Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011

Hello Ladies,

I have no plans to do anything to my hair this week. So I doubt I will use up anything. :look: But.... I am not buying anything either so :woohoo:

I might do my hair. Lazy right now.

I keep coming in and looking at this list hoping to magically "X" something out LOL, but its not working

:lol: I know, I do the same thing. Looking at the whipping emoticon helps me feel a little better. Smack it around some ms_b_haven06. Let the stuff know whose boss.

The awesome thing about this challenge is that it also motivates u to wash and moisturize your hair more often = more length retention. I can't wait to join round 2

I think you should rejoin as soon as you get that buying spree out of your system. Don't wait for round 2. But do wait until that impulse has passed. In the meantime, be a sideline challenger.

You might need a few weeks though - he he he. I could see you drifting a week or two ago.

Keep knocking that stuff off your list AlliCat.

@AlliCat-- your bun is beautiful!

Hopefully I will finish something --I plan to use up the Mizani cleansing condish first, should be done in 2-3 washings. I'm trying to think of a plan of attack on these products, and at the same time determine my staples. So far I know I love Oyin, KBB, HV 24/7. So I think I am gonna use up the so/so stuff 1st (hopefully they will stay on the so/so list).

Sounds like a good strategy. I am trying to keep the products I think I like until I have more length to try it out on.

Finding staples in your stash is a great reward :yep:

I've thrown out a lot this week and have used up some stuff so I'm feeling pretty good. I have changed my shampoo schedule to weekly so I should be able to move through some things a little quicker.

Last night I mixed the last of the CD loc butter with Kinky Curly Styling Serum and some Aloe Vera gel and came up with some um uh hmm not sure stuff. I would love to use this up this weekend but I doubt it. What looks like 1 use probably is more like 4 to 5 uses. I think I would like the CD loc butter if it wasn't soooo greasy. yuck!

So the only thing I will probably use up this weekend is the coconut oil. We shall see.

I want to join [because I need to] I have a bunch of stuff and I have no consistency. I normally hide my hair in the fall and winter so I dont' use much product. I fail miserably at challenges because I don't visit the forum as regularly as I should and therefore don't check in but I realllllllllllly need this. I love Vatika Oil with all my heart and I'm about to run out - what ta do what ta do?!

I want to join [because I need to] I have a bunch of stuff and I have no consistency. I normally hide my hair in the fall and winter so I dont' use much product. I fail miserably at challenges because I don't visit the forum as regularly as I should and therefore don't check in but I realllllllllllly need this. I love Vatika Oil with all my heart and I'm about to run out - what ta do what ta do?!

Come on in LadyPBC. What's the worse that could happen? This is the perfect time. Spring is here so you will use up some product. And maybe seeing things get crossed off your list will do you some good.

Everyone here checks in around different times. And I send a shout out every month as a reminder. NO PRESSURE :lol: - Just a reminder.

It's not a No Buy Challenge. You get 1 pass a month. And you have 5 days to buy/order you Vatika oil.

Like I said - What do you have to lose?

Due to Mother's Day doing my hair tonight instead of Sunday, my usual wash day.

I used up the rest of the coconut with my Chicoro Prepoo. I shampoo'd with the Nexfaze shampoo using most of that. It was only a sample size. I threw the remainder away. It's not worth using again. I used the Nexfaze conditioner with some olive oil to condition. I used all of that. It actually wasn't enough so I added some of the Detangling conditioner to it. Used a good amount of that but didn't use it up.

So 3 things down. From using the Nexfaze product, I definitely learned that even though technique is important, product is just as important. The right products make you fall in love with your hair. The wrong products give you a headache. The wrong products can make you think your hair is dry, or that it tangles easy or give you excessive shrinkage.

I'm glad I have been able to experience both.

My mom used up the last of my HELTR leave in. She didn't even tell me though. I found out when I when I was emptying the bathroom trash.

Going to cowash in the morning, will come back to post with what.
I used ApHogee 2 min...I got a surprise too (I used up another product)

My friend is also sending me 2 boxes of henna so some of my conditioners and oil should decrease a lot if not leave the list once I mix that up and freeze it.

Last edited:
1 of my ApHogee 2 mins are GONE as of this morning, used for a cowash!

Shampoo
Crème of Nature Professional Detangling- Conditioning
Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Conditioner
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship
Dollar General: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor (2 bottles....1 bottle)
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Conditioner
ION Reconstructor Treatment
Aussie Moist Conditioner
LeKair Cholesterol Plus
Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Protein Hair Infusion

Leave-In/Moisturizer
Generic Value Products The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Mane ‘n Tail Detangler
ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème
CHI Keratin Mist

Oil
African Royale Hot Six Oil
Safflower Oil
EVOO
Coconut Oil

Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Amla Powder
Brahmi
Indigo

Other
CHI Silk Infusion (2 bottles)
CHI 44 Iron Guard
KeraCare Foam Wrap Lotion
Motions Foam Wrap Lotion
KeraCare Oil Sheen
French Stabilizer Plus
Ecostyler Clear Gel
Nexxus Emergencee

Last edited:
Okay :spank: me now.

