Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011

I have a bottle of that and have used it before in the past. It was actually pretty good. I just like the Suave Humectant MUCH better lol

That's why I purchased it because quite a few said it was good. :sad: I guess I should be glad it was inexpensive because unless I use it to prepoo it is going in the trash. It serves me right for buying so much junk:whip: when I already had conditioners i haven't even tried.

So which conditioner are you trying next?

I have no idea how to keep my hair moisturized. I am starting simple with just spraying my hair with water every evening and baggying for an hour and then applying a cream moisturizer. I tried applying oils afterwards but my hair was feeling like a bp oil spill.

I think I am going to try the following for 2 weeks each: plain water; water + aloe; water + glycerin; water + glycerin + aloe. I will hopefully get a good comparison.

But putting water on my twists has my hair in one big fuzzy mess :nono: I've had them in since Sunday and my hair looks 3 weeks old. :ohwell:

<Ok I got confused...this should have been in the Nail Your Regimen thread.. sheesh>

Last edited:
I used up one Silk Elements, 2 boxes of Henna :(, & Yes to carrots.

I am almost finished a couple of things.

& half way done a few. :) anywho I am doing pretty good!

You have a lot of hair girl. I would imagine it won't take you long to use up your stash at all.:lol:

UPDATE: I bought a product for April but I have no plans to buy anymore products for a good while and I'll probably use it up quickly since I'm heavy handed with this product.

That's why I purchased it because quite a few said it was good. :sad: I guess I should be glad it was inexpensive because unless I use it to prepoo it is going in the trash. It serves me right for buying so much junk:whip: when I already had conditioners i haven't even tried.

So which conditioner are you trying next?

Probably the GVP version of the Nexxus Humectant or Aussie Moist. I'll play eeny meeny when I get home and go from there lol

Way to go. One down and I'm sure more on the wya.

I have the Paul Mitchell leave-in conditioner knock off too. How do you like it? Have you used the real Paul Mitchell - The conditioner? How do they compare?

I will have used it up by months end. And was wondering if I should try the real thing.

Nope never tried the real one, but I probably wont cause I LOVE this one.

I decided to crack open the Suave Almond and Shea Butter condish since faithVA mentioned it yesterday lol. First time using it since I chopped and I liked how it made my hair feel. I will most def keep this in rotation for my cowashes. Staple maybe??? :woot:

I decided to crack open the Suave Almond and Shea Butter condish since @faithVA mentioned it yesterday lol. First time using it since I chopped and I liked how it made my hair feel. I will most def keep this in rotation for my cowashes. Staple maybe??? :woot:

Oh whatever NikkiQ - You just wanted to rub it in. Na Na Na Na Na - It worked for me and not for you. :sad:

:lol::lol::lol: :look:

LMAO yeah the shipping would cost more than the bottle itself. Me and my hair are at odds too for some reason. It won't curl up. It won't lay down. It's just flippin me the bird.

I was in Marshall's yesterday and they had big bottles of Joico. I wanted to buy some. For what I don't know. I like to buy things because the bottles look pretty and have no idea what they are for. :blush:

But my Boundless Tresses hair serum is on its way and should get it by next week. :yay: :yay: So hopefully by the time I am SL I will also have started making some advances with my thin areas. And if I am happy with it, I will be throwing out those other products.

I think I am going to need to stay in PJ rehab for a while. After this challenge I think I will have to go to the Use 1 Buy 1 challenge.

Let me in!!!
Recovering PJ here, I was in this very same challenge last year.. I caved in but after it was over I got my PJ under control.

My stash is pretty low now but I need something to keep me focus. I just need to get rid of these old stuff I don't use anymore while not purchasing new stuff.

