Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

My shipping label for the earthtones max gel was created! I also ordered the hair butter. I have no idea why. It IS detox compliant as there are no oils and butters in the first 5 ingredients.

Maybe I can use it in a similar manner to inner peace?

I was also thinking about how sometimes the A’s recommend the curl mix wash and go system, but those products have oil in the first 5 ingredients.

It’s all confusing.

My entwine butter is arriving today, but I already know I’m not going to use it. I’ll probably give it away.

My jello shot is in the fridge. I can tell it’s going to be inconvenient. I’m going to have to LOVE it in order to make it a regular.
I remember when you posted about it and I eagerly went to the website... only to see it has to be refrigerated and has a 6 month shelf life :perplexed: . I was like damn lol.
@toaster I look forward to seeing your review on the Earthtones gel. I watched Embrace Natural's video ya'll posted and was ready to pull the trigger, but then I stopped for a moment. I think she has unicorn hair and everything she uses seems to work for her. Her hair seems pretty uniform and a smoother silkier surface texture. When I was on their digital salon someone posted a video of her using Curl Mix cream and Aeshia said... nahhh, idk if I'd try that b/c Abena truly has unicorn hair.

@Britt she definitely has unicorn hair!! I just rewatched her video on the gel to try and pick up tips.

I’m going to try the max gel alone first. Then maybe I’ll try it under their butter? And then maybe I’ll try it over their butter?

That way I’ll have 3 examples of using the product.

@Britt she definitely has unicorn hair!! I just rewatched her video on the gel to try and pick up tips.

I’m going to try the max gel alone first. Then maybe I’ll try it under their butter? And then maybe I’ll try it over their butter?

That way I’ll have 3 examples of using the product.
I have the hair butter, I use it as a moisturizer for my daughter. It's not your typical oily butter. product I wouldn't use it for a wash n go though. But maybe it will go well with their gel. I really liked how Embrace Natural used the Earthtones gel. I was blown away when she showed a video of her hair on day 14 of a wash n go. I think between her texture and her length, she's able to have such lasting wash n go's.

I’m not sure if this is how you link a YouTube video, but this girl got a nice wash and go from the earthtones max gel. Video is too long, but at the end she shows her day 3/4 hair.

My shipping label for the earthtones max gel was created! I also ordered the hair butter. I have no idea why. It IS detox compliant as there are no oils and butters in the first 5 ingredients.

Maybe I can use it in a similar manner to inner peace?

I was also thinking about how sometimes the A’s recommend the curl mix wash and go system, but those products have oil in the first 5 ingredients.

It’s all confusing.

My entwine butter is arriving today, but I already know I’m not going to use it. I’ll probably give it away.

I notice this to, I think the method of avoiding products with oil in the first five ingredients was to keep ppl from overusing products at every step (Shampooing to styling) that has heavy butters or oils. So ppl can see how harmful it can be and see how their hair can respond favorably without these ingredients. Basically deprograming ppl from thinking moisture or retaining moisture =oils & butters. Just my take and from listening to their podcast and reading blogs/articles from them.

I’m on day 7 of this wng. A bit of frizz is evident but I think I know why so I’m not overly bothered My last set, I used the method spoken about here that Abena Palmore uses of base gel, big twists, wait a few hours, topper gel. It made a big difference in definition and works very well with the amount of time I usually have between when I get off work and when my son comes home. Actually, I’m not sure if it was just that my hair had time to suck up the moisture from the UFD (high po woes) but it was so much easier to apply my topper gel (Alikay Lemongrass even though it has to be emulsified with a LOT of water).

B3435914-0AF3-4B83-B881-ED22CF1D50D5.jpeg BD61A0EB-A764-4D8E-AD8A-99141804F9F3.jpeg
(no idea why they come in sideways, sorry)

I made Some Decisions :look:
-I’m going to give the Curlsmith colored gels (Ruby, rose gold, copper or turquoise) a try. But I’m going to use it either at the very top of my head or on my back quarter for a peekaboo of color. I assume if I use it as a topper gel for those areas, hold should be less of an issue

-a standing dryer is becoming a necessity. The folding one I have is a giant pain- and giant too- and never folds or unfolds completely. I think I’ll get more use out of a standing dryer than the Dyson right now.

My jello shot is in the fridge. I can tell it’s going to be inconvenient. I’m going to have to LOVE it in order to make it a regular.
Honestly, I would probably forget I have it in there. It happened when I had a vitamin c serum that needed to be refrigerated lol I wonder if it would fit in a skincare fridge...? :look:

I’m on day 7 of this wng. A bit of frizz is evident but I think I know why so I’m not overly bothered My last set, I used the method spoken about here that Abena Palmore uses of base gel, big twists, wait a few hours, topper gel. It made a big difference in definition and works very well with the amount of time I usually have between when I get off work and when my son comes home. Actually, I’m not sure if it was just that my hair had time to suck up the moisture from the UFD (high po woes) but it was so much easier to apply my topper gel (Alikay Lemongrass even though it has to be emulsified with a LOT of water).

