Waist Length by December 2005

I know I saw that Awapuhi post and was like oh no /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Add #8 onto my ""have"" to get but really don't need it" list

Nyambura said:
Me too! (I know it may be a wild goose chase, but...)

Ditto!
I'm in! I'm currently a BSL girl (although I probably won't be after I get it 'trimmed' by a professional but better now than later).

I think waist length is 8-9 inches from bra-strap for me. When wet, my hair currently stretches to 5-6 inches within my waist. Basically, I'm not really sure how far I have to go, but 8 is a safe guess. Unfortunately, I usually only make/grow about 5-6 inches a year so this is DEFINITELY a challenge!

Waist length wasn't my goal by the way- I only want near-waistlength, ie about 3 inches above it. I definitely planned to reach that goal in 2005 so shooting for waist won't hurt!

I'm in! The way my hair is growing I might be there in about 3 months. I know I'm really close now. I just have to get my hair flat ironed to find out how close.

BahamaMama said:
Ditto!
I'm in! I'm currently a BSL girl (although I probably won't be after I get it 'trimmed' by a professional but better now than later).

I think waist length is 8-9 inches from bra-strap for me. When wet, my hair currently stretches to 5-6 inches within my waist. Basically, I'm not really sure how far I have to go, but 8 is a safe guess. Unfortunately, I usually only make/grow about 5-6 inches a year so this is DEFINITELY a challenge!

Update- I'm out! If it wasn't a challenge before (and it was), it certainly would be now!
I did indeed get my hair 'trimmed' by a professional a week ago and I've been set back at least a year. I lost 4-5 inches, went from 1-2 inches below bra-strap to above bra-strap. From what I glimpsed in the mirror after my blowout, (I didn't have the heart to look too closely and measure accurately), I am now where I was a year ago. *sigh*

(Visual: my current avatar is my hair in January 2005. My hair in June 2005 pre-cut was at least 2 inches below that- at the photo cut off point. Now, it's about 2 inches shorter than what's in the avatar. I'll work up the courage to get an accurate measurement soon :( )

Anyway, good luck to the rest of you ladies!
I'll join the waist length by Summer 2006 challenge if there's one! ;)

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever joined a challenge before so I'm not quite sure what is expected of me... :look: I suppose waistlength by December is a realistic goal.

What the hey, why not? Count me in. :)

I've been doing the baggie, moisturizing, self trimm and I started MTG. I have gotten a good 2-3 inches in the last 1.5 months and most importantly retained it. Keep on growing that hair ladies we can do it.
Please stay away from the scissor happy stylists

SherryLove said:
i probably will make it by then, but my hair will be thin as heck.....oh well...

R u kidding-You're already there @ waist, you may be at tailbone or close to it by 12/2005:D

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png

Oh Saddityone... Havent seen or heard from you in a minute girl! Where are you? Are we nearing our goals? We have one month left. I cant wait to find out just how many of us have reached our goals or at least come close.

Well I just re-braided, and I forgot to straighten a section to see, but natural growth was a good inch (1-1.5") including shrinkage sot I know it's more than than straight I haven't been using MTG like I should. I know I'll be real close to WSL in Dec but I'll be offically checking in Jan.

Hey,
where are all the challengers?
I'll take an official measurement when I unbraid, I only keep them in 2 months so that's end of Jan.

I'm 1" past BBSL stretched, so that's @ WSL-2" stretched, that's closer than I've ever been. Hope everyone got close to or to thier goals.

Last edited:
I have no idea how long my hair is now. I have not officially checked since december. I will not check until about april or may.

Still looking for you girl.....hope everything is ok.

I bet she reached her goals. She had such beautiful hair.....

Me, I think I needs me another year, :lol:

Back