Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011

Lol! I went to the store but they didn't have the moisture retention shampoo there. I was gonna order it last night b/c of the coupone, but then I thought about all the stuff I have left to buy for my wedding and thought I'd just stick it out.

I
USE UP YOUR STASH CHALLENGE 2011
(April 1 2011 - June 30 2011 for 1st session)
(July 1 2011 - Sep 31 2011 for 2nd session)(Oct 1 2011 - Dec 31 2011 for 3rd session)

Sign me up for all 3 sessions please. I am a Pj (even though I got my routine down and don't need anything else ) at heart and it keeps popping up! HELP!

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge?
- I need to stop "trying" products, as I already know what's working.

2. A list of the products you hope to be using up in your stash? Include the ones you buy in your 5 day grace period. Use your own categories.

Suggested Categories:
- Shampoos
- Conditioners
- Deep Conditioners
- Leave Ins/Mosturizers
- Oils & Essential Oils & Butters
- Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
- Styling products
- Other

Ya, all of that stuff. I didn't even include my accessories.....

3. Post a Pic of your "Stash". (Optional)

stash-vi.jpg

4. Which session(s) you are joining. (go slow ladies and be realistic)?
- To join all 3 is for me. I need to make this commitment!

Welcome ajargon02

I feel you on the stuff has to go. I had my whole house painted last month and that's when I realized I had way to much junk. Made the decision right then it had to go. I threw out some and used up a lot before I started the challenge. It is still way too much stuff.

So know you are moving, but as you have time, add the list of products to your categories. As the challenge goes on, we will be marking products off our lists.

It's going to feel good to see the original list and how much smaller the final list is.

Almost like the Biggest Loser :yep:

Ok the truth comes out. :lachen::lachen::lachen:.

I can't wait to see this wedding hair.

Well duh! :lol: I went to the store b/c everyone says you can mix and match instead of ordering 2 of the same products online. I went to get the poo and the mist...but that didn't happen. There was a second Walgreens on the same street closer to my house, but I didn't even bother going in there.

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge?

I need to focus more on haircare and styling. I know I don't have near what other people have, but for me this is too much and I'm overwhelmed. I don't use things up fast cause I'm not heavy handed. Oh well :ohwell:

2. A list of the products you hope to be using up in your stash? Include the ones you buy in your 5 day grace period. Use your own categories.

Suggested Categories: :rolleyes:

- Shampoos
Shemoisture Retention Shampoo
KBB Juicy Poo Bar
Afroveda Carrot Seed Poo Bar
Oyin Honey Wash - sample
Oyin Grand Poo Bar
Darcy's Poo Bar
Giovanni Tea Tree Poo - sample
Giovanni Smooth as Silk poo - sample
Shescentit Eucalyptus Poo - sample
HV Amla Cream Rinse
HV Shikakai Swirl Poo Par

- Conditioners
Joico Reconstructor
Giovanni Smooth as Silk condish
Hairveda Acai Berry Phyto Reconstructor
Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor
Oyin Honey Hemp
HV Sitrinillah
HV Ph Rinse
HV Methi Sativa Set
Shescentit Okra Reconstructor
Shescentit Super Soft Honey Rinse

Deep Conditioners
Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango
Shescentit Banana Brulee
Shescentit Fortifying Masque
Sheamoisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque
Afroveda Ashli Amala
KBB Luscious Locks Mask

Leave Ins/Mosturizers
Shescentit Marshmallow Herbal Hair Cream (3)
Pantene Pro-V Split Ends
Darcy's Peach Kernel Hair Milk
Darcy's Shea Butter Moisturizer
Darcy's Herbal Spritz
Oyin Juices & Berries Spritz
Afroveda Butters (4 sample pack)
Shescenit Coco-Creme Leave-in
NTM Silk Touch Leave-in
Cantu Daily Shea Butter Oil moisturizer
Hairveda Hydrasilica Spritz

Oils & Essential Oils & Butters
WGO Oil
WGO Oil Light
Afroveda Shikakai Oil
Hairveda Cocosta Shikakai Oil
Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade
Darcy's Cupacu Butter pomade
MHC Sophia's Hair Grease
Jane Carter Nourish and Shine
Hairveda Vatika Frosting
Shescentit Kiwi Kiss butter
Darcy's Juicy Peach Kernel Oil -sample
SS

Styling products
Shescentit Macadamia Fixing Gel
Oyin Whipped Pudding - sample
Eco Styler - Olive Oil
Eco Styler Twists and Braids - Yellow
Darcy's Avocado & Twisting Honey Cream - sample
Darcy's Madagascar Vanilla Styling Cream
Darcy's Natural Coils Curling Jelly - sample
Shescentit Pumpkin and Carrot Defrizzer
KBB Hair Cream
Shescentit Deshani Elixir
Perfect for Perms by Razac hair oil

Other
Redken Blow Dry Gel - sample
Chi Keratin Mist
QB Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee

3. Post a Pic of your "Stash". (Optional)

I'll try to get everything together at some point and take a pic.

