Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011

Used up some NTM Healing Serum last night and working hard on a dove leave-in.

I don't think I did as well as I could have, but I usually go through bottles of stuff in the summer so hopefully I'll start doing better.

I indulged in the Once a year Wen Sale today and bought myself a Gallon of Wen. I finished a Bottle this month but canceled my membership with Guthy Ranker since I bought the Gallon Sized today.

I Still think I am doing well. Not buying alot of crap like normal.

I am giving my sister two of my Hair One Olive Oils for her Bday since she goes through her Wen like no bodies business and i have to buy her a gift anywho so I will shed 2 of those from my stash which leaves me with one! :)

The Wen Gallon should last me One Year and a half minimum.

Also FaithVA if you find you don't like the PCA I would gladly make a deal :)
That stuff is in Wendy's WIllliams voice "GOOOOOOOD" LOL

Used up some NTM Healing Serum last night and working hard on a dove leave-in.

I don't think I did as well as I could have, but I usually go through bottles of stuff in the summer so hopefully I'll start doing better.

Every use is a step in the right direction. So you are doing great.

I indulged in the Once a year Wen Sale today and bought myself a Gallon of Wen.

Also FaithVA if you find you don't like the PCA I would gladly make a deal

Ive heard great things about Wen. glad you got a good deal.

As far as the PCA, I dont have enough left to make a deal. Fortunately most of my stash bottles are less than half full.

Ok I gotcha. U need to share these buys so I can live through u. :lol:

But yes I do still want to buy more than 1 thing but Im not sure why. And I still keep getting the temptation to just buy stuff and not tell you guys. I knew I had some closet eating tendencies but the shopping tendencies are new to me. :blush:

@faithVA - :lachen: Me too! But I'd rather buy more than 1 & be honest. Like I did with the Oyin. Especially if its internet sales like QB - how you just gonna buy 1? But QB is also a staple. I swear I wish I can found more staples on ground. But I did finish off Kenra MC!!! I actually dumped the rest out 2/3 weeks ago and mixed it, but officially finished the concoction. Also finished a sample size of Bee Mine hair milk (forgot to list)

Ive heard great things about Wen. glad you got a good deal.

As far as the PCA, I dont have enough left to make a deal. Fortunately most of my stash bottles are less than half full.

I love the Wen I had 3 bottles and I am down to 2.

I Gave my sister 2 of my Hair One Olive Oils :) Down to 1. :)

My stash is low and my ca$h is good! LOL.

PCA is awesome stuff. I truly feel my hair more moisturized and think that is my secret weapon. :)

I am changing my diet up. To include more water and less Soda :) I am trying here.

I am going to be under wigs next month's end, gonna do a DRC treatment then get it braided up as I get LESS shedding when I do a hard core. I think I will only leave it in in 2 week bouts instead of 3. To offer my hair more DC time and keep my scalp cleap while having low Manipulation.

I think I may go through the rest of my stash and wigs and sell a few things. No need wasting anything by just chuckin it in the trash.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

My list havent changed much at all, I have kinda been slacking on my hair but I am finna get back on it. I did add WGO to the list this is the second thing that I have purchased since being in this challenge, I think Im doing good.

Shampoo
Crème of Nature Professional Detangling- Conditioning
Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Conditioner
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship
Dollar General: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor (2 bottles....1 bottle)
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Conditioner
Protein DC mixture
ION Reconstructor Treatment
Aussie Moist Conditioner
LeKair Cholesterol Plus
Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Protein Hair Infusion

Leave-In/Moisturizer
GVP The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Mane ‘n Tail Detangler
ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème
CHI Keratin Mist

Oil
African Royale Hot Six Oil
Safflower Oil
EVOO
Coconut Oil
Wheat Germ Oil

Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Amla Powder
Brahmi
Indigo

Other
CHI Silk Infusion (2 bottles)
CHI 44 Iron Guard
KeraCare Foam Wrap Lotion
Motions Foam Wrap Lotion
KeraCare Oil Sheen
French Stabilizer Plus
Ecostyler Clear Gel
Nexxus Emergencee

Last edited:
Last week I think I mentioned that I bought the Aphoghee 2 minute reconstructor for my May purchase. Uhh, that stuff is being relegated to the back of the closet. I am a heavy shedder anywayz and that stuff just put my shedding into double time. It felt good when I rinsed it out so I was thinking I would try using it 1x a week like some others. Then I thought 1x a month. Now I'm thinking 1x a quarter :look:

I did get my Zen Detox Thursday which is my June purchase. And I love this stuff. It will be going onto my staple lists. It comes with enough for 3 treatments and I can't wait for the next one next weekend.

So I will try to use up as much stuff as possible between now and the end of June. I am installing Kinky Twists extensions in July so won't be much product experimentation then. We will officially be in phase II of the challenge as well :woohoo:

faithVA - what is this Zen Detox? I heard it mentioned before, but uh, what is it?

Just finished a box of Jamila Henna.

Ok, I hope I don't get kicked out for this, but I restocked on my staples since Qhemet had a sale. It was 4 items. I'm sorry, but 20% off - I had to do it. But I will not use until I finsh what I have. PROMISE. Personal side challenge since I did a restock is to buy nothing until October unless my stash gets depleted before then (highly unlikely).

@faithVA - what is this Zen Detox? I heard it mentioned before, but uh, what is it?

Just finished a box of Jamila Henna.

Ok, I hope I don't get kicked out for this, but I restocked on my staples since Qhemet had a sale. It was 4 items. I'm sorry, but 20% off - I had to do it. But I will not use until I finsh what I have. PROMISE. Personal side challenge since I did a restock is to buy nothing until October unless my stash gets depleted before then (highly unlikely).

