Waistlength by 2008 Challenge

I'm in of course....but I have a long way to go..don't think I'll make it to waistlength by then, but I'll try.

Hey guys, there is a waistlength 2007 challlenge -- i bumped it up for you guys to see, but ill tell you what it is called - Waistlength by 2007!!!*Challenge*

I want to join. I am at apl now (alittle past) and believe I will make it to BSL by no later than September. I think I should be able to make it to waist length by Jan 1st 2008.

I want to join. WL is longer than I ever imagined but my hair is already longer than it's ever been. I'll give myself until 12-31-2008 to get to WL. I should be at BSL by the end of this summer but I'm giving myself until 12-31-06. Two years should be more than enough time to get from BSL to WL, right?:)

I wanna join :D I think i'm a little past apl now. Getting so close to bsl, so waistlength here i come:)

Last edited:
BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!

I hate to see a challenge disappear, and this one seems great. I want to join even though I don't think I'll make waistlength. I'd much rather have BSL to Midback but this should be fun. Are there any updates from the ladies who joined earlier?

How long do you think it will take to get from BSL to WL? I figure about a year. Im close to BSL in back and about 1" past APL on the side layers. I want my side layers to be BSL by January and figure i'll be mid-back by November the latest. I'm gonna start trimming soon so I guess if I trim 1" a month and get 2" and have about 8 inches to go I could make it by March/April.

I'm starting over with my hair as of two weeks ago. I had to stop supplements and was a little off the hair thing I guess i'm back.

I'm restarting supplements, starting with my MSM and a multivit, ultra hair thick shake, biotin and pantothenic acid.

Exercise, exercise, exercise

Eating properly

Sew ins until I get tired of them

and MTG maybe

Products:

Suave Humectant, Suave's biolage knockoff, Suave daily conditioner, Mane 'N Tale poo m con, Scurl and coconut grease (the one in the clear container with blue wording)

I'm wanting to do braids sometime next year to help protect my hair; however, I am afraid that the braider might braid too tight to my scalp or try to braid my edges. I am planning on getting some decent size braids, not too small, do African hair braiding places typically braid tight to the scalp?

The one yr anniversary since my BC is coming up and I've figured that I've retained most of the growth I was suppose to. I have about 4-5 ins all around and thats after an 1/2 in to 1 in cut. If I can push it to 7 it should take me about 2 yrs to get there - which is 2008

MissFallon said:
How long do you think it will take to get from BSL to WL? I figure about a year. Im close to BSL in back and about 1" past APL on the side layers. I want my side layers to be BSL by January and figure i'll be mid-back by November the latest. I'm gonna start trimming soon so I guess if I trim 1" a month and get 2" and have about 8 inches to go I could make it by March/April.

i think it'll take me over a year. it seems like my hair only grows about 1/3 to 1/2 inch a month :cool: i'm exercising more now so hopefully that'll help :)

I want to join to. I would need 1 inch per month for the next 18 months. Does anyone know how I could consistenly acheive that?

Also, can we update each other monthly to check out progress?

i'm in, i just bc'd a few weeks ago so i figure i'll be at APL by dec.of 06;
bsl by june 07; mbl by dec.07; wl by dec. 08
wml (wish me luck)

Newbie jumping on the bandwagon. I have 8-10" to get there. If I don't b/c too many times I think I can (no I know I can) do it.:p

just checking in on you ladies to see what your doing.

Right now i'm on the water/vitamin challenge, hide hair until xmas challenge, sew-in challenge (my modified C&G) and K.I.S.S challenge

I only use 6 products on my hair, Suave humectant and their biolage shampoo knockoff, castor oil amla oil scurl and MTG. I spray with water daily.

right now i'm in a sew in and plan on using them until xmas

Hmmm now that I have calmed down on this scissor obsession, this maybe something that I can participate in :lol: Im down :yep:

I'm in too.

When I let my hair down this past Saturday, my husband came up to me, flipped it over my shoulders and said, "wow, look how long your hair has gotten. It doesn't even look real.:D :D :D Of course, when he said that, I had to walk away so he could see it swang.:lachen:

Also, Vitamin World MSM is the most potent sulpha supplement I've taken. My new growth is much smoother and wavy. The stands are alot stronger too. The only thing is that I broke out on my face. But, after using my Retin-A AND my husband's Retin-A Micro, they went away.

Look out waist length -- HERE I COME!

Back