Weave It Up Challenge 2010

YAY! I have my install!! :drunk:

I used Remi Goddess 10" in a color 4 and 2. My stylist used a net and I have some pics of that if any one cares to see. I love it though I may ask her to cut some off so it doesn't look SO wiggie. :yep:

I have some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_4431.JPG
    IMG_4431.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4457.jpg
    IMG_4457.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4439.JPG
    IMG_4439.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4441.JPG
    IMG_4441.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4467.jpg
    IMG_4467.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Hello again? Okay I had my install done on the 7th of January. I used milky way platinum collection remy touch hair in 1b and 2 at 12 inches. I am unable to post my install pic as I have packed some of my things for my redeployment back to the united states. I will try to post a pic was back on us soil and able to unpack my bags. I will try to locate my camara before then.

I have a few questions. How long can you leave a weave in safely? Will it be ok if I re-install immediately after taking down a weave, washing and deep conditioning?

I used Remi Goddess 10" in a color 4 and 2. My stylist used a net and I have some pics of that if any one cares to see. I love it though I may ask her to cut some off so it doesn't look SO wiggie. :yep:

I have some pics:

Very nice looks natural:grin:

I can't find the rules of this challenge. Was this for sew-ins only, because I've decided that my hair can't deal with sew-ins anymore and will be using half-wigs from now on.

Do u mean curly?

No, I meant flat ironed. Was it flat ironed in that pic? I want/need to see it flat ironed to see if it will blend with transitioning hair. My hair still retains a bit of texture - barely visible, unless it is being blended with silky straight hair - and I wanted to know if the Bohyme Brazilian retained a bit of texture when straightened.

I have some pics:

This is beautiful !!!

Btw if and when you decide to cut it off you don't have to sacrifice length... (esp if you want to reuse the hair). Just ask her to thin it out into more wispy layers to make it look more natural. Check out Nichi's threads to see what I mean.

I can't find the rules of this challenge. Was this for sew-ins only, because I've decided that my hair can't deal with sew-ins anymore and will be using half-wigs from now on.

I moved the rules to another post a few pages back. The challenge is for sew ins. Sorry the sew in didn't work out. I found two threads though that are for wig or half-wigs:

Wig Challenge 2010

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=426986&highlight=wig+challenge

Half Wig Support:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=425568

I have a few questions. How long can you leave a weave in safely? Will it be ok if I re-install immediately after taking down a weave, washing and deep conditioning?

You can leave a weave in safely for 10-12 weeks if you are diligent with the up-keep. Others recommend 6-8 weeks. I suggest giving your hair at least a 1-2 week break before re-installing.

No, I meant flat ironed. Was it flat ironed in that pic? I want/need to see it flat ironed to see if it will blend with transitioning hair. My hair still retains a bit of texture - barely visible, unless it is being blended with silky straight hair - and I wanted to know if the Bohyme Brazilian retained a bit of texture when straightened.

Oh I see what you're saying...but ooooh gurl, i dont know if Im gonna be re straightening once I wash (curly)...seems like too much work or maybe I'm just lazy:lachen:If i decide to, you know I'll post pics. Im sure someone on BHM has done this successfully though:yep:

Sorry ladies Im late to post pics of my install. I wanted to look fly for New Years so I went ahead and had it done on 12/30/09. My friend did it and I used Halleys Curls Gentle wavy. I dont have any pics taken the day of the install but I do have some candids from New Years. Ill repost my starting pic from the last time I got my hair professionally straightened along with pics of my install. Please excuse my goofy expression in the last pic.

Attachments

• 10-02-09.jpg
    10-02-09.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 53
  • dec weave install.jpg
    dec weave install.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 85
Sorry ladies Im late to post pics of my install. I wanted to look fly for New Years so I went ahead and had it done on 12/30/09. My friend did it and I used Halleys Curls Gentle wavy. I dont have any pics taken the day of the install but I do have some candids from New Years. Ill repost my starting pic from the last time I got my hair professionally straightened along with pics of my install. Please excuse my goofy expression in the last pic.
^^so cute!! it looks really natural.. i love your expression...trust me, my friends are always catching me looking crazy @ parties...i have to go through their cameras and delete those pics:lachen:

Nice !!!:grin:

It really depends on how you are taking care of your hair underneath as well as how prone to matting and tangling your hair is. I've seen people such as Pamera on fotki leave her install in for 5-6 months with no problem. But most people suggest not to go past 3 months. I usually don't go past 3 months, but thats because Im dying to take it out by then. Also I dont see a problem with taking down an install and re-installing right away. I do that everytime. But I do take one day to wash, prepoo, and DC in between installs. But again what works for one person may not work for everyone.

I like it, did she use a closure?

Yep, she closed it up. (I hope I answered this question LOL)

Very nice looks natural:grin:

Well thank you!!

