Valentine's Day, How Did You Celebrate It?

He was sick, and ruined our plans :look:
Lol, it wasn't too bad though, and he was sick, so what are u gonna do.

We went to brunch later, then I went home and got dressed. He came back from wherever he went to and picked me up. Our movie sold out, so we saw The Wedding Ringer instead. It was cool.
Went to dinner at this local spot that is so cute and cozy. 4 course meal, and I was sleepy halfway through and wanted to go. :lol:

We went back home and exchanged gifts, watched a movie, smanged and fell asleep.

Perfect day, imo other than him having cooties. :yep:

My valentines day was pretty busy. In the early afternoon, I met with friends for brunch and then afterwards we went to the DDR (or GDR in English) Museum. Later on, we went to an indoor vintage market then had some pizzas for dinner.

To end the night (for me anyway), we went to a wine bar where you pay €2 euro entry / for a glass. You can choose whatever wine you want and get as much as you like. At the end, you pay what you feel is fair.

I pouted because I thought he didn't get me anything. Then we stopped at the Apple Store and he replaced my raggedy phone. We saw sisters the musical which was awesome.

We were gonna get korean BBQ- my fave but we settled on dinosaur bbq and took it home and had a picnic.

I had a really "moving" day.

• I had a afternoon meeting to attend.
  • A friend has been staying with me under a weekly payment agreement, en route to the meeting I went to her bank to cash her check; they would not :blush: The teller also confirmed that it would NOT be a good idea to process it through my bank.
  • After the meeting, I made a few calls.
  • I packed all of her belongings and took them to a storage unit; then I sent a text advising her of where they were, and of a local extended stay with "vacancies".
  • I canceled a (tentative) dinner date; :blush: purt a "No Vacancies" sign on my door, then made mah self a Moved-her-out-tini :grin: and called it a day.
It's cold as hell here, I felt a little bad but this was 3 weeks in a row with $ problems, and the 2nd time in less than 7 days her bank turned down a check; AND she's barely been in the house for 6 weeks. She can buy time with someone else but she can't be sucking up my utilities so I had a No-Buy'in-Time Day​
I didn't mean to rant but Friday was rent due day, and Monday is a holiday ....Hence the buying time comment.:rolleyes: I flipped into B!t@h mode and could get out of it, still. Not that I need the money, I just don't need the drama or BS.

Good for you! Did she reply to your text?

Got flowers from a friend. Went to dinner with a separate group of friends. I don't view Valentine's Day the same anymore because my father died on Valentine's Day. Today was the one year anniversary. I had a Quiet, peaceful day.
Sorry for your loss.
My dad died 9 months ago and Valentines day was his birthday. So it wasnt all that great for me either. On top of that DH is away working so...yeah..

I bought myself a box of chocolate from my favorite chocolatier, went shoe shopping, ran some errands, babysat for some neighbors, came home and went to sleep. I had a good day.

@JerriBlank
Yes, she called (I didn't answer), then she sent a lengthy text telling me she "didn't know what was going on...the check was good when she wrote it....Don't know where she's going..." She wasn't scheduled to get off work till 9pm. I did not respond.

All of my actions were based on the individual both expressing & demonstrating a type of "I've always depended no the kindness of....." attitude. <more like a since of entitlement to the assets of others>
She moved in from an Extended Stay, so the savings from being here was Huge for her; facilitated & expedited her return.

I'm a sort of 3-strikes-and-you're-out type of person when it comes to my kindness. I'd rather feel bad today, than to feel StUpId later on.

Good for you! Did she reply to your text?

My Valentine's Day was great! I went to a spa and had a massage on my feet and back...so relaxing! I got a Brazilian wax (sugar). Went to the hair salon and got a much needed trim and deep conditioning treatment. Then had dinner and drinks with my sis at my fave Mexican restaurant.:)

That sounded perfect!!

Sent from my iPad Air using LHCF

My delivery never came Saturday. They rescheduled for Monday/today and the city shut down Bc of the snow. They called to reschedule but my building you need a swipe card to get in. I told them I will come get it Tuesday. Well the city is going to be shut down again Tuesday. So I won't be able to get it till Wednesday. I'm going to cut up.

My delivery never came Saturday. They rescheduled for Monday/today and the city shut down Bc of the snow. They called to reschedule but my building you need a swipe card to get in. I told them I will come get it Tuesday. Well the city is going to be shut down again Tuesday. So I won't be able to get it till Wednesday. I'm going to cut up.

can you pick it up from the warehouse/service center?

can you pick it up from the warehouse/service center?
I'm picking it up from the store. It's an edible arrangement. So by Wednesday its 5 days old. They already refunded his delivery fee, but I am going to want a whole new arrangement for free.

I'm picking it up from the store. It's an edible arrangement. So by Wednesday its 5 days old. They already refunded his delivery fee, but I am going to want a whole new arrangement for free.

you are too much. :lol:

you are too much. :lol:
how lol. If and that's IF they made it Saturday morning it will be five days of sitting in a fridge wilting and going bad. That **** too expensive to be playing with people. They lucky, it's not my money and my bf hates when I cut up. Plus I waited at home ALL day Saturday waiting for them to come. I was supposed to go to the gym Monday but I didn't want to miss it Bc he wouldn't tell me what he got me and I didn't want to miss the delivery. By the time they called to reschedule the city was shutting down and I couldn't go to the gym. So they wasted two of my days Bc they can't get their stuff together.

Back