Valentine's Day

I expressed my interest in some french macarons, sees candy (that I haven't had since leaving WA) and some french truffles.

I'm making him a well over due strawberry cheesecake.

Each of the kids are receiving a box of chocolate (from sees), a stuffed animal, and a money tree/plant.

He's planning our dinner and I'm planning our "dessert". :look:

:lol: He's picking out the restaurant, which is supposed to be nice, so I ordered a flower dress and pink sweater for our date. A family friend is a baker so I'm ordering a fresh strawberry cream cake. :lick: I also ordered some lingerie in our favorite color purple so we're gonna go back to his house after dinner and enjoy "dessert". :grin:

He's buying me a new sewing table :yay: and taking me out for dinner. I'm going to get him something cool and nerdy, as well as a box of these hand made chocolates:

397119_262499560485464_100001762666026_676035_612946153_n.jpg

aren't they cute? :lol:

A sexy blue silk tie and the words L.O.V.E. spelt out in huge chocolate bars :) and maybe cufflinks? Haven't made up my mind on that one...

He's planning our dinner and I'm planning our "dessert". :look:

:lol: He's picking out the restaurant, which is supposed to be nice, so I ordered a flower dress and pink sweater for our date. A family friend is a baker so I'm ordering a fresh strawberry cream cake. :lick: I also ordered some lingerie in our favorite color purple so we're gonna go back to his house after dinner and enjoy "dessert". :grin:

He's buying me a new sewing table :yay: and taking me out for dinner. I'm going to get him something cool and nerdy, as well as a box of these hand made chocolates:

397119_262499560485464_100001762666026_676035_612946153_n.jpg

aren't they cute? :lol:

A sexy blue silk tie and the words L.O.V.E. spelt out in huge chocolate bars :) and maybe cufflinks? Haven't made up my mind on that one...

How sweet! I don't have a SO but I probably would do something sweet and sappy knowing me..LOL

I've been meaning to look for a muffin pan that makes heart shaped muffins because I wanted to do something super corny like make heart shaped muffins. He's a healthnut but likes sweets and I have a low calorie recipe...and he thinks I don't do stuff like that, so I wanted to do it. And I really want to get basketball tickets because I think that would be a fun date, but I checked out the price and I don't want crappy seats but I don't want to spend a lot and look like a lame either, so I'll probably just skip that and get a pack of tennis balls because he's always saying we should play tennis and I look at him like this :ohwell:

Oh, and ona superficial note, I've been in a bun lately, so I plan to have my hair looking superfly. And I have a freakum pencil skirt that I've been dying to wear, so :look:

I bought him a present yesterday and he liked it. I got him the Gillette Fusion Proglide Styler razor so he doesn't have to shave his entire face when his beard gets too itchy. It was $18 at Walmart.

I purchased some candy, cards, sparkling wine and cute stuff. I am going to my Zumba class. I don't have a boo, but I am celebrating like I do.

Have fun ladies and please post updates on the 15th. :) I love LOVE.

Nothing. We are both not forced romantic types so we're not going to pretend. Or rather I told him not to bother :lol:

So I am spoiled, I buy dh vday cards, and well let him spoil me. We are going to the movies on Friday and out to dinner on Sunday. He always buys cards that make me cry and almost always surprises me with something that makes me cry (happy tears). I hope to get flowers on Tuesday:). But after reading your posts I have decided to make Saturday night his night. Going to buy a pretty new gown and be very sexy, make it an evening he will remember. So I guess dinner is Sunday but dessert will be on Saturday.

I found SO's perfect gift :superbanana:

e60f_arc_reactor_shirt.gif

How cool is this?! It's the arc reactor from Iron Man! Now he can wear it and pretend he is an Avenger :lol: :happydance:

So, I'm dating this guy...but it's only been 2 months. He takes me out on the regular and spends a lot of money on me.
I was thinking a $100 gift card to Nordstroms(he shops there), chocolate and a nice card. How does that sound?

ETA: I decided to nix the gift card and stick to Chocolate and a card.

Last edited:
I'm soooo happy to read that someone said 'NOTHING.' Because that's exactly what he's getting from me NOTHING. Do I feel bad, einh, I'm just not moved...he told me that he already ordered my gift...that's nice.

So, I'm dating this guy...but it's only been 2 months. He takes me out on the regular and spends a lot of money on me.
I was thinking a $100 gift card to Nordstroms(he shops there), chocolate and a nice card. How does that sound?

If it were me he'd only get a card, maybe the chocolates, but no gift card, not after just two months, but that's just me.

I was going to get my bf a flash for his camera but I'm having to buy a new car so I can't really afford to now... I don't know what to get him at this point... :(

If it were me he'd only get a card, maybe the chocolates, but no gift card, not after just two months, but that's just me.

hopeful,

You seem to be one of the relationship gurus on this forum. Why would you link the amount of money you spend on someone to the amount of time you've been with the person. What if that $ amount came easy to you (it's relative.)

My bf's b'day falls on Valentine's day. :sigh: I am buying him a gift for his birthday, but what I don't know. I will bake cupcakes or cookies and give him a card for his v-day gift.

I decided to bake him a cake. I bought some chocolate covered strawberries, and a mystery movie event from Groupon for next weekend. We'll also be going to the spa for a couple's massage, pedi/mani, and facials. lol It'll be a surprise to him.

I created these coupons for my SO for his birthday last month, but I think they would be cute as Valentines day gift too if anyone is interested. You don't have to give all the coupons. It's free and it's really cute when printed on cardstock. You can package it in a cute way. You just have to be willing to do the stuff on it when you give it to him. lol I had to hide his because I didn't want to be bothered. lol I limit it to one coupon redeemable each week, can't be combined, etc.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5Hz5AYcctUKNTRhZmU5Y2MtMjNhYy00NDNkLWFlZWUtZjlhOWVkMGJjMjI1

hopeful,

You seem to be one of the relationship gurus on this forum. Why would you link the amount of money you spend on someone to the amount of time you've been with the person. What if that $ amount came easy to you (it's relative.)

IMO Valentine's Day is different from someone's birthday or Christmas. I view it as a holiday for the guy to step it up and be extra romantic, etc. To me he should do more. Add to that only dating two months and there is no way I would do more than sweets and a card or some other token gift and a card. And it's not so much the amount of the gift, I wouldn't give him any type of monetary gift so soon. But that's just me. I think black women especially deserve to be wined and dined. Everyone should do what feels right for them though.

Back