Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011

EVOO is GONE!

Shampoo
Crème of Nature Professional Detangling- Conditioning (Green-1/2 bottle Im guessing)
***I have been trying to stretch this out by using 1/3 of water, oil, and poo.
Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Conditioner
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship
ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor (2 bottles)
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Conditioner
ION Reconstructor Treatment
Aussie Moist Conditioner
LeKair Cholesterol Plus
Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Protein Hair Infusion

Leave-In/Moisturizer
Generic Value Products The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Mane ‘n Tail Detangler
ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème
CHI Keratin Mist

Oil
African Royale Hot Six Oil
Safflower Oil
EVOO
Coconut Oil

Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Amla Powder
Brahmi
Indigo

Other
CHI Silk Infusion
CHI 44 Iron Guard
KeraCare Foam Wrap Lotion
KeraCare Oil Sheen
French Stabilizer Plus
Ecostyler Clear Gel
Nexxus Emergencee

How are you guys doing through your products so quickly? Are you being heavy handed with products? Doing more pre-poos and cowashing?

I finally broke in my ORS Olive Oil Lotion. Moisturized in 4 sections then sealed with jojoba oil. The ORS is 95% full so this one is gonna take a while to use up :ohwell:

The smell reminded me of the beginning of my hair journey because this was my very first moisturizer...I repurchased a bottle becuase UloveMegz had a good review but I find it greasy now

How are you guys doing through your products so quickly? Are you being heavy handed with products? Doing more pre-poos and cowashing?

I cowash 5 times a week. My hair is pretty damn thick so I have to slather it on. I actually just used the last of a bottle of amla oil doing an oil rinse and my SE mega moisture treatment. I tend to mix them together for my DCs. Threw away the bottle of V05 shampoo I was using. Made my hair feel like absolute crap!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

AlliCat ~ alot of my products are on their last leg. LOL

I am not using a lot of quickly because I don't co-wash more than once a week. Unfortunately when I go to the salon they don't DC or Treat with out charging you the whole amount for it. So guess what, I will have to use mine in between because there is no discount, so I will be using theirs. Sucks because I am going to be paying $90 bucks for A Rollerset, DRC treatment and Deep DC under their steamer.

Shows you one thing If I could master Rollersets on MY HAIR, I'd be set.:nono:

I might have to limit myself to one rollerset a month LOL or Deep condition less LOL

I am sooooooooo in!

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge? i am an admitted product junkie! i need toslow down so that i can focus on the products thatwork the best

2. A list of the products you hope to be using up in your stash? Include the ones you buy in your 5 day grace period. Use your own categories.
at least 2 shampoos,all of my aubrey products (ea bottle just has a little left) - one container of shea butter, all amla oil lite, at least one bottle vatika

Shampoos
aubrey chamonille(sp?)
Avalon organics lemon clarifying
Carol's daughter black vanilla
homemade mix using black soap and fav oils
some random volumizing shampoo
- Conditioners\
Aubrey GPB
homemade condish using mango or shea butter and various oils
YES to Carrots
Giovanni Nutrafix Reconstructor
Aubrey organics honeysuckle rose
- Deep Conditioners
my honey child's olive you deep
Kenra MC
Joico moisture recovery balm

- Oils & Essential Oils & Butters, - Leave Ins/Mosturizers
rosemary, lavendar
JBCO
shea
pumpkin
rice bran
vatika
coconut
veg gylcerin
amla
amla lite
grapeseed
jojoba

3. Post a Pic of your "Stash". (Optional)

4. Which session(s) you are joining. (go slow ladies and be realistic)?
i'm in for all 3:grin:

Attachments

• group1-oils, black soap and bag of henna.jpg
    group1-oils, black soap and bag of henna.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 15
  • group2-sulfur, carier and essential oils.jpg
    group2-sulfur, carier and essential oils.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 16
  • group3-rose water, grapeseed oil, ACV, jojoba and amla oils.jpg
    group3-rose water, grapeseed oil, ACV, jojoba and amla oils.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 15
  • group4-coconut, vatika, amla, JBCO oils, homemade condish, rogue shampoo, nutrafix condish.jpg
    group4-coconut, vatika, amla, JBCO oils, homemade condish, rogue shampoo, nutrafix condish.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 17
  • group5-mango and shea butters; my honey child, joico.jpg
    group5-mango and shea butters; my honey child, joico.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for the updates ladies and welcome coyacoy. I have been away all weekend so will try to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.

If the bottle/jar is down to 1 or 2 uses left, I may be heavy handed with it.

I did have a few things where there was only a bit left and instead of hopping frome 1 product to the next, I used it consecutively to use it up.

Since I am also still working on my regimen I am doing more experiments, or trying to apply products in different ways so I am using some products more often. For example in the morning I may use some styling products and apply it to some fuzzy twists to see how the gel works.

Now that I am wearing my hair in twists for 2 weeks at a time, not sure I will be able to use up things so quickly. But I am hoping to make it up when I reach my SL length goal and then will need to use more.

