Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011

I have one use left in one of my DCs.
I'm going to start shampooing more often to use up the one bottle that I have. I want to move onto a no shampoo routine and use only shikakai for cleansing

@NikkiQ
I used the ElastaQP Soyl shampoo tonight and I like it :yep:. I have been through 6 and this is definitely what I am going to use for my staple shampoo. Usually when I put shampoo in my hair it puffs up and shrinks. And that happens sulfates or no sulfates but really more with the sulfate free shampoo. However with this shampoo I was able to shampoo my hair in bantu knots. I rinsed my hair with the bantu knots in, applied shampoo, worked it in, twisted it back up, did the other sections, rinsed, reapplied and rinsed. Even after that my hair was soft, moisturized, non-puffy, smooth and I actually twisted it and put the bantu knots in.

It was softer and more moistured with the shampoo than it is when I take out my DC. There were no tangles and my hair felt slippery.

Then I made the mistake off following it with the Suave Shea Butter conditioner. That was a no go. As soon as I applied it I could feel my hair shrinking up and my ends puffing. My ends had been smooth until then.

I really like this shampoo and I'm making it staple. :yay: :yay: I have my shampoo.

That sounds awesome! I'm gonna have to invest in a bottle once I use up all the shampoos that I have. I don't even wanna tempt myself by walking into a Sally's right now b/c I know I would lose it in there and relapse.

I really wanted to try the no-shampoo thing for April, but my hair was feeling extremely built up (I moisturize and seal daily, among other styling products) so that was a fail for me :nono: plus dirty hair makes me break out...ughh so I tried just shampooing my hairline but my hair was still built up even after a co-wash, that it was getting stiff and tangled..so I clarified last night and did a protein treatment with Joico K-pak and it's safe to say that my hair is back to normal :yep: I'll be using shampoo (sulfate free) weekly and clarifying monthly

While organizing my stash I found some Surge plus 14 -- a full bottle! I'll be incorporating this in my reggie for some growth. Back when I used to use this I got good growth from it, so I'm excited.

ETA I might as go all out and use my biotin as well. I consider that part of my stash because the only reason I bought it was for my hair :look:

Last edited:
Yay down a few products

Can knock the following off my list
--Paul Mitchell knock off ( used up)
--KCCC - gave it to my mom. She was begging for it.
--ORS conditioner - back to my mom. It was really hers

I really tried to use up my grape seed oil but have 1 more application.

I thought I was going to use up my CD loc butter. But I swear the more I used of that the more the continer filled up. I think that will be two more uses.

I am also near the end with my olive oil spray, my mango spray and my CD balm.

I used my Bday pass and purchased an oil for boundless tresses for my thin spots.

Now I a in search of a leave-in/moisturizer for my wet hair. I think once I find this there are some styling products I will be throwing away.

faithVA you're on a ball! I've used up a little more than half the bottle of Activate condish so that should be gone soon. Today is my shampoo and DC day so I'll see what I can use up in my stash. I only have a little bit of SE Mega Moisture DC left so that may bite the bullet today.

NikkiQ, I'm a little obsessed. I am overusing product on my hair to get rid of it. I used the loc butter which is greasy and I am still trying to talk myself into spraying either the olive oil spray or the mango spray on top to get rid of it. :nono:

It drives me crazy that I bought stuff that I don't know if it works, don't like it, Don't Know How to Use It (what?). :sad:

I definitely need to go back to work to take my mind off of hair.

I feel ya on that one. I have styling product out the wazoo and can't style my hair to save my soul so I won't be able to use them up anytime soon until i perfect some kind of styling techniques.

faithVA Happy birthday! :party:

I've used up one bottle of Tresseme and returned a couple of unused products to Target, I got a store credit and am wondering if I should get conditioner with it, technically I'm not spending money so that makes it ok right :look:

@faithVA Happy birthday! :party:

I've used up one bottle of Tresseme and returned a couple of unused products to Target, I got a store credit and am wondering if I should get conditioner with it, technically I'm not spending money so that makes it ok right :look:

Thanks for the Bday wishes.

