Valentines Day Challenge!

Is it too late to join? I can really use this challenge!:spinning:

I don't know why I used the drunk smiley...he is so cute.

The first month is passing by and I wanted to know how everybody was doing?
fried food? sweets? finding one good quality about our body everyday? exercise?

I find the hardest is the exercise.
I'll have to update my fotki to show my protective style this will come next week.

I fell off a bit (flat ironed my hair), but NO MORE until V-DAY.. I have upped my H2O intake, I started taking Hoodia (it does what it say it will ladies) and am trying to excerise 3x a week. Im hoping I can do 5x a week, but we will get there.

For my skin, I have been using Himani Tumeric with 24k GOLD and my tone is starting to look radiant. Now have to work on those few dark spots. Hopefully my water intake and exfolating will clear it up.

How is everyone else doing?

Can I join also? I don't know how I missed this challenge. My birthday is February 22nd so this will force me to get myself together by my birthday. I've been bunning for a couple weeks now.

Oh yeah in regards to everything else ive been keeping up: i increased my water intake, ive been taking my vitamins, bunning, applying growth aids, cowashing, and scalp massaging. the only thing i've been slacking on is exercising! I just don't know why (i used to exercise a lot) i have lost my motivation or maybe it's the waking up at 5:00 in the am to exercise before wrestling with my daughter to get out of bed and driving an hour to school!!! maybe it's the timing!!

So I decided to update weekly, because I can't expect you ladies to do it, if I can't:grin:

SO...I STILL have braids in my hair. They've been in for 5 weeks now, and I'm trying to keep them till the second week in December.

I have been using castor oil, BT, MTG, and SURGE. I have been washing it weekly, and deep conditioning it with the Pantene Mask...

I increase my water intake, began taking Biotin again, and wrap my hair always:yep:

I have not been working out, I cut my nails so as to start over, and I'm using Sally Hansen's hard as nails and Mane n Tail hand therapy.

My skin? Using my Baking Soda, Castor Oil and ERNO LASZLO!!

UPDATES LADIES!

FINALLY!! so i finally got my cornrows on saturday!!! and i don't plan on taking them out until the reveal date, for $80, i dont care if they're hangin 4 inches off my head with new growth ill just wrap it up with a scarf!! I also think im going to try iaec's MN mixture, she has some wicked growth!!! I might be apl by february....lol wishful thinking!!!

I haven't updates since I joined!!! But here's what's new:

I currently drink 100-140 ounces of water a day! (and the bathroom is my best friend)

I exercise 4-5 times a week

I take ACV, probiotics, and a Fish oil vitamin every day

I am "calorie cycling" which is really good, and is the eastiest "diet" I've ever been on

I put my hair in twists w/ extensions...I'm so DIY wit' it:grin:

But my skin is acting up...it just won't stop breaking out!

That's it.

Valentines Day Challenge
I'm in but I will need a LOOOOOT of support.

• Hair type : 4a/b relaxed
  • current length : Shoulder. check out my fotki. I took out about 1 inch of thinning ends.
  • Protective style: half wig with or without baggy, bun, high ponytail, french twist, bun with a clip
  • Growth aids: MSM (3000mcg) Biotin (5000 mcg) MN about 2 weeks per month every other day.
  • No heat except rollersetting. and deep conditition
  • TONS of water. Good food. Bellydance classes
This is going to be hard guys... I'll have to buy another half wig... ugh...

UPDAAATE!!
Exercise: I did not exercise.Salsa once...1/10
Water: I take water when I think of it 8/10
Protective Styles: I no more use the baggy but I do everything else.10/10
No heat: 10/10. only rollersets
Growth aids: I'm about to add a b-50 complex vitamin and to be more serious about the MN 10/10
Food: Had a tiramisu cake :( a big portion.
Fotki: I will not update my fotki for a while. Maybe in january, I'll post my protective styles but I'm staying away for the moment.