I am getting 2 products this month. BUtttt...... I don't have any other like so in my stash :)
I am needing to up the moisture due to the dryness of the Henna. I have been getting some Breakage and I know it is because I am using ENTIRELY too much protein. Dudleys DRC, Henna, APhogee Leave in, APhogee green Tea. SOooooooooooooooooooooo.....

I ordered Dudleys PCA Moisture Retainer and I am going to Sally's to get Hair One Remoist Mist.

I need alot of mOisture right now. I am washing my hair Wednesday after my son's meeting and will use up a few things and I must use my Porosity control and pray that works to give my Conditioner it's usual boost.

I am doing well in other areas, not spending money isn't one of my best... :(

I improvised instead of shopping for setting lotion. I had Keracare's wrap foam and Wen Styling Cream so I use the combo of the two to do the job and I must say I am Impressed :) :yep:

Back to my :spank:

Okay :spank: me now.

I am getting 2 products this month. BUtttt...... I don't have any other like so in my stash :)
I am needing to up the moisture due to the dryness of the Henna. I have been getting some Breakage and I know it is because I am using ENTIRELY too much protein. Dudleys DRC, Henna, APhogee Leave in, APhogee green Tea. SOooooooooooooooooooooo.....

I ordered Dudleys PCA Moisture Retainer and I am going to Sally's to get Hair One Remoist Mist.

I need alot of mOisture right now. I am washing my hair Wednesday after my son's meeting and will use up a few things and I must use my Porosity control and pray that works to give my Conditioner it's usual boost.

:look: Ok well, hmm, I will commend you on your honesty.

I can't remember if you are relaxed or natural and I'm too lazy to go check. A few things you can do to up your moisture 1. prepoo with Aloe Vera and an oil of your choice, add 1 TBSP oil to your conditioner and since you've had a henna treatment, do a DC with a moisturizing conditioner.

I have the Dudleys PCA Moisture Retainer as well but its not in the queue yet to use up. Maybe in another 30 days or so.

Let us know how you like the Remoist mist.

The more I nail my regimen and I can tell the effects on my hair, the more I am willing to continue to use something that just isn't doing it. So the CD loc butter mix I made, I gave to my mother. It was soooo greasy - ugh. I hate greasy. After mixing it with a lot of stuff, it did give my twists some hang. I think I am learning enough to come up with my own mix in a few weeks. I want it to be moisturizing, give my twists some hang, give it some hold for a nice twists out and give it sheen.

:look: Ok well, hmm, I will commend you on your honesty.

I can't remember if you are relaxed or natural and I'm too lazy to go check. A few things you can do to up your moisture 1. prepoo with Aloe Vera and an oil of your choice, add 1 TBSP oil to your conditioner and since you've had a henna treatment, do a DC with a moisturizing conditioner.

I have the Dudleys PCA Moisture Retainer as well but its not in the queue yet to use up. Maybe in another 30 days or so.

Let us know how you like the Remoist mist.

See I did the DC with a Moisturizing conditioner with Vatika oil for about 2-3 hours after my Henna and still my hair is acting like a dry bone.

Okay, I haven't pre-poo'd hip me to that.

I have an Aloe Vera Plant outside (can I use that?), I have a few oils, Vatika would be my choice, So I add this with my Conditioner and let it sit?

I actually had to put a little wen and Nu-gro grease on my hair yesterday it was so dry feeling. Feels better today. Wednesday can't come soon enough!

Thanks for your help Faith :)

See I did the DC with a Moisturizing conditioner with Vatika oil for about 2-3 hours after my Henna and still my hair is acting like a dry bone.

I have an Aloe Vera Plant outside (can I use that?), I have a few oils, Vatika would be my choice, So I add this with my Conditioner and let it sit?

I actually had to put a little wen and Nu-gro grease on my hair yesterday it was so dry feeling. Feels better today. Wednesday can't come soon enough!

I don't Henna. I cheat and use a henna rinse. I'm lazy like that. But I have read that those that henna, mix the conditioner with the henna before applying. Did you do that? You might want to check on some threads that talk about that. I think that prevents the dryness from occuring in the 1st place.

Prepoo: 1/2 cup of Aloe Vera Gel + 2 TBSP oil, then coat with coconut oil. If you don't have all that, just try the coconut oil and baggy overnight if you can or at least for a few hours.

It would take to much to get the Aloe Vera out of the plant in large enough quantities.

You can mix the Vatika with your conditioner or you can apply the Vatika to your hair first and then put on the deep conditioner. Use a heat cap, sit under the dryer, baggy, anything to get some additional heat to it.

