Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011

Used up some Clear Ice gel. Also found out that my Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo didn't get used up, just stolen. It was returned to me, with maybe 3 more washes in it, so it probably will be used up soon.

Over the weekend finished up a Yes to Carrots, and alma oil. Threw out a HV Whipped Jelly - I had it for a while so I figured it needed to be tossed. It felt to sticky & coated on my hands. My BF said I need to throw stuff out (he crazy) since I don't use it (he crazy). So I just have to get to using, and NO BUYING. Been good, haven't purchased anything (well I had my mom buy me something).

Over the weekend finished up a Yes to Carrots, and alma oil. Threw out a HV Whipped Jelly - I had it for a while so I figured it needed to be tossed. It felt to sticky & coated on my hands. My BF said I need to throw stuff out (he crazy) since I don't use it (he crazy). So I just have to get to using, and NO BUYING. Been good, haven't purchased anything (well I had my mom buy me something).

Good update Golden75. Three things off the list - nice. Remember to update your list and cross those off.

And add your mom gift to your stash list. :yep:

Still moving in the right direction. Good job.

Haven't been able to use up any of my conditioner this week with these twists in :(

If the twists aren't too lose at the root, you can still condition your hair and just rinse it out. Then moisturize your roots and hair with some oil. Since you aren't planning on keeping them in, doing this once a week won't be an issue.

If you oil them really well, I mix water and oil in a spray bottle, or use the olive oil cooking spray (easier but stinky), the twists come out easily, with miminum tangling.

If the twists aren't too lose at the root, you can still condition your hair and just rinse it out. Then moisturize your roots and hair with some oil. Since you aren't planning on keeping them in, doing this once a week won't be an issue.

If you oil them really well, I mix water and oil in a spray bottle, or use the olive oil cooking spray (easier but stinky), the twists come out easily, with miminum tangling.

I may use the same method I use to cowash when I have a sew in- a little conditioner and mostly water in a spray bottle. Just put the twists/weave in twists or big sections and spray the scalp directly.

Good update @Golden75. Three things off the list - nice. Remember to update your list and cross those off.

And add your mom gift to your stash list. :yep:

Still moving in the right direction. Good job.

faithVA - Thanks. I highlighted in red, and I did add the product. But thats it! Unless its free (I have a coupon for a free sample from Aveda, I already have the full size, but shoot if its free, I'll add to the stash :lol:)

@faithVA - Thanks. I highlighted in red, and I did add the product. But thats it! Unless its free (I have a coupon for a free sample from Aveda, I already have the full size, but shoot if its free, I'll add to the stash :lol:)

You can't pass up free, I don't care how big your stash is. :yep:

I'm out of this challenge :cry: I relapsed and bought a lot of stuff over the last couple days. I jumped on the Ayurdeva bandwagon and replenished staples. Also got some more random stuff. I'll still be cheering you guys on from the sidelines!!

I'm out of this challenge :cry: I relapsed and bought a lot of stuff over the last couple days. I jumped on the Ayurdeva bandwagon and replenished staples. Also got some more random stuff. I'll still be cheering you guys on from the sidelines!!

Well hopefully you will keep working on it. And round 2 starts July 1, so it's never too late to recommit and hop back in.

I had such a bad reaction to the Boundless Tresses oil, I decided to make my own oil blend for my thinning crown. I hope this works out better. So I threw away the Boundless tresses, the 2 ORS Fertilizer ointments and the Bronner Bros Temple Balm.

It is getting easier to throw things out that aren't working for me.

I finally have all of my stuff on one shelf. It's full but it fits. I took some pics this morning. I will post my stash by the end of the week.

Going to be nice to compare May 1st with June 30th with Sept 30th. :grin:

Don't be too hard on yourself cause it's a struggle for us all! Last week everybody was having a sale Curlmart, Oyin, Claudie's, etc, I can't go down a haircare aisle in a store without breaking into a cold sweat.. So dust yourself off and start again. :yep:

Ladies, I haven't finished anything, of course not :rolleyes: But I keep finding products that are not on my list. Like I just found a full jar of Afroveda Pur Whipped Jelly. I only used it once, ughh. And I know I have a jar of Qhem Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee but I can't find that, what is wrong with me. No organization!

