[VIDEO] The Importance of the "Natural Hair" Movement by MyNaturalSistas

1QTPie

Elder Sim
I did a search, sorry if this was posted elsewhere.

The Importance of the "Natural Hair" Movement (pt. 2)

http://youtu.be/BulFjrgC2I4?t=1m45s

She addresses the issue of being called racist because some of us do not want to share everything that is ours with everyone. She discusses how this movement improves our children's self-esteem. She is not okay with inclusion.

I watched this and the one she did before this and was so happy that I didn't have to unsubscribe from all that luscious beautiful hair. Would have been a really sad day for me.

She addresses the issue of being called racist because some of us do not want to share everything that is ours with everyone. She discusses how this movement improves our children's self-esteem. She is not okay with inclusion.

And THIS right here is how you win Mos heart! She got her self a new stalker!

Thanks to the recent crap being said, I was afraid to click on this thread because I really like her and her sisters. Glad I clicked, I like her even more. :yep:

I love both of their videos. I really wished she went into what exactly the t-shirt symbolized because non-blacks would not get it at all. However she seems to be one of the few bloggers who gets the fact that there is a strong correlation between hair, skin color and privilege. Before the whole CN thing, I never knew that this fact was not common knowledge. I felt like I was in the twilight zone with some of the other blogger responses....

I love both of their videos. I really wished she went into what exactly the t-shirt symbolized because non-blacks would not get it at all. However she seems to be one of the few bloggers who gets the fact that there is a strong correlation between hair, skin color and privilege. Before the whole CN thing, I never knew that this fact was not common knowledge. I felt like I was in the twilight zone with some of the other blogger responses....

Yes! Immediately when she put on that t-shirt I had flashbacks to my childhood. I vividly remember swinging my "hair" in the mirror. I felt so beautiful. Little did I realize that at the tender age of 6, I was perpetuating self-hatred by choosing to wear a t-shirt instead of my own hair. This video was great!

Yup that tshirt thing was so real. I remember doing it but I had a relaxer at like 4 or 5 so I can't remember why because my hair was definitely straight lol maybe because it was linger than my hair.

YES!!! I watched both of these when they were posted and she spoke everything that I was feeling! Everything IS not for everybody!

I tried to watch but couldn't take the rambling. She is a cute girl though.

Sent from my galaxy s4 using LHCF

Back