3x 20 oz. Lustrasilk Shea butter and mango Cholesterol
1x Suave Shea and almond conditioner
1.2x Suave shea and almond shampoo
2x 2 oz. Qhemet moisturizer (forget their names)
1x 8 oz. Qhemet moisturizer
100x Tea bag of Black tea I have taking up my frikken kitchen space
2x Herbal Essences Long term relationship leave in
1x Mane n Tail Moisturizing conditioner

My plan of action is to do black tea rinses again, and use up the conditioners in my Egg treatment mixes and for pre-poos when ever my hair is feeling dry. I'll stick to one session for now.

Let me in!!!
Recovering PJ here, I was in this very same challenge last year.. I caved in but after it was over I got my PJ under control.

My stash is pretty low now but I need something to keep me focus. I just need to get rid of these old stuff I don't use anymore while not purchasing new stuff.

Welcome 20Something,

You don't have much at all which is good. The ladies in here are on a roll. So come on in and make it happen.

Today I purchased Elasta QP Soy Oyl (as a staple conditioner for my Henna) I was using Yes To Carrots, But honestly any okay, decent, cheap DC is workable.

For my Month Buy I bought some Bruti Oil :)

I should be okay with Henna Conditioner for the rest of the year I use about half a cup per mix. This container is 32 ozs and I bought 2 :look: it was 2/$10 :yep:

I guess I never did give an update when I suggested that we could replace our staples without a pass. I was surprised that so many were like naw - I'm cool. Of course everyone didn't vote and I don't know what the final numbers were but at the end I think that we are better off just using up what we have.

If you have a situation where you feel you really, really need to buy something and you don't have a pass - just remember You Is Grown and make it happen. You know whether you are making a legitimate purchase or just being a PJ.

I swear though, this challenge is showing me my true colors. I find myself in the store saying, I can buy this and they won't know. I don't have to put it on the list. :Devil:

Obviously I need y'all to pray for me

I curb my PJ fix by buying hair accessories instead. It works and I do need to step my accessory game up. Can't wear the same headbands with the fro all the time. DUH!

FV - I just don't want to use any of my more pricey conditioners in the henna. I'd rather use a cheapy kinda conditioner. and Yes TO Carrots was kinda expensive for a toss in mix conditioner for me. I only have 2 Alter Egos (which I would never mix in) and 2 (Silk Elements which cost to much to mix in) and no other DC. I won't be purchasing another DC (Non-Henna Mix) until Sally has a sale. I am a lil nervous I will use my SE before then But I have the AE for a back up until then.

;)

ETA: I forgot my trial package of WEN has a REmoist mask 2 ozs (2 uses)

Last edited:
I swear though, this challenge is showing me my true colors. I find myself in the store saying, I can buy this and they won't know. I don't have to put it on the list. :Devil:

Obviously I need y'all to pray for me

LOL this made me laugh

I really like this challenge. When I'm in the hair care isle I actually do think of this thread. I like to come in here talking about what I finished, and being able to change that item to red and say it's done :yep:

The only hair related thing I purchased was a Tangle Teezer...but it's not a product...and can't be "used up" so it's ok right :blush:

The only hair related thing I purchased was a Tangle Teezer...but it's not a product...and can't be "used up" so it's ok right :blush:

You're good. The Tangle Teezer doesn't count. I didn't include items like that which is good because I bought 3 shower caps and a bun maker thingee. And I think NikkiQ said something about hair accessories.

We can't just go cold turkey on everything.

You're good. The Tangle Teezer doesn't count. I didn't include items like that which is good because I bought 3 shower caps and a bun maker thingee. And I think NikkiQ said something about hair accessories.

We can't just go cold turkey on everything.

Yeah the hair goodies help fight the urge to buy products. Today at the dollar store,I bought a new paddle brush for detangling,3 headbands, and some little pastel rubberbands for my Celie braids. I feel so much better too :lachen:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

UPDATE: Trying to co-wash for the first time and I'm liking the process so far. DCing for 30 minutes with AO WC. I can't see myself using all my products within a reasonable time frame if I'm only washing my hair every 7-10 days. Hopefully with this method, I can now wash every 3-4 days until I'm done my products.

Back