Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011

I may have to use a pass ladies. I think I may have gotten a little bit of heat damage from a botched flat iron attempt and my curls just have lost their pizzaz. So sad. I miss them!! :(

NikkiQ - Sorry to hear that girl... the same thing happened to me late last year... Protein treatments definitely helped me. I had Aphogee 2-Step Treatment and then switched to Joico K-Pak reconstructor and could definitely tell the difference with the K-Pak... I started getting curls again, even in some of the damaged areas... HTH

I may have to use a pass ladies. I think I may have gotten a little bit of heat damage from a botched flat iron attempt and my curls just have lost their pizzaz. So sad. I miss them!! :(

Do what you need to do Ms. Nikki. I hope it isn't serious and you can recover from it quickly. I have read in previous post they suggest intense conditioning and moisturizing.

What are you going to get to fix it?

I'm still gonna post in this challenge unofficially until the next round, if you guys don't mind :blush:
This thread is actually helpful :yep:
I got the PJism out of my system. Revisited my Elasta QP oil recovery moisture to moisturize (it's not as thick and oily as I thought, its not bad).

Do what you need to do Ms. Nikki. I hope it isn't serious and you can recover from it quickly. I have read in previous post they suggest intense conditioning and moisturizing.

What are you going to get to fix it?

Going to do an Aphogee 2 step treatment. Just gonna buy the little pack from Sally's. Don't need the whole bottle.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

NikkiQ - Sorry to hear that girl... the same thing happened to me late last year... Protein treatments definitely helped me. I had Aphogee 2-Step Treatment and then switched to Joico K-Pak reconstructor and could definitely tell the difference with the K-Pak... I started getting curls again, even in some of the damaged areas... HTH

I've never tried Joico products before. Do they have the small sizes like Aphogee?

I decided to wash my hair today to get a long deep conditioning time in, the rest of the week I have a tight schedule. So I will be DCing for most of the day today. Hoping to get my moisture levels in gear :) Capin when I go out. .

I Have used up:

WEN Remoist Intensive treatment
Wen Hair Cleanser

I'm still gonna post in this challenge unofficially until the next round, if you guys don't mind :blush:
This thread is actually helpful :yep:
I got the PJism out of my system. Revisited my Elasta QP oil recovery moisture to moisturize (it's not as thick and oily as I thought, its not bad).

Of course we don't mind. Glad to have you back.

Please share your findings as you try out your new products.

I'm having mixed feelings about your bun. It's gorgeous. I love it.:lick: I'm hating looking at it over and over again though. :look: I'm happy for you. And it's pissing me off. I wish you would stop rubbing it in my face. I can't wait until I have a bun so nice so I can rub it in other people's faces. :lachen:

Used up the last of my SE leave in conditioner!! That was a really nice product too. Might have to buy that in the future.

Of course we don't mind. Glad to have you back.

Please share your findings as you try out your new products.

I'm having mixed feelings about your bun. It's gorgeous. I love it.:lick: I'm hating looking at it over and over again though. :look: I'm happy for you. And it's pissing me off. I wish you would stop rubbing it in my face. I can't wait until I have a bun so nice so I can rub it in other people's faces. :lachen:

Definitely not at all my intention :nono::nono: Just want to show that bunning can be a good protective style:yep: but if u want i can take it down :look:

Definitely not at all my intention :nono::nono: Just want to show that bunning can be a good protective style:yep: but if u want i can take it down :look:

Girl I'm just hatin. Just my backwards way of giving you a compliment.

I don't really think you would take it down. Perhaps I should have called your bluff to see what you really would have said. :lol:

Girl I'm just hatin. Just my backwards way of giving you a compliment.

I don't really think you would take it down. Perhaps I should have called your bluff to see what you really would have said. :lol:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Well FYI I'm over here admiring the versatility if your natural hair. and please enjoy your hair length while you can. Detangling will only go downhill as your hair gets longer :ohwell: Not to mention long sheds everywhere and taking hours to air dry.

The grass is always greener on the other side is what I'm trying to say :yep:

Tonight I'm revisiting baggying. Doing a whole head baggy with cantu shea butter (avoiding scalp). If this is a hit, that's one more way to use up stuff :yep:

Tonight I'm revisiting baggying. Doing a whole head baggy with cantu shea butter (avoiding scalp). If this is a hit, that's one more way to use up stuff :yep:

I have a jar of that and some type of Cantu treatment :look:

I was reading the directions on the cantu shea butter last night. Want to try it soon.

My PJism is gone or I'm tired or I'm bored. Was in the health food store yesterday and barely paid attention to the hair care products. And I haven't even felt like going to look at hair accessories.

At the same time I do want to use my May pass but I don't know what I want to get.
I'm set with shampoos and conditioners. And I don't want to order anything online. I think I am going to stick with things I can get locally.

What I am thinking about is.
1. Going to Sally's and just trying something in sample size
2. Trying eco styler gel. With all the rave I've never purchased this.
3. Trying Alaffia Hair gel. Tried if for free in the store and it seemed nice.
4. Vatika oil. Heard the rave. Not sure i need another oil yet but maybe.
5. Hawaiin Silky 14 in 1 - not sure about the cones
6. Infusium Moisturizing - ?cones

Any suggestions ladies?

