Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

@faithVA a midweek short reset sounds nice! That’s basically what I do on Wednesdays (about to do it now!) a quick moisture shampoo, rinse out conditioner, and apply my gel.

On Sundays I do a deeper cleansing shampoo, rinse out conditioner and apply a DC while I’m in the shower, and then apply my gel.

@faithVA a midweek short reset sounds nice! That’s basically what I do on Wednesdays (about to do it now!) a quick moisture shampoo, rinse out conditioner, and apply my gel.

On Sundays I do a deeper cleansing shampoo, rinse out conditioner and apply a DC while I’m in the shower, and then apply my gel.
I did that last year. But since September I haven't been getting up early enough to squeeze it in. I don't dry my hair so I have to do it early morning. Just soooo lazy. :lol: My midweek is just a rinse and gel so I really need to force myself to get up and do it.

I think it is just that the seasons changed that got me off my game. I stopped going out so much so I had no real reason to make an effort on my hair. But hopefully spring changes all of that. :pray:

Joining for 2021. :dance7:

Please tell us about your hair (texture, pattern, porosity, length, etc). Past collarbone in the back (about 1.5" from APL.) Curly, kinky, frizzy, s-shaped curls and spirals.

What is your current regimen (frequency, techniques, products, etc) Shampoo, deep condition, detangle with conditioner before shampooing. No set frequency. I'm working on it.

What are your length goals from joining this challenge? BSL

What are your styling goals from joining this challenge? Trying to find the right combo of products to give a nice 5-day wash and go set and the right product combos for hold, shine, movement, and no flaking.

Any current struggles or concerns?
Trying to keep ssk at bay.

The entire hairline to about 2 inches back is my frizziest and dryest hair, so I use this section to do tests on because I know if products work there, they'll work on my whole head.

This first trial is 50/50 combo of Long Aid Curl Activator Gel mixed with Wetline Xtreme. I smooth on soaking wet hair and shake to separate the curls. I found this technique works best for me to separate my curls than using a comb or denman. It's been 2 days and my hair is still defined and has hold, but not very moisturized.

Attachments

• Long Aid and Wetline Xtreme 1.jpg
    Long Aid and Wetline Xtreme 1.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Long Aid and Wetline Xtreme 2.jpg
    Long Aid and Wetline Xtreme 2.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Long Aid and Wetline Xtreme 3.jpg
    Long Aid and Wetline Xtreme 3.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Of course since I did my hair this morning, my first meeting this morning they wanted video camera's on. What? Fortunately, it was all women and I just explained the situation and they understood. I need to be more prepared :lol:
Noooo. I tell everyone if I don’t have 24 hours notice, you cannot see my face.

I stay in my pajamas during work from home. Pajamas and my buff.

Noooo. I tell everyone if I don’t have 24 hours notice, you cannot see my face.

I stay in my pajamas during work from home. Pajamas and my buff.
I know I was shocked. I thought it was just a one on one and then found it was a group :shocked: I'm always dressed but I don't always do something to my head. And when I know I'm going to be on camera I put on a locsoc or slap cap. I just was not ready. But they all got a good laugh out of it and understood.

I think I figured out how to track my hair growth through pictures temporarily. My camera sucks and I'm being too cheap to buy a new phone :ohwell:

Today I realized I just need to take pics from the side until my hair grows out. You can see the growth from the side but not from the front.

So here is my side pic from November 14 to today. That is almost 3 months.

November 14th '20 February 3rd '21

20201114_163932.jpg 20210203_124816.jpg

20201114_163952.jpg 20210203_124742.jpg

I didn’t have time to do my midweek wash this morning so I’m wearing day 5 hair. It’s actually not as frizzy as it usually is by this point. I’m not sure if that’s the UFD or the extra raking.
I really don’t want it to be the UFD.

Now that I missed wash day I’ll probably just wait until Saturday and only wash once this week.

I didn’t have time to do my midweek wash this morning so I’m wearing day 5 hair. It’s actually not as frizzy as it usually is by this point. I’m not sure if that’s the UFD or the extra raking.
I really don’t want it to be the UFD.

Now that I missed wash day I’ll probably just wait until Saturday and only wash once this week.
You and UFD need to go ahead and make up. I'm not sure why you are always hating on it :rofl:

I post from my PC so it is easier. If I take pics on my phone I send them to my PC.
@HappyAtLast if you’re on your phone you can click “attach files” and click “photo library” and select your photos. The key is to click “show selected” at the bottom once you’ve selected your photo and change it from “actual size” to “medium or small.”
Thanks, Ladies. I still couldn't get them to upload from my phone, but it did work on my PC. Thanks!

Your schedule sounds just like mine except I do my deeper cleanse on Saturday. And I don’t DC.

I think I figured out how to track my hair growth through pictures temporarily. My camera sucks and I'm being too cheap to buy a new phone :ohwell:

Today I realized I just need to take pics from the side until my hair grows out. You can see the growth from the side but not from the front.

So here is my side pic from November 14 to today. That is almost 3 months.

November 14th '20 February 3rd '21

View attachment 468805 View attachment 468811

View attachment 468807 View attachment 468809

Get it girl!! Great progress!!

It’s mostly the smell. And the fact that I always lose some when I emulsify (but I’m getting better at that)

But I can’t deny that it does a good job.

I wonder if I could add a few drops of essential oil to make it smell better.
It is worth a try. Maybe take a small amount and put it in a jar or another bottle and try it with different oils. Maybe see what they scent it with first to see if you can find something that is compatible or even stronger.

I just did Wash #4 (I think?) since adopting a WNG, no oils/no butters regimen to up hair hydration. Prior to this wash, there were swatches of my hair - right above both ears - that refused to curl up. It would just frizz up lol, never define, unlike the rest of my hair. Well, guess what? Both swatches of hair curled up today with very minimal frizz. So exciting to see change/progress.

I just did Wash #4 (I think?) since adopting a WNG, no oils/no butters regimen to up hair hydration. Prior to this wash, there were swatches of my hair - right above both ears - that refused to curl up. It would just frizz up lol, never define, unlike the rest of my hair. Well, guess what? Both swatches of hair curled up today with very minimal frizz. So exciting to see change/progress.
:congrats: You are on your way. It won't take too much longer.

My ecoslay jello shot arrived today!! I’m going to try it on Saturday. I think I’m going to try it solo. I’m so excited to see how it turns out. Everyone says it’s has incredibly strong hold.
I can’t wait for your results!!! Use it alone with small sections so we can see how long it lasts.

This weekend I might treat myself to the earthtones gel and we can compare!

Back