Just make sure you are listing your new purchases. The day of reckoning is coming June 30th and you will have to appear before the jury :lol:

Zen Detox is a clay conditioner that is supposed to remove impurities and foreign substances from your hair and scalp. I am sure there are other clay masque but one of the other LHCFers did a review on it and I decide to try it. It was really nice. I definitely think it will improve the condition of my hair and I am hoping it helps with issues I was having with my scalp.

SE condish is gone now. Yay!!

Used my June pass to try out the Aussie line. I already had the Aussie Moist condish so I picked up the shampoo and deep condish. K-Mart had them on sale 3/$9 but I don't need that much stuff lol. I know I'm only supposed to get one thing, but 2 isn't bad when I haven't really used my passes on anything else but a 2 step protein treatment pack.

SE condish is gone now. Yay!!

Used my June pass to try out the Aussie line. I already had the Aussie Moist condish so I picked up the shampoo and deep condish. K-Mart had them on sale 3/$9 but I don't need that much stuff lol. I know I'm only supposed to get one thing, but 2 isn't bad when I haven't really used my passes on anything else but a 2 step protein treatment pack.

Let me know how you like the Aussie Moist. Do the conditioners have cones?

Was so tempted to buy some Aubrey Organics today -- but I made it through the day.

I tried really hard to use up all of the Dudley PCA but shoot still have some left. So I have my hair in two stranded twists, braided up into 2 cornrows so won't be much product use this week. :sad:

Let me know how you like the Aussie Moist. Do the conditioners have cones?

Honestly, I have no idea. Didn't really pay attention to the ingredients. I really need to start being more observant, but I have no idea what I'm looking for :lol:

Here is my updated list. Added some products and got rid of some. I don't think my list is too bad but I need to get it down to 1 or 2 in each category.

ShampoosKeracare hydrating detangling shampoo
Aveda Dry Remedy

Conditioners
VO5 Moisture Milks Strawberry (1.5 bottles)
Aveda Dry Remedy
Giovanni Tea Tree
Roux Porosity Control (2 bottles)

Deep Conditioners
Joico Moisture Balm
Aveda Dry Remedy
Joico K-pak Intense Hydrator (4 tubes)
Lutrasilk Shea Mango

Leave Ins/Moisturizers
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In
Kinky Curly Knot Today (1.5 bottles)

Oils & Essential Oils
JBCO Castor Oil (4 bottles)
Coconut Oil
Rosemary Oil
Peppermint Oil
Tea Tree Oil

Styling products
Garnier Creme Gel

Misc.
Joico K-pak reconstructor (4 tubes)
Claudie Scalp Elixir
Claudie Temple Balm

I was able to sell some stuff and the others I gave away all they had to pay was shipping. Most of what I have left is what I use. The stuff I don't use I will save for a product swap at a meetup.

I bought some Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner because my scalp has been acting up again. I really want to try out other deep conditioners since I found a salon near me that sales both Redken and Joico products but I'm holding out because I already have tons of conditioners.
I think I may throw more products away or give them away because I don't have a use for them.

Oh, I did not like the Roux Porosity Control at all. It worked and made my hair feel nice but it was way too watery and lacked slip so I will not buy it again.

Ravengirl try mixing a quarter sized amount with your favorite DC and use it as you'd normally use your DC. It boost it up for me. I'd never use alone :)

@Ravengirl try mixing a quarter sized amount with your favorite DC and use it as you'd normally use your DC. It boost it up for me. I'd never use alone :)

I agree. Most post I have seen it is used before conditioning or deep conditioning, or with one and not as the conditioner.

I applied it to my hair first and then applied my DC when I did use it.

I used the rest of my beloved BRX Braid Spray this morning :crying3:

IDK what to do with myself! I loved that stuff. My staple morning moisturizer. I mixed it with Hot 6 Oil.

I used the rest of my beloved BRX Braid Spray this morning :crying3:

IDK what to do with myself! I loved that stuff. My staple morning moisturizer. I mixed it with Hot 6 Oil.

Oh don't cry. You will be able to get more soon. And just think how lucky you are to have a product you love.

I don't know if you have any passes left or not, but since you are trying to make SL this month, if you even think not having it will cause a set back, you are hereby ordered to go pick up another bottle. That's an order (politely given of course :yep: ).

Oh don't cry. You will be able to get more soon. And just think how lucky you are to have a product you love.

I don't know if you have any passes left or not, but since you are trying to make SL this month, if you even think not having it will cause a set back, you are hereby ordered to go pick up another bottle. That's an order (politely given of course :yep: ).

Well since it's a staple, technically I can buy it without using a pass according to challenge rules (LOOPHOLE!!!) but I'm actually gonna hold out on buying it until I'm in dire need. I have other things I can use. I just know that I have a product that I will keep in my "holy grail" until I find something better.

I only have my Lush Henna right now :( All my other Henna is gone.

I did Order Napur Henna Yesterday. I will be using Lush Henna this weekend on Saturday. My Hair color products are going fast.....

HUH, will Deep Condition with my Silk Elements for about an hour. I have a while before that disappears. Maybe 2 months or 1.5.

^^^ I did my Henna today with Lush; I don't have time really on Saturday like I thought, I don't really have time today, made time though. I figured, I'd look a hot mess going to get my son from school kinda and then wash it out when I get home. :(

Oh well, such is life. I have a meeting and a game tonight, My day is booked. I will definitely go to the Salon in the morning for a Rollerset :).

Going to sleep overnight most likely with Vatika Oil.

Today I used up One bar of Lush Caca Noir and Finished a pack of Hydra Caps :)

Back