View attachment 468927 View attachment 468929

-I’m going to give the Curlsmith colored gels (Ruby, rose gold, copper or turquoise) a try. But I’m going to use it either at the very top of my head or on my back quarter for a peekaboo of color. I assume if I use it as a topper gel for those areas, hold should be less of an issue

-a standing dryer is becoming a necessity. The folding one I have is a giant pain- and giant too- and never folds or unfolds completely. I think I’ll get more use out of a standing dryer than the Dyson right now.

Girl this method works for you!!

View attachment 468927 View attachment 468929

Your hair looks great! I love my standing dryer. Best hair purchases I've made recently.

@LavenderMint
Your day 7 looks great. I think I would like Abena’s method but I don’t want to wait around a few hours for my hair to partially dry in twists.

You have a skin care fridge? Where do you keep it? DH would think I was crazy for getting one even though he had a beverage fridge for his beer.
I’ve considered it (for next to my bed) but haven’t made the plunge for that yet. Mainly because I’d probably end up with cans of sparkling water in it instead of sheet masks & serums. Some of the ones I’ve seen on Ama.zon are big enough to hold six cans.

And this why I will continue to spend a few dollars on products that work. Attached is day 6 wash n go. I used UFD, ICH, and Trepadora. I could’ve gotten another two more days out of it.
I went to my stylist earlier for a cut and color. She told me how much she loved my wash n go and asked what do I use. From the moment she took out her styling product and I saw the consistency I knew it would be a trash wash n go. I have to redo it tomorrow morning.
4758522F-9578-4171-8167-B2CEF10E3315.jpegA5A477CB-CA3F-46A5-8058-95CA23743F11.jpeg3CD786DA-77A8-4F8A-8502-12D1E08027A8.jpeg

Last edited:
Just did a wash n go following Aishia’s (sp?) method from See Some Curls (joined since I was never part of the digital salon). I used UFD, ICH, and Trepadora. I’m still drying but this is looking promising! Good definition, no frizz (yet), and I’ve got more hang time than usual. Excited to see the final results tomorrow.

That cocoblack natural gel has did J well. I did his hair January 18th. Why is it still holding on? Im working this weekend but I plan to try and get to his hair sunday. The back is alway mushed because thats how he sleeps, but I just pull it out and fluff.

I ordered two more jars from the vendor.

@Britt Your hair looks amazing! I’m glad you are completely satisfied with your hair and products.
What products did your stylist have?
Thank you sis.
I hated the way my stylist did my wash n go. She tried a new product she’s making herself. The pics above were day 6 of me doing my own wash n go. Here is my wash n go this morning from my stylist visit yesterday.
A899EEEA-D2C6-48BA-86E8-FCD875FC9837.jpeg
i knew I wouldn’t like the wash n go the moment I saw the consistency of the profit and how it applied.

@Britt Nooooo. Do you like the way she cuts and colors?

Can’t wait to see your cut when you style it yourself!
I like the color. The cut seems ok so far. I’ll know when it dries. But even she was cutting it looked fine, she’s cut my hair before and I liked it. When I walked in she kept complimenting my hair and asked me what did I use and how I use it. Next time I’ll just get cut, color, blow dry.

@Britt your stylist definitely needs better products and/or technique. Good thing you are an expert at styling your hair.
Thank you !!! I thought the same. Good thing I can do it myself. It really drives home how niche these curly stylists are. It’s a specialty. You have to understand the right products to use, buildup, curl type/texture, which products to use. This morning my hair was a bushy, greasy fro. It literally just shrunk up into a matted mess :nono: . It wasn’t like a worn old wash n go either it was just a mess.

Thank you !!! I thought the same. Good thing I can do it myself. It really drives home how niche these curly stylists are. It’s a specialty. You have to understand the right products to use, buildup, curl type/texture, which products to use. This morning my hair was a bushy, greasy fro. It literally just shrunk up into a matted mess :nono: . It wasn’t like a worn old wash n go either it was just a mess.
You mentioned that this is a product she made herself. I wonder if she’s going to reach out for feedback because it sounds like that particular concoction isn’t suited for a wng.

speaking of products: it occurred to me that my hair flops forward & lays on my forehead 98% of the time, no matter wet or dry, unless I pin it back. HOWEVER, I have not had a single breakout on my forehead in forever. Maybe my skin has calmed down because I have not been the most consistent with my skincare routine; either way, these hair products are NOT causing my skin to go into a rebellion. That’s definitely note worthy to me because there have been times in the past where I have had multiple adverse reactions to products.

Back