Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 3

I think I'm gonna drop out this challenge. I'm not really trying to use up all of my products seeing as how they aren't easily available for me to repurchase anyway.

Sent from my Android...Boom.

I think I'm gonna drop out this challenge. I'm not really trying to use up all of my products seeing as how they aren't easily available for me to repurchase anyway.

NikkiQ
Please stay. I don't use the challenge to finish up my stash quickly, but prevent me from buying unnecessarily. I thought moving to Canada will curb my purchases, but I have found ways around it :lol:.

I noticed you are in PR. Is shipping down there similar to shipping within the US or is there an extra charge?

NikkiQ
Please stay. I don't use the challenge to finish up my stash quickly, but prevent me from buying unnecessarily. I thought moving to Canada will curb my purchases, but I have found ways around it :lol:.

I noticed you are in PR. Is shipping down there similar to shipping within the US or is there an extra charge?

It's the same,but a lot of sites (like Amazon and Walmart) won't ship hair products or nail polish here.

I'm not dropping out until they kick me out!
NTM silk touch used up today!

I finished up Dudley's Hair Rebuilder today. I won't be repurchasing. I also used my Hair One for Curly Hair sample. I may repurchase but if I do it won't be until after I BC.

I have so many shampoos to use up. I also dilute them so it seems like that's going to take forever. I want to try out Ayurvedic rinses and shampoo bars. I also want tot try Terressentials Mud wash but I'll just wait for that to be available locally.

I'm not "wowed" by most of these conditioners I own so I'll be adding honey and oils to these bad boys. :yep:

I bought some neem oil on Sunday. Does that mean I used my pass for this month? Also, do passes accumulate if you don't use them?:look::grin:

Question about Black Friday--everybody seems excited about this and holding out for these sales. Are they really that good?

Last edited:

I don't think you should go. I don't care if you never use anything up every again :ohwell:

The only products i've finished since my last post which i'm sure was over a month a go was the AO HSR :-(. It's taking me soo long to finish, I promise you this Paul Mitchell The Conditioner will never disappear. Every wash/cw day I think, "oh, I'll finish it today", nope. I think it's because of my fine low/med density hair that I can't use a lot of product. Grrrr:-(!

I'm going to start back using my Aphogee poo for damaged hair maybe once a month to try and use it up while strengthening my hair in the process

Just used up Nexxus Humectress doing a pre poo treatment since I'm going to use sulfate poo today. Also only have one more use of Megatek old formula

Used up CJ Smoothing Conditioner
Used the remaining LCL to detox my body; I may buy another one sometime next year.
Used up Lush Jasmine & Henna Fluff Eaze unintentionally. :nono:

NikkiQ

Same. I use it to focus on using the stuff that's just been siting there and to not add to that pile. My staples actually last a little longer now since I'm able to incorporate some of the other products in. :yep:

With that being said, I think I've only purchased one new item since this session started, and that was only because the store was out of my staple leave-in. Other than that I've just been restocking staples. Next week I'm going to pull out all of my products and update my inventory list since I fell off on updating it. I know I've used at least one thing up I just can't remember what it was :drunk: I'm going to apply my henna after I finish to post, lol, so I hope I can finally drop a bottle of conditioner when I rinse it out later.

Used one if my samples of Darcy's leave in cream. Also opened my Nubian Heritage Grow & Strengthen custard its OK kinda dry I might finish it up but I won't repurchase

Cracked open Lustrasilk Tea Tree Cholesterol and DCing with it right now......
Used up my small tube of got2b glued SPIKING GLUE also. Always will have a tube of this but i got my extra out of the way.....

I had family visiting from New Orleans this weekend. I sent them home with a liter size of AG sulfate free shampoo and Deep Conditioner Reconstructer treatment. I also gave my niece a tube of Aquage Defining gel:-)

Not using up anything tonight. DCing with my Nubian Heritage. I may cowash with the Deva Curl One depending on my hair feels. Will seal with some oil then apply some diluted As I Am. Then will twist with the Jane Carter Curling Cream.

I don't have much of the As I Am left but not sure if this is the last use.

Bottled up some of my gels as samples for my swap buddy. But still have a lot of that left.

Hey ladies I haven't used anything up at the moment. NikkiQ please don't leave, we are all up in here buying, trying, using and reviewing. we will really miss you.

Garner Fructis Fall fight.... gone!
Patene color conditioner ......

got2b sleek leave in hair conditioner.......... gone:grin:

Hey ladies I haven't used anything up at the moment. @NikkiQ please don't leave, we are all up in here buying, trying, using and reviewing. we will really miss you.

I agree NikkiQ. I don't really hang out in here because I really have a stash to use up. It just helps me stay on track. And I like having some place to hang out while I'm looking for my staples.

Opened Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue (sample) up too tonight. I will defiantly be buying this when I complete this transition. My NG curlies popped so hard.

I'm really glad I'm pulling more stuff out of my stash. At the behinning of my hj I would go and buy every product that was raved about and if if didn't give the results I wanted after one use I would trash it lol. Now I see you really have to stick with a product to see how well it works over time. Having said that, I have rediscovered one n only argan oil, and it is now a staple:grin:

I'm pretty new here and I know I'm late but I'd love too join. I've always been a pj and have always tried to lessen my stash. After deciding to eliminate sulfates and silicones I've decided to truly get my product list down to the important necessities.

Shampoos: Aubrey Organics honeysuckle rose
Dessert Essence Italian red grape
Carol's Daughter Hair milk
L'oreal EverCreme cleansing Conditioner

Conditioners: Aubrey Organics honeysuckle rose
AOWhite camellia
AOGPB
GVP conditioning balm
Suave naturals Refreshing waterfall mist
SN Mango Mandarin
SN Sun-ripened strawberry
L'oreal EverPure Moisture leave-in conditioner
L'oreal Everpure smooth conditioner
Wen Sweet almond mint
Curl Junkie smoothing lotion
Trader Joe's trees tree tingle
Giovanni smooth as silk
Giovanni 50:50 Balance
Hayashi system 911 conditioner
As I Am hydration elation

Treatments: Wen sweet almond mint repair
AO Blue green algae Conditioning mask
Ion repair solutions
Hayashi strath 911 Emergency Pak

Stylers: Aubrey organics Mandarin magic jelly
Curl junkie Curls in a bottle
Curly hair solutions Curl keeper
Curly hair solutions tweek
Herbal essence totally twisted Curl boosting mousse
Frizz ease Curl reviver mousse
Paul Mitchell super sculpt small bottle
Paul Mitchell super sculpt bIg bottle
L'oreal everSleek frizz serum
Aubrey organics Sea buckthorn Leave-in Conditioner & curl activator
Desert Essence coconut shine & refine hair lotion
Desert Essence coconut soft curls hair cream
Black N sassy creamy set

*had to revise...added a few I'd forgotten about.

Last edited:
I'm pretty new here and I know I'm late but I'd love too join. I've always been a pj and have always tried to lessen my stash. After deciding to eliminate sulfates and silicones I've decided to truly get my product list down to the important necessities.

Shampoos: Aubrey Organics honeysuckle rose
Dessert Essence Italian red grape
Carol's Daughter Hair milk
L'oreal EverCreme cleansing Conditioner

Conditioners: Aubrey Organics honeysuckle rose
AOWhite camellia
AOGPB
Suave naturals Refreshing waterfall mist
SN Mango Mandarin
SN Sun-ripened strawberry
L'oreal everPure Moisture leave-in conditioner
L'oreal everpure smooth conditioner