Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011

Great job ladies. I can't wait to see the stash updates at the end of June. We have a good start and we still have plenty of time to go in phase 1. It's looking good. :woohoo:

Hi ladies, congrats on your progress!!! I was in last year's challenge. I haven't been on the board lately, but I've been working through my stash on my own. This week I used up two bottles of condish--a large bottle of Suave coconut and JASON'S Biotin. Haven't bought anything all year. I'd like to sign up for the next session. Best.

Hi ladies, congrats on your progress!!! I was in last year's challenge. I haven't been on the board lately, but I've been working through my stash on my own. This week I used up two bottles of condish--a large bottle of Suave coconut and JASON'S Biotin. Haven't bought anything all year. I'd like to sign up for the next session. Best.

Glad to have you kasey. Good to hear you have been working through your stash. And :wow: to not buying anything ALL YEAR.

You may join us at anytime. You can join us now or wait until next phase. If you decide to wait I will TRY to remember to send you a reminder. :look:

I had been trying to figure out what I was going to do with the HydraThermals heat protector glosser since I don't straighten my hair. I have been using it to seal my ends. Works wonderfully and should be gone by the end of May.

My shelf is looking better and better every week.

Heya, lovelies!

I'm on a college budget, so my stash isn't as sophisticated as some of you guys's! But my cousin (the 'Nique' of 'Breenique") has PLENTY for the both of us!!!

Leggo.

1. MOTIVATIONS: i keep seeing products on this board, online, and in stores that I want to use up, but I can't stand seeing half-used bottles next to full bottles on my shelf! Furthermore, I want to be able to JUSTIFY buying new things (i'm this way with most things--bath products, lotions, hair stuff, etc...all except for food really. smh.)

2. -SHAMPOOS: ORGANIX COCONUT MILK (1/2 BOTTLE LEFT...I DON'T SHAMPOO OFTEN! CO-WASHER!);
HALF A BOTTLE OF CLARIFYING SHAMPOO (THIS'LL LAST ME ABOUT A YEAR...)

-CONDITIONERS/ DC's:

HE LTR (1/2 bottle) (co-wash);
-Organix Coconut milk (2 bottles half-used, so about a whole bottle left) (co-wash);
-extra-large bottle of Organix Cherry Blossom Ginseng (3/4 bottle left) (co-wash)
-Organix Pomegranite (1/3 left) (co-wash)
-Kenra Moisturizing (3/4 left...it was a gift! i use it for DCing most times)
-Neutrogena Triple Moisture mask (my protien)

LEAVE-INS/MOISTRUIZERS/ Butters:
-Elasta QP Mango Butter (<3)
-CHI Silk Infusion
-Netrogena Triple Moisture silk leave-in

OILS:
-Carol's Daughter oil mix (not my prime oil/sealer...)
-Coconut oil (usually seal with this)

3. no pic yet! All these things are in NYC, pics in about a week or two!

4. I'm going with session 1-2 (June 1- Aug. 31... goal is to be completely used up by Thanksgiving!!)

THIS CALLS FOR A LOT OF CO-WASHING! (I USUALLY WASH 2X A WEEK, ONCE A CO-WASH, THE OTHER A DC, WITH CLARIFYING ONCE A MONTH. THIS SUMMER I MAY UP THAT TO 3X A WEEK!)

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT, LADIES! <3

Last edited:
Welcome BreeNique

No matter the size of the stash we will support you in using it up :lol:

For a college student it is a nice size stash. And I love that your user name is two names put together. So cute :yep:

Update us when you can.

I added a product.....Dollar General version of Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (added it to my list also), I have to try it maybe it can save me some cash if it feels the same on my hair.

DCing my hair with a mixture of some leftover DC that I had in the frig, Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner, Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Conditioner, ION Reconstructor Treatment, and a squirt of EVOO and Safflower Oil.

Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Conditioner, used for a DC today!

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Protein Hair Infusion, mixed with another Giovanni product for nxt week DC.