Don't be too hard on yourself cause it's a struggle for us all! Last week everybody was having a sale Curlmart, Oyin, Claudie's, etc, I can't go down a haircare aisle in a store without breaking into a cold sweat.. So dust yourself off and start again. :yep:

Ladies, I haven't finished anything, of course not :rolleyes: But I keep finding products that are not on my list. Like I just found a full jar of Afroveda Pur Whipped Jelly. I only used it once, ughh. And I know I have a jar of Qhem Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee but I can't find that, what is wrong with me. No organization!

Eventually you will find it all, list it all and continually knock it off the list. It's just a matter of time.

I think the 1st few weeks there were a lot of 1/2 full and 1/4 full bottles in peoples stashes so it was easy to knock a few things off quickly. Now maybe not so quick, but it will be just a rewarding. :yep:

Ladies, I haven't finished anything, of course not :rolleyes: But I keep finding products that are not on my list. Like I just found a full jar of Afroveda Pur Whipped Jelly. I only used it once, ughh. And I know I have a jar of Qhem Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee but I can't find that, what is wrong with me. No organization![/QUOTE]

ThickRoot-- Me too. I'm like this is ridiculous. So to keep me semi-sane I am making a list for the future, after I use up my stash (hopefully prices won't inflate) or if I lose 10lbs :look:.

I had such a bad reaction to the Boundless Tresses oil, I decided to make my own oil blend for my thinning crown. I hope this works out better. So I threw away the Boundless tresses, the 2 ORS Fertilizer ointments and the Bronner Bros Temple Balm.

It is getting easier to throw things out that aren't working for me.

faithVA Speaking of allergic to oils. The Shikakai Hair Oil by Afroveda does not agree with me. Everytime I use it my scalp gets the itchies. Now I'm trying to figure out what in it doesn't agree with me so I don't buy it again. A good thing about this challenge is it's helping me discover what works and what doesn't. Like, right now I'm in love with KBB hair milk, don't remember it working this well before. But I digress, if that oil is causeing you problems like that the best thing is to give it up, yuck!

@ThickRoot-- Me too. I'm like this is ridiculous. So to keep me semi-sane I am making a list for the future, after I use up my stash (hopefully prices won't inflate) or if I lose 10lbs :look:.[/QUOTE]

Golden75 Let the church say amen! The 10lbs would be great for me too.

@faithVA Speaking of allergic to oils. The Shikakai Hair Oil by Afroveda does not agree with me. Everytime I use it my scalp gets the itchies. Now I'm trying to figure out what in it doesn't agree with me so I don't buy it again. A good thing about this challenge is it's helping me discover what works and what doesn't. Like, right now I'm in love with KBB hair milk, don't remember it working this well before. But I digress, if that oil is causeing you problems like that the best thing is to give it up, yuck!

I did give it up. I thought about keeping it but it was a pretty severe reaction. My face was red. My mom was looking at me all crazy. I'm not sure if it was the sulfur or if it was one of the ingredients used to scent the oil. I don't usually have a reaction to anything. But I am having hormonal issues so :ohwell: things don't always work the same.

Thanks for the info about the Shikakai hair oil. I was just looking at that today. I think words like "Shikakai" catch my attention. :lol: oooh, so exotic.

I reached my length goal of SL this month so technically I guess that means I get two passes for May. Amazingly I have no urge to get anything. I think I am just going to use my May pass. Maybe towards the end of the month I will go to Sally's and pick up a sample something.

It doesn't seem fun anymore to buy things that I don't get to use. :nono: :perplexed:

I retwisted my hair tonight and used the rest of the Curls Goddess Glaze. Glad that is gone. It made my hair soo stiff. I want to get rid of things I know I absolutely don't want first so the CD loc butter is my next target. Getting ready to do some creative mixing to use up some of the products:

CD loc butter + KC Styling Serum
or
CD loc butter + Shea Moisture Smoothie

Going to cowash with HE LTR in the morning...... Maybe one more use after that of that bottle.

