Valentine's Day, How Did You Celebrate It?

I didn't. I worked until 4, ran errands, did laundry, homework and forgot to wash my hair.

I don't plan to when I get an SO either. People are barely recuperated from Christmas and New Years wildin' out and now we gotta go buy $40 bears and jewelry? Naw. If future SO wants to celebrate it fine. But I'm going to treat it like another day.

My husband and I don't celebrate stuff together lol. I grew up with a family that didn't celebrate much so I'm okay.
Not the celebration type anyway.

Went to The Capitol Grille. Very nice. A rose viciously attacked me with a thorn though. LOL!

Went on a first date at a Thai restaurant. It was so sweet! He brought flowered and we went on a long stroll after

It's also my birthday today.
I received lots of birthday love today. I had a good day.

:birthday2

Happy Belated.

Got flowers from a friend. Went to dinner with a separate group of friends. I don't view Valentine's Day the same anymore because my father died on Valentine's Day. Today was the one year anniversary. I had a Quiet, peaceful day.

:cry3:

Sorry for your lost. My grandfather passed away last monday and my mom isn't taking it well. She opted not to do anything yesterday.

FH and I looked at an apartment and I think we will take it. We went to the grocery store and he bought all the ingredients. I made steak, potatoes, and veggies. We had sparkling cider since I can't drink and then had pistachio ice cream for dessert. We caught up on all our missed shows and colored.

He's playing Xbox with his friends now.... I got what I wanted :look:

:congrats:

I want an invite to the wedding. :yep:

Filed my taxes, because refunds are romantic.

:lachen::lachen:

Went to The Capitol Grille. Very nice. A rose viciously attacked me with a thorn though. LOL!

:lick::lick:

I love that place. If you're a fan of steakhouses, Bobby Van's is one of the best.

Last edited:
In bed sick since Wednesday with a cold turned bronchitis asthma (second year in a row this has happened as SMDH). FH bought me some pixies and champagne and drew me a nice bath in the whirlpool tub since my muscles are all sore from coughing and hacking. I studied for my certification exam and even worked on my new song for my band just a little... So I guess I can't complain... :yep:

We celebrated Valentine's day with our baby in the NICU, then had dinner with my family at The Cheesecake Factory.
Our cutie pie is getting chunky!

My husband and I had dinner at a restaurant at National Harbor. Then we came home and watched college basketball.

My Valentine's Day was great! I went to a spa and had a massage on my feet and back...so relaxing! I got a Brazilian wax (sugar). Went to the hair salon and got a much needed trim and deep conditioning treatment. Then had dinner and drinks with my sis at my fave Mexican restaurant.:)

My Valentine's Day was great! I went to a spa and had a massage on my feet and back...so relaxing! I got a Brazilian wax (sugar). Went to the hair salon and got a much needed trim and deep conditioning treatment. Then had dinner and drinks with my sis at my fave Mexican restaurant.:)

This sounds heavenly...I'm looking on groupon for some deals now.

I had a really "moving" day.

• I had a afternoon meeting to attend.
  • A friend has been staying with me under a weekly payment agreement, en route to the meeting I went to her bank to cash her check; they would not :blush: The teller also confirmed that it would NOT be a good idea to process it through my bank.
  • After the meeting, I made a few calls.
  • I packed all of her belongings and took them to a storage unit; then I sent a text advising her of where they were, and of a local extended stay with "vacancies".
  • I canceled a (tentative) dinner date; :blush: purt a "No Vacancies" sign on my door, then made mah self a Moved-her-out-tini :grin: and called it a day.
It's cold as hell here, I felt a little bad but this was 3 weeks in a row with $ problems, and the 2nd time in less than 7 days her bank turned down a check; AND she's barely been in the house for 6 weeks. She can buy time with someone else but she can't be sucking up my utilities so I had a No-Buy'in-Time Day​
I didn't mean to rant but Friday was rent due day, and Monday is a holiday ....Hence the buying time comment.:rolleyes: I flipped into B!t@h mode and could NOT get out of it, still. Not that I need the money, I just don't need the drama or BS.

Last edited:
DH and I went to dinner Friday night to avoid the crowds. DH worked Saturday but surprised me with a beautiful flower delivery. Spent the evening watching romantic comedy, eating leftovers and coloring ☺

We celebrated Valentine's day with our baby in the NICU, then had dinner with my family at The Cheesecake Factory.
Our cutie pie is getting chunky!

Congrats love. I did not know you gave birth yet. Hope you take your little bundle home soon.

Went and got an eye exam in the morning then took myself shopping. Got a text from my husband while shopping telling me that all he needs today is me fully dressed and gorgeous by 6:30pm.

7:00pm we go to the Houston Museum of Fine Arts for a private showing of the 1956 movie "Hiroshima mon Amor" then proceed to a very romantic dinner at a small family owned authentic Italian restaurant whose name I can't remember.

Around 11:30pm we ended up at the grocery store to buy champagne. He comes home and puts the champagne in the freezer and forgets about it. We continue our night at home and at are awakened around 4:30 am to what we thought was someone breaking into our apartment but was actually the champagne exploding in the freezer. Good times...

I went to angry crab (like Joe crabs shack) but cheaper. I had cajun shrimp, catfish, and cajun fries. He had these hot lemon pepper and garlic shrimp, corn potatoes and hot wings and a beer. I gave him a card and he got me to sets from bath and body works with the spray shower gel and lotion. And tonight we are going to attempt to see 50 shades of gray because I don't will it be sold out. Last night we had some champagne but we ended up going straight to sleep lol

Back