Shampoo
Crème of Nature Professional Detangling- Conditioning
Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Conditioner
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship
Dollar General: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor (2 bottles....1 bottle)
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Conditioner
Protein DC mixture
ION Reconstructor Treatment
Aussie Moist Conditioner
LeKair Cholesterol Plus
Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Protein Hair Infusion

Leave-In/Moisturizer
GVP The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Mane ‘n Tail Detangler
ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème
CHI Keratin Mist

Oil
African Royale Hot Six Oil
Safflower Oil
EVOO
Coconut Oil

Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Amla Powder
Brahmi
Indigo

Other
CHI Silk Infusion (2 bottles)
CHI 44 Iron Guard
KeraCare Foam Wrap Lotion
Motions Foam Wrap Lotion
KeraCare Oil Sheen
French Stabilizer Plus
Ecostyler Clear Gel
Nexxus Emergencee

Last edited:
I added a product.....Dollar General version of Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (added it to my list also), I have to try it maybe it can save me some cash if it feels the same on my hair.

definitely let us know how that works out. I tried the paul mitchell knock off but since i never tried paul mitchell didnt have a good comparison. :ohwell:

I threw out the bioinfusion serum stuff - whatever that was. it scared me. I actually did a cowash tonight with the EO chamomile and honey hydrating conditioner. It worked much better than the 1st time i used it. I detangled with whatever that detangling condish is. so hittin them a little at a time.

Finally pics of my stash
IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0973.jpg

I organized the products in my room I only have 2 moisturizers...I'm making progress :grin: IMO moisturizers are the hardest products to use up. Now it should be smooth sailing

8 more conditioners..I go through these things the fastest...at this rate I should be stash-free by the end of summer :pray:

Doing cowashes and product comparisons on my twist so haven't used up a lot but at least using some stuff. I did use up the African's Best detangling conditioning.

The product comparisons are great. In 1 fell swoop I can figure out what my hair likes and doesn't. I can now focus on getting rid of what doesn't work and what I don't want to replace.

This is so much fun. :grin:

Why don't you try to sell them or swap them for other products you've wanted to try? Might as well not let any money go to waste.

I tried that and sold/swapped some products but not many.

What are you thinking of getting rid of?

I have this giant tub of Nexxus Phyto Organic Conditioner that my hair just hates and a half jar of Cantu-Shea that is not selling bc shipping is too much.

finished off a jar of my honey child's olive you deep condish - yipee!! :grin:

EDIT/Update: also finished off a bottle of generic biolage when i henna'd yesterday and a jar of Qhemet alma pomade!! :dance7:

Last edited:
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector is almost gone, it wont pump out anymore so I now have to turn it upside down and beat the bottle, should be gone by the beginning of the week.

I tried that and sold/swapped some products but not many.

I have this giant tub of Nexxus Phyto Organic Conditioner that my hair just hates and a half jar of Cantu-Shea that is not selling bc shipping is too much.

getting rid of a few inexpensive products is hard. the condtioner sounds good though.

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector is almost gone, it wont pump out anymore so I now have to turn it upside down and beat the bottle, should be gone by the beginning of the week.

I really want to try that leave in. Lots of good reviews on it.

My product comparison experiments have revealed my hair does not like dimeticone no matter how u mix it. So throwing out the 3 products with it: Cantu daily moisturizer, Taliah Waajid krinkles and curls and Bronner Bros 10 in 1 hair treatment.

I really wanted te Talia Waajid to work for rollersets but my hair comes out so dry I wouldnt be able to wear it in curls with that stuff.

The product comparison experiment has been really helpful.

Ok ladies I took my braids out today, hopefully I can use up some things before I get a sew in next month

I threw out Redken All soft conditioner (maybe one use left but the top was missing for weeks andI just don't like that conditioner), empty bottle of NTM silk touch, and old lekair cholesterol.

I'm getting cornrows for the next 2-3 weeks so hopefully I can use up: Joico Chelating Shampoo, CHI Keratin Mist, Infusium 23 leave-in, Surge Plus 14, biotin....all are almost done

Just took my crochet braid out and shampooing in a few minutes in which I will rid myself of some Suave Shea Butter and Almond shampoo.

Do any of you guys have recs for a good ALS/ALES based moisturizing shampoo? Herbal Essences reformulated my beloved HH and LTR shampoos and switched to SLS, which my hair usually hates. I have some shampoo samples to use in the meantime, but I would like to try something once these are all gone.

definitely let us know how that works out. I tried the paul mitchell knock off but since i never tried paul mitchell didnt have a good comparison. :ohwell:
I too have a PM knockoff and they way I like that product I wont be trying the real version.... Save my dollars.

My product comparison experiments have revealed my hair does not like dimeticone no matter how u mix it. So throwing out the 3 products with it: Cantu daily moisturizer, Taliah Waajid krinkles and curls and Bronner Bros 10 in 1 hair treatment.

I really wanted te Talia Waajid to work for rollersets but my hair comes out so dry I wouldnt be able to wear it in curls with that stuff.

The product comparison experiment has been really helpful.

How did you find out that it was this certain ingredient?

Back