4. Which session(s) you are joining. (go slow ladies and be realistic)?

I'm definitely joining the first, and maybe the second. I don't plan on doing the third cause I may participate in black friday...don't judge me:rolleyes: ...for my staples, I need to get them on sale.

Last edited:
Well the good news is, the buying and trying did help me narrow down my staples. I'm still looking for a lathery, non-stripping liquid shampoo. :spinning:

:woot: used up the rest of my Roots of Nature and SE Cholesterol to DC today. Down 2 bottles ladies! Yay!!! :weird:

Finished my Aveda Brilliant Conditioner today :o There was enough for 2 applications, but instead I was heavy-handed with it and saturated my hair to finish the bottle. Currently deep conditioning on dry hair with it :o

I don't know what it is to finish something lol lol, that's my goal.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

Finished my Aveda Brilliant Conditioner today :o There was enough for 2 applications, but instead I was heavy-handed with it and saturated my hair to finish the bottle. Currently deep conditioning on dry hair with it :o

Way to go AlliCat. Remember to mark or cross off from your original list the items you just used. We want to watch your list get shorter and shorter.

Way to go @AlliCat. Remember to mark or cross off from your original list the items you just used. We want to watch your list get shorter and shorter.

:yep: yup! I'm marking off the stuff I finished (and the date i finished it) in red. I also just finished a bottle of Motions moisture plus :grin: I'm on a roll :blush:

I haven't used up anything but I am real close on 3 or 4 products.

We went to the natural food store yesterday and I am proud to say I didn't buy anything. They had the whole Alaffia line with testers for the shea gel and the shea creme. I tried both on my twists out and I really like the gel. Wanted to try the shampoo but decided not to. All of the bottles of Aloe Vera and glycerin were talking to me. Then they had Giovanni shampoo on sale for $5.99. I want to try that.

I do get 1 purchase for this month but I will really think about it before making that purchase. I am proud of myself for the discipline.

I feel good - uh uh uh - like I knew I would uh uh uh. I feel good, like I knew that I would now. So good. So good... :yay: :yay: :yay:

Used a good amount of 2 conditioners yesterday doing a henna gloss and cowashing it out
I'm going to use the rest of the pack of henna in a few weeks

ms_b_haven06 - I was really happy with just using a brahmi and water paste on my hair. It didn't feel immediately great when I rinsed it out like a conditioner would, but after it dried I noticed it was just fuller and softer and I couldn't stop smelling it! I know most people think the herbs smell bad but I love them
I made my own amla oil. It's pretty easy. There's lots of good info in the ayurvedic threads.
I wash my face with amla too. You can make a mask or just scrub with the powder.

Does anyone have any recipes that I can use for Amla Powder or Brahmi?

ms_b_haven06 these are two of my favorite powders and I use them mixed with Maka and make a tea rinse. If you use twice as much Bahmi as you do Amla you should be fine doing just a tea rinse with the two. HTH

I have lots of products on their last leg LOL

Ladie have you ever had a product that seemed like it should be gone already and feel someone is coming into your house, into your hair stash and refilling it just slightly LOL.

I henna'd my hair :)

So I have used up one Henna box
and one Indigo pack.
I am low on several things so low I have about one to 3 more uses because I use a scant of this and a scant of that LOL.

Congrats ladies on using things up :clap:

I used up a kalpi tone powder. I also used up a suave rosemary mint conditioner and a patene relaxed & natural moisturizing conditioner(that I had forever) to co wash.

I have lots of products on their last leg LOL

Ladie have you ever had a product that seemed like it should be gone already and feel someone is coming into your house, into your hair stash and refilling it just slightly LOL.

Is that what is going on? I knew something was up.:lol:

I didn't get to go shopping so I still can't post my list. But it's surprisingly shorter than I thought it would be. I only have 2 shampoos, both of which are more than half way gone.

Last night I finished off a bottle of ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor.

Since my flat twist updo was a disaster I had to redo my hair tonight. So that gave me a chance to use up some product. I mixed the Kimble Bounce Back Curling Revitalizer with the Shea Moisture Smoothie and applied it to my two strand twists. So the Kimble is gone. I used the Crown of Glory Hair Custard to seal my ends.

The count down has begun 48 and counting.

Can anyone suggest a good shampoo? I'm having a hard time finding a good one that doesn't leave my hair feeling brittle and dry.

Can anyone suggest a good shampoo? I'm having a hard time finding a good one that doesn't leave my hair feeling brittle and dry.

Will you share with us the last few that you tried?

I am still looking for a shampoo myself. But I have heard a lot of good things about the Elasta QP shampoo and the Argan One and Only shampoo. Have you tried either of those?

Others I have seen positive reviews on are
Giovanni 50/50
Trader Joes Nourish Spa

faithVA I haven't tried any of those yet. I've only used V05, Suave, Mane and Tail, the original Pantene, and a few HE brands.

Back