Good Vibes: I maintain a good image of myself 7/10. I know I could do better

I'm in too! I started when the challenge began, but I never posted. I :love: this challenge! I still have to work at getting pics. I thought I could download from my cam phone but...

So let's see:
Internal Growth Aids: Source of Life Energy Liquid ( in a health shake I make-includes carrot juice, spirulina)
External Growth Aids: Rosemary/mint scalp massages
Exercise: 3-4x per week
Overall health: Vermont Cocktail (helps with increasing water intake)
Skin: Experimenting with mixing concoctions to get the perfect moisturizer
hair regimen: I don't use heat anyway, not even a dryer so that's not a problem. I'm into evoo, coconut oil, avocado oil, amla, jasmine oil, Loreal hot oil, Biofusion products, etc. Protective styles include a single french braid, snood, and just wearing my hair loose because buns and other restrictive styles damage my hair.
Positive Mentality towards self: Must keep working at this:wallbash:
Good luck to all ladies!:grin:

My progress report: So far, so good!

I'm totally in for this one!

Current length : APL

Goal for challenge: 1 inch past APL (with trim!)

My hair is now officially hidden!

Oh! Yes Please count me in, I will change my Touch up date to the day of Valentines, I know it won't be too much growth but it should be enough to tell,I have about 1 inch and a half of hair all over and I just Tex-laxed a few weeks ago, So here is my thing:

Internal: Daily Vitamin (Liquid)
External: Claudies Growth Elixer 3x's A week (Doesn't grow my hair just makes my scalp look and feel better)

Overall Health: I am doing a Liver/Kidney Cleanse to start my body off on a great start, I stopped eating meat & some dairy and that is a big plus for me, I did it for my own health reasons!

Exercise: I will do WATP 3 Mile 3-4 x's a week!

Hair Regimen: Shampoo 1-2x's a week with my shampoo bar and do a Herbal conditioning rinse once a week, Deep Condition 2x's a Month, Apply Scalp Elixer 3x's a week,Daily moisturize with Claudies Satin Hair Moisturizer & apply Phony Pony!

Length: between Shoulder and APL

Protective Styles: Bun, two strand twists, roll

Growth Aid: Karen's Hair Growth Elixier

Exercise 2-3 times per week, consistency with water

I want to start once my current challenge is over "APL by End OF December 2007"
I want to be faithful to one challenge before I jump on another .
Still please sign me up for Jan 1/2008:look:

Me too, me too! except - I wear my hair down after a roller set once per week for dh - is that okay? It's only for a date, so just a few hours.

Last edited:
Current Length: SL
Growth Aids: Hair pouss plus
Vitamins: msm, biotin, B-complex
Protective Styles: bun, pony, twist w/clip
Exercise: I try to exercise at least 3 times a week
Fluids: I love water

I finally bought a digital camera - I'll get my pics and info posted asap.

Thanks - I'm so looking forward to this.

ETA -
current length - bottom of the neck but not at the shoulder
growth aids - peppermint and rosemary essential oils mixed in oils for nightly hair massage
vitamins - multi, msm, c complex, b complex, biotin, flaxseed, spirulina
protective styles - tiny bun with claw clip or flexi8
exercise - me dance 2xs/week
fluids - 1 litre water daily, lemonade (cocacola withdrawals)
regime - wash & deep condition with heat 2xs/week; co alternate days;leave-in, seal, hair up

Last edited:
I have a confession:nono:
I decided to get my hair done for my SO's birthday (which is on Friday), so I called to make an appointment at the Dominican salon to get it straightened prior to getting my braids...

I came to my senses ladies! I just decided to treat it myself, not use any heat, and get it braided tomorrow.:grin:

Hope you ladies are all hanging in there.

It's hard to hang in there...I'm having a time finding, no-heat, low manipulation styles for my Chin length; does anybody have any ideas for me? My ponytail has too much tension.:nono:

Back