I used up the last of my KCCC but I feel like singing this :cry: :lol:

I also finished a bottle of Tresseme condish and mailed out a tub of blue eco styler.

I don't pre-poo but I do cowash every day and some of the products I finish were halfway or more done collecting dust in the back of my stash. I forgot I even owned some of these things :ohwell: I don't use a dime size but I'm not too heavy handed either.

Last edited:
I used up the last of my KCCC but I feel like singing this :cry: :lol:

I may repurchase this. I am going to use up my other gel based styling items and try EcoStyler first before I repurchase. I had amazing results with my twists when I used it. I had used up 75% of it trying other things before I realized it.

I got my boundless tresses oil today and of course I have put it in already. It has been a long time since I have had sulfur on my head. I was mistaking the tingling feeling for burning :lol:

Definitely going to take pictures this weekend so I can compare my progress over the 4 weeks.

There has been a lot of product used up in the past few weeks but has anyone used their April pass yet? If so what did you get?

If you haven't used it yet, what do you plan to get?

I may repurchase this. I am going to use up my other gel based styling items and try EcoStyler first before I repurchase. I had amazing results with my twists when I used it. I had used up 75% of it trying other things before I realized it.

I'll probably repurchase but for now I'm on a no buy challenge, not even staples, till I can get my total number of products below 20 :sad:

I finished another tub of motions moisture plus (the other one was a bottle). There was probably enough for 2 but I was super heavy handed..I just want these bottles out

Hey ladies. Is it too late to join? I'm in the no-buy challenge but this challenge seems much more active, which is very encouraging. if it's not too late I will comeback with my stats after work.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hey ladies. Is it too late to join? I'm in the no-buy challenge but this challenge seems much more active, which is very encouraging. if it's not too late I will comeback with my stats after work.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

It's never too late. As long as you have a stash to use up the challenge is open.

Come on in and have some fun.

I haven't used up anything recently but I am putting a dent in some things which feels good.

I used the Suave Shea Conditioner (ugh) last night to detangle and take out my mini twists. Should have dropped it by accident and spilled some :lol:

Cowashed (my 1st time - woo hoo) with the Suave Coconut conditioner. I'm not SL yet but my hair is dense so I can use a lot of conditioner. By the time I get to APL, I'm thinking I will only have about 3 or 4 uses a bottle. (Wow! :look:). I only have 1 or 2 uses of that left.

I have this Bronner Brothers 10 and 1 treatment. I opened that. I only have 1 or 2 uses of that. I will probably use it 1 more time and throw the rest of it away. I have no clue why I bought it. I just feel some kind of way about it.

I put Sunflower oil on my hair after that. Have about 1/2 bottle.
Followed that up with Avocado oil. Only have 1/3 bottle of that.

Then used some diva curl glaze? I have 2 more uses of that.

I tried to use up some oil spray mix I made up. I don't know what that stuff is. I might use that on my body.

Think a few things will be out the door in May. :yay: :yay:

^^^I use conditioner like that too. I get maybe 4-5 uses per bottle and I'm almost SL now, but with my hair being so thick...conditioner doesn't stand a chance around this head. Styling products on the other hand will last me forever b/c I barely use them.

I wonder if I'm too light with styling products and moisturizers and using the right amount for conditioner. Hmm....mystery :sekret:

Checking in just cause I haven't in a few days. Haven't used up anything yet, this doesn't surprise me. However, for the sake of "using up my stash" I tried to spray some juices and berries on my hair the other day. Hot mess! I know better J&B makes my hair dry, and my hair started shedding!! So no more of using stuff that really doesn't work for my hair. I'm over here now thinking of a master plan now. :brainy:

Checking in just cause I haven't in a few days. Haven't used up anything yet, this doesn't surprise me. However, for the sake of "using up my stash" I tried to spray some juices and berries on my hair the other day. Hot mess! I know better J&B makes my hair dry, and my hair started shedding!! So no more of using stuff that really doesn't work for my hair. I'm over here now thinking of a master plan now. :brainy:

I agree with you. If it causes issues, it has to go. If it can't be doctored to work it has to go. I have a tub of Cantu Shea Leave In that is 90% full. I am going to try it one or two times but if it makes my hair hard it has to go. We will see. Those shampoos that don't work, will become hand soaps and relegated to washing my swim suits.

I gave in and Cracked open a new Silk Elements Megasilk, I have one more left. Uh Oh....

I am good for another 3 months atleast. So Hopefully Sally Has a sale on this.

I am not putting a dent in my hair cleansers it seems those things last forever LOL. It goes when it goes I suppose.

I am not trying to be heavy handed with my products. I don't want to waste it. SMDH, me and my goody goody butt. LOL

I am contemplating picking up some rollers to learn to rollerset. I am eyeing the 2.5 inch rollers. the 3's are way to large for the styles I want. :nono:

Good Job Ladies using up your Products. :grin:

Back