I probably won't buy anything until the holiday weekend. Thank God for a holiday. :woohoo:

Soooo I thought I was almost done with my jar of coconut oil... WRONG! I was looking through the spice cabinet and found an almost full jar of coconut oil sitting in there! *UGH!* Not like I have much to whine about because it is my one undying staple. At least I won't have to buy another one for a while.

Oh and I really really want some Roux shampoo and conditioner... maybe after I get rid of some more things.

My PJism is gone or I'm tired or I'm bored. Was in the health food store yesterday and barely paid attention to the hair care products. And I haven't even felt like going to look at hair accessories.

At the same time I do want to use my May pass but I don't know what I want to get.
I'm set with shampoos and conditioners. And I don't want to order anything online. I think I am going to stick with things I can get locally.

What I am thinking about is.
1. Going to Sally's and just trying something in sample size
2. Trying eco styler gel. With all the rave I've never purchased this.
3. Trying Alaffia Hair gel. Tried if for free in the store and it seemed nice.
4. Vatika oil. Heard the rave. Not sure i need another oil yet but maybe.
5. Hawaiin Silky 14 in 1 - not sure about the cones
6. Infusium Moisturizing - ?cones

Any suggestions ladies?

I probably won't buy anything until the holiday weekend. Thank God for a holiday. :woohoo:
The pass is only optional right. We're only 11 days into May so maybe you could wait a bit before using up a pass

:sekret: but I'd reccommend Vatika oil. Can you really have too many oils?

The pass is only optional right. We're only 11 days into May so maybe you could wait a bit before using up a pass

:sekret: but I'd reccommend Vatika oil. Can you really have too many oils?

I just knew you would have 20 suggestions :lol:.

I know I don't have to use the pass but if I don't then I might regret it. I won't buy anything until the end of the month. I know I will need my June pass for a DC because I will be out.

Right now it feels like I can have too many oils because my hair doesn't notice the difference. They are either heavy or light, greasy or not greasy. :perplexed Sunflower oil it likes, the rest :ohwell:

I am considering that Vatika oil. It's either that, a gel or a moisturizer.

I think about stuff forever :lol:

I cleansed my hair last night and man was I trying to use up some stuff. But I couldnt make it happen.
But I am really close on a few things. I see at least 4 items gone by the end of May.

And I want to cowash midweek but styling still takes me a long time. So maybe in July. No matter --
things are progressing well.

Keep up the g00d work ladies.

Forgot something. My mom has bought lots of CD products which she doesn't like because the smell is so strong. So I took the Lisa's Hair Elixir from her and adding it to my stash. I don't always read before I do something, so I put this in my prepoo solution and then applied it to my hair before I put in the DC. It had a nice tingle. When I washed it out - wow I smelled like a medicine cabinet :lol: Fortunately, I'm not really sensitive to smell.

Then I read it, and it says to use it for HOTs and leave on for 3 to 5 minutes. :ohwell:

So I'm going to add this to my stash and use it for oil treatments and replace my prepooing for a while.

So adding this product but I am throwing away the rest of the Garnier Fructis cream/gel stuff. It felt ok going on but it was a little greasy. But my hair this morning is dry and hard. There isn't much left so letting it go. Not even going to try to mix it.

I'm about to use up one of my products when I get into the shower. Pre-pooing is really the fast track to getting rid of conditioner even though it's messy and time-consuming.

Used up my Jessiecurl WDT. Thinking about throwing away some more products that I just cant get myself to use up.

Red = Removed from stash

Shampoos
Giovanni 50:50 shampoo
Keracare hydrating detangling shampoo
Phyto Organics shampoo (threw away..couldn't sell or trade and just hated it for my hair)

Conditioners
VO5 Moisture Milks Strawberry (4 bottles) Down to 2 bottles
Phyto Organics Therappe
Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Giovanni Tea Tree
Roux Porosity Control (2 bottles)
Joico Moisture Recovery

Deep Conditioners
Silk Elements MegaSilk Treatment
Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose
Jessiecurl Weekly Deep Treatment
Joico Moisture Balm
Joico K-pak Intense Hydrator (10 tubes) Down to 6 bottles
:whyme:
Lutrasilk Shea Mango

Leave Ins/Moisturizers
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier
Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Leave-In (3 bottles) Down to 1 bottle
Roux 619 leave-in (2 packs)

Oils & Essential Oils
Castor Oil
EVOO
Coconut Oil
Jojoba Oil
Rosemary Oil
Peppermint Oil
Tea Tree Oil

Styling products
EcoStyler gel (threw away couldn't get it to work in my hair)
Aloe Vera Gel
Qhemet Biologic Amla & Olive Heavy Cream

Misc.
GVP Chi Silk Infusion
Joico K-pak reconstructor (10 tubes) Down to 6 bottles
:whyme:
Aphogee 2 min
Claudie Scalp Elixir
Claudie Temple Balm

Tossed out the HV Green Tea Butter -it separated, and I had it for a while. Sucks cause it was pretty much full, but I don't even know if I liked it. Found a small amt of Keracare Silken Seal, used it since I decided to flat iron last minute. I love that stuff, don't know why I didn't restock. But I have enough glossers/protectants so it will be awhile. Thought I was gonna finish up Kenra MC, but have enough left for one more DC. But hey I got rid of the bottle, and but the rest in another container. I feel good! Haven't bought anything... but I REALLY WANT TO!!!

GVP Nexxus Humectress went bye bye last night.

Back