Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

Wash day was yesterday!

I cowashed with No More Suds and detangled with my Tangle Teezer brush. I though that detangling would be more difficult since I skipped it last wash day, but it was a breeze. I detangled my hair in 2 sections instead of 4. I conditioned with Soften Me Up, and smoothed on Leave-In Condish and Coily Custard in 2 sections. I let my hair air dry and it didn't come out sticky!! Total time was 24 mins!

I think that I'm going to go back to air drying since I'm washing my hair every 3-4 days. It's day 2 and my hair is super frizzy, but that doesn't bother me :laugh: . I've decided to just sleep with a scarf tying my hair back and to stop pineappling for the most part. I'm worried that I'm putting too much tension on the middle of my head.

I have like 3 more washes before I shampoo again, and I don't think that I'm going to make it :laugh: . My hair is coming out frizzier and frizzier each time I wash it. I miss the smoothness shampoo provides, and I feel like my scalp is getting itchy.

My experiment was a success!!!!

I shampooed with Harm Me Knot, applied TGIN Mask and let it sit while I was in the shower (thanks @GettingKinky ). I did a light finger detangled. Then out of the shower, I smoothed on Coliy Custard followed by Eco Style gel.

It's a great combination!!! Soft but firm hold, and it added a little weight to my hair. Day 1 is good so far.

20230128_211747.jpg20230128_211727.jpg20230128_211949.jpg

recentw&g.jpg
here's where my length is now in a w&g... its shoulder length in the back and maybe at the bottom of my chin in the front. I'm not keen to w&g's just yet because i feel i look better in my two braids but i wear them every once in a while to see my progress. My hair when stretched is like mid back in the back and between armpit and bra strap in the front. I hope to grow it to my tailbone (if i can).

This is how i wear my hair most days
protectivestyle.jpg

I'm thinking about going back to my once a week wash and style schedule.
why don't u blow dry it???
When I blow dry, I don't have much patience, so I blow dry on hot and high :laugh: . My hair is fine so far, but I can see how it could be damaging overtime since I was blow drying twice a week. If I go back to washing just once a week, I have no problem going back to blow drying.

I'm thinking about going back to my once a week wash and style schedule.

When I blow dry, I don't have much patience, so I blow dry on hot and high :laugh: . My hair is fine so far, but I can see how it could be damaging overtime since I was blow drying twice a week. If I go back to washing just once a week, I have no problem going back to blow drying.
oh ok i see what u mean.... twice a wk is too much for me too... i've gone the blow drying route because i only wash and go every once in a blue moon.

Today's WNG

So after years of cycling through products, I may be discovering that cheapie argan oil Eco Styler gel gives me the best look. I was in a rush yesterday and skipped a leave in so it's kind of dry even though I scrunched out the crunch. Now I guess I'm searching for a leave in that will work well with it.

full

Today's WNG

So after years of cycling through products, I may be discovering that cheapie argan oil Eco Styler gel gives me the best look. I was in a rush yesterday and skipped a leave in so it's kind of dry even though I scrunched out the crunch. Now I guess I'm searching for a leave in that will work well with it.
When I have to do a quick wash & go for my kids, I use Giovanni Direct Leave-In under Argan Oil Eco Styler gel. It can actually last 5-6 days, though we usually spritz the hair with a mix of water and aloe vera to refresh it a bit. I’m not crazy about the Giovanni in general, but it does work well with the EcoStyler for a wash & go. My kids have very different hair textures, but it works equally well on both of them.

On Saturday, I shampooed once with Paul Mitchell One and applied my henna mix. I left this on for about 6hrs, before rinsing well and applying a mix of hydrated fenugreek and conditioner (CR Algae Renew + Sukin Hydrating con because I love a mix). On Sunday, I rinsed and applied Miche custard in four large sections in the shower. Outside of the shower, I used diluted KCCC and diffused for about an hr until dry. Tonight, I dusted some ends.
How often do you henna?

Another question, how do I get less crunch with jello shot? I love love love this gel but the hold is scary I think it might break my hair off lol.

do I use less? Put an oil underneath? Put an oil
On top? Help lol
The key is to either use a gel very high in humectants that necessarily don't hold your hair strands alone and then less Jelloshot on top or a leave-in. Jelloshot is best for humid weather climate, where your hair won't soften up to pull moisture from the air and get frizzy. For this week I've done a washngo with the As I Am so much moisture hydrating lotion & Jelloshot on top and I've been loving it. My hair is somewhere between a soft & hard gel cast. Day 4 hair still holding up perfect without crisp & crunch. :)

I’m really interested in the part about your curls being completely separate. I do a lot of raking to try and achieve that result. I end up with a lot of small very well defined curl clumps, but they snag on each other so I don’t think I could change my part without causing a lot of frizz. This technique also results in a lot of shrinkage.

I’ve always thought adding a silicone serum at the end might help with the snagging, but then I would have to use a strong shampoo to remove it. Or maybe I need to rake less so that my curl clumps are bigger, then there would be fewer clumps to snag on each other.
For me what has really helped over the years is to focus on smoothing. It kind of depends on the curls size, but the tighter it is, smoothing helps to get your hair to the point where you see in what size of curl bundles the hair strands want to clump and separate. This is where raking or using the fingers to separate these clumps work best. But when you focus on raking only and not enough smoothing, it will create very uniform curls, since you’re deciding how big the curls are going to be left separated. The more water you use to dilute the gel, the more they will separate with ease.

I was going to wash my hair once I get in from work, but I'm putting it off until Saturday, since I'm still tired from staying up late to do someone's hair, and I'll be doing my brother's hair tomorrow evening. I'm on day 11 of this wash n go, and tying it up when I get in helps me keep my hands out of it.

Today's WNG

full
Try Mielle pomegranate leave in

I got some Cantù sulfate free shampoo and I like it so far! I used the Mielle Pom conditioner as a leave-in oil moisturizer. I will get some Nairobi foam soon. I cut all of that color out of my hair. So now I’m back at point A, but I’m happy to start off with a clean slate this year. I’m trying to not use the rest of the Mielle Pom leave-in I have, until I find a replacement.

Today was wash day!!! I got 7 full days out of my wash n'go!

Cleanses: Harm Me Knot
Conditioned: Soften Me Up
Style: Leave-in Condish and Coily Custard

This time I applied leave-in in the shower in 4 sections, and I smoothed on Coily Custard in 8 sections out of the shower. I definitely got smoother results. I blowdried my hair probably 90% dry.

20230205_150221.jpg20230205_150136.jpg20230205_150129.jpg

I’m going to catch up on all that I missed on this thread later today. I just wanted to post this video here and see what your thoughts are on it. It ran through my YT feed this morning. I don’t necessarily agree with him nor do I think men should dictate how women wear their hair. However, the BGC angular hairstyle is hitting Hollywood. LOL

Back