If I find the thread about henna I will update you.

I don't Henna. I cheat and use a henna rinse. I'm lazy like that. But I have read that those that henna, mix the conditioner with the henna before applying. Did you do that? You might want to check on some threads that talk about that. I think that prevents the dryness from occuring in the 1st place.

Prepoo: 1/2 cup of Aloe Vera Gel + 2 TBSP oil, then coat with coconut oil. If you don't have all that, just try the coconut oil and baggy overnight if you can or at least for a few hours.

It would take to much to get the Aloe Vera out of the plant in large enough quantities.

You can mix the Vatika with your conditioner or you can apply the Vatika to your hair first and then put on the deep conditioner. Use a heat cap, sit under the dryer, baggy, anything to get some additional heat to it.

If I find the thread about henna I will update you.

I mix my henna with 1/2 cup of Vatika oil, 1 cup of Moisturizing conditioner, sugar, paprika, Henna, Black tea and 1/2 cup of Lemon Juice. It is pretty moisturizing. THE PROBLEM COMES .... (drum rolls)

That DARN Indigo is a beast. When I use Henna alone, I can DC with no issues, when I henna/Indigo it is like A cactus. :nono:

But the color is so beautiful..... and doesn't burn like Box colors

If I could get my Indigo sessions together that would be awesome thanks. They say to only mix with water and pinch of salt (shrugs)

hi JJamiah....i mix my henna with conditioner making it a "henna gloss" and that helps tremendously with keeping it from being too dry. my hair is seriously protein adverse if i exceed what it needs even by a little, so doing a henna w/o the condish is really not even an option for me! :-) be sure to use a cheapy (cuz you will use a lot of it) protein free condish to add to your henna and i also use a protein free deep condish afterwards and sit under the steamer for about an hour. i also refrain from using protein conditioners for at least the next 1-2 washes or DC. A good cheapy protein free condish is the Generic Maxtrix /biolage line from Sally's. I will also add a little honey and aloe vera gel or juice to my mix to help make it a little easier to rinse out. i will use one of my more expensive protein free DCs afterwards like curl rehab or my honey child's olive you to sit under the steamer with.

HTH!!

I mix my henna with 1/2 cup of Vatika oil, 1 cup of Moisturizing conditioner, sugar, paprika, Henna, Black tea and 1/2 cup of Lemon Juice. It is pretty moisturizing. THE PROBLEM COMES .... (drum rolls)

That DARN Indigo is a beast. When I use Henna alone, I can DC with no issues, when I henna/Indigo it is like A cactus. :nono:

But the color is so beautiful..... and doesn't burn like Box colors

If I could get my Indigo sessions together that would be awesome thanks. They say to only mix with water and pinch of salt (shrugs)

hi @JJamiah....i mix my henna with conditioner making it a "henna gloss" and that helps tremendously with keeping it from being too dry. my hair is seriously protein adverse if i exceed what it needs even by a little, so doing a henna w/o the condish is really not even an option for me! :-) be sure to use a cheapy (cuz you will use a lot of it) protein free condish to add to your henna and i also use a protein free deep condish afterwards and sit under the steamer for about an hour. i also refrain from using protein conditioners for at least the next 1-2 washes or DC. A good cheapy protein free condish is the Generic Maxtrix /biolage line from Sally's. I will also add a little honey and aloe vera gel or juice to my mix to help make it a little easier to rinse out. i will use one of my more expensive protein free DCs afterwards like curl rehab or my honey child's olive you to sit under the steamer with.

HTH!!

coyacoy I also use the conditioner mixed with my Henna. The henna doesn't seem to be an issue really it is the INDIGO, which seems to make my hair feel hardish until the wash a week later.

Do you Indigo as well?

coyacoy I also use the conditioner mixed with my Henna. The henna doesn't seem to be an issue really it is the INDIGO, which seems to make my hair feel hardish until the wash a week later.

Do you Indigo as well?
hi JJamiah....i don't indigo.....hmmmm, what i did experience, though, was really dry hair after my first couple of hennas because my henna/condish ratio was off....in those instances, I used a homemade oil-based shampoo (african black soap, aloe vera, veggie gycl, some fav oils) to rinse it out - extremely moisturizing shampoo in general; and then I co-washed in the middle of the week in an effort to get the moisture back. i also baggied my hair at night which also helped. a good alternative to the homemade shampoo is to add a little oil to your shampoo or condish when you are rinsing the henna out. there are a few good henna threads around here where i know several of the ladies indigo, so you may find some more first hand knowledge there. also, curlynikki's site has a whole section on henna with some good tips. HTH

I may have to use a pass ladies. I think I may have gotten a little bit of heat damage from a botched flat iron attempt and my curls just have lost their pizzaz. So sad. I miss them!! :(

Back