This is beautiful !!!

Btw if and when you decide to cut it off you don't have to sacrifice length... (esp if you want to reuse the hair). Just ask her to thin it out into more wispy layers to make it look more natural. Check out Nichi's threads to see what I mean.

You know, she said something to me about wispy the layers but I told her we can do it for my next wash. I figured I'd enjoy for a little bit. :grin:

BUT! I find that the hair is itchy :nono:

i love the mix of color :yep:

Thank you! :drunk: I thought I was doing something by not getting a 1B LOL

Okay, here is a pic of my first self-install. I will aim to keep it in for 4 weeks. This is right after I installed it, prior to flat ironing my natural hair, or the exensions. It's a bit long. I will probably cut it (or go to get it cut) half-way through the time it will be in - maybe in a couple weeks. I work it to work today in a bun. I wore it out Saturday and Sunday. I'm not used to weave so I had a tendency to keep pointing it out to people. My own mother looked at me and said "you sure do have a lot of hair." (I rarely wear my natural hair out and straight so even those closest to me don't really know how long my hair is.)

Specs:

Motown Tress HH Kinky (10"/1B - this hair was more of a dark brown than the 1B I'm used to)

Attachments

• DSCN1487.jpg
    DSCN1487.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 55
Okay, here is a pic of my first self-install. I will aim to keep it in for 4 weeks. This is right after I installed it, prior to flat ironing my natural hair, or the exensions. It's a bit long. I will probably cut it (or go to get it cut) half-way through the time it will be in - maybe in a couple weeks. I work it to work today in a bun. I wore it out Saturday and Sunday. I'm not used to weave so I had a tendency to keep pointing it out to people. My own mother looked at me and said "you sure do have a lot of hair." (I rarely wear my natural hair out and straight so even those closest to me don't really know how long my hair is.)

Specs:

Motown Tress HH Kinky (10"/1B - this hair was more of a dark brown than the 1B I'm used to)
Looks natural, is it a partial? I really need to stop being scared and start doing my own installs:yep:

Looks natural, is it a partial? I really need to stop being scared and start doing my own installs:yep:

Nope, it's not a partial. It's a full weave. I have about 1/4 inch of the edges and nape out with about a 3 x 2 inch horseshoe at the top. Next time I will probably do a larger horeshoe.It's definitely a learning process. The hair I used was inexpensive. I do plan on going up in hair quality eventually, but not until maybe the 3rd month in. I had to tighten some tracks last night...and it's only been in since Saturday. :perplexed But again, this is my first self-install.

I say go for it girl! Start out with reasonably priced hair, and then go up in quality as you learn and get better.

I braided my base Friday night (took about 30 mins). Then sewed on Saturday...took about 2 hours I believe.

Nope, it's not a partial. It's a full weave. I have about 1/4 inch of the edges and nape out with about a 3 x 2 inch horseshoe at the top. Next time I will probably do a larger horeshoe.It's definitely a learning process. The hair I used was inexpensive. I do plan on going up in hair quality eventually, but not until maybe the 3rd month in. I had to tighten some tracks last night...and it's only been in since Saturday. :perplexed But again, this is my first self-install.

I say go for it girl! Start out with reasonably priced hair, and then go up in quality as you learn and get better.

I braided my base Friday night (took about 30 mins). Then sewed on Saturday...took about 2 hours I believe.
Maybe when I take this one out sometime in April.
I thought when u leave hair out the perimeter and horseshoe = Partial? and when u leave no real hair out = Full weave?

Maybe when I take this one out sometime in April.
I thought when u leave hair out the perimeter and horseshoe = Partial? and when u leave no real hair out = Full weave?

A full weave is when you leave the perimeter and horseshoe (the perimeter is optional), a full-head weave is no natural hair out. A partial is when you have hair between your wefts. So for instance, if I had a braid with a weft attached I would then have about 1/2 - 2 inch of my natural hair over it, then I would do another braid and attach a weft, covered by my natural hair, etc.

I hope that makes sense.

I have some pics:

Cute Install

A full weave is when you leave the perimeter and horseshoe (the perimeter is optional), a full-head weave is no natural hair out. A partial is when you have hair between your wefts. So for instance, if I had a braid with a weft attached I would then have about 1/2 - 2 inch of my natural hair over it, then I would do another braid and attach a weft, covered by my natural hair, etc.

I hope that makes sense.

Yes it does:yep::yep::yep:oh wow...u learn sth new everyday....I guess i have a full weave then (but no horseshoe was left out only the perimeter)

I self installed also, but I practice using cheap janet collection hair, the first one the thread started coming loose by the 2nd day and after a wk i took it out. the second installment last longer, about 4wks. then i invested in good remy hair that i bought from china. Practice does make my installment look better. just practice practice practice

Back