

Weave hair- Mixed Chicks leave in

End of challenge goal:layered bsl

Post a starting length picture:in attachment. first is before trim, 2nd is after trim and highlights. then is my install.

Attachments

• x2_67c4e8.jpg
    x2_67c4e8.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 4.5.JPG
    4.5.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 1.5.JPG
    1.5.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 30
u might want to try a coarser texture like yaki natural. the straight remi's are really nice but when you're natural you really have to be an expert at safely pressing your hair and maintaining it for long periods of time so that it will blend nicely w/o causing heat damage
some of the wet and wavy textures straighten and blend really nice with natural hair. they look like pressed natural hair and not so silky so they blend better

Hey Nichi, how on earth do you get your natural hair to match the weave. I used the exact same weave type (Goddess remi) but it's a nightmare blending. I wash and flat iron every sat. It kinda looks like a good blend until Mon. By Tues, the leave out hair has a life of it's own. You can see what I mean in the pictures below. Sorry if they're too big :look:

u might want to try a coarser texture like yaki natural. the straight remi's are really nice but when you're natural you really have to be an expert at safely pressing your hair and maintaining it for long periods of time so that it will blend nicely w/o causing heat damage
some of the wet and wavy textures straighten and blend really nice with natural hair. they look like pressed natural hair and not so silky so they blend better

you know, this may be a good idea. I have fine hair and i feel that I can flat iron pretty well to blend with the weave. With hair, make sure you get weave that blends well with your hair straight. Go to the BSS with some hair straight and see what works. I think it's important. I think for my next sew-in may not be straight, just because I want something different. I'm doing this next

n37523313_35461988_5803.jpg

i found it it's Bohyme Brazilian French Wave I think my cousin said, so I'll be looking out for it. I heard it can be straightened too, it's just a little more work. Something like this may be what you may like, Naija. Also, you can just leave a little hair out like Tinnell has here and blend by two strand twisting

nichi im just imagining those layers shakin and swingin that match is toooo perfect :drool:
i mean the color... the texture... yeah. thats nice. thats real nice.

This is exactly what is happening to me right now. I am in a wet and wavy but my hair is not blending so well. As a result, I had to go back to the stylist and have her braid more of my hair in so that I don't have to blend so much hair. It's better but you can still see the different textures.

The only hair that I"ve used that blended well with my texture is the kinky straight from hairesthetics.com. Otherwise I think if I want a 'silkier' texture I'll do a closure next time.

what are u putting on it?
mine itches like crazy too :perplexed

It doesn't itch all the time. I'm just used to cowashing every couple of days when my hair is out so my scalp is just getting used to going longer without washing. Also bc of the cornrows I can't get to all the areas of my scalp and I'm sure that contributes to it too

Can I be added to the second half of this challenge? Im already weaved up:grin:

weave.jpg

IMG00363-20100525-1639.jpg

IMG00367-20100525-1842.jpg

^^^ManeVixen----I love it! What kind of hair was used here?

Hey ladies this is my newest self install done on May 14th, I'm hoping I can keep it in until the end of Aug, we'll see. I'm excited cause I'm only about 1.5-2 inches from MBL so hopefully when I take down in Aug I can claim it. **crosses fingers**

sorry the pics are sideways i didn't know they would come out like that. don't know how to fix it, sry.

^^^Really nice mEmYSELFaND...can you share the hair brand used here?

Very natural looking!!!

What kind of hair did u use for this install?

MY UPDATE!!!

On second install..not much growth..my health is affecting my hair..will continue with installs for the remainder of the year...I need to get my iron in check!

^^Im sorry I dont know the brand....the hair was supplied by the stylist...Jehan. She also sells hair. I do know its Human Yaki Remi. Its really good hair, Im taking it down next week but I can defintely get if not one possibly 2 more installs with it. And Ive washed it weekly.
***update the brand used in the photos is Halley's Curls Salon Relaxed.***

Last edited:
!BqRCbb!!mk~$(KGrHqEH-DEEuVETHe5eBLu+0SgfE!~~_35.JPG

I'm getting this hair sewn in this week. I don't know what they did to it in this pic,but when I wet it,it kinks up tp type 4 hair,imo. I uhave used one pack for the occasional phony ponies beofre and it matches perfectly to my texture.

I'm so nervous * bites nails*

How often do you guys dc the week before installing a sew in/

I plan on doing moisture dc's every day this week until i get this hair hooked up on thursday. Is that too much? Should I throw a protein dc in there?

I missed your question. My braids are about the same size at lil sparkles. That's a good size and when your sister uses the thread tell her not to pull it too taunt. No need to suffocate the cornrows. lol. You want your install to be secure and sturdy but not tight.
Thank you:bighug:

%21BqRCbb%21%21mk%7E$%28KGrHqEH-DEEuVETHe5eBLu+0SgfE%21%7E%7E_35.JPG

I'm getting this hair sewn in this week. I don't know what they did to it in this pic,but when I wet it,it kinks up tp type 4 hair,imo. I uhave used one pack for the occasional phony ponies beofre and it matches perfectly to my texture.

I'm so nervous * bites nails*

Hi ladybeesrch!

What brand & type of hair is this? It looks great and id love to use this for the install i plan on doing in the next few weeks. It would be the perfect match for my hair!

Thanks!

Hi ladybeesrch!

What brand & type of hair is this? It looks great and id love to use this for the install i plan on doing in the next few weeks. It would be the perfect match for my hair!

Thanks!

Hey hun! This is Zury Indian Remy Brazilian Wet & Wavy:yep:
I think I'm getting 14 ins. Good hair for store bought stuff.

Hello all!

I am new to the site and I would like to join this challenge. I am getting my install in the morning. Here's some background info:

I have neck length hair, texlaxed. I went without a relaxer for over a year and just recently texlaxed this past February (my hair was APL, but I had to chop off ALOT, I cried). I tried to wear protective styles (braids, sew-ins) but my hair was so jacked up from not taking care of my hair while it was being "protected". As a personal preference, I decided to stick with relaxing.

I texlaxed the front portion of my hair, which will be left out.

I really don't have a regimen, but I wash and dc my hair once a week. I use ORS products.

I will take pictures of my install.

I know i'm mad late to this challenge but this is exactly what I want same style and everyhing. I.NEED.THIS.IN.MY.LIFE does anyone know what hair or who or what company i can get this from. Pretty please

119582376-1d4262e1d45fcfdecadbb7cfe.jpg

:thud: i.can't...uh its just too fab

Hey Lady dont give up! I posted a thread a while back about figuring out how to blend this hair. For me the key was blow drying with a comb attachement, using the comb chase method and using a serum. I used chi silk infusion.

and I work out 3x a week myself I posted how I tie up my hair at night and 4 workouts so that I could keep the hair straight

take a look:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=428708&page=2

Back