If you buy the shampoo, technically it will use up your pass for this month, regardless of whether you spend money on it or not.

So if you want to use your pass on conditioner this month than go for it. But if not then take more time and really decide what you want for this month.

NikkiQ, I'm a little obsessed. I am overusing product on my hair to get rid of it. I used the loc butter which is greasy and I am still trying to talk myself into spraying either the olive oil spray or the mango spray on top to get rid of it. :nono:

It drives me crazy that I bought stuff that I don't know if it works, don't like it, Don't Know How to Use It (what?). :sad:

I definitely need to go back to work to take my mind off of hair.

I am the same way! I'm temporarily working from home so I have all day to sit around in a conditioning cap and put whatever I want on my hair. It was an overconditioned mess until I washed it just now :ohwell:

Red = Removed from stash

Shampoos
Giovanni 50:50 shampoo
Keracare hydrating detangling shampoo
Phyto Organics shampoo (can't remember the type)

Conditioners
VO5 Moisture Milks Strawberry (4 bottles) Down to 3 bottles
Phyto Organics Therappe
Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Giovanni Tea Tree
Roux Porosity Control (2 bottles)
Joico Moisture Recovery

Deep Conditioners
Silk Elements MegaSilk Treatment
Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose
Jessiecurl Weekly Deep Treatment
Joico K-pak Intense Hydrator (10 tubes) :whyme:
Lutrasilk Shea Mango

Leave Ins/Moisturizers
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In
Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier
Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Leave-In (3 bottles) Down to 1 bottle
Roux 619 leave-in (2 packs)

Oils & Essential Oils
Castor Oil
EVOO
Coconut Oil
Jojoba Oil
Rosemary Oil
Peppermint Oil
Tea Tree Oil

Styling products
EcoStyler gel
Aloe Vera Gel
Qhemet Biologic Amla & Olive Heavy Cream

Misc.
GVP Chi Silk Infusion
Joico K-pak reconstructor (10 tubes) :whyme:
Aphogee 2 min

Got rid of some more stuff. Need to really work on getting rid of some of these Joico products. Don't know what I was thinking buying so many. Can we say :badidea:

Hey ladies for any of the products you have used up recently are any of them things you would repurchase or would consider staples? Just curious.

Hey ladies for any of the products you have used up recently are any of them things you would repurchase or would consider staples? Just curious.

I used to love my Roots of Nature shea butter and green tea DC, but for some reason...my natural hair doesn't love it. So disappointed but hey trial by error is what it's all about. onto the next.

SO jealous of you ladies using your stuff. My hair is in braids right now and I'm unable to use alot of stuff very often, but I'm still using products and not buying anything so it'll just take longer I guess.

SO jealous of you ladies using your stuff. My hair is in braids right now and I'm unable to use alot of stuff very often, but I'm still using products and not buying anything so it'll just take longer I guess.

I will be right here with you. I'm in mini twists and not much I can put on these but a little oil every few days. And I will try to use up some shampoo and conditioner.

I also have products that I won't be able to do much with until I at least get to SL which looks like June or July. So I will keep you company.

I returned an unused bottle of Chi Keratin Mist to Target.
I sold a Shescentit Banana Brulee and a Joico Reconstructor.

Does anyone know how I can strike items off my list?

Most of us are just highlighting the item in a different color to indicate it's been used and put something like "gone" or "used" next to it.

Great job ThickRoot - reducing your stash and making money -sweet.

I used up the bottle of Activate conditioner and I'm sooooo happy I did because I hated that crap

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I used up the bottle of Activate conditioner and I'm sooooo happy I did because I hated that crap

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I have a feeling I am going to hate that Suave Shea Butter conditioner and I just bought.

I used up one Silk Elements, 2 boxes of Henna :(, & Yes to carrots.

I am almost finished a couple of things.

& half way done a few. :) anywho I am doing pretty good!

I have a feeling I am going to hate that Suave Shea Butter conditioner and I just bought.

I have a bottle of that and have used it before in the past. It was actually pretty good. I just like the Suave Humectant MUCH better lol

Back