Added some more products bc I needed some retail therapy last week. My Claudie's stuff hasn't come yet but I added it to the list anyways.

Red = Removed from stash

Shampoos
Giovanni 50:50 shampoo
Keracare hydrating detangling shampoo
Phyto Organics shampoo (threw away..couldn't sell or trade and just hated it for my hair)

Conditioners
VO5 Moisture Milks Strawberry (4 bottles) Down to 2 bottles
Phyto Organics Therappe
Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Giovanni Tea Tree
Roux Porosity Control (2 bottles)
Joico Moisture Recovery

Deep Conditioners
Silk Elements MegaSilk Treatment
Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose
Jessiecurl Weekly Deep Treatment
Joico Moisture Balm
Joico K-pak Intense Hydrator (10 tubes) Down to 6 bottles
:whyme:
Lutrasilk Shea Mango

Leave Ins/Moisturizers
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier
Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Leave-In (3 bottles) Down to 1 bottle
Roux 619 leave-in (2 packs)

Oils & Essential Oils
Castor Oil
EVOO
Coconut Oil
Jojoba Oil
Rosemary Oil
Peppermint Oil
Tea Tree Oil

Styling products
EcoStyler gel (threw away couldn't get it to work in my hair)
Aloe Vera Gel
Qhemet Biologic Amla & Olive Heavy Cream

Misc.
GVP Chi Silk Infusion
Joico K-pak reconstructor (10 tubes) Down to 6 bottles
:whyme:
Aphogee 2 min
Claudie Scalp Elixir
Claudie Temple Balm

Used up some Shea Moisture Shea Butter Conditioner yesterday. Nothing really in the works to be finished soon so it may be a while before I check back in.

Used up some Shea Moisture Shea Butter Conditioner yesterday. Nothing really in the works to be finished soon so it may be a while before I check back in.

I understand. Things will keep moving right along. I will send a shout out to everybody near the end of May anywayz to see what is going on.

Going to cowash with HE LTR in the morning...... Maybe one more use after that of that bottle.

After cowashing this morning what I said last night was a lie. I STILL have several uses in that bottle, mind you guys that this is a big bottle that Herbal Essence has.

Shampoo
Crème of Nature Professional Detangling- Conditioning (Green-1/2 bottle Im guessing)
***I have been trying to stretch this out by using 1/3 of water, oil, and poo.
Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Conditioner
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship
ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor (2 bottles)
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Conditioner
ION Reconstructor Treatment
Aussie Moist Conditioner
LeKair Cholesterol Plus
Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Protein Hair Infusion

Leave-In/Moisturizer
Generic Value Products The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Mane ‘n Tail Detangler
ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème
CHI Keratin Mist

Oil
African Royale Hot Six Oil
Safflower Oil
EVOO
Coconut Oil

Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Amla Powder
Brahmi
Indigo

Other
CHI Silk Infusion (2 bottles)
CHI 44 Iron Guard
KeraCare Foam Wrap Lotion
Motions Foam Wrap Lotion
KeraCare Oil Sheen
French Stabilizer Plus
Ecostyler Clear Gel
Nexxus Emergencee

I keep coming in and looking at this list hoping to magically "X" something out LOL, but its not working so I guess I need to start to get to moving on DCing and cowashing. Imma go look around to see what I can do with these indian powders. My mom use the indigo so I am not so much worried about that one.

The awesome thing about this challenge is that it also motivates u to wash and moisturize your hair more often = more length retention. I can't wait to join round 2

AlliCat-- your bun is beautiful!

Hopefully I will finish something --I plan to use up the Mizani cleansing condish first, should be done in 2-3 washings. I'm trying to think of a plan of attack on these products, and at the same time determine my staples. So far I know I love Oyin, KBB, HV 24/7. So I think I am gonna use up the so/so stuff 1st (hopefully they will stay on the so/so list).

Back